FBQ1000 PA functions

New

by richdon

2020-11-05

Hi all. I am new here and am in no way a musician. I am rather a music and movie enthusiast. I purchased a Behringer FBQ1000 at the begining of 2020. I have hust unpacked it this week and was thinking of using it as a parametric equaliser to equalize the subwoofer in my home theater that I drive with the EP2500 in bridge mode. I have read all I can, the user manual and a few other white papers, watched a few videos on YouTube although the one I was intersted in was in a language I could not understand, Polish I think. For the life of me, I can't get any frequencies to stick. Here is what I have tried so far: Factory reset- Filter Mode=PA Filter select= I have tried #4 & #5. Filter select 1, choose a frequency Ex: 25Hz Bandwidt and gain and then hit store once. The display flashes for the chosen filter select (4 or 5). When it stops, I go to filter 2, and repeat the same operation for the 6 filter bands I need. But when I shut off and turn on again, it shows the chosen channel in the display (4 or 5) but all the red leds are flashing like no filters have been applied. Then it seems to be counting and some of the leds turn solid red all the way to the last filter. This takes around 30 minutes to complete I am using REW software to figure out the filters I need. What am I doing wrong?
Don