VL3 clean output when nothing selected?

New

by inesoa

2022-05-19

I’ve had VL3 for some years, but haven’t used it much outside of the default presets, so essentially a newbie. I have a question regarding expected functionality. My intended use is to play trumpet through the voice portion and I’m not worried about guitar or looping at this time.

I wiped out the default presets and set up a preset for each song. I mostly have all the song keys and steps and effects dialed in for each. The way I expected it to work is that when I have it set to voice but don’t have any effects selected/enabled, a baseline “clean” signal/sound, similar to Bypass, would pass through to the output. However, at this time no sound is passed to output unless I enable an effect.

How might I enable output of a clean signal to be used the majority of the time? Do I have to use bypass? (I know I can remap the key.) Do I have to set a key to some effect with all the associated settings set to zero? I know setting up steps would eliminate most of the juggling if I have to go that route, but I hope I’m just missing some sort of global setting somewhere.

Thank you,

-Aaron