Statistics

253,624 members
131,198 posts
  • Guibrazil
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-07
    I have read many complaints about the chorus, I also found it very weak . A solution that was packed using the detune with paramentros 15 and -15 as chorus, it was much better than the original.
    Hope that helps.
    gui
    0 4,854
    • Guibrazil
      squashman I also like using the pitch change for chorus, it's very good. Plus, it frees up the modulation patch for something else.
      • April 18, 2010
    • Guibrazil
      iloveespguitars Exactly my setting! -15 and +15 is the best chorus sound
      • April 18, 2010
    • Guibrazil
      Paul461 nice sound on this...much better, Thanks!
      • April 21, 2010
    • Guibrazil
      skull_stjohn Great trick!! Works like a charm, and leaves Mod open for another preset.

Thanks!!!!
      • March 5, 2012
    • Guibrazil
      jwoertz That's what I do, too! Then I use the MOD slot for tremolo or something.
      • March 7, 2012
  • bkingman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-04-05
    Hi, I need to replace the battery in this Finalizer. I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'm having a hard time finding answers. Will TC supply a replacement battery and instructions on the process? I am not a newby and can handle a soldering iron. I've read they might insist on sending the unit in to a service center or back to them for a unreasonable fee. If anyone has any advise or guidance it would be appreciated.
    thank you.
    read more...
    0 801
  • porknoy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-01
    Hello to all NOVA SYSTEM users, i have an ANNOUNCEMENT to make!
    I don't know if it'll work for my intention but i want to let TC know how many NOVA SYSTEM users would really appreciate
    a KILLDRY PATCH! My parallel loop CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT! I love NOVA but i can't really stand this situation anymore.

Pls give me your support!
    read more...
    0 31,002
    • porknoy
      porknoy .....just submit here your agreements...Thanks!
      • April 1, 2010
    • porknoy
      JMP2203 sure!

that would be great
      • April 6, 2010
    • porknoy
      jimbasara They implemented Killdry with the latest G System upgrade so maybe a similar NS patch is on the horizon.
      • April 6, 2010
    • porknoy
      porknoy Thank you guys.

COME ON! submit as many replies as possible, TC must see this!

Thanks again.
      • April 6, 2010
    • porknoy
      yossarian At a guess, people aren't responding because they don't care.
      • April 7, 2010
  • Dom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-31
    Hello everyone,

I am having a very serious problem with my Impact Twin.

Cubase detects it midi I/O but MIDI out and Midi In does not send or receive any midi data.

I tried connecting my Axiom via Midi and Cubase was not detecting any midi activity. Also, when I connected a hardware synth Midi out was not sending any data to the synth.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, even did the cleanup process mentioned in the knowledge base but still my midi I/O does not seem to work.

I am starting to think I have a faulty unit.
    read more...
    0 16,648
    • Dom
      Dom Bump, anyone?
      • April 6, 2010
    • Dom
      Derlee have you got a possibility to check this issue at other DAW (may be in demo version)?

it seems to be some communication trouble. does the midi via usb work?

have you plugged all plugs correctly? I mean:

MIDI OUT from keyboard to MIDI IN in your interface?
      • April 9, 2010
    • Dom
      Dom

Derlee wrote:

have you got a possibility to check this issue at other DAW (may be in demo version)?

it seems to be some communication trouble. does the midi via usb work?

have you plugged all plugs correctly? I mean:

MIDI OUT from keyboard to MIDI IN in your interface?

Yes, I also tried it on a laptop. And midi via USB worked correctly.

Anyway just wanted to say that my unit is in Service right now, the MIDI I/O problem is acknowledged and I am waiting for my unit to be repaired.

In the meantime, I talked to someone I know that he also bought Impact Twin and he also has the same problem with his MIDI I/O.

Anyone having the Impact Twin could you please check that your MIDI I/O works correctly?

It seems like a big coincidence for 2/2 units.

No Impact Twin for the time being for me
      • April 17, 2010
    • Dom
      Derlee Pls send an info when it's repaired, ok?

I really don't have any idea that could make any sence.
      • April 18, 2010
    • Dom
      Dom Just contacted the service department today. They told me that the problem is serious and are trying to fix it. Unfortunately my dealer does not have any other units so I can swap my unit for a new one...
      • April 19, 2010
  • felixq78
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-30
    I'm absolutely surprised and disappointed that TC Electronic doesn't provide firmware upgrades in any other format than Windows.
    Why does the music industry use Macintosh computers?
    The answer is, because MS operating systems are crappy, not secure and unreliable.
    I use Linux which is similar to the Mac OS but it appears that I can't upgrade my firmware unless I use Microsoft operating systems.
    Not acceptable!
    read more...
    0 7,361
    • felixq78
      TC-Mike hi, we have Mac updater for all of our newer products. Some older discontinued products like the G-sharp didn't have a Mac updater at that time unfortunately. The G-Sharp editor software is also available for MAC and Windows.

best regards, Mike
      • January 14, 2013
    • felixq78
      florri I have a Brunetti head amplifier 059 (MIDI), G-Sharp, and a Rolls MIDIPedal MP80. The connections are output midipedal input G-Sharp, Output G-Sharp Input Brunetti.
      • February 2, 2014
  • marti25930
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-29
    Just wanted to know what amps are u guys (and gals) using with your Nova System. I want to change my Fender '59 Bassman Ltd (a reissue) because the bass sounds woofy and the highs are too ice-picky at high volumes. Also, the nova distortion sounds subpar with this amp. What do you recommend? I need a 40-50W amp that can stay pretty clean at higher volumes.
    read more...
    0 71,249
    • marti25930
      Paul461 I use a Mesa/Boogie F50...clean channel is clean as...easy amp to use and a nice size.
      • March 29, 2010
    • marti25930
      jimbasara Carr Slant Six for small club gigs.

ZT Lunchbox amp for band practice.

Both work great with the NS.

For larger venues I have a rackmount rig that I use a G System with, but the NS sounds good there too. That has an Egnater M4 preamp and a Fryette 2-50-2 power amp.
      • March 29, 2010
    • marti25930
      edoates I've used it with a Marshall JCM 2000 and a couple of different Peavey stacks (clean channels) at RRFC worked well; at home, Fender Deluxe Reverb RI; Vibrolux Reverb "Custom" (not the vintage unit). It works well with all of those units.
      • March 29, 2010
    • marti25930
      Lespauldude I use an ENGL 670 SE with EL34's. The clean channel sparkles.
      • March 30, 2010
    • marti25930
      NicDOak Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 30 SLX. Loves it.
      • March 31, 2010
  • PB2NJ51104
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-26
    TC Konnekt 48 is it possible to use two of these units together for 24 analog i/o??

I'm not going to daisy chain them, each unit will have it's own dedicated firewire port.

I'm not interested in the remote functionality, I won't be using it at all so that isn't a problem.

I would like to know if there any problems that I should be aware of before purchasing??? Drivers compatibility with using two units?? Using them in Snow Leopard?? is it stable??

I was a TC Powercore user not long ago but abandoned the platform because of driver headaches but its great that TC seems to have gotten their act together now and I'm willing to join the bandwagon once more but would like to know if it's stable for the task of having two units.

Has anybody tried this kind of setup before has it worked?? maybe the TC people can chime in if using two units is viable.
    read more...
    0 22,974
    • PB2NJ51104
      Anamnesia Apparently, yes. And apparently, yes!

You can have multiple Konnekt units connected to the same computer.

Not only that, but you can daisy-chain 2x SK48's together.

From what I understand all the Konnekts will work together on the one system, however it's only when you start adding multiple other firewire devices when things become unpredictable.

On another note; having a single Firewire adaptor (with multiple ports) in your computer doesn't mean that you aren't daisy chaining them. It's only if you have multiple adaptors that you can truly segregate your firewire devices.
      • March 26, 2010
    • PB2NJ51104
      biochill

PB2NJ51104 wrote:

TC Konnekt 48 is it possible to use two of these units together for 24 analog i/o??

I'm not going to daisy chain them, each unit will have it's own dedicated firewire port.

I guess you might to try to combine both SK's and create a composite audio device using the Audio-MIDI-Setup tool. That's because in Logic you can only address one audio interface (assuming you use Logic). I tried that once with my SK48 and a non-TC audio interface, but I abandoned the approach because the channel names were mixed up, and I didn't really require the non-TC interface to be firewire'd.

Another option would be to connect the 8 line inputs from the 2nd SK48 via ADAT to your primary one. That way you can avoid the composite audio interface. But the ADAT pipe can only take 8 inputs, leaving the 4 front inputs behind.
      • March 27, 2010
    • PB2NJ51104
      rune Yes, you can run 2 x SK48 as long as they are on the same firewire controller. No need to create aggregate devices etc. as biochill suggests. This however all depends on the Macs firewire controller. Firewire chipsets used on certain Macs might have problems with such a large amount of synchronous data (iMacs would be the most obvious)
      • June 20, 2010
    • PB2NJ51104
      PB2NJ51104 I just bought two of these units and I have a very specific problem with them only one of them DAW locks at a time both units are recognized and can be adjusted with their settings but only one can be used at a time. What's the deal? why is it that only one unit DAW locks at a time??

I have relentlessly emailed your support team but the guy that responded to me didn't have a clue on what I was talking about and even admitted that he wasn't thinking right, could you kindly forward my problem to a more competent person and fire that jackass.
      • June 20, 2010
    • PB2NJ51104
      rune What is your support reference number?
      • June 20, 2010
  • JayGarrett
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-25
    Good idea - looking forward to a chance of trying one out
    0 5,723
    • JayGarrett
      Don Hi Guys.

I'm on the look out for a new combo and..

I wonder if anyone had an exact release date for these combos in Europe?

I look forward to being able to try them out and getting myself one as a result.
      • April 25, 2010
    • JayGarrett
      JayGarrett I've heard whispers of a June release but not sure. They do look good as do the specs.

Let me know when you try one :0)

J
      • May 27, 2010
    • JayGarrett
      lasher Is anyone aware if TC has any intentions of doing another model of the great new line of bass rigs that contains TC's infamouse chorus effect? Seems like a no brainer - best chorus around to go in one of these cool new bass models. Please advise...
      • July 2, 2010
    • JayGarrett
      Revolver323 I expect a BG500 115 for review any time now. I haven't heard a European release date, but they are shipping now in the US.
      • July 19, 2010
  • CAW
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-24
    Been really happy with my RH450. But I'd love to see a proper rack-mount version made, not just bolting it to a shelf.

Ideally the rack-mount version would have input jacks in both the front and back of the unit. That way the rear jack can be permanently connected to a rack-mount wireless receiver (which always have their outputs in the rear) and then automatically disconnect the rear input and switch to the front when something is plugged into the front for a manual override of the rear jack for special situations.

I'd also like to see it have MIDI control. Both switching between patches via program number, as well as responding to CCs to individually adjust the all parameters (EQs, compressor, TubeTone, etc). To prevent having to re-design the RC4, you could still have the 3 main memories, but then also have a bank of say 5-10 MIDI-only preset patches as well. That allows the RC4 to still be usable, but a MIDI stomp controller would have even more flexibility in preset recall. Program changes could select from either the 3 physical presets or the bank of MIDI presets, while CCs could adjust individual parameters from expression pedals. And please insure it at least has a MIDI thru port so that it can be cascaded with other devices in the rack.
    read more...
    0 2,682
  • RudBobbins
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-03-23
    All right, this is surely user-error, but I can't figure out how to rename my user presets. I can double-click "Store" and use the right-wheel to change the first letter but can't for the life of me get it to move to the other letter positions. Help, I feel like a total dummy!

Also, another quick question. I would like to have some MIDI channels that have the G-Major completely bypassed. I have presets on my MIDI preamp that I would like to NOT have the G-Major on. Is this possible? I could imagine creating a G-Major preset that is called "BYPASS" which does just that. Then map my MIDI controller to that preset.

Thanks in advance,
    RB
    read more...
    0 3,784
    • RudBobbins
      guitarded I forget how it works exactly... but whichever wheel you are using to change the characters(inner or outter)... switch to the opposite wheel(outter or inner) to advance to next digit...

as for the bypass... you just need to assign a cc to a button on your foot controller to enter the by-pass mode... then it's always available on whatever patch you are on... just stomp the button and it will by-pass...

I don't think you can save a single patch in a by-passed state... I beleive it is a global setting for the entire unit... meaning it is either by-passed or processing for all patches.

You could set up a patch with all individual effects block dissabled... should get you about the same thing...

Good luck!
      • March 23, 2010
    • RudBobbins
      RudBobbins Thanks Kevin, I'll give it a go!

I'll also try creating a patch that has no effects engaged, I'm sure that will work. It sure would be nice if there was a universal bypass that could be assigned to a MIDI channel. I only use effects about 25% of the time, dry otherwise and I don't want to sacrifice my tone for that 25% to control the other 75%.

I have a momentary switch set to bypass on my G-Major and it works fine, just another dance step I have to make when switching patches.

Thanks again.
      • March 23, 2010
    • RudBobbins
      Dasy12 For a very long time I was looking for information on this topic. Thanks to all!
      • October 10, 2017
Go to page