Statistics

253,624 members
131,197 posts
  • barde
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-03-21
    Hi, i need to buy a new laptop and i am afraid to buy one who could have problem with my Konnekt live.
    Is there some of you who could help me for this choice of a laptop with Texas instrument chipset.

Thanks Daniel
    0 1,870
    • barde
      Kostekandreev I ve bought Dell Studio 1558

- works perfect so far ( I 3, 4 Gb RAM DDR 3 , 1333, W7 64 bit)
      • March 21, 2010
    • barde
      Document02 http://www.notebookcheck.net/

Site tests include DPC latency checks, that'll come in handy.
      • March 23, 2010
    • barde
      Ayaz

You should buy dell laptop because it provides Fully-featured laptops and 2-in-1s that invite you to experience immersive Dell Cinema, wherever you go, with a variety of sleek design options.

• May 29, 2019
  • Julio883
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-03-20
    I'm a newbie but I have understand that a Finalizer would be a nice choice, and it is true - fantastic...

Instructions are not as comprehensive as i need:
    connections scenarios are really too few, and i still dont understand if i am routing in the correct way all the stuff I am using:

I have a RME FF 400 with Nuendo 4.
    I have connected PC to RME, RME Analog Outs 1 and 2 to monitors,
    RME ADAT and SPDIF INs to Finalizer ADAT and SPDIF OUTs,
    RME ADAT and SPDIF OUTs to Finalizer ADAT and SPDIF INs,
    in Nuendo VST connections:
    INs:
    Bus 1 - 'Main' - Analogs 1 and 2
    Bus 2 - 'Finalizer' - ADAT 1 AND 2
    OUTs:
    Bus 1 - 'Main' - Analogs 1 and 2
    Bus 2 - 'Finalizer Out' - Analogs 3 and 4 - this is one of my doubt: I have only 2 monitors, how can I be really sure that I am routing and hearing Finalizer makeup to the mix?
    moreover, if I mixdown using Bus 2 - 'Finalizer Out' the file is empty, I have to create a track with Bus 2 - 'Finalizer' - ADAT 1 AND 2 as in, and rec in real time, like an instrument... where I'm wrong?
    Another doubt is:
    I see that in every preset is used Ext.Insert 1: does this signal run through the same connection, or it is necessary plug more cable? (but where?)

Same line doubts: how may I use the Ext Ins 2?
    In Nuendo in Ext FX, I have created a Bus Send and Return using ADAT 3 and 4: is it right?

Furthermore, is it possible to use Finalizer to record sounds or to compress voice/instrument recording?

Thank you all and excuse my long and probably naive question - it would be nice if somebody is using RME TotalMix and Finalizer, because the fact I dont understand TotalMix very good, I think its one of my faults...
    read more...
    0 848
  • idasys
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-20
    I wish to push at least 800W from my rig. Is it cool to use a power amp in bridge mode with this unit as well as using 2 RH450 instead, and if so, how many witts should the power amp be? Example another 450, 800?

Are they planning on making a RH450 with more wattage soon?

RH800 3.0
    read more...
    0 2,182
  • Kostekandreev
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-18
    I got this problem for several month's but it seems that noone has a solution

the problem is:
    focusrite LM and TC Konnent live
    do not work together in every " normal" connection
    on win 7 64 bit
    on my desk top i found a solution but it is unnormal anyway :
    the daisy connection works only ( ?!?!)
    other connection ( same FW controller on TI or two different controllers on TI) don't work
    - or TC loose connection with PC or LM is not found!!!
    with daisy connection I have to do some ridiculouse things like
    a)
    first turn on PC and TC
    b)
    then and only then turn on LM
    c)
    run Cubase 4.5.2
    and open project with LM as plugins
    I normally do it several times cause first time opening shows me LM not connected or need to be restart
    anyway after several takes it starts
    then
    I see that all compressors in LM work but no eq's
    i just need to switch on / off every bend to get it work
    then it work.........

now I got next PC - laptop Dell 1558
    so
    DELL can not see Lm
    anyway ( desktop see normal)
    or when I try to run both TC and LM
    TC - lose connection

I ve claimed about it to
    Focusrite ( they are working out on solution)
    Cubase - no answer
    Dell ......
    TC - no answer for several months ( I found daisy connection works on tower so I just work and have no time for sending nonsense messages to support - no answer so far)
    but now when i am trying lap top - I got to use it on other part of world for a while ....

I just do not know who should I ask for advise
    so I am asking here also
    and i will be appreciate for every advise
    THX before
    read more...
    0 3,239
    • Kostekandreev
      Kostekandreev bump after some changes of additional FW card

dell works perfect with TC and LM together

what about tower problem?
      • March 21, 2010
    • Kostekandreev
      Undress Hello Kostekandreev,

now three years have past, since your post here.

But i have the exact same problem as you.

Can you tell me, what you did?

And if you found a solution?

I would really appreciate any help!

My setup:

Win XP Professional SP3

Intel Quadcore

Studio Konnekt 48

Liquid Mix 16

Cubase Studio 4.5.2

Thank you!

Regards,

Andres.
      • January 20, 2014
    • Kostekandreev
      tacman7 I used to have a pci card, I could bounce perfect loops with it.

When I got firewire, I realized that it was slower than pci. I have punch record to get a good loop.

It was faster than usb but it was barely doing the job.

That's my opinion of why you can't run two devices through your firewire port, it can barely do one.
      • January 20, 2014
    • Kostekandreev
      Undress Hey Tacman7,

i dont really understand, what you are meaning?

both the liquid mix and the sk48 have their own dedicated firewire pci-card.

when i try to run them on one card, i immidiately get the message from the liquid mix software, that the bandwith is insufficient.

thats why they have their own fw-card.

regards,

andres.
      • February 22, 2014
  • nwyninegar
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-16
    Where can I obtain a copy of this white paper regarding the g-system? I have googled and googled "How to get the most out of the g-system" and "white paper Laird Williams" but just brings me to articles that talk about the famous white paper by Laird instead of the actual document.
    read more...
    0 123,915
  • drews
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-03-11
    How much power will the RH450 put out through a single 8 Ohm cab?
    0 2,669
  • vineshaw
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-08
    I can't get my volume pedal to work. I bought one of the pedals TC Electronics recommended, the Ernie Ball 25k Stereo, and I've tried everything to get it to work. The best I can come up with is it acts as an on/off switch. It won't sweep through the volume levels at all. I've searched this Forum and the TC Electronics site and tried everything. When I hit my levels button on the Nova System it shows I'm going from -100 to 0, but it still just acts like an on/off switch. I tried changing the min, mid, high mapping to all kinds of variations and nothing changes. Am I missing something? Can anyone please walk me through this. I really like to do volume swells and this is driving me crazy. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    read more...
    0 3,581
    • vineshaw
      yossarian Have you tried calibrating the pedal? I think it's in Menu -> Pedals. That's given me issues before. I use a 25k Mono EB Jr volume pedal, and it works just fine.

Just to be clear, how do you have everything hooked up? What's the signal path? Are you running in loop or in front of your amp?

If you're just using it to do volume swells, is there a reason that you're using the built in feature for volume rather than just putting the pedal in front of or after the Nova System?

I really miss the old feature where you could use one pedal and assign it to volume OR an effect parameter. Sucks that they took that feature away.
      • March 9, 2010
    • vineshaw
      vineshaw Thanks so much for getting back to me. I may bug you for a while since you've obviously won with a similar pedal. I've tried calibration over and over again and changed the min, mid, and high several times. It still just goes on and off. My nova is in front of my amp. I've tried to put the pedal after the nova, but then when I bring the pedal down, it kills all the sound coming from the amp which defeats the volume swell. When I have the pedal in the nova system, even in it's on/off state, when I bring the pedal down, the sounds still flow out of the amp, even though I've killed it in the nova. So how is your pedal hooked up? And does the sound keep going through the amp when you sweep the pedal down? Walk me through this if you can.
      • March 9, 2010
    • vineshaw
      Xite Just hooked up my Ernie Ball Volume Pedal to my Nova System. After a struggle it works fine, here is the trick.

By the way it is a EB VP JR 25K but I guess the principle works the same for all EB pedals. The problem is the logarithmic scale of the potmeter here is how to overcome this problem:

- Connect the volume out of the EB wit a mono jack-jack to the pedal in of the NS.

- Set the NS to work with the volume pedal (RTFM or search the Youtube video on this subject)

- When calibrating the VP

- SET MIN on 0 (VP at bottom)

- SET MAX on 25 of the maximum value of 52 when VP at top (THIS MEANS THAT YOU DO NOT PRESS THE VP TO THE TOP but you' leave about 1cm of space left until the VP touches the top!

- Map Min: 80%

- Map Mid: 100%

- Map Max: 100%

Done

With Map Min on 80% you can not mute the sound completely but this is how i like it. If you want a larger range just lower the Map Min value.

Hope this helps...
      • December 6, 2012
  • fender12345
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-06
    Its weird. I know it's not the cables fault because I use the same cable (disconnecting the nova) and directly into my guitar and picks up no radio...

I swear its just my nova system. anyone know what's wrong??
    0 3,266
    • fender12345
      Laird_Williams

[email protected] wrote:

Its weird. I know it's not the cables fault because I use the same cable (disconnecting the nova) and directly into my guitar and picks up no radio...

You likely have a ground loop between the amp and Nova which results in your cable shield acting like an antenna, which then induces noise in the signal wire.

Congratulations, you are one of the zillions of folks who have discovered the "wonders" of RF interference.

How are you connect the Nova System? Is it in your FX loop, or in front of your amp?

I can give you a prescription - but I need to know the answer to this question first, so I can be specific?
      • March 6, 2010
    • fender12345
      fender12345

Laird_Williams wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You likely have a ground loop between the amp and Nova which results in your cable shield acting like an antenna, which then induces noise in the signal wire.

Congratulations, you are one of the zillions of folks who have discovered the "wonders" of RF interference.

How are you connect the Nova System? Is it in your FX loop, or in front of your amp?

I can give you a prescription - but I need to know the answer to this question first, so I can be specific?

Thank you very much for the congratulations haha =P

And for your response of course!

My setup right now is Nova in front of the Amp attached by 1 cable. That's it! And the drive input goes to my guitar. Is a simple setup

But in the later future I will run it in the fx loops as well. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks Laird!
      • March 6, 2010
    • fender12345
      fender12345 Now... here's a video on it. Please helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt8xzsxsyok

I plan to run it into my Line 6's FX Loop when I get it back from repair. Hopefully it'll be better with the FX loop...
      • March 7, 2010
    • fender12345
      iloveespguitars UPDATE: I posted a "possbile" solution here. I don't get the radio annoyance anymore!

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?pid=42554#p42554
      • April 16, 2010
    • fender12345
      AndreyMaks

It all depends on the quality of your equipment. If your equipment is new, but not high quality, there will always be problems. I also recently broke poor radio. But now I know where and how to choose such a product. Because I found the best under cabinet radios.

• February 26, 2019
  • CulBoji
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-03-05
    Hello, I have my G System for 2 years now and no problems. Today while cleaning my rig I noticed that the #4 patch pedal switch on my G System is loose, it still works but it wiggles in place. The metal part and the plastic part around it aren`t tightly fixed to the metal board as the other switches.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I tried to rotate it to try to screw it in but it doesn`t work that way...

It says on the warranty 1 year, so I guess I`ll have to fix this myself, anyone else had this problem or knows how the switches are fixed on the board?

Thank you.
    read more...
    0 4,378
    • CulBoji
      Al_W When I first got my g I had it sitting on edge ad let i fall dow which kocked one of the buttons off. I foud the parts which icluded a c shaped wire clip that held the button on I sapped it on the button ad the sapped the button onto the G. I thik that the button would just come off if that c clip wasnt there though if I remember correctly. I dont know if that helps but I hope so good luck.

Al
      • March 5, 2010
    • CulBoji
      CulBoji Ok, I have opened the pedalboard today and fixed it myself. (you need some torx screwdrivers to open it) The pedals are fixed to the board with a big nut, so I just needed to tighten it.

Two years and this was my only problem with the unit, it`s a great piece of gear just need to upgrade to vers 4 now...
      • March 6, 2010
    • CulBoji
      cvor hey -- do you know what size torx screwdriver?
      • July 11, 2010
    • CulBoji
      krubel54 So to tighten a loose button on the G-System you need to open it yourself? Doesn't that void the warranty?
      • February 11, 2012
    • CulBoji
      bucketbot Probably ....yes. :/
      • February 11, 2012
  • guitarded
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-02-25
    does anyone know a way to keep the G-Major from resetting the amp switch when loading a new preset...
    As in... I have the G-mojor set via a CC to switch channels on my preamp... when I am on the clean channel and recall a new preset on the G... it always switches to the dirty channel on the preamp...
    I want it to remain on what ever channel it is set on... I am sure this must be doable
    If anyone knows I would really appriciate it...
    read more...
    0 7,681
    • guitarded
      guitarded in the spirit of sharing usable information...

I emailed TC about this issue... They say that basically it can't be done. Here is their reply in full

TC Electronic wrote:

Hi Kevin

Although you can access to the relays with MIDI CC, you have to specify in each preset what status they should have. So, for each of your user preset press LEVELS ALL and set the Relay 1 and Relay 2 parameter to the right value (open or closed)

Unfortunately there is no way to ignore these parameters at preset change

regards

even tho this is disappointing i still gotta say...

TC has great tech support!!
      • March 1, 2010
    • guitarded
      crguti glad to know you found your answer.
      • March 2, 2010
    • guitarded
      fsanchez i use GM to switch channels as well. i dont have your problem. each preset you create must have a command for switching relay. my switching jack on my 5150 is a trs, therefore i must use trs cable to run it. i had to figure out if it was tip or ring that controls channel switching.
      • December 25, 2011
    • guitarded
      Thewalkindude I've got a 3 channel Mesa Dual Rectifier - I'm getting the RJM Mini Amp Gizmo for the channel switching function. It still all happens with the pressing of a single footswitch, but the G Major gets a signal and the Mini Amp Gizmo gets a signal - the G Major does the preset effects, and the Mini Amp Gizmo recognizes that when (for example) preset 1 is engaged, the amp should be on (for example) channel 2. It's more dollars unfortunately, but isn't life all about spending money on your guitar rig?
      • April 6, 2012
Go to page