Statistics

253,624 members
131,197 posts
  • Kevin515084
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-02-24
    I connected with the recommended way to do so in the manual with the 4 cable method through my krank revolutions effects loop, but my distortion channel sounds almost like i blew a tube or something, its really lacking body and tone. all i have running is an overdrive pedal through loop one in the g system, and nothing else, just straight to the g system. any help anyone could give me would be great!!
    thankyou.
    read more...
    0 4,299
    • Kevin515084
      Laird_Williams Edit > [Loops] > Enter > [Insert] = ON > Edit

Edit > Menu > [Utility] > Enter> [Insert Lock] = On > Edit > Edit

You might want to take a pass through the document found here too:

http://www.guitaraffair.com/g-system-support.php
      • February 24, 2010
    • Kevin515084
      Kevin515084 thanks for your reply, i hear you are the guy to go to on here haha, i have another question for you, i am using regular 1/4 inch instrument cables to connect to my effects loop, could this be causing any problems? do i need a more specific cable? i have my insert loop on, i am able to switch channels and stuff, it just sounds like my distortion is lacking something.
      • February 24, 2010
    • Kevin515084
      Omn Go through "the White Paper" Laird is reffering to at guitaraffair.

TRS-cables between G-System and amp. My guess is that this has more to do with noise than what you are experiencing, so you may need to "fine-tune" all levels and make sure that the Insert Loop is locked ON as Laird wrote.

Use the White Paper - and clean up

• February 24, 2010
    • Kevin515084
      Kevin515084 thank you for your reply!
      • February 24, 2010
    • Kevin515084
      elvis +1

Even small changes (1dB) in signal level will drastically change your tone and dynamics. Follow Laird's paper very carefully.
      • February 25, 2010
  • henrik
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-02-19
  • henrik
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-02-19
    Due to the volume of emails and phone calls that our support team handle on a daily basis, they do not have the time to closely follow this forum.

The product managers do drop in on a regular basis to read the posts, answer specific questions and moderate the forum, but they can not answer every single question here.

This forum is for TC Electronic users to share information. If you require an answer from TC to a specific question, please contact TC support, rather than starting a thread and waiting for an answer here.

Support portal
    read more...
    0 8,210
  • peterhfi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-02-19
    Hi TC User Support,
    normally I use an EQ only to solve acoustic problems in a room.
    I own a chart that shows the frequencies of the single notes on the bass fretboard, so I can identify a frequency that causes acoustic problems very easily.
    Now I would like to know what frequencies the single "dots" of the 4 EQ bands represent? Is it linear so I could divide the range between the center frequency and the lowest/highest frequency by the number of LEDs or is it somehow different?
    If there is a table showing the frequencies this would be very helpful because then I could influence problematic frequencies in a room very quickly.
    Thank you in advance and best regards
    Peter
    read more...
    0 6,422
    • peterhfi
      BASSically NO support for this question either.

What is going on over at TC E ?

BASSiacally
      • July 25, 2010
    • peterhfi
      Revolver323 The RH450 manual list the range of the four tone controls as follows:

Center Freq: 280Hz (range: 71-1120Hz,

Gain: +15/-24dB)

Center Freq: 400Hz (range: 100-1600Hz,

Center Freq: 800Hz (range: 200-3150Hz,

Center Freq: 1600Hz (range: 400-6300Hz,

Gain: +12/-24dB)

Of course I have no idea if you can divide the frequencies by the number of dots on the display, but that might be a starting point. Why not try it with you other chart and see if it works.

As for TC support, have you called or e-mailed them directly?
      • July 25, 2010
    • peterhfi
      peterhfi

Revolver323 wrote:

Of course I have no idea if you can divide the frequencies by the number of dots on the display, but that might be a starting point. Why not try it with you other chart and see if it works.

As for TC support, have you called or e-mailed them directly?

Yes, they told me they have no chart or map of the the dot related frequencies and that the EQ bands are not linear. They recommended to do it by ear.

Best regards,

Peter
      • July 28, 2010
    • peterhfi
      peterhfi Correction:

I have just read in the big RH450 thread (Part IV) on talkbass.com, that a frequency chart created by an TB member is correct. Uffe vom TC confirmed this.

Best regards,

Peter
      • July 28, 2010
    • peterhfi
      Revolver323 The TB chart looks like what you need. Good luck!
      • July 29, 2010
  • volfgang
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-02-18
    I recently bought a G Major 2 rack, it has great effects and is fairly easy easy to use...But I think Ive wasted money buying it because,

1. I cant find any positive information on what midi pedal boards to buy. And the ones that sound remotely compatible are almost half the price of the GMajor rack itself.

2. I was better off buying the G-System as it already has a pedal board and rack built into 1 unit.

So after paying $700(AU) for the rack , I now have to shell out more cash for a pedal board and rack case, both of these are not cheap at all. A 2 unit rack $150 and half decent midi board $300 minimum= Total=$1150(AU)

Oh well its my fault for not doing more research.

Soo... anyone interested in a Gmajor2 rack, HA!
    read more...
    0 27,452
    • volfgang
      kebabeater Not trying to be funny but how did you anticipate changing presets if you didn't have a midi board?
      • February 18, 2010
    • volfgang
      LegGodt You may have wasted your money based on your needs, but other people, such as myself, need more MIDI functionality and the ability to tweak effects more than the G-System currently offers.

For me, I needed a foot controler that can control multiple MIDI devices without having to MIDI map and the ability to send multiple continuous controller changes during preset changes. Unfortunately the G-System does not offer those features and from TC Electronic's stand point the G-System is not meant to be a fully functioning MIDI controller like the Ground Control or All Access.

Currently I have a Rocktron All Access, TC G-Force, and Rocktron Patchmate. It offers me all the same featuers the G-System would plus more MIDI functionality and the ability for more customization in both effect routing and parameter tweaking.

Good luck selling it if you decide too and getting a new system set up for your needs.
      • February 18, 2010
    • volfgang
      Dorian No matter what rackmount setup you use, your going to need a midi controller! The advantage of the GM2 is that it can control your amp's channels using midi via CC's/ring/sleeve even though most amps are not made for midi. That was a huge selling feature for me.
      • February 19, 2010
    • volfgang
      volfgang

kebabeater wrote:

Not trying to be funny but how did you anticipate changing presets if you didn't have a midi board?

I knew I had to get a pedal board of some sort, but I didn't realize at the time the cheapest out there was the Behringer FCB1010 at $300(AU) and even that doesn't get good reviews, in fact most people bag it.

I'm just looking for something simple with at east 1 expression pedal
      • February 19, 2010
    • volfgang
      volfgang

LegGodt wrote:

You may have wasted your money based on your needs, but other people, such as myself, need more MIDI functionality and the ability to tweak effects more than the G-System currently offers.

For me, I needed a foot controler that can control multiple MIDI devices without having to MIDI map and the ability to send multiple continuous controller changes during preset changes. Unfortunately the G-System does not offer those features and from TC Electronic's stand point the G-System is not meant to be a fully functioning MIDI controller like the Ground Control or All Access.

Currently I have a Rocktron All Access, TC G-Force, and Rocktron Patchmate. It offers me all the same featuers the G-System would plus more MIDI functionality and the ability for more customization in both effect routing and parameter tweaking.

Good luck selling it if you decide too and getting a new system set up for your needs.

Yea I'm quite new to racks, I think I should have just stuck to pedals. I liked the idea of a rack having so many effects in one unit, but on the other hand it can take some time to learn how to really use it.
      • February 19, 2010
  • ilx
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-02-18
    hi guys/gals! can anyone tell me what the frequency response of the rh450 is? is it 20hz-20khz??
    0 2,099
  • ParadoxUncreate
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-02-18
    It is indeed working, but no mixer yet. But I rebooted to windows, and tweaked some mixerpresets there, and it works well.
    I also assigned the assignable controller to the volume, and is listening hopefully with less analog components on out 3-4. A onebit stream, which outputs to 24bits sounds the same, at various levels, it's just the noisefloor you have to consider, which is probably better than the analog components anyway. Overall a nice product, Tc might skip the analog volume, for my part.

Peace Be With You.

PS: If you miss the limiter, check this one out: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pxu/
    read more...
    0 34,524
    • ParadoxUncreate
      estudiomovelrec Hello Paradox,

Im fighting with it such a long time...

I have a konnekt 24 D and would love to record my projects on linux.

So, i've installed Ubuntu9.10 and ffado-trunk. But what about the JACK ? Have you experienced any problems ?

Hope u can help me,

Peace, love and music.
      • February 18, 2010
    • ParadoxUncreate
      nameless1

Paradox Uncreated wrote:

Overall a nice product, Tc might skip the analog volume, for my part.

/pxu/

The analog volume was one of key reasons for choosing my Konnekt
      • February 18, 2010
    • ParadoxUncreate
      ParadoxUncreate I just reinstalled Ubuntu Karmic 9.10, 32bit edition, so I can take you through all the steps I did, with the fresh install.

1. I personalised my desktop, by going into System/Settings/Appearances(?) (I'm not sure how it translates, I have the norwegian desktop here.)

I chose NewWave theme, and the desert picture as background. You may ofcourse choose something else.

2. I added four, instead of two workspaces, by rightclicking the workspaces, and "user selection" (?). I also added Systemmonitor, in the upper bar, and changed it to display, ram, hd, cpu, net.

3. I opened a terminal, and did "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nvidia-vdpau/ppa" to add nvidia, to my repositories of updates.

4. I downloaded updates. I rebooted. I went to the update mananger, and installed som nvidia updates. I checked nvidias own site, and the current non-beta version, which is 190.53. I went to Synaptic, and installed nvidia-glx-190. I rebooted. I activated the driver in "hardware drivers". I rebooted. Unfortunately it seems to be a bit of rebooting, with the nvidia drivers. Notice the fans of the nvidia card, spinning down on reboot. Very nice. The nvidia fans are so powerful, they're chilling down the whole livingroom here, while they are going. This is the G-something 250 model.

5. Ofcourse you can just skip to these steps, which deals with audio onwards.

- Then I opened up a terminal. And did the following commands.

cd /home/uwaysi ## (Exchange Uwaysi for your username.)

mkdir Sourcecode

cd Sourcecode

sudo apt-get build-dep libffado ## from http://subversion.ffado.org/wiki/Dependencies/Ubuntu

sudo apt-get install build-essential libavc1394-dev python-qt4-dev subversion libtool

svn checkout http://subversion.ffado.org/ffado/trunk ffado-svn ## from http://subversion.ffado.org/wiki/DownloadFfadoSource

cd ffado-svn

cd libffado

scons PREFIX=/usr DEBUG=False BUILD_TESTS=False ENABLE_OPTIMIZATIONS=True ENABLE_FIREWORKS=False ENABLE_MOTU=False ENABLE_DICE=True ## from http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=4236 Peace!

sudo scons install

cd ..

cd ..

svn co http://subversion.jackaudio.org/jack/trunk/jack jack

cd jack

./autogen.sh

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-default-tmpdir=/dev/shm

make

sudo make install

6. Then comes some step who require root control. "Sudo gnome-terminal", brings up a root terminal. PS: Dont use this for quick fixes, as it may ruin the ubuntu ways of doing things. Therefore we set up the user correctly.

echo 'KERNEL=="raw1394", GROUP="audio"' > /etc/udev/rules.d/raw1394.rules

udevadm control --reload-rules

rmmod raw1394

modprobe raw1394

7.Open up System/Administration/Users. Unlock it. Add yourself to audio.

gedit /etc/security/limits.conf

8. Copy and paste the following at the end of this file.

# grant real-time privileges to members of group "audio"

@audio - rtprio 99

@audio - memlock unlimited

@audio - nice -10

9. Save. Log out, and back in.

I open up ffado-mixer, from Programs, Sound & Video. It seems to be working, reporting samplerate 48k, but the konnekt needed to be turned on before opening it, otherwise it would get stuck.

Hopefully jack will work aswell..

Open up console:

jackd -R -d firewire -n 4 -p 128

"Error (dice_eap.cpp)[ 112] init: Device does not support EAP" I think we can ignore this one.

It is time to check a jack-compliant application.

I have Renoise here, you may use your app.

I install Renoise 2.5rc1.

And Renoise is working with Jack, hurraayy!

This is all very well documented on the FFADO site.

You may also want to download http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/

Install flash plugin also, if the browser asks.

Extract to the Sourcecode directory.

open console, cd to qjackctl-0.3.5

sudo apt-get install qt4-dev-tools

./configure --prefix=/usr

make

sudo make install

Now you can type qjackctl for some nice gui control of Jack, or go to programs/audio & video/qjackctl.

Here you can set rate (44.1k for me), and buffers, and driver to firewire. Frames 128 and periods 4, is a nice setting. And timeout can be set to 5000.

10. Getting output to jack, through pulseaudio.

AFAIK, there is not package for this yet, in the ubuntu repository, so I didn't bother, but it will be in Lucid, from what I have heard. So in a couple of months time, we can do system wide eq, and similar things, with jack.

11. I also did some further tweaks, like setting the nivida settings, to sync to vblank, Images settings high quality, antialiasing 8x, anisotropic filtering 2x, Digital Vibrance, 225.3. And saved these settings.

I also calibrated my monitor, according to a screenshot of Nvidias calibration pattern, from windows. You may want to adjust the digital vibrance, after doing this though. I also adjusted nautilus, (nautilus, from console), usersettings to show listview, and hidden files. Also set System/Settings/Appearances Visual effects, to extra.

And there you have it, The Linux Workstation, ready to baroque.

12. The perfectionist will want to compile his own kernel, with settings for multimedia, and probably turn off the swap file. www.kernelnewbies.org is a good place to start, for that. If your kernel isn't showing up when booting, try "sudo update-grub". There is also various patches, for low jitter performance, from various people, most known, is the realtime preemption patch from Ingo Molnar, and "BFS" scheduler, from Con Kolivas.

There may be information elsewhere, for further tuning aswell.

13. Installing my LADSPA plugins - Download from sourceforge.com/projcets/pxu, read the info contained in the archive.

Peace Be With You!

Uwaysi.
      • February 28, 2010
    • ParadoxUncreate
      ParadoxUncreate There is another kernel patch aswell, deadline scheduler.

But really, if you only need 10ms latency, you can compile the kernel with max performance, (set to server and timer 100). Works well here atleast.

The other patches are for below 10ms latency. I saw someone who was running 8 sample buffer somewhere, by prioritizing irq's and with an RT patched kernel.
      • March 1, 2010
    • ParadoxUncreate
      ParadoxUncreate I decided to play some games though. Originally I thought I'd make this a music only machine, but I tried Quake Live, and it wasn't smooth in fullscreen, so I tweaked some more.

I recompiled a kernel with low-latency desktop setting, and a 300 timer.

This makes very low latency settings available aswell. I tested it with 1ms latency, and it worked well, apparently. However I think too low latency settings actually makes playing (keyboard) a bit stressful, so I'm staying at 4x128, or 11.6 ms latency. Alteast on headset. My genelecs feel better to play on with 12x16 buffers. (ca 5ms latency).

And some additional developer steps:

14. Enable linenumbering, and automatic tabs in gedit. Also turn off wordwrapping. Set it up in workspace 3 with nautilus on the left, and a console below.

(Makes a nice programming environment.)

15. Firefox in workspace 2 with social networking URLS..

16 Musicsoftware in workspace 4..

17 General workspace, in workspace 1.

This is so nice.

Peace Be With You.
      • March 2, 2010
  • AustLakland
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-02-12
    G'day,

Apart from the different look and the integrated tuner what are the differences between the two amps? Do they sound the same?
    Thanks
    0 5,044
    • AustLakland
      yogurtboy another difference (and it's a big one) is that the RH450 has memory settings; you can assign 3 different sounds to memory 'banks' and recall them instantly by pressing the assigned button (or by stepping on the optional footswitch)

The Classic 450 does not have this memory feature
      • June 22, 2010
    • AustLakland
      killerbob - and parametric EQ
      • July 13, 2010
  • br
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-02-02
    I recently purchased in Toronto 2 rs112 speaker cabinets and a classic 450 amp.
    This combination gives me the sound, portability and flexibility that I was after.

My one concern is - why is the handle installed such that the cabinet nose dives
    when carried.
    It seems that if the handle was reversed that cab would balance better.

In the video on the TC web site the handle appears to be reversed such that the
    cab would balance when being carried. Also I do not have the 1/4" inputs mentioned
    in the video. So the cab has changed but why change the handle?
    read more...
    0 6,023
    • br
      br After doing a short experiment where I did an A/B comparison of two rs112 cabs, one with the handle reversed, I came to the conclusion that the cab with the handle situated such that the cab nose dives sounds better. My test was not done with the rigors of scientific exactness of environment or measurement so maybe someone else's conclusion would differ.

Since the nose dive is only a few inches and could be considered negligible it makes even more sense to have the handle in the better (to me) sounding position.
      • February 4, 2010
    • br
      BASSically br

Very good questions and one I would have thought would be answered by TC by now.

SO How about an answer TC ELECTRONIC.. Is a legitimate question as I see it.

Regards

BASSically
      • July 25, 2010
    • br
      yogurtboy I, too, own the RS112. I'm not terribly concerned about the nose dip issue, but I've got another gripe, when it comes to its handle design...

The handle runs parallel to the face of the cab... WHY? The wrist would be in a MUCH more natural position if the handle ran *perpendicular* to the cab face.

A question for "br"...

br wrote:

I recently purchased in Toronto 2 rs112 speaker cabinets

How do you like to TWO 112s? I'm tempted to get a second one
      • January 29, 2011
  • Ogrady
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-01-29
    Right to the source of what's happening for those who loose internal sync when connected to a computer using your Firewire cable. This insidiously irritating flaw starts with 1 second long drop outs as early as 5 minutes after first powering up the device, (sometimes takes an hour or so to develop at other times) and continues in ever increasing frequency until the 24D totally mutes. No solution I have found except to turn the unit off and let it sit and then power it up again.

Sound familiar? The problem is HEAT... specifically an overheated 'Wavefront' chip.

This is how I arrived at this conclusion.

First of all I've let this unit run for 24 hours straight, (twice) in stand alone mode powered by the AC adapter, signal in from a SPDIF cord and listened to music from the audio outputs on channels 3&4 with zero drop outs, not even one that I’m aware of.

With the unit warm after 24 hours running I connect the firewire cord and a laptop or desktop and sync is immediately lost and unrecoverable showing "No Reference" from the TC Near Control Panel, (yes, SPDIF cord disconnected).

Unplug the firewire cord and reconnect the SPDIF cord in stand alone mode and sync is back in seconds and sound now appears at the outputs and will continue to do so for another 24 hours, (as I found out).

I have played with my 24D reading up here and there on the net for possible solutions trying different computers, cables etc., everything always results in the same outcome, loss of internal sync with a firewire cable connected to a computer after a short period of time with total muting the final outcome, always.

Tonight I took the 24D apart and then powered it up with the firewire cable connected to my computer and listened to music until it started to drop out. I then gently used “Dust Off� , (compressed gas in a can) to cool the Wavefront chip and the drop outs immediately stopped.

I let the chip reheat to the point of almost loosing sync totally, turned the unit over and again gently blew canned air on this chip again. Internal lock comes back immediately with no loss of sync as long as I keep this chip cool. The amount of heat developed is minimal, I am able to place my thumb on this chip and my thumb will drain away the heat being developed within the chip to the extend that the 30 minutes or so I kept my thumb on this chip, no drop outs occurred.

I’m going to buy a heat sink and attach it to this Wavefront chip, I expect this irritating problem that has dogged this great unit will be a thing of the past.

Note:
    When the Aluminum body is removed there is another stamped steel cover that seals in the unit from the bottom as well. To keep the heat that is generated in when I’m testing various components to see how warm they get I turned the unit right side up and set it down on carpet to keep this minimal heat in. Upside down with the internals exposed the unit seems fine for the 20 minutes or so of my patience with no drop outs occurring, turning the unit over right side up and about 5 minutes later drop outs start.
    read more...
    0 16,695
    • Ogrady
      nameless1 Cool! Or perhaps hot...

I'd put a heatsink inside, if I wouldn't lose my warranty
      • January 29, 2010
    • Ogrady
      Ogrady Update...

Last night I, (for the first time) got to enjoy my 24D for a sum total of 6 hours connected to my laptop by firewire. Not a single loss of sync flag occurred and I pushed it too, I played music via streaming audio over my laptops wireless network connection.

Yes, a heat sink is already ordered from eBay, the interim answer was to leave the unit open and upside down exposing the internals to convection cooling air.

"A happy camper"
      • January 30, 2010
    • Ogrady
      rune @Ogrady, what you have is simply a faulty Konnekt 24D. I would recommend having the unit repaired at our service center as opposed to inserting any type of heatsink. Having the unit serviced will resolve the issue.
      • January 31, 2010
    • Ogrady
      bjur Rune, I am having a similar symptom with my Konnect 24D -- should I contact the service center? Is this a warranty item?
      • February 4, 2010
    • Ogrady
      nameless1 I want to know too.
      • February 5, 2010
Go to page