Statistics

259,719 members
138,127 posts
  • magor34
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-05

Hi!

Im in the process of buying a professional microphone and I wish to continue using my expensive DAC and AMP that I already use. So my question is, can you still use the faders to control the audio of your computer and all the effects while routing the output of the GoXLR to another device? Using it as an input interface and control surface?

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 99
    • magor34
      NicJonesMT

Hi @magor34 
      Yes it is possible. 
      You would need to Connect the Line out/In from your GoXLR to your DAC and you can then use it. 

• May 11, 2020
  • MBSinner
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-04

I'm trying to find a longer power/usb cable for the mini, the way I want to have it setup is on the oposite side of the desk from my pc and the cable is way too short. 

0 136
    • MBSinner
      NicJonesMT

Hi @MBSinner 
      What I would recommend is looking on Amazon or other stores for a longer USB 2.0 Type B cable and the GoXLR should work fine. 

We have loads of cables in the care office (2.0 cables) all of different lengths and never had any issues connecting to the GoXLR. 

• May 5, 2020
  • akenna22
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-03

Hello,

i just brought my Goxlr and the fader  will not light up;so i brought another one and it is the same problem .please  help 

0 82
    • akenna22
      NicJonesMT

hi @akenna22 
      Can you please open a tech support ticket if you havent done so already (Hit support at the top) and then we can go through some trouble shooting steps and advise you further .

• May 3, 2020
  • Olddrunkengamer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-03

so iv had my goxlr a week now and love it but I updated it today and all of a sudden I lost power and now can't get it to respond at all any help would be grateful before I send it back 

0 132
    • Olddrunkengamer
      cynbal

Im having the same issue. My lights wont turn on, nor will it find it in the app

• May 3, 2020
    • Olddrunkengamer
      NicJonesMT

Hi @Olddrunkengamer  @cynbal 
      Could you please submit a technical support ticket (Hit support at the top) and we can then advise you further .

• May 3, 2020
  • CarsonNotFound
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-02

Hello,

So I purchased a new GoXLR from Long and McQuade (I have the receipt) and it should be here in a week or two. However, since it's an item they no longer carry, they informed me that it's a final sale item that cannot be returned. I figured thats not really a big deal since I'm sure the product would come with a warranty, and it does but I notcied some wording on TC Helicon's customer care page that worried/confused me a bit..

This Limited Warranty applies only if you purchased the product from a Music Tribe Authorized Reseller and is valid only in the original country of purchase.

Firstly.. I'd just like to know if Long and McQuade is a "Music Tribe Authorized Reseller". My assumption would be yes since they're a large music store in Canada but I'd like to confirm.

Secondly, what does it mean by "is valid only in the original country of purchase."?

Bascially, I'm just worried that if my productve arrives defective or if anything goes wrong that I won't be completely out of luck since I can't return it to Long and McQuade. 

Thanks guys.

read more...
    0 139
    • CarsonNotFound
      DavidKnighton

Hello @CarsonNotFound ,

David Knighton here with Music Tribe support.  I do believe Long and McQuade are authorized through the Canadian distributor, as I have had dealings with them in the past.  As for the country of original puchase, this means that if you bought the item in Canada, your warranty is upheld in Canada.  The distributor in Canada would be responsible for upholding the item warranty.  There are a few reasons why this is important IMO, but for the most parts, it is to protect the rights of the distributor and the customer.  For example; If you purchase something from UK and have it shipped to Canada, and that item now requires a repair, the Canadian distributor would end up incurring the expense for the repair,  including labor, parts, and return shipping.  Doesn't sound fair that the distributor has to incur a loss right?  So, effectively, the distributor has no financial interest in servicing an item that they did not make an initial profit on.  This would force you to ship the item back to the UK for service, which would cost you added expenses in shipping, plus duties and import fees.  This also helps to maintain sales exclusivity for the distributor for the country of Canada, so that other distributors do not tread on someone else's territory.  Other reasons include power supplies that are region specific.  Let's say you purchase an item that is rated for 230V from from a UK distributor, or it comes with an EU plug instead of UL.  How are you going to power the device now?  This is why buying regionally is important, not just for Music Tribe, but for many other brands as well, like Samsung, Apple, LG, Harmon, etc.  I hope this gives you an understanding of why these guidelines are in place.

Does this reponse answer your question?  If so, give kudos and mark the reponse as a solution so that other community members may rely on this information.

• May 4, 2020
  • krishawkins
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-02

So this is whats going on i have a GOXLR and with a dual PC setup streaming and gaming, and yestersday i got on there to stream and my strea couldnt hear the web broswer audio, nor the game audio, i really do need someone to help me setup this GO xlr THE RIGHT WAY and guide me through on how to both streaming pc with ps4 and gaming pc profile where my chat can hear me, the game audio i can hear in headphones and also stream can hear and the music i am playing on stream and in my headhphones. Please can someone help me!

read more...
    0 71
  • paulknakk
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-01

I use all Logitech gaming gear and I've got a wireless mouse sitting on the Power Play (charging) mouse pad.  The closer my mouse gets to the power block (attached to the mouse pad) the more interference I get in my headphones.  This only started happening when using the Go XLR.  Previously I've had my audio routed through my UA Apollo x8p and never had issues.  Just ordered a ground loop noise isolator (1/8") from Amazon in hopes of that removing the issue.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 360
  • barrett
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-30

So I'm fairly new to all this but I just bought the audio technica at2035 microphone so i can use my mixer. I have it plugged into the computer via USB and the mix is picking up the audio from my mic. I am having a hard time getting the audio to my pc. thank you 

read more...
    0 76
    • barrett
      RexBeckett

@barrett 

Hello Barrett, welcome to the community.

Check that the red 2-TR/USB To Main button is not pressed as this mutes the USB recording feed to avoid feedback. See these notes for other troubleshooting.

• April 30, 2020
  • Machete
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-29

so i just hooked up my mini.

mic works great.

set audio to faders correct.

howwever i cant seem to figure out why i have no game  audio going to my stream,nop music to stream/ no audio from discord ( friends chat) going to stream and no game/discord chat/ going to recordings. all i hear is the mic. ive litterally tried everything. windows settings/ obs settings/goxrmini app settings.. 

the only way i can get audio to stream and recordings is if i change the  desktop audio devices in obs audio tab back to defaut.. that only fixes game audio. every video i watch tells me that box should be disabled. so im stumped. if possible if someone could trouble shoot all areas of this..i must of missed something....

read more...
    0 79
  • planedrop
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-28

Hey everyone,

Been trying to figure this one out for a bit with no luck. I installed GoXLR but skipped the StreamDeck plugin installation portion because I didn't need it at the time, but now I do want that and I cannot seem to find a way to get it installed from an external source. I don't really want to reinstall the GoXLR app, but I guess if I have to I will. I feel like there should be a download page or something for the plugin so people can add it after the fact. 

Short question, does anyone know where I can get the plugin? 

read more...
    0 4,014
    • planedrop
      SteffiLewis

Found it! Go look in C:\Program Files (x86)\TC-Helicon\GOXLR then switch to Stream Deck, click the three bullet points in the top right then drag the "com.tchelicon.goxlr" file to it and the profile changer should appear in the custom section of your Stream Deck menu.

• April 29, 2020
Go to page