Statistics

254,795 members
132,526 posts
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-17
    Hi I just sold my UB2442FX-PRO (Which I loved but I am moving) and got a much smaller UB802 and I am not clear as to how to make it work correctly.

I Have my Guitar comming into Line 1 and my Computer (backing tracks) into Line 2. Is it possible with this unit to listen to the backing track while only recording my guitar to my Edirol FA-101 and then to Sonar 3.0 Producer? I dont see a seperate out and when I go out of the main it has both the guitar and backing tracks so I cannot adjust the levels after the track is laid down. Is there an easy way to do this or did I purchase the wrong unit? If so please reccomend a unit with at least 4 in's and 2 out's.

Thanks!
    read more...
    0 1,398
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Kraigy,

First off, thanks for joining the forum!

It may be possible to achieve this by panning the guitar all the way to the left and then panning the backing track all the way to the right, and then only using the main left output, so it is only putting out the guitar signal.

If you need more help, please don't hesitate to contact our Tech Support who will be happy to help.

Take care,

James.
      • July 18, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Thank you James!

Can you reccomend a small mixer with at least 4 in's and 2 out's?
      • July 19, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Kraigy!

Our X1202 may be worth a look. It's similar to the UB802 you're using now, but with four mic pre's.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/1202.aspx

best,

James.
      • July 25, 2012
  • CraigReeves
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-17
    If you are suffering from a regular CPU spike every 10-15 seconds that results in pops and clicks in your audio, you might want to try this hotfix from Microsoft...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981214

I've now seen several people report that it's fixed their dropout issues.
    read more...
    0 3,038
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-17
    is it possible to link two output-channels together for stereo-iem solutions?
    0 1,807
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser is it possible to link two output-channels for stereo-iem purposes, or how could this be managed on the new x32 console?

thanks, andy
      • July 17, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Andy!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the question. I understand that you're curious about how to perform this action prior to recieving the X32. I have forwarded your question to our Tech crew and our Live Sound product manager, and am hoping to have a response for you within the next 48 hours. Thanks again!

Best,

James.
      • July 17, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      ChristianBoche

Froschi wrote:

is it possible to link two output-channels together for stereo-iem solutions?

Yes - no problem. Select mixbus 1 (say you want link mixbus 1&2), than push the first encoder on the left side below the LCD to activate the Link function. Done!

Christian
      • July 19, 2012
  • JaredKoopman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-16
    Hi,

Has the firewire interface been tested with specific firewire devices?

I am wanting to multi-track record to my PC via the firewire port and then use that as a virtual sound check. Is there a particular firewire card I should be using in my computer?

Thanks
    Jared
    read more...
    0 1,361
    • JaredKoopman
      CraigReeves For any audio over Firewire use, it's a good idea to get a Texas Instruments based card. You'll see them recommended throughout pro audio.

If you have a laptop computer with an ExpressCard port, I highly recommend the ADS Pyro card. I've used it for a number of years with various Firewire interfaces and never had any problems.

For a desktop PC, a PCI or PCIe solution is going to be what you're after. I've used the SIIG DP Firewire PCIe card and never had any issues.

The TI chipset is pretty commonly used for aftermarket cards, but sometimes manufacturers change chipsets (for instance from TI to Ricoh) to save money. Watch out for this and be sure to look before you buy.
      • July 17, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-16
    Hi there
    What are the real advantages of having DSP controlled power amps?
    0 1,514
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Paul! Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your question. The biggest advantage as I see it would be having access to things like limiters and parametric EQs without having a lot of outboard gear, in case you wanted to zero in on feedback generating frequencies or speaker-destroying peaks.

Take care,

James.
      • July 16, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-15
    Good of you to get this forum so thanks!
    I recently bought an upgraded(?)EPROM for my BVAPro,and would like to know what the benefits are in terms of MIDI connectivity?
    I can't seem to hook up to my laptop via USB,in order to use the editor software.
    What exactly will be improved upon.will it just add more presets?
    Nice 1U.B!
    read more...
    0 1,709
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi! Welcome to the forum.

I can look into this when we all return to the office on Monday. Also, I'm sure our Tech Support team will be more than happy to assist you regarding your connectivity problems. Take care!
      • July 15, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Ok,thanks James,I'll have a look and see whati can find

Nice137647.jpg
      • July 16, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-15
    Dear Behringer

I would REALLY like to know where you are in the progress of releasing this product - how much longer should it take before it hits the shelves?

Are you still in betatesting, or are fcc approvals ready or is it as far as marketing plans or allready on the trucks loading to the world?

I am virtually holding my credit card ready to buy this

Please don't answer "Coming Soon", that is not an answer.
    read more...
    0 21,261
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Charlie! Welcome to the forum.

As of this writing, the CMD line is scheduled to ship early-mid Q4 of this year. We apologize for the delays, but we've done some upgrades to the look and feel of the product that I am sure you'll appreciate. Take care!
      • July 15, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Glad to see this update on the new forum. Can't wait for these puppies to hit the streets!

Keep up the great work, prototypes look amazing!
      • July 16, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Thanks, James!

Finally someone giving any type of ETA on the CMD's, that's great!

I don't think any of the other gearforums have this info as of yet.

If you have any images of the final product, please share
      • July 21, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      IordacheIonut Hy !

Great you now have a forum !

I think many people wait for thos suite of dj controllers , like me & K-sea...

Just waiting and waiting... they are exactly what I espect for a Dj controller and don't want something else to buy !

Please make me wait a shorter time

A filter knob will be an good upgrade in the studio 4a...
      • July 22, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      IordacheIonut

A filter knob will be an good upgrade in the studio 4a...

A push knob...
      • July 22, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-15
    I was wondering how many channels you can actually work with on the x32.
    I do not understand the benefit of so much connectivity (2 times aes 50 , so 2*48= 96channels) if you can only access 2 layers of 16 channels.

I sincerely hope i missed something ...

Looking forward to get my hands on this.
    read more...
    0 1,755
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi jåån,

Thanks for your question! I'm going to forward it to our tech team, and try to get a response within 24-48 hours.

Take care,

James.
      • July 16, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      ChristianBoche Hi jaan,

the X32 has also eight Aux inputs, these can be adressed with AES50 inputs too. In addition you could connect two or three bands at once with an 96 channel setup and save lot of time during the change over. All instruments and all monitor sends, InEars are already connceted. You just have to dail in the right mix scene and you are up and running in no time

Christian
      • July 16, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      BrendonVitiello what about assigning the AES50 to the FX returns is that possible?
      • August 21, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      PerSovik brendonvitiello wrote:

> what about assigning the AES50 to the FX returns is that possible?

Allthough the return signals are present on the DSP Patch, it doesn't look like you can assign them directly to the AES50 because they are not on the list, this might however be a small oversight that they should easily be able to rectify.

What you can do now if you don't need the P16, is to assign the returns to P16 channels and assign P16 channels to AES50.
      • August 21, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-15
    The title says it all - I've pre-ordered an X32, I live in Canada, and I'm wondering when I can expect to see it? Also, I could really use the manual to start configuring it's environment. Is there a downloadable version available yet? Last question for this post - I need to build a cabinet to house the unit and I could use the detailed physical dimensions. Is this information available anywhere?
    read more...
    0 5,216
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Hi Charlie,

Thanks for visiting our forum and asking questions.

We may not be able to answer all of your questions right now, but I am going to check tomorrow to see what information I can find. Myself or someone else will post a follow up reply by end of day Monday.

Thanks!

-Mike
      • July 15, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Charlie!

The X32 is currently shipping, what time you will receive you unit will depend on roughly when you've placed your pre-order. I would recommend contacting your dealer to see if they're expecting a shipment soon. Please keep in mind that we have received an unprecedented number of pre-orders.

We don't have the full manual up as of yet. But we will make a big announcement once it is. I will check in with our team and see if we have a timeframe for that, and hopefully have a response for with within 48 hours. If you haven't checked it out yet, we do have a QuickStart Guide at the X32 product page. It isn't as in-depth as the full manual, but still has loads of good information.

The QSG states the physical dimensions of the X32 as 35.4 x 20.8 x 7.9" / 900 x 528 x 200 mm and the weight is approx. 45 pounds.

Hope this helps!

best,

James.
      • July 16, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Hi Charlie,

There will be a number of aftermarket cases available - R & R, Road Ready, Gator, and even Behringer.

Product is on its way all over the world as we speak. The stay close to your local retailer and our CARE Department for more info.

Thanks

Jonathan
      • July 16, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      GaryPhillips Hey Jonathan -

At your suggestion I contacted Gator earlier this week, and after several iterations of emailed "blank stares" the word was that Gator will not have a case for the X32 for at least 3 months. Hopefully a more astute vendor will respond better to a great opportunity.

gp
      • July 18, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      NickDavis Thomman have cases
      • July 18, 2012
  • InactiveUser
    Contributor - Level 2
    2012-07-15
    Hi there
    I'm wondering about your new line array speakers and has any thought been given to which are the best matching power amplifiers for the various boxes?
    0 5,862
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Paul, thanks for joining the forum. I currently don't have all the specs available, but I'll check in on this, and hopefully follow up with you when I return to the office on Monday. Take care!
      • July 15, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hi Paul,

Was there any particular configuration of Line Array speakers that you were interested in? The specs suggest that the NU6000 would be an ideal choice to power two ELX215S speakers, while the NU3000 would be well suited to power a pair of ELX212S speakers. There are a lot of options with regards to whether you want the ELX42 or ELX82 speakers on top, and how many of each you want. Each configuration will have unique power needs.

Best,

James.
      • July 17, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser Hello @ Behringer,

When will the Line array be available?

Best regards, Henk
      • July 19, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      JamesBurns Hello Henk!

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the question. As of right now, the ELX series is scheduled to start shipping at the end of Summer.

best,

James.
      • July 19, 2012
    • InactiveUser
      InactiveUser

James Burns wrote:

Hello Henk!

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the question. As of right now, the ELX series is scheduled to start shipping at the end of Summer.

best,

James.

Thnx James, great to hear !

Best regards, Henk
      • July 20, 2012
Go to page