Statistics

223,355 members
97,532 posts
  • Rickym360
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-06-09

Hello all, first time posting, and failry new to the audio world. 

We have recenlty puchaced a X32 Rack for our broadcast feed and are having trouble routing the local Aux in from the X32 Producer at FOH. The Aux in is our iMac that sits at FOH to run our video for the room. 

We have connected the X32 Producer to the X32 Rack via AES - B side to B side,
    as the A side of the AES is going to 2 SD16 on the stage. 

That flow is X32 Producer  AES50 (A) out to the first SD16 into the A port.
    Out if the first SD16 out via the B port into the A port of the second SD16

We have managed to route all of the live channels to the Rack, however I can not seem to get the Aux to send over. We have tried to assign the our local Aux 6 channel ( imac) to a open channel on the board (30) but that is not coming through either.  I am sure it is somthing simple that I am missing, but after 2 weeks of looking at videos, and reading threads, I need someone with the knowledge to point me in the right direction. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Ricky M

read more...
    0 62
    • Rickym360
      GaryHiggins

@Rickym360 

Hello, you need to get aux1-6/T as an aes50 bank of 8 to your Rack so as to grab your aux in ch's on the producer. Probably better to use a "user out" bank (4.02 firmware) so as not to waste all 8 ch's esp if you just need 2. That way you can grab just the aux ch's you need. Not sure how many ch's you need input wise on the Rack so maybe that's not an issue. There is a way around it using aux remap and moving over the other banks to the left also...but the new user banks are very helpful.  You can create whatever order that works.

EDIT:

This is an example of a user out menu for the producer using aes50a in 1-30 (from your stageboxes) and then aux ch 1 and 2 on the producer for user ch 31 and 32:

x.PNG

This is an example of that user out menu being sent from aes50B to the Rack:

user out to rack.png

Then on the Rack just choose aes50b 1-32 in groups of 8 as the inputs. Producer aux ch 1 and 2 should show up on the Rack ch 31 and 32.

• June 9, 2020
  • SunriseGSD
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-08

Hi,

I've been searching YouTube and many forums for weeks but still have not resolved what is likely a simple routing issue for an expert. Let me explain what we are trying to accomplish at my small church.

We have an X32 at FOH that currently has 8 wireless Mics plugged into channels 17 through 24 of the X32. We have an S32 located at the stage getting all other inputs. We want to utilize an X32 Compact also located in the FOH area (only one person availabe to operate everything, me). The X32 Compact will be for Wireless IEM and to better fine tune, hopefully upgrade, our livestream mix. 

There are apparently numerous ways to skin this cat but I have not put it all together correctly yet. 

I would like the FOH to be the Master so gain structure remains the same as I currently have dialed in with zero feedback issues etc. We have 6 Aux inputs into the X32 FOH that I would like to remain there but also be fed through so our livestream output from the X32C has them available also. I have all of our current wired IEM busses coming out from the X32 FOH and am out of busses.  We desire to add the Wireless IEM to the X32C for vocalists (that now have nothing) since we are moving to Tracks and Clicks. 

I am humbly asking for some help walking through the prefered AES50 connection setup and guidance on correct routing. 

Thanks

John

read more...
    0 33
    • SunriseGSD
      CraigFowler

It might be doable, but need a bit more info to figure out the best way of doing it.  Just confirming this is correct;

You've got an S32 on stage.

You've currently got an X32 at FOH doing FOH + wired IEMs + livestream, and you've run out of buses.

You want to add an X32 Compact to the system to add some wireless IEM buses and take some load off the current X32.

Some questions;

How many of the S32's preamps\outputs are you using actually using for monitors\FOH?

Do all of the X32's outputs make it back to the S32 and get output on the stage, or are some output locally on the console's own XLR\TRS\Card out sockets?

Will the new wireless IEM buses replace the current wired ones, (so you essentially have 1 console for FOH and one console for monitors) or are you planning to run both the old wired IEMs and the new wireless ones (so one console for FOH+wired monitors and the other console for wireless monitors?)

If you can answer those questions we can try to figure out a solution for you.

• June 8, 2020
  • jwsandersjr
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-08

In my quest to learn the X32, I've put the latest version of X32-Edit on my MacBook. This is the 4.x version as I'm running the 4.01 firmware on the board.

I'm looking for some help with X32-Edit. Simple things like determining "sends on faders" and just changing/editing a scribble strip.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Did I miss the "help" option in the program?

read more...
    0 60
    • jwsandersjr
      Paul_Vannatto

@jwsandersjr wrote:

I'm looking for some help with X32-Edit. Simple things like determining "sends on faders" and just changing/editing a scribble strip.

Sends on Faders (SOF): On the right side you will see the bus buttons - click on one and that will put X32-Edit in SOF for that bus and the far right strip will be the master strip for that bus.

Scribble Strip Editing: Right click the desired scribble strip. At the top of the popup screen, type the name and choose the color.

Help: The best help source is right here. 

• June 8, 2020
    • jwsandersjr
      jwsandersjr

Thanks, Paul!

I had just about guessed the SOF function with the BUS buttons on the right, thanks for the confirmation.

And on Mac, command click on the scribble strip brings up the edit as well.

• June 9, 2020
  • jofigoco
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-08

Hello.

I"ve been watching a lot of youtube videos on the new features of v4.0 and I thought I had everything down. I have the X32 connected to an S32 on stage and I used all 32 inputs and also outputs 1-4 for the wedges and outputs15-16 for the mains. No issues there. With the new v4.0, I tried using the local outputs 13-14 for the rear speakers so I can "time-align" them through the Matrices. I went to user tab, outputs,  chose user 13, matrix 1 and user 14, matrix 2. It worked and everything sounded great until I tried the main fader. The fader would only work for the rear speakers and would not "control" the mains. The sound levels would not change on the mains but I can increase and decrease the levels on the rear speakers. It seems there is something that I'm forgetting to do but I can't seem to put my finger on it. I need help. Thank you.

read more...
    0 35
    • jofigoco
      Paul_Vannatto

@jofigoco wrote:

I went to user tab, outputs,  chose user 13, matrix 1 and user 14, matrix 2. It worked and everything sounded great until I tried the main fader. The fader would only work for the rear speakers and would not "control" the mains. 

The matrixes cannot be directly assigned to the User Out. They have to first be assigned on the Out 1-16, Aux Out or Ultranet screen, then individually assigned to the User Out. Therefore the taps are determined on those screens (Out 1-16, Aux Out or Ultranet). I would suggest you export your scene to a file and attach it to your next post (Choose File below).

• June 8, 2020
  • Kennyken
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-08

Musictribe,

I am the sound guy at a local church and I lost 2 channels faders on the X32 mixer without ever touching routing setup or anything of that nature. The channels work but I have no control sliders are not working.  Any help would be great.

read more...
    0 37
    • Kennyken
      GaryHiggins

@Kennyken 

Hello, hope you saved all your files before. I would suggest doing that again and then initialize the mixer. Maybe that will set all back to what it should be. I might also try to reload the old firmware and see if the faders work once again with it. It also may be worth downloading the new firmware again and extract the file and trying to load it up another time. EDIT: It would be unusual for a firmware version to cause hardware malfunction. That said I believe there is a new fader version loaded in that particular update and maybe it didn't load up correctly.

• June 7, 2020
  • jwsandersjr
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-07

This morning I ran the board by myself. (It was a little bit of a shock as I was unaware that my "teacher" wasn't going to be there today as my safety net, but hey...).

At some point during the service, I noticed that the "main meters" (Main/Solo meters to the right of the main display on the X32) stopped working. I'm fairly certain that I was seeing activity on those meters earlier during rehearsal, but they definitely stopped at some point. Nothing was impacted by this, still had sound, but it distracted me in that I was trying to find out how to get them back. I'm hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction.

Also, as a side question, does the version of X32-Edit need to "match" the version of the firmware? I think I may have a V3.x version of X32-Edit and we are running V4.02 firmware.

Thanks,

Jim Sanders

LIVESTREAM ONLY.scn
    read more...
    0 46
    • jwsandersjr
      GaryHiggins

@jwsandersjr

You do need the latest version of Edit for firmware 4.02. I don’t think it matches exact numbers, maybe version 4.01 is it?  Otherwise some features are not supported.

Edit: Just checked, It is X32-Edit version 4.01 

• June 7, 2020
  • MarkSkipper
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-06-07

Is RTA display on channels or buses an option yet on Wing? (FW 1.06 as of 6/7/20) 

Thanks!

Mark

image.jpg
    0 49
    • MarkSkipper
      GaryHiggins

@MarkSkipper 

Hi Mark, yes it's already there.

Edit: Should have said where! On a ch home or eq screen, there's a little gear type icon up top, center. Tap and set up.

• June 7, 2020
  • Bvandonkelaar00
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-06

I have an X-32 as my main console at FOH. I am using an S32 stage box at the stage. We are preparing to livestream as we go back to live services. I purchased an X-32 compact for our video room. 

I am running a pro-co Ethercon between the X-32 and the S16 AES50 (A port on both side) and I am running another Ethercon cable out of AES50 B port into the X32 compact AES50 A port. I am not getting a signal at the compact. 

I'm not sure if that is correct, or if I just have to route signal differently. Can anyone help?

read more...
    0 63
    • Bvandonkelaar00
      Paul_Vannatto

@Bvandonkelaar00 wrote:

I am not getting a signal at the compact. 

Do you have sync between both X32 consoles? Is one set to master clock (sync=Internal) and the other as slave (sync as AES50 port A or B - whatever you are using)? If so, what do you have assigned to the Routing, AES50 B screen on the main console?

• June 6, 2020
    • Bvandonkelaar00
      CraigFowler

Also, can you clarify your AES50 interconnectivity.  You mention using an S32 on stage, then you mention connecting your console to an S16, using the A socket on both.  Then you mention using the B socket to connect to the Compact.  Is that the B socket on the FOH console, or the B socket on a stagebox (and if so, an S32 or an S16?)

Also, by default the signals to be output over AES50 are those generated by the console and staged in the out1-16 and ultranet tabs, not remote preamp passthrough.  The default input routing for the Compact will be from its local preamps first too, so although your AES50 interconnectivity and clocking may be fine, the routing settings for both consoles will still need to be changed away from the default.

• June 6, 2020
  • VinnieM
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-06
    To Tech Support. I can't complete my user profile because the required telephone contact area code field does not list my area code. With an incomplete profile, I can't submit a ticket to ask for a solution to this area code problem. And I just signed up, and can't find either direct phone contact or an online help-chat to fix this problem. I don't even know where to go find the answer to this question I'm posing, assuming there's a response. And, without being able to post a ticket I can't get answers to issues I'm having setting up my new board. Please help!
    read more...
    0 20
  • OzzieO
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-06

Just bought a brand new wing from Pitbull Audio.. opened and it works fine on the board but the screen is terrible.. it keeps ghost touching.. click on one thing and it goes there then immediately goes somewhere else... touches other items on the screen by itself.. sometimes even moves fader without any remote access or anyone touching it.. i downloaded the latest firmware and also re initialized the board.. 3 times..... but it's still happening...its almost as if someone is is also using the board.. anyone experience these randomized ghost screen touches?

read more...
    0 82
    • OzzieO
      GaryHiggins

@OzzieO 

Sorry for your trouble. Yes these type of issues are known to occur on some defective screens. I would suggest you send the Wing back to the vendor and get a total replacement. 

• June 6, 2020
    • OzzieO
      OzzieO

Tnx for your response.. are you a behringer rep please?

• June 6, 2020
    • OzzieO
      Teacee90 I have the same issues screen jumps from screen to screen like a strobe light and faders moving without being touched
      • July 25, 2020
      • Ghost touches
        GaryHiggins It is a hardware issue with the touchscreen. You need to get the board replaced. Use support above and create a CARE ticket to get a replacement.
        • July 26, 2020
      • Ghost touches
        Teacee90 ok thanks will do
        • July 31, 2020
    • OzzieO
      Teacee90 I just talked to the retailer they informed me there were some units shipped with faulty boards, they are sending me out a replacement.
      • July 31, 2020
      • Ghost touches
        GaryHiggins Fantastic. Who was that btw, they seem like a place to do business with!
        • July 31, 2020
      • Ghost touches
        Teacee90 Sweetwater Music they have a 2year warranty no extra fee, and the replacement has arrived and so far so good
        • August 3, 2020
Go to page