Statistics

261,466 members
140,194 posts
  • mross
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-05

Hello 

I am Just getting ready to put a Dante Card in my MidasM32R currently some of my Inputs come from the Local IO but most of the others come from my SD16 or SD8 via the AES-50 Ports.

Now when i put the Dante Card in my console how can i get those inputs and Outputs from my SD 16 and SD8 to be on the Dante network. Ive read multiple things some say i Plug the Primary of the Dante Card to the AES 50 A Port and then run my SD16 off the B Port which just frankly doesnt make sense.
    Can Someone list the Steps on what to do so i do this right the first time 

Thanks

read more...
    0 196
    • mross
      CraigFowler

The Dante card should connect to the Dante network via Ethernet. Then go routing>card and set the outputs to AES50 A/B (basically mirror what’s on the routing>inputs tab.)

Note that you may have to set the console to click off the Dante card; Setup>Global Synchronization:ExpCard.

• June 4, 2020
    • mross
      mross

On the Card Routng Page would i select 1-16 to come from my AES50 as well as outputs? 

What Routing Changes do i need to make so the Console will let me use the SD16 as a Dante Stage Box

Thanks

• June 4, 2020
    • mross
      CraigFowler

The routing>card tab only determines signals being output by the expansion card.

The SD16s only work over AES50, not Dante. Following the above routing settings, you get signals from the stagebox’s preamps onto the Dante network, but they go via the console, and the stagebox>console leg of the journey is always AES50.

• June 4, 2020
    • mross
      GaryHiggins

@mross 

The stageboxes sync to your mixer as usual, their preamps are then inputs like any other. The Dante card ethernet cable does not connect to the aes50 ports at all just to your network/computer. You need the latest Dante controller (free) and Dante virtual soundcard (not free) on your computer. Set up your subscriptions using the Dante controller. Don't be surprised if your Dante card firmware needs updating. It looks like that's much easier these days with the latest controller version, kind of a one stop shop it appears.

Here is a video that pretty much covers it, the process is quite similar for the M32. 

• June 4, 2020
  • charleyrickard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-04

Hello all! 

My name is Charles; I just took the reigns in the audio department for a church in New Braunfels, TX that has been going for a little over 13 years now.

They wanted to broadcast their services online, so they recently upgraded to the X32-->2 S16's at FOH (cool, cool) and then bought an X32 Producer thinking, as they were led to believe on page 15 of the user manual, that it had an AES/EBU out ( @Behringer the X32 Producer user manual does state (even if incorrectly) that an AES/EBU output is available; see attached screenshot).

Their main goal is to get into the AES/EBU input of the Atem Television Studio (not the HD model). If I am correct, they have three options here:

(1.) Upgrade to the X32 Compact (could they trade in their X32 Producer @JohnDiNicola?)

(2.) Find the SRC2496 online somewhere (eeesh...haha)

(3.) Upgrade the broadcast switcher

Wondering what their options here are. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance to all.

Charles

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 12.55.14 PM.png
    read more...
    0 180
    • charleyrickard
      GaryHiggins

@charleyrickard 

Hi, maybe trade the S16's for an S32 which has aes/ebu? FYI I think John D is no longer with Music Group (sadly) at least I have seen nothing posted from him here in years. He was great imo. Also if they recently got the Producer, maybe the vendor will let them trade up.

• June 4, 2020
    • charleyrickard
      KyleJohnson

Hello @charleyrickard ,

Kyle here from Music Tribe Customer Solutions in Las Vegas, NV.

I've passed along the information regarding this error to the technical writers. 

In order to investigate and discuss what options are available to your organization, would you please submit a Care/Service inquiry at the link below?

https://www.behringer.com/brand/behringer/support#googtrans(en|en)

• June 5, 2020
  • ando
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-04

I wonder if its possible to set up a time schedule for scenes or snippets on a x32 rack. My customer wants the audio to change automatically on a specific time. Anyway to do this directly via x32 or is there any 3rd party that will work with for example midi?

// Ando

read more...
    0 67
    • ando
      RexBeckett

Hello @ando , welcome to the community.

The X32 does not have any timer functions for changing scenes/snippets. You could do it with Midi messages through the DIN Midi input or with OSC commands over the network. You would need a time-scheduled task to run a program or script on a PC. e.g. On a Windows PC, you could use the Task Scheduler to run a scipt with Midi-Ox to send Midi messages.

• June 4, 2020
  • JuliusDawson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-02

Just purchased XR18. It hasn't arrived yet, but I wanted to make sure I had all the necessary cables/connectors for things to work as smooth as possible. Our church currently uses PMP6000. We have a CD player connected to it via RCA connection. Is it possible to connect the pmp6000 to the XR18?  If not, would I connect a RCA connected device to the XR18? 

Extreme newb, but thanks for your help. 

read more...
    1 86
    • JuliusDawson
      Paul_Vannatto

@JuliusDawson wrote:

We have a CD player connected to it via RCA connection. Is it possible to connect the pmp6000 to the XR18?  If not, would I connect a RCA connected device to the XR18?  

Welcome to the forum Julius. It would be far better to connect the CD player directly to the Line 17/18 using either a couple RCA to 1/4" mono adapters or a dual RCA to 1/4" cable. Once you start using the XR18, you won't want to go back to using the PMP6000.

One thing I noticed is that the PMP6000 is a powered board, meaning that the outputs are for passive speakers. The XR18 outputs are designed to connect to an amp or powered speakers. Do you have those?

• June 2, 2020
  • LeoJMorales
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-01

Hello everyone! 

Our church recently upgraded to the Waves Impact Server for the M32. 

How do we control panning when using card 1-32 inputs? 

I am unable to change the panning on the console when using Waves Super Rack. 

I am able to change the gain using the pre-amps tab but no control of panning. 

Please help! 

read more...
    1 65
    • LeoJMorales
      GaryHiggins

@LeoJMorales 

Hello, sounds like maybe your tap points are pre everything, perhaps using "local" as the output source? I am unfamiliar with how the Waves server works but it sounds like that's what is happening, or similar.

• June 1, 2020
  • garygarris
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-06-01

Here's my challenge. I would like to use Protools to tune my singers vocals live. While I know that latency is an issue (we are using one console for FOH and monitors )I want to know how to route certain channels from the x32 (ie 17, 18 and 19) into Protools and back to the console tuned.  My plan is to leave the pretuned vocals on the console for the monitors and route the output of Protools with tuned vocals back for the house on the aux ins of the x32. I've got the outputs routed but how do I assign channel 17 to input 1 on Protools, etc? 

Thanks

read more...
    1 95
    • garygarris
      RexBeckett

@garygarris 

The USB Sends are configured on the Routing -> Card tab. By default local inputs 1-32 are routed to USB 1-32. You should be able to select the required channels in Pro Tools. You could change the routing to have specific console inputs  on different USB ends if required.

If you need help with the console routing, export the current scene and attach the .scn file to your post (see Choose File button below).

• June 1, 2020
  • Dasato
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-05-31

Is there a way to have completly seperate mixes to mains and bus?

I would like to have mains go to our live house sound and Bus1 over usb to our live stream. It seems that if I lower the volume of the main mix, it also lower the volume in the bus. Any way to completly seperate these two? Any other ideas how to set this up?

Thanks

read more...
    1 64
    • Dasato
      GaryHiggins

@Dasato 

Hello, this should work. Perhaps some more details on what is being sent on your bus and how it is being routed to usb? Are you sending a different independent mix using the bus? Is the bus set pre fader? Perhaps you could post a copy of the mixer file (snap file) for us to look at, it might be easier to sort out. 

• May 31, 2020
  • LPLuisSilva
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-30

I've updated my Beringher X32 and didn't saved my scenes, honestly didn't know... If I downgrade will it restore to my last setting? Pls let me know asap 

1 87
  • spareroomstudio
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-30

Hi folks. Having a new issue with X32.  let me explain and see if you can help out. We are using the X32 console for FOH, and the X32 rack on stage for IEM's.  We also have the S16 stage box for all instruments and mic's coming back to the main console.  The Main Console is setup on Bus 1-11 for all the IEM's.  We recently had to do some stage work and had to power everything off and move some cables around.  So even though we believe everything is plugged back in correctly there seems to be no communication for the Buses back to the X32 rack.  The B section also is not showing the box checked/green, and every so often flashes n/n (which I presume is no communications).  We ran several cables directly from the console to the x32 rack to make sure it was not a bad cable. Still no communications to the rack.  We have not changed any of the scenes on the main console (at least that we are aware of).   We are at a loss in what to do next.  Without the X32 rack, our worship team has no IEM's.  Any information on steps we can take to get the two talking to each other again would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

read more...
    0 97
    • spareroomstudio
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Chuck @spareroomstudio ,

Check the X32 Rack (Setup, config screen) to make sure that the syncronization is not on Internal. It should be set to the  AES50 port that is being used on the Rack to connect to the X32 FOH.

• May 30, 2020
  • AG137
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-29

Hello I have a Midas M32, and am having trouble with operations.

1. Main Feed to far right on the console:    We have set up 12 inputs ( 10 mics and 2 music feeds)) and 6 outputs (bussed properly) to 6 sets of speakers.   All is well with the throughput however, the MAIN slider to the far right is a problem.  It seems that it overrides the bussing of the inputs to outputs.  ie    If we turn of the sliders on all 6 output channels, the main overrides them.   Is this proper?  Also,  the main seems to be necessary to bring all 6 output channels to play sound equally.  In other words without it being up some of the outputs do not produce enough sound.  

2.Effects:  We were able to set up a vintage reverb through #13 for each mic,  but we cannot seem to make 14, 15, nor 16 produce and effected sound.

Note:  We purchased the course video, but it seems to leave out key details. If we watch which buttons are pushed on Davidn's console we can see he is adjusting things but not mentioning them. We have been through the video several times with no success.  

read more...
    0 130
    • AG137
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Denis @AG137 ,

Welcome to the forum.

For your first issue, the channel sends to the 6 bus pairs are probably post fader (to the channel faders). Change the sends taps to pre-fader, post-EQ etc. 

For your second issue, check that the FX2L to FX4R Main LR are enabled. 

If you are unsure what I'm talking about, export your scene to a file (using the Utility button on the console or Export feature in M32-Edit) and attach it to your next post (Choose file below). That way we can have a look at your setup and better advise.

• May 29, 2020
    • AG137
      AG137

Thx Paul, but unfortunately we have enuf technical expertise to understand your solution.  

For your first issue, the channel sends to the 6 bus pairs are probably post fader (to the channel faders). Change the sends taps to pre-fader, post-EQ etc. 

How is that done?  

For your second issue, check that the FX2L to FX4R Main LR are enabled.    And, this as well? 

If you are unsure what I'm talking about, export your scene to a file (using the Utility button on the console or Export feature in M32-Edit) and attach it to your next post (Choose file below). That way

• May 29, 2020
Go to page