224,445 members
98,781 posts
  • New
    lysknight
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-04-16

Hello All, thank you for reading about my question/issue

I am using:

- XLR INPUT 9 thru 16 (Basstation/Minilogue/Wavestate/Opsix/sub 37/Tr-8S/Digitakt/HydraSynt)

I recently got a Volca Drum and as I no longer have room 9 thru 16 so I put it:

- XRL INPUT 1  (1 THRU 8 inputs), I even tried ... 2,3,4,5,6 ..

The issue is that 1 - 8 is setup as "CARDS" (whatever that means - I just want sound) so that means that the CARDS in question seem to give me my PC sound and disable XLR input 1-8. It seems that I cannot have both PC sound and 1 - 8 XLR sound at the same time (I did change the "cards" to "local 1 - 8" but it is like turning on and off PC sound/Volac Drum - cannot have boith !!)

Changing from Recording to Play does the same.

The question is:

How can you possible have both the sound of your PC and sound from the XLR from using XRL 1 thru 8 ?

It is working just fine when I use XRL 9 thru 16 !!

I would be so grateful for some help.

Oliver

read more...
    0 1
    • lysknight
      RexBeckett Hi Oliver, I suggest that you route local XLR inputs 1-8 to channels 1-8 and route the PC USB Returns (Card) to channels 17-32. See screenshot from X32 Edit below.
      • 4 hours ago
    • lysknight
      lysknight Rex thank you so much but I don't have such a screen, I have an X32 compact. See picture - either card or local. Cannot do both to have my 2 sounds via 1 thru 8 inputs. I'm a humble musician not an engineer :) I bought the X32 compact because it has a lot of XRL inputs, that is all, I didn't know it would be that complex - if you know of a brand that can handle that many XLR inputs PLUS sound from the computer at the same time please let me know I will gladly sell this one on ebay.
      • 3 hours ago
  • New
    rtravers
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-14

Hi all. First time on this because I'm somewhat stumped.

I work at a school and I want to start recording kids playing music/singing. I'm using a Behringer Xenyx X2222USB mixer plugged into a PC. My problem is I have one set of speakers and they are in the same room as the microphone recording, say, vocals. When I'm recording I have to turn the speaker's power off to they don't bleed into the mic. What I want to do is to be able to turn the sound off the speakers without having to essentially unplug them. I have Main Out, Sub Out and Control Room out. Is this even possible?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 3
    • rtravers
      RexBeckett Hi rtravers, I think it would be better to connect your monitor speakers to the Control Room outputs. That way you have some other ways to mute the speakers without affecting the USB recording feed. Options include:

Turning down the Phones/Control Room level.

Selecting 2-TR/USB as the Phones/Control Room Source. It also requires that the DAW/recording software does not have monitoring enabled. This method also has the benefit of allowing you to listen to playback when the recording session is finished.

Selecting Sub 1-2 as the Phones/Control Room Source and ensuring that the Sub button is not pressed on any channel strip and also that the FX Return to Sub 1-2 button is not pressed.
      • Wed at 8:19 AM
    • rtravers
      rtravers

• Wed at 10:34 AM
  • New
    Joeseph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-12

Hi, I just updated my X32 Compact firmware and can't find updated user instructions. I use Cubase 9 and since update I no longer have access to more than 8 playback tracks. Any help greatly appreciated.

Joseph

0 7
    • Joeseph
      RexBeckett Hi Joseph, the update process sets some console parameters to default values. Check how the USB configuration is set on the Setup -> Card tab. It is also worth checking all the parameters on the first four Setup tabs in case they are not set as you want them.
      • Mon at 7:09 AM
  • New
    audiognostic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-12

I was reading a bit about this interface but I wasnt too clear on if I am able to do this or not.

I am intereseted in using the external audio inputs of my Pro 1 and K2 to use their filters to process audio from my DAW and then feed it back to my DAW and record it back on a separate audio track, which is Ableton in my case, but really its the same principle in any DAW

So for example.. audio out 1/2 from the master goes to my speakers.. could I route a track from my DAW to audio outputs 3/4.. have it come out of a separate audio cable from the interface, feed that into the audio input of my synth, and then feed the output of my synth into one of the line-in inputs, and then playback and record in real time filter movements so I can use analog filtering essentially on my tracks rather than using plugins?

Thank you. 

read more...
    0 2
    • audiognostic
      RexBeckett Hi audiognostic, yes you can use the UMC204HD in this way. Obviously there will be latency (delay) on the new track caused by the round-trip through the interface. You will need to time-shift the track in your DAW to align it with the original - unless the DAW provides latency compensation.
      • Mon at 3:19 AM
  • New
    Roarcam
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-09

Hi,

can anyone tell me if the UMC404HD is compatible with the new MacBook Air M1?

cheers!

0 4
  • New
    Cunim58
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-04-08

Hi there,

Seeking some help please.

My setup has worked perfectly up until now REAPER/Win 10 Pro/UMC4004HD, with really nice recording of both instruments and Mics.

Reaper now does not recognise any audio input. The 404HD is receiving  a signal in (sig/clip both functioning) and I can monitor my guitar through my speakers. MIDI inputs work OK in REAPER. The audio track lets me load VSTs and appears to be working correctly, but it simply doesn't see any input, and the meters are non-responsive.

Having tried all of the following:

Uninstalled and reinstalled REAPER (2 different releases)

Changed the USB cable from 404HD to PC

Tried different USB ports on the PC

I have come to the conclusion that my 404HD has gone faulty. Is there any other check I can do to confirm this? I don't have another interface available to test USB and Windows.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Tom

read more...
    0 6
    • Cunim58
      DavidKnighton Hello Cunim58,
      I've heard of this type of issue happening after a Windows 10 update. It's difficult to understand why this happens, but it's a common occurrence among Windows users. The best thing I can suggest is to uninstall the UMC audio driver completely, then restart the computer. After restarting, download the driver once fresh from the UMC page on Behringer website. Then install the fresh copy.

Alternatively, if you have a friend or family member that can help you test the unit on a different computer, that could help to rule out where the fault lies (either with your computer or with the device). Hope this helps. Please submit a SUPPORT>SERVICE REQUEST ticket at the top of the page if you find the device to be faulty.
      • Apr 8
  • New
    alexdegoede
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-08

Hello,
    Does anybody know how to use the X touch with GarageBand on a MacBook Pro from 2011??

greetings Alex

0 5
    • alexdegoede
      DavidKnighton Hello Alex,
      I'm not sure whether Garageband utilizes Mackie HUI or not. The internet does not give any suggestion to this. I know it will accept MIDI though, but how to map MIDI devices is a completely different topic altogether. At the end of the day, Garageband is just a shell to the greater Logic Pro X software. If you're planning on getting serious about recording, you'll probably find Garageband very limiting. May want to consider spending the cash on a license for Logic Pro.
      • Apr 8
  • New
    andrei23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-07

Hello Team,
    I recently bought a Behringer FCA1616 and upon power up (via 12v AC adaptor) all the front panel lights slowly blink on and off in unison (including for any buttons currently pressed down).  Did I get a defective unit?  Or is there some sort of fix you are aware of?  This seems to be a common issue, reported on several forums, but no one has posted a solution yet.  What would my best steps be?

Thanks so much in advance!

read more...
    1 13
    • andrei23
      DavidKnighton Hello andrei23,
      First, try to hold the device select button while applying power. This will change the unit between firewire and USB operation. If that doesn't resolve it, you may have a PSU problem. Double check the PSU is rated for your regional voltage (120 US or 240 EU). Beyond that, you may want to contact seller for exchange/refund.
      • Apr 8
  • cl516
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-04

Hi TC Electronic, MD4 and VSS4HD licenses purchased, but no confirmation emails whatsoever other than Paypal receipt. Support ticket has been submitted, but had to choose another product instead because no slot exists for these new native licenses. Please follow-up for me?  Thank you.

p.s. It's extremely difficult to use this musictribe site, please tell your web folks. 

read more...
    0 8
    • cl516
      Nigel67 Hi cl516, please can you check your spam / junk folder and see if the activation e-mail is in there. if not, please get back to me and I will get a code e-mailed to you. I am sorry for your inconvenience. I will reply to you on your ticket as well.
      • Apr 5
      • MD4 and VSS4HD Licenses Bought but no code
        cl516 Checked all email folders, no activation emails still. Replied and PM’ed you, please resolve thanks.
        • Apr 5
        cl516 Thank you Nigel, licenses received!
        • ·
        • Apr 5
    • cl516
      afterlight Hi there - I'm in same boat. Nothing in spam folder. Purchased VSS4 HD, PayPal went out, nothing in return.
      • Apr 5
        Nigel67 Hi afterlight, have you sent in a ticket? If so, can you tell me the ticket number? If not, can I get your e-mail address, iLok number and order number please. I can then arrange the activation. I can only apologise for the issue, I will get the team to investigate what has happened.
        • Apr 5
  • New
    Tmatomas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-04

Nothin on my ilok

Ilok name :tmatomas

email: [email protected]

Please Solve This

1 12
    • Tmatomas
      Nigel67 Hi tmatomas, I have sent you a message on your other post. Please can you check your junk / spam folder and if there is nothing in there, please get back to me. I am sorry for the inconvenience
      • Apr 5
Go to page