Statistics

259,722 members
138,130 posts
  • New
    OboShape
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-06-14

Morning,

Hope someone can shed some light on this as im not sure where to turn now and dont want to throw the towel in quite yet as its only been a couple days of having it.

I seem to have strange interference sounding noise which is pretty loud which i can hear on recordings as well as during direct monitoring.

ive made a recording of it, as its easier to hear than try and explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QqXqZ55PWo

Now im an audio and interface novice too.

checked the USB voltage was correct and getting 5V.

using the supplied C1 mic ,on 202HD Input 1 Gain set roughly at 60%

tried both inputs.

tried using another Mic, tried swapping out XLR cable.

tried testing using the direct monitor when interface isnt connected to PC and moved to another room, so just mic/headphones/interface away from any electrical device or radio signal (everyone was out and switched power off to house and powered by external battery)

Any thoughts or what else i could try, if im maybe missing something would be appreciated, since it if wasnt for that noise, it does sound really clear and soo much more responsive than my USB mics.

Regards

Darren

read more...
    0 38
    • OboShape
      Nigel67 Hi OboShape. I think that you have a faulty on your UMC202HD. The noise floor should just be a hiss, not have a crackling type sound in it. If you have only had the UMC connected to your computer, no mic cables no 48 volts switched on and can still hear the noise on the headphones, then you have a faulty unit. You mentioned you have tried different USB sources as well, so we can rule out the power source. If the unit is under 30 days old, then I would advise contacting the shop that you purchased the system from and ask for a DOA replacement. If it is over 30 days, then please contact our Technical Team via our Community. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with further advice on getting your unit repaired. many thanks
      • Jun 14
    • OboShape
      OboShape

Hi Nigel, cheers for reading and responding, much appreciated.
      i cant hear the noise with just headphones.
      but all I have in is the Mic, Headphones and the Interface (powered either by PC USB or USB battery bank).
      Ive raised a ticket as well, but got a response saying it sounded like a ground loop, but i did say that I dont have anything else that is externally powered to cause the loop so see how that goes as well.

• Jun 15
  • New
    JohnDunning
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-13

Hi,

I recently purchased a QX1222USB mixer to be used in a small church setting, which it is absolutely excellent for. The problem I've found however is that the output from the USB port, and also the phono (Red/White) outputs seem to have no volume control. But only the input signals are affected by the 2TR fader, and the main mix fader has no control over the outputs either. With the main mix faders all the way down, and the 2TR fader all the way down, I still get a full signal going into my laptop. I've tried various laptops and it's the same with all.

When I contacted the retailer, I was told that he thought it was just a line level output without any control anyway, but to check with Behringer to see if that is the case, or if there is a workaround. Yet when I read the manual, it seems to suggest that the outputs for the USB and phono should be identical to the main mix.

Does anyone have any ideas which is correct please? To be honest, I'm just not sure if I have a fault on the equipment, or if that's just how it is. Just seems a little strange that's all. Or am I being a complete idiot and missing something glaringly obvious?!

Thanks,

John

read more...
    0 55
    • JohnDunning
      Nigel67 Hi John. The 2 USB/2TR Return fader is for inputs, it has no effect on the outputs. The 2 Track Out phono jacks, the Main Out XLR outputs and the USB out should all follow the Main Mix faders. So, for example, if you are sending audio to input 1 and sending it to the main mix, when you push the main mix faders up, you are seeing the meters light up, and this signal will then be going to the 3 outputs that I mentioned above. The 2 TR fader is for the Return signal from the phono In or the USB audio return from your computer into the mixer. With the 2 Tr/USB return fader at the bottom of its travel, there should be no audio passing through it. If you return audio into the mixer from the computer on the usb, you should not see the Main Mix meters lighting until you have both the USB/2TR faders and Main Mix faders both raised from the bottom of their travel. I hope this explains the working of the 2 TR/USB fader - it is for returns externally into the mixer.
      • Jun 13
      • Recording from a Behringer QX1222USB Mixer
        JohnDunning Thanks for the reply Nigel. The way you describe it is precisely how I understood the mixer SHOULD work after reading the instructions, and from past experience with other mixers. The only thing being different is that while the main mix faders alter the volume levels being output from the XLR outputs, the phono outputs and USB output remains at full volume.

I guess it must be a fault on the mixer then. Hey ho, back to GAK I go!

Many thanks,
        John
        • Jun 15
    • JohnDunning
      Nigel67

Interesting, not sure how that can happen. Must be wiring issue. Am intrigued to know what the actual fault is on that unit.

• Jun 17
  • New
    sgruber9
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-13

Hi! I recently switched up our x32 configuration so we are sending a stereo pair of matrices out to our camera that then goes to our livestream. Before, we had a mono matrix being sent out. However, now the volume is way lower. Unfortunately, if I turn up the two matrices, the sound clips.

Any suggestions? Do we have to remix for a stereo signal for our livestream? Hopefully not.

Thanks!

Sean

read more...
    0 36
  • New
    sgruber9
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-12

Hi! I had this idea the other day to route a single input, for example, the acoustic guitar for our Sunday worship gathering, to two different channels (i.e., separate fader controls). My rationale behind this was that then I could EQ a single source two different ways; one EQ setup for our in-house mix and one for our livestream mix. However, I'm not sure what limitations this brings up.

For example, I already noticed that if the acoustic came in on input 1 and was sent to channel 1 and channel 7, sending channel 7 to an FX bus did not work; I had to send channel 1 to the FX, which defeats the purpose of my idea. 

I hope this makes sense as it's hard to describe. Please be patient with me as I'm a novice with soundboards and mixing/mastering.

Side note: I have seen a ton of videos explaining how to send a copy of an input source to a DAW, and then route it back into the soundboard to then be sent out to the live stream. However, we are a small church and have several open channels on our soundboard so if possible, it makes sense (in my limited experience) to do everything on the same soundboard.

Thanks so much!

read more...
    0 55
    • sgruber9
      RexBeckett Hi sgruber9, you can certainly feed two (or more) channels from the same input. There is no reason why they cannot both be sent to FX buses. Check that the FX bus sends are enabled on both channels (on the channel Sends tab).
      • Jun 13
    • sgruber9
      sgruber9 Thank you! I will double-check on this.
      • Jun 14
  • New
    tomallsop
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-25

Hi there, 

I run a church and we're looking at the XR18 for one of our new plants (we currently use a X32).

One of the features we'd love to be able to do is to record directly onto a Flash drive like we do from the X32.  It looks like the XR16 has this functionality but it seems like the XR18 has a USB type B.

Please can someone let me know if I can still record directly to a flash drive with the XR18 (assuming I convert from type B to type A)?

Many thanks

Tom

read more...
    0 64
    • tomallsop
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. The USB Port on the XR18 and X18 can not be used to record to a flash drive. These USB ports are strictly 18/18 USB Interfaces to record using a Mac or PC. The XR16 and XR12 have USB flash drive recorder options.
      • May 25
    • tomallsop
      RupertHuntTaylor Hi Tom, I'm in exactly the same position, trying to set up a church sound system for a new venue, with 9 days to go! Did you figure out a way forward? I'm trying to chose between the XR16 and XR18, and the recording ease is a key thing. I think only the XR16 lets you record to a thumb drive, but from what I can find out it's also harder to interface with a Macbook because no USB-B. XR18 seems set up to record every channel rather than the Main mix, which is overkill for us. Do you know if it's possible to record wirelessly in the iPad or MacBook ap? Or over an ethernet connection direct to a MacBook?
      • Aug 27
  • New
    linschen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-24

Hallo, ich habe mal eine Frage ich habe zu weihnachten ein Behringer Xenyx Qx1203USB bekommen ,und hab schon einige audio aufnahmen damit gemacht . Jetzt ist es so, dass ich, wenn ich eine Aufnahme machen möchte, mit dem Programm W AVEFOR M (Registriert) lauter Störungsgeräusche  habe, sprich es hören sich an wie ein verzerren. Aktualisiert hab ich das Programm neu installiert hab ich es auch und es ist alles beim alten. Kabel hab ich auch neue gekauftt und probiert weil ich dachte es liegt daran sprich 2 Klinke 2,5 auf mini Klinke und ind dann hab ich es probiert mit Chinch kabel.Wenn ich die Musik abspiele über ein normales Audioprogramm laufen alles ganz normal, auch wenn ich bei einer Streaming-Plattform bin alles ohne Probleme .. bin froh um jede hilfe dankeschön im vorraus 

read more...
    0 41
    • linschen
      Nigel67 Hi linschen. I think that you will be better submitting a ticket to our Technical Support Team where they will be able to help you further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • May 26
  • New
    gibsovi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-22

Hello,  

We are running an M32 FOH currently and have an x32 producer we will be running for live stream mix.  I think there is a pretty simple way to use the AES50 connection to link the inputs, but still run the x32 producer as it's own unit.  Anyone have a link or suggestions on procedure and routing?

read more...
    0 80
    • gibsovi
      Nigel67 Hi gibsovi. You haven't mentioned whether you are using an IO box with the M32, so I will assume you are. If the IO box is connected to the AES50 A, then you will need to take a cable from the AES50B to the AES50 A of the X32. To route the audio from the M32 to the X32, go into the AES50 B outputs tab and route the AES50 A inputs to it. Thus you are now sending the audio from the io box post the analogue gain to the X32. On the X32, you then route the AES50 A inputs to the channel inputs. The X32 will be set to Slave as you cannot have two consoles connected to each other as Masters. On the M32, you then need to set up the HA Gain. This will give you control of the analogue gain of the io box from the M32 only and only from the screen, not the surface gain pot. The surface gain pots will only give you digital trim. So you pre-set the analogue gain to a level where the M32 and X32 operators are happy, and then they use their digital trims to make any further adjustments. Here is a very quick video that a user put together for using HA Gain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_f196HTcq4 Hope this is helpful.
      • May 22
  • New
    fabio333
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-05-14

Hello, 

i have a midas M32 and i needed  4 output feed´s on aes\ebu mode. which card or stage box can i use?

CAn i connect midas DL155 and use the digital port´s on the M32?

0 106
    • fabio333
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Yes you can use the DL155 stagebox set to 48kHz with the M32. This would be the best/only option for your needs.
      • May 16
    • fabio333
      fabio333 Thank´s for you reply Kyle, my doubt is if the console recognizes the 8 AES3(AES\EBU) digital inputs\outputs fromthe DL155 stagebox on the routing pages, and if i can send diferent feed through them. And another question is if i can work with both stagebox´s, the DL32 and DL155. thank´s a lot
      • May 16
  • New
    MichaelPirtle
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-05-12

Hello,

I am currently the audio engineer for a small video production company.  In our studio, we are using an X32 as our audio console with an S16 stage box connected through the AES50 bus for direct connect mics (the console is in a sound booth) and to output speakers.  I also use wireless gear which is direct connected to the X32 in the booth.  I output our signal to the video control room and bring in some sources directly from the console using a StudioHub patch bay.  This all works well, but now we may need to change it.

We might be moving to a new building which will have several studios that we would like to control from a central control room area (audio and video).  When this first came up, my initial thought was to use Dante for all the connections (potential of 5 studios including the main one) but I haven't used it before.  Questions I have are: can I still use the S16 stagebox with Dante or do I need to get something else (I would need 4 more of them or possibly 5)?   Is it easier to just stick with the AES50 connections? How many of them can I have?  Should I consider upgrading to a WING console or will it make any difference?  Are there latency issues with Dante that will cause sync issues with video?  

Any insights will be greatly appreciated because if this happens it will happen very fast.

Thanks,

Mike

read more...
    0 53
    • MichaelPirtle
      DavidKnighton Hello Michael,
      First and foremost, AES50 and Dante are two completely separate protocols and can not be used interchangeably. Yes they both run on ethernet cabling, but the language is not the same. The stage boxes will need a dedicated ethernet home run to the console/sound booth. Dante can be used on the back end to get the console outputs to the video system. Check out the X-Dante card for X32. Dante is a great way of future proofing your system, because almost every manufacturer is using Dante these days. Latency is deterministic with Dante, and I believe you can get it down to 1ms, which is not a concern when it comes to video sync. AES50 incurs additional latency, but it's so small it's negligible. As for how many stageboxes you can have; it depends on how you wish to run the cabling. If you want to daisy chain them, you can get up to 48 channels on a single run, so that's 3x S16 stage boxes per run, and the console has two ports, so 6 stage boxes in total can be connected to the console at once. You can also use 1x S32 and 1x S16 together to achieve 48 inputs. Pretty much any combination will work as long as it doesn't exceed 48 inputs.
      • May 14
  • New
    BobStrommen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-28

We are experiencing problems with recording with the on-board 2 track recorder. It shows that it is recording but the files are empty. We have tried several different drives but have found onlyuone that will actually work. 
    Are there specific specifications for the drives to be used in the recorder?

read more...
    0 61
    • BobStrommen
      RexBeckett Hi Bob, you haven't told us which model of mixer you are using so I shall give you a general answer. Use a branded (e.g. SanDisk) USB 2.0 drive of up to 32GB capacity formatted as FAT32. Format on a Windows PC if possible. If using a Mac, select the MSDOS FAT32 format option.

Empty recordings could indicate a problem with routing. If you are unsure how to check this, attach your scene file to your first post (by editing it) and we can look for possible issues.
      • Apr 28
Go to page