Statistics

261,466 members
140,195 posts
  • New
    courttm910
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-22

I am trying to use x32 mix on my ipad with Behringer x32. It tells me I need to upgrade my firmware. Current version is factory 1.15 I cannot find this version as a download to have as a backup. Should I be concerned about upgrading to the latest firmware?

read more...
    0 100
    • courttm910
      Nigel67 Hi courttm910. The X32-Mix app has been replaced by the MX-Q app. Before upgrading anything though, can you advise whether it is the firmware on your X32 that is running 1.15 or the X32-Mix firmware? If it is the X32-Mix app, can you tell me what version firmware your X32 is running. Many thanks.
      • Apr 23
    • courttm910
      courttm910

It's the x32 that's running 1.15

• Apr 24
      • Behringer X32 firmware
        DavidKnighton Hello courttm910,
        That firmware is extremely old, and likely incompatible with your iPad app. You'll want to update the firmware on the console, but be sure to back up your scenes and presets. Take not of your preferences in the SETUP menu. Be prepared to do some programming afterwards, as the newer firmware updates have a lot of options that you'll need to sift through, so be sure to give yourself some time to get to know the new firmware.
        • Apr 29
  • New
    BillCronheim
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-13

Hello,

Is it possible to add delay to a mix buss?

0 51
    • BillCronheim
      RexBeckett Hi Bill, you can add delay to a bus by inserting a delay FX. I find that using one side of the Dual Pitch Shifter works well for this. If you set Semi and Cent to 0 then it will function as a delay with finer resolution than most delay FX processors.
      • Apr 13
  • New
    Simone95
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-17

Hello,

I'm italian, sorry for my terrible english. I'm unexpert of mixer and recorder but I hope that you understand my problem. 

Tanks a lot.

0 49
    • Simone95
      RexBeckett Hello Simone, we shall need a little more explanation of your problem so we can help to solve it. If you prefer, explain it in Italian and we can use software translation to understand.
      • Mar 17
    • Simone95
      RexBeckett Hi Simone, I saw that you had replied but it is not now shown in the discussion. This is another bug in the forum!

Anyway, if the microphone and headphones work with Cubase, there does not seem to be a problem with the UMC202HD or its drivers. It may be a problem with Windows sound settings.

I have found that Zoom requires the Recording device to be set to 48000 Hz. This can be done on Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording -> Properties -> Advanced. I also find it helps to set the Disable All Enhancements option on the Enhancements tab for both Recording and Playback devices.
      • Mar 18
    • Simone95
      RexBeckett I had another thought: With the UMC202HD, you would need to press the Direct Monitor button to listen to your microphone through the headphones. You would only hear playback sound when that button is out. For this reason, the UMC204HD is a better interface for streaming as it has a monitor mixer for direct and playback sounds.
      • Mar 18
  • New
    tejedor1967
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-07

Setting up the Flow 8 to USB Recording mode, I use the ASIO driver to setup my DAW to record talking sessions (on Zoom, Meet, Streamyard... whatever).

The problem is that the USB signal comming from the PC to the Flow 8 cannot be recorded back using the ASIO driver.

Even if I configure in the routing the USB 1/2 being send to channels 5/6, what is recorded is not the USB. The driver still keep on sending the phisical 5/6 1/4" jack signal, I repeat, even if I'm routing there the USB 1/2.

So the only way to record the USB1/2 (same applies to USM 3/4 being routed to channels 7/8) is in the mix channel (9/10) where the USB signal is mixed with all the rest of channels.

Is there any workaround the be able to record USB signal in a DAW without being mixed with the rest of channels?

This could be consider as a request for futher firmware updates. Being able to record in the DAW the USB once is routed to channels. Or any other way.

read more...
    0 70
    • tejedor1967
      RexBeckett Hi there, there is a way of achieving this with the current firmware - although rather messy:

Route the USB returns 1/2 to channels 5/6.
      Stereo link Monitor buses 1 and 2.
      Send (only) channels 5/6 to Monitor buses 1 and 2.
      Use cables to link Monitor outputs 1 and 2 to analogue inputs 5/6.
      USB sends 5/6 should record USB returns 1/2.
      • Mar 7
  • New
    ksgerdes
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-03-07

I recently purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and have connected my TC Helicon harmonizer to it for some home recording.  Lately, I've been having trouble with my recorded guitar sounding very distorted - especially when I'm in harmony mode.

To clarify, the guitar sound clear when I'm playing it live, but it is very distorted when listening to the recorded version.

Any suggestions to get a clearer guitar sound from my harmonizer in the recorded version when linked with Scarlett 2i2?

Kevin

read more...
    0 64
  • New
    Alan14
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-27

Has anyone managed to connect the QX1002usb to a usb c socket, as there are no USB a sockets on my laptop running windows 10.

I get the message 'no jack information available'. Do you need a particular USB a to USB c adaptor or is it a codec issue?

I have tried several adaptors, in different ports Thunderbolt and 3.1 gen1 usb c but the USB connection from the QX1002 does not work with any of them. Very disappointing as it is a new machine.

Has anyone solved this one?

read more...
    0 38
    • Alan14
      RexBeckett Hi Alan, I have connected a QX1002USB to a Windows 10 laptop with USB-C ports. It worked using either a USB-B/USB-A cable plus a USB-A/USB-C adapter or a single USB-B/USB-C cable.

See if these notes help: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/297127/windows-10-and-stereo-usb-mixers-interfaces
      • Feb 27
    • Alan14
      Alan14 Thanks Rex, I discovered that all USB-A to USB-C adaptors are not the same. I had not luck with 2 USB-c hubs but when connected with the single dongle that came with my Dell it worked. Thank you for the link to the article very useful to understand how the various controls affect the USB output and inputs. Thank you for responding, much appreciated
      • Feb 27
  • New
    joeyskye
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-20

I have recently purchased UMC-404HD to connect an external microphone for Teams and Zooms calls but I am having issues on how to route the audio output to hear the call via headphones ; I have not tried to connect speakers to the Audio interface. Any suggestions ?

read more...
    0 166
    • joeyskye
      RexBeckett Hi joeyskye, try this:

Select the UMC404HD USB Returns 1/2 (aka USB Audio Codec) as playback output for Zoom. This can be done with the Zoom app or by making it the default playback device in Windows Sound settings.

On the UMC404HD, have the Monitor A/B button out. Turn the Phones level up.
      Use the Mix control to set the mix of live input to USB playback. Clockwise increases the level of USB playback.
      • Feb 20
      • Connecting UMC-404HD to Microsoft Teams and Zoom
        joeyskye Thanks Rex I work with a Mac and PC as well as NDI audio so the routing can get complicated ; however your instructions have been spot on for the UMC404HD which the manual has not documented which would require another two page of illustrations ... Thanks for your help.
        • Feb 21
      • Connecting UMC-404HD to Microsoft Teams and Zoom
        joeyskye I would be happy if anybody in the group has used Zoom and/or Teams with NDI setup using their UMC-404HD ?
        • Feb 21
  • New
    rafiqamir
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-15

Hi,

I wish to know if UMC22 can output stereo using the usb port!

knowing that the input is XLR coming from stereo (2 XLR) from a mixer.

0 73
    • rafiqamir
      RexBeckett Hi rafiqamir, the UMC22 is not ideal for this application. The two inputs have different characteristics which could affect the stereo image. I would recommend using the UMC202HD instead as the two inputs have the same properties.
      • Feb 15
  • New
    Cjheat123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-12

I currently use the  x32mix app on my old iPad.  My new iPad says its an outdated app. What app is the best to use all the ones I find are crazy to use

0 57
    • Cjheat123
      RexBeckett IMO the best app for both iOS and Android is Mixing Station XM32. It is very well supported with frequent updates including user-requested features. The UI can be customized to suit individual applications. It is well worth the modest cost.
      • Feb 12
  • New
    JohnGeraldAchord
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-12

We receive audio via CAT5 and have an XLR as a backup, but during a session, as we were live streaming and the x32 itself glitched out and we lost all signal. We restarted the board but nothing happened. Then we restarted it again then the signal came back. What could have caused this board glitch?

read more...
    0 129
    • JohnGeraldAchord
      RexBeckett Hi John, Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) can cause symptoms like this. It is important that connections between X32 consoles and stageboxes are made using shielded Ethernet cables with etherCon shells bonded to the shields. Without solid continuity between the etherCon shells, ESD can cause drop-outs and lock-ups.

People also get caught-out if the X32's Safe Main Levels option is turned on. This will pull the main faders down on a restart and possibly on a short power glitch.
      • Feb 12
Go to page