Statistics

261,465 members
140,192 posts
  • New
    TheSingingDrumr
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-01-28

I purchased the Motor 49 about 6+ months ago while I was still remodeling my studio space.  Since then, I have also decided to use my x32 Rack as the interface for the studio space - as well as, the mixer for live stream performances.  

My question is, can the Motor 49 be used to control the mixer on the X32 Rack - and then also be used to control the mix functions on the DAW (in my case Studio One) without having to go through an entirely new set up.  Can it be done on some sort of 'bank' toggle or something like that?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 34
    • TheSingingDrumr
      DavidKnighton Hello TheSingingDrumr,
      The X32Rack does have MIDI capabilities, so you can control absolutely control a few things. You'll need to map the Motor controls based on what you want to control with the console. The MIDI chart can be found in the X32 Manual. The only caveat is that I don't think the MIDI port on the console passes through the USB 2.0 port in the expansion card. This mean you would need a separate MIDI-USB cable to go from the Motor to your computer for DAW control. You could also use a MIDI multiplier like the one here: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIthru4--midi-solutions-multivoltage-quadra-thru-1-in-4-out-midi-through-box . This will allow you to keep everything plugged in, but you may not want to control both the mixer and DAW at once, so you might want to disable one or the other depending on whether you're in mixer mode or DAW mode.
      • Jan 28
  • New
    Manofc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Greetings,

New Windows laptop + new X touch compact. I plug in the X Touch vis USB, my computer sees it but X touch editor doesn't? neither does any other software? Any suggetions or solutions?

Carl

0 41
    • Manofc
      john0121 Hi Manofc, if you have the full X TOUCH then it can't be altered with the Editor. The editor is only for X TOUCH Compact and X TOUCH mini.
      • Feb 1
    • Manofc
      caferrer Hi , I have a similar problem. I see the Xtouch under Device Manager in Windows 10 but I cannot see it within my DAW (cubase). Brand new Xtouch, Brand new HP ENVY laptop. Can any one help?
      • May 8
  • New
    soloRev
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

Hi everyone!

I bought XR18 a couple of years ago and it payed off.. It's really easy to use with amazingly simple UI but when I started using it as audio interface I went nuts.. What driver to install, where to find it, etc. and then when I finished everything I managed to record something (finally) but I couldn't hear anything.. It seems that computer has not registered speakers that I plugged in main out on XR18 and I can't hear what I recorded.

Is there anyone that could save me some nerves with solution :D ? 
    Thanks and have nice daaay! :)

read more...
    0 27
    • soloRev
      RexBeckett Hi soloRev, to listen to USB Returns from a PC they have to be routed to the XR18 outputs. There is more than one way to do this. The simplest is to route the USB Returns directly to the Main outputs. This is done on the In/Out -> Main Out tab. See screenshot below.

Another common way is to route the USB Returns to the Aux channel in place of the normal analogue inputs. This routing can often be left in place for instant record/play changeover. This is done on In/Out -> USB Returns where there is a button that makes the required changes. See second screenshot below.
      • Jan 26
      • XR18 using as audio interface - how to connect speakers?
        soloRev You are a life saver!!!! Thank you sooo so so much! I'm buying you a beer
        • Jan 27
      • XR18 using as audio interface - how to connect speakers?
        RexBeckett Happy to help, Rev.
        • Jan 27
  • New
    EdSteur
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24

Hello. das anyone have a solution for me

I have a gitar plugged in the Behringer .

But my program (s gear)on the computer das not working properly.

The Behringer interface plays music from youtube.

But if a plugged in my guitar ,the s'gear program say that the sound is not working properly. Because.the adio driver is in use.

The program must change the sound of my guitar but not working at all. 

Regards Ed

read more...
    0 43
    • EdSteur
      Nigel67 Hi, there appears to be a compatibility issue with another USB device. Are you using a USB hub. If so, try plugging directly into your computer. Also try different USB ports on the computer. If that doesn't work, uninstall the driver and re-install it again. Finally, just check the ASIO4 all driver you are installing is V2.14. https://www.asio4all.org/
      • Jan 24
  • New
    TomGavranovic
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-23

Hi,

is there any way to connect (wired or wireless) Behringer X32 to Midas MR18? My whole recording setup (inputs & mics) are connected to MR18 and now I would like to control volumen and other parameters on my Behringer X32. Olso I would like to record all in Logic Pro.

Plese help...

Thank you

Tom

read more...
    0 73
    • TomGavranovic
      RexBeckett Hi Tom, the only way to connect audio between an MR18 and an X32 is through the analogue inputs/outputs. If you can explain more about your requirements, we may be able to suggest other solutions.
      • Jan 23
      • Connecting Behringer x32 to Midas MR18
        TomGavranovic Hi Rex, thak you for replaying...When I say connecting I ment connecting X32 to MR18 via usb or enthernet cable so I could control parameters on X32 while recording live instruments session and not be limited to MR18 application M-AiR-Edit. I konw that it is possible to connect X32 with X18 but I dont know how to do it on Midas MR18 model witch is very simmilar to Behringer X18.
        • Jan 23
        TomGavranovic Currently I have all my instruments (drums, percusion, keyboards, computer, bas, guitar) inputs connecteted to MR18. Logic Pro is my main DAW where all inputs are recorded in separate tracks. Recently I got new X32 and now I would like to leave input connection like they are and just have a simpler way to work on X32 and not in M-AIR-Edit app. It is not about connecting audio just controling.
        • Jan 23
        RexBeckett Hmm. Connecting an X32 and MR18 directly via USB will not work. You would need a PC in the middle and, even then, I don't think it would do what you want.

You can connect both consoles to the same LAN but neither one will have any control over the other. It would allow you to have both M-Air Edit and X32 Edit running on the same PC - if you had a large enough screen. Using separate tablets to control each console may be easier.

Midi connection is a possibility but the MR18 will only transmit its own controls via Midi so that may not help. I suppose you could insert a Midi Mapper in the line to convert unused MR18 channel fader messages into those for the X32.

The USB and network functionality of the MR18, XR18 and X18 are identical. If you know how to connect an X32 to an X18, it should also work with an MR18.
        • Jan 23
        RexBeckett OK, your latest post makes it clearer. You want to control the MR18 from the X32. I still don't see a straightforward way to do this. I think you would need to use a Midi Mapper to convert Mackie Control messages from the X32 to Midi for the MR18. Possible but messy.

I think your best option is to replace the MR18 with Midas or Behringer stageboxes and move all processing/recording to the X32.
        • Jan 23
    • TomGavranovic
      TomGavranovic Yes, that option would be the most reasonable solution...Thank you again...
      • Jan 23
  • New
    Samnic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-22

I recently bought the Behringer X32 mixer and I and struggling to update the firmware, I tried downloading it onto a USB but the mixer can never find the file, is there another way to download the latest firmware?

0 68
    • Samnic
      Nigel67 Hi Samnic. I am afraid that the only way to get hold of the software is to download it. I would advise not doing it via wifi though as there are possibilities that the software could become corrupted if you have drop outs in the wifi. Use a USB stick that is blank and formatted to FAT32. Are you trying to download it directly on to the USB stick. Maybe try downloading it onto your computer hard drive and then putting it on the USB stick. Do you have another USB stick you can try? Is it the download you are having problems with or actually getting the console to program? Then follow these instructions below.

Make sure that the firmware is in the root directory of the USB stick.

Press, and hold in the 'Recorder' sections 'VIEW' button while switching the console on.  This will cause the console to boot into the update mode.

Once in the update mode, plug the USB memory stick into the top panel USB connector.  The X32 will wait for the USB drive to become ready and then run a fully automated firmware update.

If a USB stick fails to get ready, updating will not be possible and it is recommended to switch the console off and then restart from the beginning.

The update process will take two to three minutes longer than the regular boot sequence.
      • Jan 21
  • New
    RogerLeslie
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-18

I have a relatively new Acer Aspire laptop running Windows 10 and a TEAC v1050 cassette deck.  I want to digitise my 1500 story cassettes onto the laptop.  Have downloaded Audacity.  The laptop usb 2 or usb3 connections do not recognise the cassette deck output  from the headphone socket, therefore will one of the Behringer audio interfaces sort this problem out and if so would the UCA202 be OK for this application?

read more...
    0 62
    • RogerLeslie
      RexBeckett Hi Roger, yes the UCA202 should be OK for this. If you can afford the extra, I would use a UMC202HD for better audio quality.
      • Jan 18
  • New
    Habascb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-17

Hello,

FAC 1616/MacOS Big sur 11.11. the connection breaks often, sometimes three times within 15 seconds, sometimes once in two minutes. Is FAC 1616 "too old" for Mac or is there something I can do to make this promblem go away? 

Rgds

Harri

read more...
    0 73
    • Habascb
      amberbell333 I purchased the behringer xenius audio interface and it registers through my computer but not through my music program. I am using the usb and I have tried audio settings and it does not register for recording. Please help I really want this to work
      • Jan 17
    • Habascb
      Nigel67 Hi, our devices are fully UAC2.0 class compliant and do not need drivers under Mac OS. Updating to MacOS11 / BS could lead to audio glitches with specific applications. However, USB audio/MIDI function of our products is should keep working under CoreAudio as before. This is an issue that you will have to take up with Apple.
      • Jan 17
  • New
    TWilkin5
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

Greetings. Scratching my head a bit here as I'm not new to this game but drawing a blank trying to get a new DN9630 to work with a Pro2C and a Windows 7 system. The DN9630 manual has scant information but the unit is seen by Pro2 and computer and both red and green lights flash at about  second intervals (should they?).

Set up as Generic AES50 and showing as green in Diagnostics on Pro2.

Driver installed and all channels showing up in various audio software on computer.

Tried all sorts of routings but can't get audio to appear between the mixer and computer. Swapped cables out too, just in case.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

read more...
    0 79
    • TWilkin5
      Nigel67 Hi. If the LEDs around the AES50 connectors are flashing green and red, then this means the AES50 is dropping out. It is either a connection or clock issue. Have you set the clock to 96K on your DAW and are you syncing (slaving) to the DAW to the DN9630? You can't have the DAW and PRO2 as clock master. Another thing to check is your AES50 and USB cables. The routing is exactly the same as you would normally. For test purposes, route the oscillator to an input and assign the input to all the Group Outputs. Turn the group output faders up so that you have signal on their outputs. Now patch the group outputs to the Generic AES50 output (DN9630). You will now have signal going to the DN9630. If you want to record just the post analogue gain from the inputs, then assign the IO box or inputs on the rear of the console directly to the DN9630. Let me know how you get on. First thing is though to get the LEDs around the DN9630 to only be green. One final thing, make sure the switch on the DN9630 is set to 96K and do this before powering the unit.
      • Jan 13
    • TWilkin5
      TWilkin5 Hello Nigel. Thanks for your help. Not sure what I did but after trying it on my laptop I followed your instructions step by step back on the PC and it looks like it's working. I guess trying to sort it out in the early hours isn't productive at my age any more! Thanks again for your help.
      • Jan 14
      • Fun with DN9630 and Pro2
        Nigel67 Great news. Happy to be of some assistance. Know what you mean about burning the midnight oil trying to get something working, then next morning its all up and running in 5 mins . All the best
        • Jan 14
  • New
    DHCC7070
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

I need help please. I have an X32 compact with the x live expansion card installed.  I am able to record to the usb thumbdrive channels l/r on the top of the board, and I am able to record off the usb port in the back of the board to mac to record DAW files at the same, however I am NOT able to record directly to the SD cards at the same time.  Can someone tell me what I need to do to get ALL THREE ports recording at the exact same time??  The 32gb sandisk cards are reading off the board, but I am not getting files recorded directly on the sd cards.

read more...
    0 60
    • DHCC7070
      RexBeckett With the X-Live card, the SD cards should record the same signals as the USB output - as set by Routing -> Card. Some things to check: The X-Live firmware should be A12 (shown on the console's Setup -> Global page); The SD cards should be formatted in the console through the Setup -> Card page; SD card recording is also controlled on the Setup -> Card page.
      • Jan 13
Go to page