• SteveRyder
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-19

I am looking at buying an SD8 but need to locate the Digital Snake more than 100m away from my X32, I work at a lot of stadia where distances often exceed 100m. I know one option is to use a Klark Teknik DN9610 to extend the Cat5 another 100m but that is not a good solution for me in an outdoor environment as the box could end up anywhere and probably exposed to the elements.

Has anyone successfully extended over fibre? I use ST fibre for other things and have a 10/100 ethernet to ST fibre converter. Behringer specify shielded Cat 5 but fibre isn't affected by interference, anyone doing it or any thoughts if it would work without problems.

Many thanks

Steve Ryder - Stryder TV

read more...
    0 386
    • SteveRyder
      RexBeckett

@SteveRyder 

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum.

AES50 is not compatible with Ethernet beyond the physical level so probably would not work through typical Ethernet/Fibre converters. There is a Klark Technik product that is designed to transport AES50 over single-mode fibre up to 1km. This is DN9680 but it isn't a low-cost solution.

KT also have the DN9620 to run a pair of AES50 lines over multi-mode fibre up to 500m. This may be more cost effective.

• July 18, 2019
    • SteveRyder
      SteveRyder

Hi RexBeckett

Many thanks for your very prompt reply.

I knew it wasn't going to be that easy! As you say that is an expensive solution which I couldn't justify. Back to the drawing board.

• July 18, 2019
    • SteveRyder
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @SteveRyder 

I strongly second the recommendation for the DN9620 and running fiber. We have several clients using these with M/X32 systems and the added distance, flexibility, and reliabilty grossly outweigh the initial cost. As stated, being MM fiber, it can accommodate up to 500m however we do offer 150m opticalCON Duo reels that can be purchased via Midas dealers. 

• July 19, 2019
    • SteveRyder
      garyh

Quote from a supplier..

“...the NCAT5E-50M is not only flexible in terms of its superior mechanical properties—it also can be deployed in many situations. If a single 50 m run is not sufficient, you can extend two cables to 100 m using the optional Neutrik NE8FF connector. Simply unwind the cable from the drum. If you need AES50 connections exceeding the typical 100 metre limit of CAT5 Ethernet, KLARK TEKNIK’s DN9610 Extenders or DN9620 Repeaters provide a very cost effective solution.”

• July 19, 2019
    • SteveRyder
      SteveRyder

Thank you for all of your input.

To explain my scenario, I provide 4-6 camera outside broadcasts for UK and international broadcasters and am frequently asked to cover football (soccer!) matches. For a match we would have a presenter and two guests on the gantry/pitchside and then 2 commentators in the gantry plus I need to feed talkback and programme sound back to them. These are often grounds with little or no cabling infrastructure. Usual cable run from the Production Trailer is about 150m, sometimes going around the edge of the pitch. My perfect solution would be to run in one robust ST fibre multicore cable and spur off that. I have an X32 with Dante card and could either use an SD8 via Cat5 or a Dante I/O device. The Dante solution now looks to be the favoured option as it goes over fibre easily.

Again many thanks for all of your contributions.

Steve Ryder

Stryder TV Ltd

• July 19, 2019
  • pasik
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-18
    Hello. I've read from lots of places (including musictribe community) that the Cat5e cable used with X32/S32 AES50 needs to be cat5e shielded, and there needs to be continuity from the Ethercon connector outer shell to other Ethercon connector outer shell. So I have the Klark Teknik NCAT50E-50, which is the Behringer recommended cable for X32 / S32 stagebox AES50 usage, and it seems there is *NO* continuity from the Ethercon shell to Ethercon shell. Is it likely I've messed up the measurement somehow, or I have a faulty cable, or.. ? It seems to work OK, even though there is not continuity on the (outer) shell of the Ethercon connectors.. Thanks!
    read more...
    0 204
    • pasik
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi pasik,

If you've taken a multi-meter and not getting continuity between the two ethercon shells, there is likely an issue relating to the reel's shielding, effectively behaving like an unshielded cable. Did you recently purchase the NCAT5E-50M?

You can contact our Care support team here

• July 18, 2019
  • barneysb
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-06

hello just installed the 6.8.2 version, updated the firmware for 3.03 on a 2 LM26's  but it on the controller software it is saying the modules has old firmware could you please help?

0 336
    • barneysb
      Emadson

6.8.2 should have brought the firmware upto 3.04 so that is why you are getting the error. First make sure you are runnung the Updater associated with 6.8.2. All versions have there own updater and if you have installed multiple versions of Lake on your PC each has its own updater. When you open updater it should give you a target version of 3.04. If this is not the case I would go back to Lake and download the software agiain. Reinstall it and run its associated Updater.

• July 12, 2019
  • DaveLawrence
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-02
    0 283
    • DaveLawrence
      RexBeckett

Hi @DaveLawrence ,

The output routing switch on the SD8 is designed to work with up to three units on an AES50 line. The maximum for inputs would be six SD8s - which would use all 48 channels on the AES50 - but you would still be limited to 24 outputs.

You could have SD8s on both X32 AES50 ports if not being used to connect to other consoles.

• July 1, 2019
  • MichaelVincentd
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-06-22

Hello guys,

i have dbx 4800 ,m32,dl32..

I  want to setup my 4800 together with dl32 on side stage,my question is it possible to patch the dl32 and 4800 into one router switch and run through a cat5 cable into FOH booth..and patch again the m32 and my laptop into another router.

..just like what I draw...

thanks a lot 

EF8DE8C7-9BB4-4F51-98A5-AF20ED1FEA6E.jpeg

read more...
    0 270
    • MichaelVincentd
      DaveMorrison

Hi @MichaelVincentd 

AES50 is not ethernet. Only the connectors and cable are the same. It will not not work through a router and cannot connect to any ethernet port.

Sound is not sent from the Network (ethernet) port on the M32.

• June 22, 2019
    • MichaelVincentd
      MichaelVincentd

Any advice sir..?.because I want my dbx 4800 to use its audio architect.do I need separate cat5 cable for 4800 and midas m32-dl32.

• June 23, 2019
    • MichaelVincentd
      DaveMorrison Yes, you'll need a separate cable for each. Remember you should have a shielded (STP) cat 5 cable with bonded ethercon connecters for the M32/DL32.
      • December 1, 2020
  • Josuerodriguez
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-09

My name is Josue, I am a user of X32 and I would like to link 3 consoles in network, and each one can receives the same channels and in this way can be able to use it in PA, Monitors and TV. regards

0 259
  • Ssgrumman
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-05-15

Sign in Join no
    Hit Refresh
    Uli Behringer Follow Music Tribe Leader
    122 18 1
    Dear Tribers,
    Today, I am addressing you with a very important message, a message that will affect all of us. Over the past months I have shared with you, why we need to become Customer Obsessed. (Obsession is the domination of oneʼs thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image or desire). Customer Obsession means that everything we do must be relevant to the Customers we chose to serve and also exceed their wants and needs.
    Over the past years we all have become complacent and frankly we lost our focus and purpose why we exist and come to work. Organizations who lose their customer purpose will cease to exist and we have seen many examples such as Nokia, Blackberry, Avaya, Kodak, etc. You know my favorite line: “Happiness comes from doing meaningful things for other people in return for appreciation and recognition.”
    Who Pays Our Salaries?
    When I ask this question, people quickly respond by saying: “Itʼs you, Uli”. Nothing could be further from the truth as I am only representing our Customers who are gracious enough to keep us alive by buying our products. My job is to re-distribute our Customersʼ money to you the Tribers by paying your wages and acquiring new Tribers, equipment, facilities as well as a new company from time to time.
    If we ever fail to deliver outstanding services, our Customers wonʼt buy our products anymore, money will dry out and we will cease to exist.
    Hit Refresh
    As the Music Tribe Leader I have an overall responsibility for our 4,000 Tribers and my only purpose is to ensure we as Music Tribe stay relevant and deliver incredible value to our
    Customers. If I cannot deliver this task, I will have failed our Customers and a better leader should take my place.
    Music Tribe is more important than myself and I am taking my given responsibility extremely seriously, a responsibility to create, retain and grow a Customer Obsessed organization where every Triber focuses on our Customers - every second of the day. Only if I can achieve this, I have fulfilled my role and responsibility and hence I will do everything in my power to deliver on this promise.
    Over the past 2 months I have done lots of soul searching by taking the time to truly reflect on the Music Tribeʼs Vision but also my personal Vision. I am very grateful for all the people who have helped me on this insightful journey and today I am proud to present the outcome – our Music Tribe Vision which you can find in our Academy. The Music Tribe Vision is a Customer Obsessed Vision where all our services surround the ONE person that truly matters – our Customer.
    Microsoftʼs CEO Satya Nadella wrote a book called “Hit Refresh”, a book which has greatly inspired me. It's a journey of a man who has applied his own values to an organization by defining and executing on a purpose; the purpose to serve Customers by truly empowering them. Look where Microsoft is today – within a short period of time, the company has done a complete turnaround and now become the worldʼs most valuable company.
    Like all of you, I am also reporting to our Customers who have empowered me to serve them. I am responsible to ensure that we all act in the spirit of our Customer Vision, which means only one thing – to deliver true value to the our Customer. Consistently and relentlessly.
    Think Slow – Act Fast
    With the Music Tribe Vision now in place, itʼs time to act fast and relentlessly. We will be
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hit-refresh-uli-behringer?article...64#comments-6521289259863896064&trk=public_profile_post 5/15/19, 5J36 PM Page 1 of 4
    w

what is going on. I can’t get service, warranty, nothing. Half the service centers no longer take Midas pro series if anything from the tribe!

read more...
    0 175
  • pekner
    Triber Moderator
    2019-03-14

Today we visit our customer Hyrljudet Sydväst AB, a supplier of sound, light & stage technology in Gothenburg Sweden. Thank you Kristoffer for your valuable insights into your daily work and projects! ?Sound Dream TeamSound Dream Team

#labgruppen @labgruppen #lakeprocessing @lakeprocessing #soundtechnology #amplifiers #suppliers #sound #sweden #madeinsweden #amps #software #events #audiodistribution #engineering #loudspeaker #technology #audiosystem #tuning

Equipment at Hyrljudet.jpeg
    read more...
    2 226
  • pekner
    Triber Moderator
    2019-03-12

Håkan Gustafsson, Product Manager at Lab.gruppen Sweden, introduces the ethos behind D SERIES, our most advanced install-dedicated amplifier platform to date. Conceived to provide ‘true open interoperability’, D SERIES integrates with the widest range of digital audio and control protocols, bringing powerful benefits and unique capabilities that make a real world difference, to any demanding high-performance installation. D SERIES is available in two distinct variants, each with three power models to specifically suit the application. One delivers a proven combination of Lake Processing and Dante, while the other heralds a ground-breaking collaboration with Biamp Systems for potent and seamless integration with their Tesira DSP platform.

http://integrationsuperpower.com

read more...
    2 241
  • pekner
    Triber Moderator
    2019-03-11

PLM+ is the brand new touring platform from Lab.gruppen, a platform that offers all of the unique performance characteristics, flexibility, and raw power of the 20000Q, but with twice the processing power, twice the throughput and a whole host of additional features and improvements designed to deliver real world benefits and make the life cycle of any production easier, smoother and more efficient, from the system design stage, operating, through to the final load out.

read more...
    1 207
Go to page