• AlexeyManokhin
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-23

Hello!

I use 9630 with Midas pro2. Playback is ok. But no audio from console to computer. I tried several laptops, different DAW, mac&pc...

Where can I go wrong?

Thaks

0 40
  • LaurMorun
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-21

Hello guys!

Does anybody know the latency of 

Klark Teknik DN9630 ?

Thanks

0 65
  • FrankReichel76
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-14

Hi,

I only have one question. I would like to use an M32 as FoH Console, 2x DL16 as Stagebox and an M32R Live as monitor desk. As described everywhere, I stated that the M32 at FoH place is on internal synergization and on the monitor place AES50 (A). The Foh console is connected from AES50 A to the first DL16 AES50 A. The first DL16 from AES50 B to the second DL16 in AES50 A and from the second DL16 AES50 B to the monitor desk AES50 A

The synchronization is ok.

The input routing on both consoles is AES50 A 1-32.

My problem is now, I see the input signal on channel 1 on the FOH. This is not visible on the monitor. Instead, I see a signal on the monitor on channels 15 and 16, 31 and 32 when I turn up the master on the FoH.

Please explain to me how I can switch this off and how I can properly route the outputs. From FoH I need 5 outputs (PA L&R, Subs (Mono), Nearfield L&R). At the monitor station I need 9 outputs for monitoring or in-ear systems.

Why don't I see the right input signals on the monitor?

All consoles are on firmware 4.02.

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 95
    • FrankReichel76
      GaryHiggins

@FrankReichel76 

You should not interconnect the monitor board from the DL16 B port-that port is only meant for other stageboxes. The Monitor M32 will not get inputs properly and can't send through the B port in the other direction. Better connect the 2 consoles together directly from one port and connect the DL16's to the monitor M32 using the other free port. You can then forward any of those inputs to FOH from the monitor desk.

EDIT:   FOH M32 B<>A Mon M32 B<>A DL16#1 B<>A DL16 #2

The DL16 B port can only forward aes50 outputs, and those being dictated from a master mixer. It can not forward its inputs. The result is the M32 or any mixer if connected to the DL B port, will get whatever the FOH mixer used for its aes50 output routing menu. If you had aes50a 1-32 for the Mon inputs for instance it will probably see FOH out 1-8, FOH out 9-16, FOH out 1-8 again and FOH out 9-16 again. (the default aes50 output 1-32 routing)

• May 13, 2020
    • FrankReichel76
      RexBeckett

@FrankReichel76 

Hello Frank, welcome to the community.

As you have the system configured, the monitor console will not receive the stagebox inputs directly. It will only receive the outputs from the FOH console that are routed to AES50-A.

It would be better to configure the system like this:

M32 AES50B <--> AES50A M32R AES50B <--> AES50A DL16 AES50B <--> AES50A DL16

The M32R will receive all inputs from the stageboxes on AES50B and can forward them to the M32 on AES50A. The M32 can send its outputs to the M32R on AES50B where they, and the local monitor mixes, can be sent to the stageboxes on AES50B.

Edit: You beat me this time, Gary @GaryHiggins 

• May 13, 2020
  • AudioOgre
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-12

Hello, is it possible to get, in the not-so-distant future, to get an update that allows us users to be able to delay at the frame level? This will make it possible to manually set delay times so that all impulses are leaving the console at the same time. Dramatically reducing negative filtering effects of everything not being aligned. Especially when multiple plug-ins are instantiated.

read more...
    0 31
  • Hsiboy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-21

Hi,

Can I get schematic diagram for the UltraGraph 3102 please. Some glue was used in manufacturing that has damaged some traces.

Many thanks,

Hsiboy

IMG_20200321_162328.jpg
    read more...
    0 42
  • Randahl
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-20

When I bought the DL32 stage box the specs said it would take up 3 units in my rack. To my surprise, it takes up 3 rack spaces plus it has rubber feet underneath, which take up space in a fourth rack unit.

Can any DL32 owners confirm if they are indeed using 4 spaces in their racks for the DL32, or if they perhaps have removed the feet, and if so, how? (They look glued on, and I am wondering about warranty if I remove them by force)

I wonder if Midas put those feet on, to make sure that there is nothing underneath the DL32 in order to secure proper cooling when the DL32 fan is running. That could be a reason why one should not remove the feet.

read more...
    0 177
    • Randahl
      GaryHiggins

@Randahl 

Hi, I'm using a Gator 4 space rack and use a 1 rack space power supply as the 4th item, I don't recall taking off the feet but I may have. I would not hesitate though. Probably careful slow use of a heat gun and and pull off or pry off with a pastic putty knife. Pretty sure it's just glue. I DID remove feet from my S16's for another rack situation There is still some space at the top, enough to see through on the 4 space and the DL is the lowest unit-maybe that makes a difference? I have not had any overheating issues that I am aware. The rack is presently under my M32 so not easily gotten to for me to look at and be sure. I will try to get at it later to see.

• April 20, 2020
    • Randahl
      DavidKnighton

Hello @Randahl ,

My name is David Knighton with Midas support.  The rubber feet on the under side of the DL32 are held on with a medium adhesive.  You can pry them off fairly easily using a flat head screwdriver or a pair of pliers.  As @GaryHiggins suggested, a heat gun may help to soften up the adhesive.  Often, product that is rackmountable will come with rubber feet so you have the option to use it standalone on a table, desktop, or other flat surface.  Here at the support office, we took the rubber feet off of multiple units to save rack space.  Otherwise, the rubber feet will eat up about half a rack space or more per unit.  It's completely optional to remove them, and it will not void your warranty.

• April 20, 2020
    • Randahl
      Randahl

Thanks for a very useful reply, David — that is good to know. 

It seems a bit unusual to me, that when buying a new, quality product, the first thing you do is to get out a heat gun to modify it, in order for the product to live up to its own specs of fitting into a 3 unit space.

Might I suggest Midas changes its design, so future stageboxes come with the four feet in a plastic bag, so people who do not place rack units in a rack, can optionally glue on the feet instead?

It would be so much easier to glue on the feet than for everyone else to remove them.

• April 20, 2020
    • Randahl
      DavidKnighton

Dear @Randahl ,

I will definitely pass on the suggestion.  My thoughts on this, from a manufacturing perspective, is that having the feet as an optional accessory means adding one more item to the list of included materials for the packaging process.  It's easier for manufacturing to include it in the build process, rather than adding it in during the packaging process.  At the end of the day, the less items included in the package, the better, that way there's less of a chance something is missed.  I would agree that it would be better to include as an optional accessory, but it makes sense from a manufacturing perspective to do the opposite.  In retrospect, imagine the customer that prefers to use it standalone.  They could argue that they prefer the rubber feet attached.  It's a fair argument from either end.  

• April 20, 2020
    • Randahl
      Randahl

Thanks for getting back to me David.
      I certainly see your point about packaging. Perhaps this is a good subject for a customer survey to figure out, if most people use the DL32 in a rack or not? Since this stage box has a rack form factor, I suspect the majority of customers use it in a rack, but of course only a survey can tell for sure.

If Midas customers are divided 50/50 between using the DL32 in a rack or outside, I still think glueing on feet is the simpler customer task, compared to bringing out the heat gun to remove them.

If the majority is using the DL32 in rack, forcing the majority to use a glue gun to start using a brand new product is probably not the way to go.

Have a good day and take care in these challenging times
      Randahl

• April 20, 2020
  • SalvatoreBarone
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-12

I would like to know if Midas will ever provide a Mac version of its offline editor for Pro2 console that runs on Catalina OS. 

Thanks

Salvatore Barone

0 293
    • SalvatoreBarone
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @SalvatoreBarone 

With so many on-going projects we cannot give a time line for an update to our Pro Series Offline Editors. We recommend users to stay at macOS Mojave until one is available. 

• April 13, 2020
  • mak1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-09

Hi, I'm a user of midas products,
    i own a pro6 and pro9 beautiful work machines.
    I know very well that they have been on the market for a long time and have been replaced with more recent ones.
    I think it tempts operators and companies like me, I still have many consoles of these both for their brand and for the quality and the way of using it very effectively.
    My announcement is addressed to the music tribe group or whoever manages and programs the software of these consoles, please do not forget us that we still have them, release other updates for the software even if you have to pay for them, do not abandon the all the PRO series consoles would be a murder.

read more...
    0 134
    • mak1
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @mak1 

G2.6.1 is the latest and most likely will remain the last firmware for Pro3/6/9 consoles. The reason the ProX features a different audio engine, the DL571 (Neutron), is because the DL371 didn't have enough DSP to handle the new features we implemented.

It's worth mentioning that Pro3/6/9 consoles can be upgraded to a ProX, which includes new surface fascia, controls, MCs, and Neutron audio engine as well as extending the warranty to 10 years. 

• April 10, 2020
    • mak1
      mak1

Hi ChaseMcKnight, yes it is true the consoles have been in operation for 10 and more years, but given their very expensive initial cost I do not think it is right to abandon them, the upgrade to proX costs a lot and honestly on balance now it is not worth it, indeed I think that who did it 2 years ago made a huge mistake because it had a decidedly high cost, to then always find the same surface only changed of some buttons and functions, then now just arrived herritage model with cost as upgrade proX to accounts made of the surface alone, too much technology thrown out in a flash, little time to amortize the expense.
      I think from my point of view that it is good to continue the upgrade of the pro models for those who still own them by solving some bugs and integrating more effects in order to have more choice, so the computing power is always limited to each specific surface model 3/6/9 (I don't want to go into details).
      I think they want to completely end them but if it were it would be a bad idea.
      Some might think that my thought is wrong because in doing so you don't buy new models, but it is not true at all, because if you have the need for jobs where different performances are required you always buy new machines.
      And then the MIDAS brand has always been synonymous with quality, as long as the surfaces do not die completely, you must always keep them updated keeping in mind their potential.

• April 10, 2020
  • Dom216
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-05

I was updating our Wing, and I started a power cycle after the drives were ejected, and the board will no longer boot up with screens and lights. The board itself is on and a few light show up but that's it. Any suggestions on what I did wrong and how to fix it?

read more...
    0 151
    • Dom216
      GaryHiggins

@Dom216 

Hello, sorry to hear this. I would first try reinstalling the old firmware file (remove the latest file version on your virtual drive for now) That may get you back. I would then double check that the newest file downloaded is not corrupt or downloaded correctly and try it again. 

I believe the Wing automatically uses the most recent firmware file so make sure the one presently in question is not available to load up.

• April 5, 2020
    • Dom216
      Paul_Vannatto

@Dom216 wrote:

I was updating our Wing, and I started a power cycle after the drives were ejected, and the board will no longer boot up with screens and lights. 

Which firmware did you upgrade from and which method did you use to upgrade (there are 2 methods)?

• April 5, 2020
    • Dom216
      Dom216

This worked. I removed the newest version and placed the original version back into the drive. The board rebooted and was working properly. I then redownloaded the newest version of the firmware and placed it in the drive and placed the old version in a separate archive folder. I am thinking my mistake was not taking the firmware out of the folder it came in and the PDF guide was still in that download folder. Thanks for the help. 

• April 5, 2020
  • TES_Mahi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-04-04

Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask if anyone knew if the Behringer XTouch is compatible over ethernet with the Behringer Wing. Like the XTouch is compatible with the Behringer X Air Series of mixers.

Thanks a lot

0 105
    • TES_Mahi
      Paul_Vannatto

@TES_Mahi wrote:

Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask if anyone knew if the Behringer XTouch is compatible over ethernet with the Behringer Wing.

I don't believe so, but checking with the experts. I do know that the OSC and midi implementation has not yet happened (but is planned).

:edit: Just got confirmation that the XTouch will not work with the Wing (at this point).

• April 4, 2020
Go to page