• Preet_1608
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-24

I have reaper on mac! And when i connect usb2.0 to mac it shows dn32- usb. I can playback a multitrack from reaper but i cant record a multitrack. Please tell me the steps to patch it in reaper. So i can reacord multitrack.

0 128
    • Preet_1608
      Paul_Vannatto

@Preet_1608 wrote:

I can playback a multitrack from reaper but i cant record a multitrack. Please tell me the steps to patch it in reaper. So i can reacord multitrack.

Since you can playback from Reaper to the M32, you have the DN32-USB working correctly. There are many excellent tutorials on how to setup Reaper for multi-track recording - just googling "setup reaper for multi tracking" provided me 1.7M results. 

• March 24, 2020
    • Preet_1608
      cristtiah

I suggest you download the M32-Edit, its easier to look at. Attached is my setting on recording on an SD-Card. But you can change the setting to Playback USB-Interface and whenever you are recording, change the Channel Routing to Recording. If you want to playback change Channel Routing to Playback. You can also choose the USB-Interface to determine how many ins and outs you want to assign in your DAW. If you are recording on a SD-card it will record only one wav file but its multi-channel. If you import it on your DAW it will automaticaly create 32 channels(or whatever you set on your SD-Recording option).

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 12.07.49 PM.png
      • May 16, 2020
  • LaurMorun
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-22

Hello!

The FX Rack setup doesn`t change between different scenes. I mean i have a scene with a delay on rack 4, and the next scene is with a flanger on the same rack. Both scenes and the show is saved. But when i switch between scenes, the rack ramains the same. I have to load a saved rack file to get there.

Is it possible to be able to have the correct rack for a scene without having to load the desired rack? I`m kinda drawing a mental blank mulling over this.

Thanks a lot!

read more...
    0 137
    • LaurMorun
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Laur @LaurMorun ,

I've passed this on to Chase to respond.

• March 22, 2020
    • LaurMorun
      DanielPaine

Hi @LaurMorun ,

The short answer is yes! It is possible to have different FX racks for each scene and have them recalled on a scene by scene bases.

There are safe features on the console that may be enabled that is stopiing this process.  Safes occour for both hardware and softtware.  Here's how to check:

Hardware: Go the specific effect in the fx rack. Check that the yellow button (labled AUT) is off.  If this is on it means it is safe from automation which may explain why it is not recalled.  You can check further whether any other hardware safes are turned on accidently (on other channels) by going to Home/Automation/Hardware Safe/ and reset there.

Software:  Recall scopes work in the same way as above but on a scene by scene bases rather than globally.  In your loaded scene, go to the automation page and click on recall scope.  Anything that is highlighted green in colour means it is safe from recall. so this may also explain your fx  if the rack is green..  You can choose 'none' to deselect all or simply click on the individual parameters to change from green (safed) to blue (will be recalled). 

Give that a go an let me know how you get on.  Will be happy to help further if neccesary.

Daniel

• April 23, 2020
  • jonhaudio
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-11

My band runs backtracks live through a DAW for our performances. (Studio One 4 Pro) 
    Is it possible to route track outputs from my daw, directly to the analog outputs on the XR18 through USB? And if i'm doing that, am I still able to use my analog outputs to mix monitors at the same time as i normally would? routing channels patched into the XR18 through the ipads UI? 

read more...
    0 141
    • jonhaudio
      DaveMorrison

@jonhaudio wrote:

My band runs backtracks live through a DAW for our performances. (Studio One 4 Pro) 
      Is it possible to route track outputs from my daw, directly to the analog outputs on the XR18 through USB?

Yes. Are you connecting, for example, a bass from the computer over USB to a bass amplifier?

And if i'm doing that, am I still able to use my analog outputs to mix monitors at the same time as i normally would? routing channels patched into the XR18 through the ipads UI? 

Only 1 source (mixbus, usb channel) can be connected to an Aux Out at one time. Each output can have a different source. Two sources can not be mixed ( without using a mixbus).

• March 11, 2020
    • jonhaudio
      jonhaudio

Exactly that! we need to run a Bass DI signal out to an amp, and a guitar DI signal out to an amp through two seperate analog outs. 
      But from there, we also want to use it as a regular mixer and plug our microphones etc in and send them out the other analog outs which would be going to our in ears. This is where i'm wondering if it'll still work. 

• March 11, 2020
  • FredPurvis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-09

Can I use The two S16 Stageboxes in Daisychain configuration with the new Behringer Wing Desk as I have done with The X32 Compact  ? How do I set that up  ?

0 119
  • charlesstrick
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-05

can somone tell me were line level is on my meter on a m32 and confirm the meater is at dbfs, and does the meter show peak or rms signal ?  Thanks.

0 89
  • JohnMilner
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-04

iEQPro-Splash@552pxw.png

Coming soon - iEQ Pro - which will allow Auto EQ of parametric EQs (as well as GEQs) in the M/X Air and M/X 32 series of consoles.  This App follows on from the other StrongSoft iEQ Apps, but will be able to Auto EQ the following consoles:  X Air, M Air, X32, M32 (and later, the WING).

Demo video of Auto EQ to parametric EQ of an X Air console 

read more...
    0 3,187
    • JohnMilner
      Paul_Vannatto

This looks great John @JohnMilner. Glad to see that you are still active in supporting our beloved consoles with your apps.

• March 4, 2020
    • JohnMilner
      JohnMilner

iEQ Pro MX is now available in the App Store.  iEQ Pro Ultimate Bundle is pending approval - this is a means of upgrading from your existing iEQ App to a bundle which includes all the iEQ Apps - at a very reasonable upgrade price - will be available very soon!

Get iEQ Pro MX in the App Store 

iEQ Pro MX Demo Video 

IEQ Pro MX in PEQ ModeIEQ Pro MX in PEQ Mode

• March 25, 2020
  • plucker51
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-28

I've been using XR18 fro some time now. I have programmed my old BCF2000 as a controller and it all works fine EXCEPT occasionally I get fader judder when either moving a fader or moving the on-screen fader. This makes it unusable in a live situation. Any got any suggestions as it's quite useful if we have room to use the BCF2000?

Many Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 53
  • charlesstrick
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-25

I wont to send fx to my mon buss seperate from my foh mix, any help please .Thanks Charles          ( m32 )

0 124
    • charlesstrick
      RexBeckett

@charlesstrick 

You can add FX Returns to monitor Mixbuses using the Sends-on-Faders (SoF) console mode - just as you add channels to them.

If the FXslot is also being used on the Main mix, you will need to accept some compromise. The FX Send will normally be post-fader so it tracks the channel levels in the mix. The monitor bus will normally have pre-fader sends from the channels so it is independent from the Main mix. The mix of pre-fader and post-fader signals in the monitor mix means that it will be affected by the Main mix faders. You can only avoid this by using a separate FX slot for monitor mixes so the FX Send from the channels can be pre-fader.

If you would like help setting this up, save your current scene and attach the .scn file to your post (see Choose File button below). If you tell us which FX you want on what monitor bus, we can do that for you.

• February 25, 2020
    • charlesstrick
      charlesstrick

Well that made my head spin., I need to be able to put fx on a buss as needed for iem's or on the channel if that makes it an easier route. I have fx slots open.  I just dont understand the route to get there . Thanks.

• February 25, 2020
    • charlesstrick
      RexBeckett

@charlesstrick wrote:

Well that made my head spin., I need to be able to put fx on a buss as needed for iem's or on the channel if that makes it an easier route. I have fx slots open.  I just dont understand the route to get there . Thanks.

@charlesstrick 

The four main FX slots (1-4) are fed from Mixbuses 13-16. To send one or more channels to one of the slots, select the FX Send Mixbus (13-16), engage SoF and bring up the faders for the required channels.

The four main FX slots each have a stereo pair of Returns (Fx1 L, Fx1 R, Fx2 L, etc). To add FX Returns to the Main or a monitor mix, select the Main LR or monitor Mixbus, select the layer with the FX Returns and raise the required Fx1 - Fx4 LR faders.

If that still makes your head spin, post your scene so we can show you by example.

• February 25, 2020
    • charlesstrick
      charlesstrick

Thank you Rex, I will go give that a try.

• February 26, 2020
  • Paulin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-24

Hi everyone,

I'm working on my new wing and I find something "strange" in workflow.

Today I started  assigning channels to DCAs and MUTE GROUPs to complete my new scene.

Every time I assign a channel to DCA and MG, automaticly a tag was create to indicate that ch. n. is now assigned to those DCA or MG, and that's ok!

After that I have to change the name of both DCA and MG and ....all the channels I previously assigned to them losed their assignment  instead of changing automatically tags name. So I have to recall all my channels individually, delete the previous tag (with the old name of DCA or MG) and reassign them to the "new" DCA and MG.

Now, I think that this may be a sort of bug, because it is absolutely not good during a performance.

I hope this communication can help to improve the performance of this splendid console

read more...
    0 110
    • Paulin
      GaryHiggins

@Paulin I hadn't run across that yet. Yes it seems that a name change should be included and automatic. I didn't realize the tags were automatically assigned either. I thought I had added them since I had added several for other reasons! To be honest I am not really seeing the whole tag thing anyway. I am still learning new stuff every day and glad to be doing so...with much yet to digest! It's an exciting piece of equipment!

• February 23, 2020
    • Paulin
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Paolo @Paulin ,

Welcome to the forum. The developers are aware of this issue. Until it is changed, I would suggest you rename the DCA's and mutegroups first, then assign them to the channels. 

• February 23, 2020
  • Marko83
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-21

Hi all, is there any offline editor for the WING ??

thx

0 96
    • Marko83
      GaryHiggins

@Marko83 If you mean like x32-edit, not yet-you can experiment with the current apps in demo mode but need to be connected afaik, to do anything meaningful. I'm hoping for a Wing-Edit program myself with the old sync mixer to pc or sync pc to mixer option..

• February 21, 2020
Go to page