• A_Scug
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-18

I've been trying to get the Midas DL16 to connect to the m32 Edit software without connecting it to the M32R console.

I know you can do this with the Behringer stage box, but I haven't had any luck. I've tried Connecting Cat5 cables directly to the computer as well as a network switch and it still won't show up.

I've cycled through Firmware versions of the stagebox and no luck.
    m-32 edit ver. 3.2
    DL-16 ver. 2.4

This should be possible, I think, but I haven't been able to manage it. If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate it very much.

read more...
    0 85
    • A_Scug
      Paul_Vannatto

@A_Scug wrote:

I know you can do this with the Behringer stage box, but I haven't had any luck.

No what you are trying to do is not possible for any stagebox. The M32 Edit (and X32 Edit) can only communicate with the console (M32, X32, etc) via ethernet (UDP) using OSC commands. The stageboxes are connected to the console using the AES50 protocol.

• February 18, 2020
  • Webby
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-18

Hi is there anyway you can footswitch the effects on a Behringer X18 as i need to be able to switch verb off vocals to talk? thanks in advance for any ideas Cheers W

0 64
    • Webby
      RexBeckett

Hello @Webby , welcome to the community.

You can mute the effects on an X18 using Midi. See this thread for information on several footswitch Midi controllers. I find it is best to mute the FX Send rather than FX Return - it sounds less abrupt. It is also good to use a Mute Group in case you want to mute more than one FX.

If you are up for some DIY electronics, there are some ideas here. 

• February 18, 2020
  • Ifum
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-12

Hi

I bought 2 pair of TMS2. Now i serch the datasheet (german availible?) for it. 

0 50
  • NicodeBoer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-11

Hi,

I have a little issue with connecting the DP48 to the M32R.

If I connect the DP48 direct to my M32R console through the AES50 A or B port, The channel names and collors are displayed on the screen of the DP48. But when I connect the DP48 on the DL16 Snake the collors and names aren't displayed.  Please Help

read more...
    0 142
    • NicodeBoer
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Nico @NicodeBoer ,

Welcome to the forum. When was the last time you updated the firmware of the DL16? What firmware version does the DP48 have (shows on the bootup screen)?

:edit: I just setup the DP48 connected through one of my SD8 and it is as you describe. There had been discussion about providing a firmware update for the stageboxes to allow the scribble strip data to pass through. Evidently that did not happen. If you need to have the channel names and color to the DP48, you will need to feed them with a separate AES50 and not daisy chained to the stagebox(s).

• February 11, 2020
    • NicodeBoer
      NicodeBoer

Hi Paul,

The DL16 firmware is 2.4 and the DP48 is 1.2.

As a work around I do connect the DP48 to the AES50 B Port of my console but unfortunately had to use two long Cat cables instemde of ome short and one long one.

Do hou also know by chance whether this problem Will occur if I later connect a HUB 4 to my DL16?

• February 11, 2020
  • deedeeyeah
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-06

hi

i'm looking for ease focus 3 data for the entire flashline mini system - those provided on the homepage for the tops tfs-550h work but for ease 2 and those for the sub tfs-550 are wrongly declared as such (same gll data as for tops which of course isn't the case)...

read more...
    0 64
    • deedeeyeah
      OrsoniRemo

Hi there, the ease focus 3 data for the Flashline mini system are not available. You can find the sub in the "Cabinet" drop-down menu. Best regards

• February 16, 2020
  • remix
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-05

When extracting the signal from aes50, you cannot configure tap (Post EQ, Pre Fader, etc.)?

if I connect 2 s16 to the x32 for aes50-a and the dp48 to the s16 and configure aes50-a for 32 channels, I unconfigured the physical outputs of s16?

Are these doubts correct or am I missing something?

in short it is possible to get all the outputs in dp48 (including MixBus) without deconfiguring the physical outputs of the 2 s16 using only aes50-a? and tap points are possible?

Greetings.

read more...
    0 100
    • remix
      Paul_Vannatto

@remix wrote:

When extracting the signal from aes50, you cannot configure tap (Post EQ, Pre Fader, etc.)?

That would be accomplished during the staging of the individual signals (channels, buses, etc.) using the Out 1-16, Aux Out or Ultranet screens. They have the various taps.

if I connect 2 s16 to the x32 for aes50-a and the dp48 to the s16 and configure aes50-a for 32 channels, I unconfigured the physical outputs of s16?

Are these doubts correct or am I missing something?

Each AES50 feed can handle 48 channels bi-directional (in each direction). The 2 S16 will typically use the first 2 banks of 8 (for the 16 outputs) and if you are using P16 (via Ultranet), they will use the last 2 banks of 8. That leaves 2 banks of 8 (banks 3 and 4) in that AES50 stream. If you need/want more than that for the DP48 you will need to use a second AES50 cable from the console.

• February 5, 2020
  • charlesstrick
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-01

I have been waiting to update to 4.2 is it ready to go or is there something I need to know? Thanks Charles.

0 182
    • charlesstrick
      RexBeckett

@charlesstrick 

I think firmware V4.02 is in good shape now. There may still be bugs but I'm not seeing them in practice. Before you update your console, make sure you have backups of all your scenes, snippets and library presets. V4.xx now prompts you to make a backup if you update firmware through the Setup screen but V3.12 does not.

• February 1, 2020
    • charlesstrick
      charlesstrick

Thanks Rex,  I will give her a go.

• February 1, 2020
  • Guestantoine
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-30

Hello guys,

I'm touring with a band using a voicelive3. We need to buy a spare one we can't find in any shop anymore. 

So we're ready to buy a Voicelive 3 extreme but we would like to know if it's fully compatible. 

We need to load the exactly same preset we made on it. 

Can you confirm me that. 

Thank you

read more...
    0 66
  • evansampson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-28

I was watching a video on youtube from guitar center and noticed the guy stated that the 2 network ports (not aes50 ones) can be used for dante or waves soundgrid. But I also know that they are offering a dante card, so I am confused if you need to buy the expansion card or if dante is built in...

84F1B617-3B3B-426C-BE06-9EA290D43934.jpeg
    read more...
    0 448
    • evansampson
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @evansampson 

Dante is not built-in natively but will be an available pre-installed internal card option in the future. Along with the standard WING configuration, there will be versions that include either a Dante or Soundgrid card internally. This is in addition to the expansion card slot, that will also have those same options and more. 

• January 28, 2020
  • Schmeckitup
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-27

Is anyone successfully using the v4 firmware with iPad control? I'm not seeing an update on the App Store to match the current firmware. 
    I was hoping to use the soft patch feature on our upcoming tour but I'm afraid I'll break our system if I try and upgrade. 

read more...
    0 174
    • Schmeckitup
      DaveMorrison

@Schmeckitup 

The mixing part works fine. I haven't (and won't) try any type of routing with the iPad App. I would use either my computer running X32-Edit or Mixing Station to make any type of routing or assignment changes.

• January 27, 2020
    • Schmeckitup
      Schmeckitup

Understood. Will the order of channels in the iPad app reflect channel order created on the board though? We have some hard patched channels that would be great to visually reorder to make cue mixes make more sense. 

• January 27, 2020
    • Schmeckitup
      DaveMorrison

@Schmeckitup 

It follows the order of the mixer channels; It doesn't matter how they're soft patched. It's in banks of 8. 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32, Aux 1-8..

If you want custom layouts, regular updates, MIDI control, plus the ability to route, get Mixing Station. Although it's a paid app, it's very, very good.

• January 27, 2020
Go to page