0 141
  • LaurMorun
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-21

Hi there!

I am in the process of buying a Pro1.

I have the following questions:

1. Can i use the DL32 stagebox with it?

2. Is there any difference in sound quality between DL32 and DL153 (or any of the blue ones)?

Thanks a lot!

read more...
    0 142
    • LaurMorun
      GaryHiggins

@LaurMorun I don't think the Pro 1 can run at 48K which is the highest clock rate the DL32 can be set for, so if not it won't work. You need the Blue series Midas boxes which run at 96K. As to sound quality, the preamps are supposed to be the same Midas Pro series so they should sound the same but I have never used any Blue series stagebox at 96k.

• January 21, 2020
    • LaurMorun
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @LaurMorun 

Our Pro Series range (and HD) only operates at 96kHz. So as @GaryHiggins said, you will need a 'Blue box' unit, i.e. DL25x, DL231, DL15x, etc. 

• January 21, 2020
    • LaurMorun
      LaurMorun

Thanks a lot, guys! @ChaseMcKnight @GaryHiggins 

• January 22, 2020
  • sungkweon
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-18

Hello, we are M32 and DL32 and Firmware 4.01 users. I think it's just a few errors in the "scene safe" function. In the case of the main fader, the setting "safe" changes every time you change "scene" or the channel's "gain" changes every time you change the scene. Please check.

read more...
    0 128
    • sungkweon
      GaryHiggins

@sungkweon Safes are not saved with a scene...so you are not meaning that correct? Main level is not a selectable safe parameter from that menu or the mixer safe section afaik. If you want the main level to stay put, make sure Safe Main Levels is set on the setup/mixer page. That seems to work ok. The ch gain setting safes (done from "mixer safes" menu at least) work as intended when I tried them. 

• January 18, 2020
  • DavidCarr
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-16

Hello,

We have just updated our behringcer X32 firmware but it hasnt gone according to plan. At first, the update worked fine but non of the input channels were working, they were all blacked out and the select and solo buttons were not lit up. however the DCA bank worked fine. We tried it again and we have 8 channels of the input bank on each layer working, so we are still 4 missing on each layer. We really have no idea why or what is going on. Noticed we are getting 'failed' come up when we restart the desk but then loads up. Any ideas?

read more...
    0 266
    • DavidCarr
      RexBeckett

@DavidCarr 

Hello David, welcome to the community.

It sounds as though the firmware did not install correctly. I would first reinstall firmware V3.12 using this method: Copy the firmware file, on its own, to the root folder of a USB stick. Plug the stick into the console and hold the USB button in while turning the power switch on.

If the console now works correctly, you could retry installing firmware V4.01 using the same method.

• January 15, 2020
    • DavidCarr
      DavidCarr

@RexBeckett 

Thanks for this, How do I restore the old firmware as cant find a link to re download it?

• January 15, 2020
  • PascalGiard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-14

Hi i start firmware update and the m32 crash after saved presets. Im stay on failed screen now. Its 4.01 version...

Help hard reset please.

20200114_105802.jpg
    read more...
    0 99
    • PascalGiard
      RexBeckett

@PascalGiard 

Hello Pascal, welcome to the community.

Place the firmware file, on its own, in the root folder of a USB stick. Plug that into the console USB socket and hold in the USB button while turning on the power. That should reload the firmware and give you a running console.

• January 14, 2020
  • Mikelongmire
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-13

Hi all, what is the level of integration between the M* console series & the DL15* series I/o?

Do all pre-amp controls from the work surface (gain, +48, polarity), work as per the DL16 & 32 units, and importantly, does this level of integration carry through to the M32C being controllled via the edit app or iOS app?

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 189
    • Mikelongmire
      GaryHiggins

@MikelongmireHey Mike IF the DL "blue" stageboxes in question are able to operate at 48K-and some models may also need firmware updates to be recognized-they will work with the M32 series mixers including all the areas you are concerned about (pretty sure). The drawback if there is one is you can't daisy chain these with other Music Group stageboxes like the S/SD/DL16/32. The additional aes50 ports on the 150 series are meant for redundant use with Pro series mixers, not pass through. @ChaseMcKnight is really the guy to ask-he would know for sure.

• January 13, 2020
    • Mikelongmire
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @Mikelongmire 

As @GaryHiggins said, the DL15x I/O boxes work just like the DL16 & DL32 with the exception of daisy-chaining and operating at 44.1kHz. 

• January 14, 2020
  • SoundMonkey
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-12

we have a x32 setup as front of house 

which a laptop is pluged via usb in to send sound effects in to the desk 

we have a x32 rack pluged in on aes50 A to A between rack and console 

how do I route the usb ausio in from the console to the rack for a mutil track recording on the rack ?

new to all this patching and digital desk work 
    thanks  

read more...
    0 143
    • SoundMonkey
      DaveMorrison

Hi @SoundMonkey 

A couple of questions.

Which firmware are you running?

How many USB channels are you sending to the X32 Rack?

How many channels do you have free on the Rack?

Are you using Ultranet?

The reason I ask is up until version 4 firmware, signals were grouped in blocks of eight. There are way around this but knowing specifics helps us find a solution that works for your situation.

It may want to post the current scenes from each console to help us understand the scope of your setup

Here are (older) instructions for saving/uploading a scene. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
      Upload by Choose File at the bottom of the window.

• January 12, 2020
    • SoundMonkey
      SoundMonkey

hi all x32 products are running v4.01 

usb channels 1&2 are going in to console 
      aes50 to rack 
      currently i can see/record all 32 inputs on rack but need to also record the usb audio from console 
      we have less than 16 xlr inputs on console in use so theres at least 16 channels free if you like 
      not using ultranet using aes50 between x32 console and rack  

• January 12, 2020
    • SoundMonkey
      DaveMorrison

@SoundMonkey 

There are many way to do this. Since you're using firmware 4.01, we'll use channel mapping. We just need to put USB 1 & 2 onto the AES50-A bus using Routing:User Out. Are you sending anything else back to the Rack over the digital snake? 

On the Rack, we'll use Routing:User In to take that signal off the AES50 bus and assign it to a pair of channels. Since the User In is assigned in blocks of 8, you'll need to also assign the other 6 channels if you need to use those inputs. 

For an example of this type of routing, I made a video using channel mapping inputs and outputs between two consoles. It might give you an overview of this process. https://youtu.be/Vlrgr-7_7Xc 

• January 12, 2020
  • oidua
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-08

The artist I work for prchased an X32 rack and an S16 (since the X32 rack is really an X16) for their IEM's. So, we have toured with this setup for two years now. I have saved show files/scenes religously. Here's an issue I just came across. We are about a month away from a fly date and decided to not fly the rig since the Samsonite gorillas at Delta last year decided to throw our flight case around smashing the X32R. Needless to say they did not accept responsibility.

Okay, I have arranged for the audio vendor to provide a full sized console (X32/M32) I took the file I saved onto my USB stick and went into my shop to verify the file on an M32. Everything loaded up fine EXCEPT for channels 17-32! Even though I saved the show/scene and individual channel presets, the preamps/headamps for 17-32 did not load up. They are all set at zero. What gives? I was dead sure a saved full channel parameter save would load up. Has anyone else run into this dilema? It can't be a dumb, "oh it's the S16 not an X32 set of channels" thing. Or is it? 

I need to resolve this soon because the IEM rack is in storage on the East Coast and I am on the West. I don't think management is going to pay to fly me to extract that little bit of info and then fly to our gig in Florida.

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 148
    • oidua
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Andrew @oidua ,

Welcome to the forum. The reason why the preamps for channels 17-32 is not what is expected is that the preamps are actually located at the XLR jacks. Therefore the preamps settings are not part of the channel strip data (OSC commands starting with /ch). Instead it is part of the /headamp OSC command section of the scene file. You were using the X32 Rack inputs (Local) probably for channels 1-16 and the S16 for channels 17-32 (AES50). Transferring those scene files to the full size M32, you are expecting these preamp settings to automatically become Local (1-32), and they are not. 

There is a solution using X32 Scene Parser. It has a a headamps tool that can transfer headamp settings from sets of 8 (eg. AES50 A1-8) to other sets of 8 (eg. Local 17-24). This will create a snippet that can be then merged with the current scene file. If you need help with Scene Parser, let me know.

The other option to transfer these settings is to go to the Setup, preamps screen and look at the appropriate AES50 set of 8, write down those settings then apply them on the appropriate Local set of 8.

• January 8, 2020
    • oidua
      GaryHiggins

I think it very well could be the issue of the s16. A Rack only has 16 preamps, if you were incorporating S16 aes50 ch's when you saved it and there are none used, none attached on the full desk when you load it up, it makes sense to me they might not register when local ch's show up in their place. 

Edit: Sorry Paul, I type mighty slow! Didn't see you reply

• January 8, 2020
    • oidua
      oidua

Hey Paul,

thanks for responding .I figured this would be the weak point of using this system. So is it possible to get the information from the file or do I have to fly across country to get the info from the X32/S16? All other digital console files tend to retain all scope info within scene/show files. 

• January 8, 2020
    • oidua
      Paul_Vannatto

@oidua wrote:

So is it possible to get the information from the file  

Yes indeed. Import your show file into X32-Edit (or M32-Edit). Then go to the Setup, preamps screen. If you used AES50 port A (on the back of the X32 Rack), select the AES50 A1-8 and the first 8 gain and phantom from the S16 will be there. You can write them down, then change to the Local 17-24 and make the necessary changes. Do the same with the AES50 A9-16 and Local 25-32. But if you have many scenes, that is going to get tedious very quickly. That is why I suggested you use Scene Parser. 

• January 8, 2020
    • oidua
      oidua

Paul,

first thing this morning I opened the file and dove right in where you suggested to look. It seems to have worked. Luckily we only save a static scene per show and occasionally update channel presets. 

The show is saved and I learned another new little step in the X/M32. 

Cheers.

• January 9, 2020
  • mitu
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-08

All the faders of x32 raised up n mixer was mute for little time.it happened continue for three days.then after one week I went to next tour same happened I then removed s32 n replaced it with snake cable for next two days.no problem occurred, smoothly the show was completed.now my question is why it happened!is it the problem of s32 or belden cat6e cable.

read more...
    0 180
    • mitu
      GaryHiggins

@mitu  Hello. It could easily be the cable. The symptoms of failure are similar to what happens with improperly shielded cable or damaged acble. Are you using ethercons also? You mention an S32 and X32. Are both devices using the latest firmware?

• January 7, 2020
    • mitu
      GaryHiggins

@mitu I know that Beldon makes a lot of high quality cable BUT the type needed has to be shielded. With shielded rj45's with the shield (or drain wire) attached at BOTH ends...and with Neutrik ethercons attached. 

However, now you say you are using firmware 4.0-DO NOT. There are many probems with that version. There is a newer version 4.01 that might fix your issue!

BUT loud crackling sound is one major symptom of improper or damaged cat5/6 cable.

• January 7, 2020
    • mitu
      mitu

Ok I will  change the cable & keep it on for 2 to 4 hrs then any problem occurs I'll be back.

• January 8, 2020
  • DannyKurywchak
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-02

Hello All,

I've gone through all settings and can't see the difference why only BUS 1 has effects working.  We use the M32C (that I updated to 4.01 because I couldn't get effects working in the other busse) along with the DL32 as a IEM rack system along with a split snake.  After updating the FW to 4.01 I used the clean scene to test other busses and effects work fine.  I tried using my latest scene over the clean install scene with a safe on routing and it still wouldn't allow the other buses to get effects working.  I'm attaching my latest scene, can someone please let me know what I missed?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  

Danny

M32C as IEM using our Split Snake - 12-31-19 - final at Mont Bleu.scn
    read more...
    0 140
    • DannyKurywchak
      DannyKurywchak

Since I know that effects do work on all buses with a clean intialized M32, what is the best way to use safes to load my latest scene after a clean wipe that has all my saved channels labeled and all eq'ing done in hopes to get effects working again without redoing all labeling, eqing, iem aux settings etc?

• January 2, 2020
    • DannyKurywchak
      RexBeckett

@DannyKurywchak 

Hi Danny, the most obvious difference is that the signal tap for all eight FX Returns is set to Pre Fader for buses 1/2 but Post Fader for the other buses:

Channel SendsChannel Sends

This wouldn't stop FX working on the other buses, provided the FX Return faders (Fx1 L .. Fx4 R) were raised for the Main LR mix but they are all right down.

Adding FX Returns to monitor mixes is a compromise: The FX Sends depend on the channel fader levels (post-fader) and therefore so does the level of the FX Return; Monitor sends from channels are usually pre-fader so, when you add FX Returns to a monitor mix you are mixing pre-fader and post-fader signals. The best compromise is probably to take pre-fader sends from the FX Returns as you currently have on buses 1/2.

You can change the signal tap to a bus for all channels at the same time by clicking on the global button on the left before changing the tap.

BTW: I notice you have a potential FX feedback loop in that FX4 Send (Bus 16) is being sent all the FX Returns including its own. This can result in loud digital feedback which is not good for speakers or ears! I suggest you pull all the FX Return faders down for Bus 16.

Bus 16 Sends on FaderBus 16 Sends on Fader

• January 2, 2020
Go to page