Statistics

250,515 members
127,681 posts
  • etiuda
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-30

Does the USB connection work only with Behringer Digital Wireless mics or will it work with other brands? Thanks   

0 221
  • GerardGrobben
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-30
    0 248
  • MatCaird
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-30

Hi All

VL3x;

how do I remove a key assignment that I've accidentally saved with a patch. 

thx in adv

Mat

0 137
    • MatCaird
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @MatCaird,
      Go into the "Vocal" menu, and on the "Harmony" tab, set all the "Mode" parameters ("Mode V1", "Mode V2", etc.) to "NatPlay" (NaturalPlay).  This tells all the harmony voices to listen to the various inputs (guitar, auxiliary, RoomSense, etc.) instead of sticking to a specified key.  Then go back to the "Home" menu and double-tap the "Store" button to save your changes.  Cheers!

• November 13, 2019
  • jackwm2
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-29

iMac 2011. OS 10.13.6 GarageBand 10

I want to connect a Behringer Mixing Board to my computer so that I can record live sound. Which optoion would provide a better recorded sound.

1. A Behringer 1202 FX connected from the Audio Main to the computer through a Line 2 USB cable.

2. A Behringer QX 1202 USB connected directly to the computer through USB.

What are your thought?

Thanks

jackwm2

read more...
    0 84
  • TCH-Spencer
    Triber Alumni
    2019-10-29

Hey folks,
    Just getting the word out that we've relased updates for the Perform-V and Perform-VK mobile apps on iOS.  Users were having issues using the apps after the update to iOS 13, but our team has  created, tested, and released the fix.  Here are the release notes:

• Fixed audio beam crashes caused by iOS 13
    • Fixes to some layout and graphical glitches
    • Greatly improved Audio beam success rates on iPhones, particularly X and XR, audio should only come out of the Bottom speakers now. Issue was the ear speaker was also playing the sound and conflicting. Note this also dramatically lowers the required volumes to transmit the data with Audio.

If you haven't already been prompted to update, you can find the Perform-V app here, and the Perform-VK app here.  Cheers!

read more...
    3 261
    • TCH-Spencer
      BobCacciatore

Though still unable to 'beam' via audio. (iPhone XR iOS 13.1.3)

Perform VK via a lightning to USB adapter works like a champ. 
      Instant downloads- click a preset and in a half second you can audition it. This greatly expands the V series in terms of harmony intervals, variable auto-tuning, and I assume radical Tone settings. Also of note a massive firmware improvement that now allows the Aux and Instrument inputs to mix only into the VK's headphone out. Thus you can monitor your voice and instrument in the headphones but only your voice with effects goes to the PA (House) mix. A+!

• October 29, 2019
  • madoues
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-29

I have an XR18 and was wondering if the P16-M can control it?

The P-16 will receive the audio from the XR-18 and it is an easy task to mix one's own personal mix. However, when playing really small venues without a tech, it would be nice to be able to control the mains of the XR-18 using the P16-M. IOW, it would not be necessary to have a remote for the XR-18 if the P16-M can control it (or at least some of the parameters) remotely.

Is this possible, or is Ultranet one direction only?

Dan

read more...
    0 239
    • madoues
      RexBeckett

@madoues 

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum.

No the P16M cannot control the XR18. As you suspect, Ultranet is a one-way signal path.

You could control the XR18 from a tablet or a smartphone though. Mixing Station is a good app to do this on either Android or iOS devices.

• October 29, 2019
    • madoues
      GaryHiggins

@madoues Well define control, becuse the P16M is still a nice little digital mixer and as such whatever is assigned to its 16 channels can be mixed with (as you know) a fair amount of contol. And whatever is connected to its L/R outputs will gladly be output...so if you connected your foh speakers to its outputs, you surely could mix foh with it. You will have only 16 ch's of 18 but if that's ok why not? I would maybe assign all p16 ch's to direct ch outs, pre eq then you can use the P16M eq for foh color leaving your monitors alone. Maybe save 1 or 2 p16 ch's for your fx returns so you can get a little fx out front. P16 ch assignments are pretty extensive so with some creativity you can probably get something decent. P16 is only one way as Rex said so it can only mix what it is fed but you can feed it a lot!

• October 29, 2019
    • madoues
      madoues

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, a tablet works fine, but being able to mix from a P16-M would have been great.

Guess that's a new product Behringer could look into maybe, a small controller for the XRs.

Dan

• October 30, 2019
  • celoranta
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-29

Hi All.

I'm considering selling off my brand-new X-LIVE card and re-upping to the X-DANTE.  I've got several questions that have not been addressed by online documentation.

1) X-LIVE is able to follow alternate routings for 'playback' and 'recording.' Can X-DANTE do the same, or will this need to be accomplished by manually calling a routing snippet / OSC?  

2) Are there any gotchas with regard to virtual soundchecks over DANTE?  Obviously I'd need to arrange for my own DAW transport.  The channel TRIM settings need to be left alone.   I'd need to route all recorded channels back to their channels of origin.  Anything else?

The end goal here would be to incorporate virtual instruments and plugins alongside my mic/line inputs and multitrack recording devices, all without having to invest in one insanely powerful, USB-tethered, monolithic PC.   I would envision (for example) synths and e-drums on one PC with Dante PCIe, Effects plugins on a second, and a separate recording PC running Dante Virual Sound Card.

Finally, my assumptions regarding routing would be that all 16 of my mic/line inputs would be sent to DANTE-land before they feed the channel strips.  All virtual instrument channels would be submixed in software and sent to DANTE-land from there.  The plugin effects would grab any DANTE channel they need to act upon (whether sourced from virtual or hardware instrument channels), do their processing, and output new DANTE channels.  The x32 channel strips and the recording device would grab an identical set of up to 32 DANTE channels to feed their inputs.  This would need to be grabbed PRE vst plugin interface to ensure the recorded tracks can be played back through realtime effects (rather than striping the effects to tape.) P16 monitoring would grab from the post-DANTE channel strips, and would need to be managed for minimal delay.  Onboard x32 effects could still be applied post-monitoring if the FOH mix is more tolerant of the lag than the P16 mix.  Playing back a multitrack recording would simply feed the channels from (identically-mapped) recording PC outputs...

Typing this actually brought up several more questions...

-I assume the aux send/returns cannot be sourced/returned via the X-DANTE card?  I'd be stuck with hardware connections unless I wanted to plug those hardware connections into yet another DANTE interface?  (And deal with the inherent ever-increasing latency?)

-You may have noticed that I only fed 16 of the 32 mic/line inputs to DANTE in the scenario above.   Despite those channel inputs being fed by DANTE, could I still use the other 16 DANTE card outputs for sending sidechain effects into DANTE land?  Or for taking a rack of hardware synths and 'virtualizing' them for processing and submixing within my VST instrument blocks?

As you can probably imagine, my creativity outpaces my budget.  But I like to understand the lay of the land before I purchase...

Chris

read more...
    0 112
    • celoranta
      -mjk- I know you asked all this some time ago, and no one answered. The simple answer to your questions goes like this: Except for the issues and configuration associated with Dante specifically, the X-Dante card is just another interface card. You can do routing in the X32 exactly as you could with a USB card. FW 4.x has opened up new possibilities with point-to-point routing. The X32 doesn't care if the card is USB or X-Dante. Make sure to make the Dante card the clock master.
      • June 2, 2020
  • romeoesquivel
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-29

I have been using my XR18 with both my Mac and my Ipad (running iOS 15) fine, but as of last update, my XAIR app is no longer working!

As soon as I want to set any channel parameter: gate, EQ, compressor... the app crashes.

I am using last XAIR version 1.6.1

I have been looking to see what to do, but seems that the app is very old.

Is there a newer app to control my great mixer?

read more...
    1 643
    • romeoesquivel
      MusicallySavage

Hi There,

It's true that sometimes updates mess things around. I haven't needed to try any other Apps to control the XR18, but others may be able to help. I'm guessing it's the iOS that got the update. Have you tried rolling it back (Google how to)

But in the meantime... some more brush strokes may help the community with some tips.

Are you connecting both devices through the onboard access point (ie: wireless) or have you connected a router and have a hard wired connection to your laptop, and the iPad is wireless?

Does the App crash through both devices?

Cheers, Luke

• October 31, 2019
    • romeoesquivel
      MusicallySavage

And for some added fun my iPad updated to 13.2

The X Air App now crashes when attempting to adjust Gate/Dyn/EQ and if trying to access Network, Layout or Audio/Midi menu's. Even if using Demo modes. (Reinstalling the App & power cycling the iPad didn't help)

Nice

Windows Laptop works fine.

• October 31, 2019
    • romeoesquivel
      romeoesquivel

yeah... mac laptop works fine too...

it sucks that the X-AIR app in iOS is so outdated... and I urgently need it to run thru my iPad!

Thanks Luke! Hope I can find some help!

• October 31, 2019
    • romeoesquivel
      romeoesquivel

and sorry for the typo... my iPad is running iOS 13.2... not 15!! jeje

• October 31, 2019
    • romeoesquivel
      Panamaeast

I'm having the same problem! Is there a Behringer moderator/gate keeper reading these posts? I was hoping to use my updated iOS 13.2 Generation 6 iPad to run my second XR18 and was dismayed to find out that it continually crashed when trying to access sub layers of the X Air app. I even tried using the Midas version of the software (hoping that it would be further updated) but no luck there either. I deleted and re-installed the app, updated the firmware, burnt incense, chanted, nothing worked.             Seriously, though...HELP!!!!

• November 1, 2019
  • asui
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-29

Where can i relocate the Top columns for the turbosound ip 3000 for purchase  thanks

0 102
  • KellyPeterson
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-29

Is it possible to route efx to the p16? 

0 169
    • KellyPeterson
      DaveMorrison

@KellyPeterson 

Yes. 

If you want to send one of the consoles fx returns to the Ultranet bus, just assign it in the Ultranet:Routing menu. What mixer are you using?

• October 29, 2019
    • KellyPeterson
      RexBeckett

@KellyPeterson 

You could route the FX Returns to spare Ultranet channels if you have some free. Otherwise, you could build mixes of channels and FX Returns on spare buses and route them to Ultranet.

• October 29, 2019
Go to page