Statistics

285,931 members
167,994 posts
  • New
    Cabral13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-02

Hi I am new on Musictribe, can you help me? I need work with stage box of Midas M32 more than 100 meters apart how can I do it? 

0 11
    • Cabral13
      Paul_Vannatto You have a choice of either using a device (eg. Klark Teknick DN9610, any stagebox such as a SD8, any console such as an M32C) as a repeater, or convert AES50 to fibre using a couple of Klark Teknik DN9620 or DN9680 (not cheap).

Before the pandemic hit, one of my yearly events that I provided sound for was the finish line of a runathon (5K and 10K) where they needed 750 feet of speakers (from entrance to parking lot). I used a combination of 2 X32 Racks and stageboxes to cover this distance without any issues.
      • May 2
    • Cabral13
      Cabral13

Thank you, my service bought a klark teknick, I don't know exactly what model, but the Klark Teknick only work at 96 kHz and Midas work at 48 khz

• May 2
    • Cabral13
      GaryHiggins As Paul said, use another stagebox (S/DL16, SD8/SD16) or an X32Rack/Core/M32C in between to break up the 100M into a smaller workable distance. An SD8 is not that expensive and is also extremely useful for other duties after this work problem is over.
      • May 2
    • Cabral13
      Paul_Vannatto I just checked the DN9610 and it does indeed work at either 96 kHz or 48 kHz. I almost bought one a few years ago. Instead I bought an SD8 since it was more versatile.
      • May 2
  • New
    salvo50
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-27

The USB cable of my Big Foot is broken. Where can I find it?

0 6
    • salvo50
      NicJonesMT Hi Salvo50. You will need a standard USB MINI cable and this should allow your Mic to connect to your computer.
      • Mar 28
  • New
    RGREEN8682
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-23

I need 3 ac power adapters for PM 1(personal monitor system). 9v positive tip?

0 5
    • RGREEN8682
      Paul_Vannatto Are you meaning the P1, since the PM1 doesn't have a jack for an external adapter? If so, it requires a negative tip adapter.
      • Mar 23
  • New
    SimonBoomMusic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-05

Hi there,

I hope you can help me with my problem. I'm a drummer, and I thought, that it is a good Idea to have the music on the ear AND on a speaker. So I bought the HA400. But now, I can't listen to music with it, I have plugged in my headphones (with an adapter to a bigger jack plug), my Handy also with a adapter to a bigger jack plug and my box. It is all on the place where it belongs to. Could it be the adapters?

PLEASE help me!!! Ps. srry for my bad english, i come from Austria

read more...
    0 5
    • SimonBoomMusic
      Dale_M Hi there it could very well be the adaptor, your headphones should be a standard stereo jack with 2 black sepeartion rings (like the one in the image) if you are using headphones that have 3 or even 4 rings then they will not be compatible, the same applies if you use an adaptor, your best bet is to borrow/obtain a standard pair of headphones that terminate to a standard 1/4" jack like the image and test again. Any further problems please raise a Technical ticket from the Support tab above and let me know the case number.
      • Mar 6
  • New
    hatfieldshouse
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-24

There seems to be many opinions on using cat 5e with ethercon vs using up to a cat8 with ethercons. I saw this post on music tribe from 2020. I was told in a post it was probably some newby that don't know anything. To me it makes sense. Minimum requirements are cat5e shielded with ethercon ends. Just looking for answers so everyone can be on the same page as far as what we can and can't use. I would like somebody that is highly qualified to give us all the correct answer. I personally have been using cat8 for 3 years with 0 interference or issues. Well here it goes..

Is it safe to use cat5e. cat6, cat7 and cat8 shielded with ethercon ends for AES50?            If not why?

What is the maximum length of each that will work?

Is it OK to use cat8 from the x32 to the router?

Thank you for your help.

read more...
    0 32
    • hatfieldshouse
      GaryHiggins The person who wrote that is far from a newbie and knows more about this (and other MT related info) than most. The amount of people he has helped in these forums over the years is enormous. OK, got that off my chest. I know a bit about this subject also but am NOT a MT representative. That may also make me not highly qualified :-) I am highly experienced though. I'll give you my 2 cents anyway as I have been using Cat7 and Cat8 for aes50 use for several years. Let me first say this: All category cable (every one) since Cat5 says that it is 100% backward compatible with all the type(s) that precede it. NOT a one of them says "except for with aes50 use" IMO that alone seals the deal. It is all "safe" if it meets a few other requirements. It has been established (and officially stated by MT) the MINIMUM cable requirement for aes50 use is Cat5E STP with Ethercons. You NEED shielded cable and rj45's, you NEED ethercons and the cable NEEDS to be grounded to the rj45 case at BOTH cable ends. That is bottom line. You can get Cat5 and Cat6 cable that is NOT shielded (Don't) but ALL Cat7 and Cat8 is 100% shielded, none exists that is not shielded. The deal with length is more subtle and controversial IMO because the "speed" of signal gets intertwined with actual connection capable length. Cat8 for instance is certified to maintain the super SPEED it is capable of for about 100 feet. The mixers and gear we use will never supply such speed so....who cares if a signal sent 40x faster than we use might lose a little speed once over 100 feet. The signals themselves do not just reach 100 feet and stop dead. They follow every other category in that regaard. Maximum speed may not be maintained but the signals sent will still get there and within aes50 spec. I have personally tested over 300 feet of Cat8 (interconnected even, not one long piece) without any problems. The shielding properties of Cat7/8 are vastly superior to all those before it. Shielding is THE big safety concern with aes50 so it's that in spades. Generally, it is also way more flexible. Both those qualities make it a really good choice for me. The maximum of aes50 lengths supported in general is conservatively (and officially) considered to be 80M these days, down from 100M previously. Less is recommended 50M, if you can live with it. Testing for your length and situation is advised before you expect it to work in a given situation. Yes Cat8 is safe for the router and all else IMO. I pretty much use it everywhere these days. Flexibility a big factor in that choice. My 2 cents.
      • Feb 24
    • hatfieldshouse
      Paul_Vannatto I agree with Gary. Whoever told you in a post "it was probably some newby that don't know anything" had no clue what he/she was talking about. Rex was one of the many seasoned users of the older official forum that spent a lot of time and effort (along with myself, Gary and many others) helping Behringer and Midas users worldwide with topics pertaining to the digital consoles. One of the hot topics was that of the AES50 cable, particularly concerning dropouts due to ESD. The resulting conclusions after extensive discussions and testing is that it is critical to use shielded cat5e, cat6, cat7 or cat8 with ethercon ends and verification that there was continuity between the ethercon ends. I've been using a mix of shielded cat6 and cat7 (with ethercons) since 2014 and have never had any issues.

For ethernet between the console and router, shielded cat6, cat7 or cat8 won't hurt. But standard cat5e unshielded also seems to work fine.
      • Feb 24
    • hatfieldshouse
      GaryHiggins

There was/is another heated post over on one of the X32 Facebook user groups about a user who blew out a aes50 port on his Rack. The repair place he used said it was because he used unshielded cable. Many users then piled on (in all to common facebook fashion) to say he voided his warranty, bla bla bla bla bla. I jumped in to basically say "baloney" no way could that be proved even if true AND also supplied a link to (very expensive) UTP aes50 cable still proudly being sold by Midas this very day. The upshot of interest here is apparently now the mixers and stage boxes and other aes50 related gear come with a bright yellow sticker over them saying ONLY use shielded STP with ether cons. I had not seen that or missed it...and Midas STILL proudly sells UTP( I wonder if they add those stickers to this :-) You know sell a product with a bright yellow sticker that says essentially don't use it) Sorry, my actual point here is, at the very least (from seeing the picture someone supplied on Facebook) Those stickers DO NOT say only use Cat5E and I regard that as progress.

• Feb 25
    • hatfieldshouse
      GaryHiggins
      • Feb 25
    • hatfieldshouse
      GaryHiggins
      • Feb 25
  • New
    Chris59
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-14

Are the Speakon connectors on the Behringer KM750 amp dual purpose - Speakon and 1/4" male speaker plug or are they only Speakon?

0 9
  • New
    Studio1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-25

Hello, I purchased a RD-8 from Andertons and it did not come with the US Plug slide adapter.

I was wondering how I can get one or where to get one?

I messaged Behringer support a few days back but no one has replied yet. 

Is there anywhere online I can pick up the US Plug slide adapter thing (sorry do not know the proper name of it)

Thanks

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    Sabrinawijayanti
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-24

Hello and welcome to everyone.

During the recording process in Studio One5, my Wing crackles and pops. 
    I've already loaded the most recent firmware and USB driver, and I've experimented with various latency settings. 
    Is there anyone else who has had similar experience? 
    My laptop, which has 32GB of RAM and an Intel Core i7 processor from the 10th generation, runs Windows 11. 
    Is there any potential that win11 is to blame? Ngobrol Sehat

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    Pipergman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-17

Need to purchase a replacement Cable for the 3-Pedal assembly— (from the 3-pedals to the CDP1000-BK Piano). May I purchase the cable from you? If not, do you have the Part number and a suggestion on where to buy in the (United States). Thank you for your help.

I already submitted Ticket # CAS-497560-X2Y5W9. Ticket status says(problem solved) however there is no answer or information.

read more...
    0 19
    • Pipergman
      Nigel67 Hi Pipergman. I just checked the case for you and the spares team replied to you on the 25/10. It is a good possibility that the e-mail went into your spam / junk mail box, This was the reply to you. Hope this helps.

'Unfortunately we no longer have that cable.  The part number is A71-18006-01807.   A standard midi cable can be hard wired to the pedal pcb to work as the cable.'
      • November 17, 2021
  • Mikki902
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

Im using a usb condenser mic RODE NT-USB and Im thinking to get TC Helicon C1.

Is it possible to connect these 2 things???

e.g. using an XLR conversion cable

Best Regards,

Miki

0 12
    • Mikki902
      Dale_M Hi there, no because the RODE mic is powered via USB and the C1 cannot deliver voltage, the connections on the C1 are for audio only.
      • November 11, 2021
      • About TC Helicon C1 and USB-Mic connection
        Mikki902 uh I see, Thanks!!
        • November 11, 2021
Go to page