Statistics

180,555 members
49,322 posts
  • 2020-09-05

Hi I have UM2 and would like to connect it to my speaker which is Portronics Sound Slick II. Please advise how to connect and what type of cables are required for the same. 

0 3
    • Penelope Nigrel
      Thomas Alexander Hi Penelope, It looks like you should be able to use a to 3.5mm to stereo RCA adapter cable. RCA out to 3.5mm in on the speaker.
      • Sep 6
    • Penelope Nigrel
      Nic Jones Hi Penelope.
      I work in the UK support team.

Thomas Is correct. If you use a Stereo RCA to TRS 3.5mm jack then you should be able to run the audio from your UM2 to the Sound Slick 2.
      • Sep 8
  • 2020-07-23

Question: Will CAT6 digital snake work with Berhinger WING?

0 12
    • Spotlight
      Paul Vannatto Yes, as long as it is shielded and have ethercon ends
      • Jul 23
      • Question: Will CAT6 digital snake work with Berhinger WING?
        Roel Reynders Does it? It's still AES50, not? AES50 is not compatible with CAT6 as far as I know? But maybe they've updatet the protocol?... So if this is possible with Wing why isn't it possible with X or M32? (I don't wanna snap or point any fingers. I know chats can be misinterpreted. These are genuine questions and I will be gratefull if someone can properly answers those...)
        • Jul 24
        Paul Vannatto Where did you hear that cat6 is not compatible with AES50? I've been using cat6 with my X32 for the past 4 years without any issues whatsoever. In fact one of the events I do every year (except for this year due to the Covid-19) is the finish line for a runathon which requires 700' of speakers through the park from entrance to parking lot. I use a 300' cat6, 250' cat6 and a 100' cat5e between 2 X32 Racks and a couple of SD8.
        • Jul 24
        Roel Reynders Right! I think it's based on an assumption from a few years back where we had a problem with a connection. It was not the usual CAT5e. We used a local CAT6 and couldn't get the rack connected. I looked up the specs for AES50 and it stated (I realy don't remember where I found the info but I like to backup my information and be reduandant so I must have looked it up on various articles/specs) that it's not compatible with CAT6. I never went back on it and assumed that the info was correct. Now I will test this with our X32 and also with my WIng. I'm sure your right and we probably just had bad luck with that specific CAT6 which would have been faulty. It's not in the habbit of not double checking but at that time we didn't have the time to do this. And based on the info I found I was convinced. So thank you for pointing this out. We 're never to old to learn...
        • Jul 24