Statistics

261,330 members
140,034 posts
  • New
    jmjacque
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-21

If you want to send your S16 signal via shielded Cat5E cable to 2 different X32 mixers can you split the signal using a standard RJ45 splitter or is there another recommended method?

Thanks!

0 12
    • jmjacque
      Paul_Vannatto No, AES50 is not ethernet compatible. It is a proprietary protocol (SuperMac) that only uses the ethernet physical layer. To connect an S16 to two consoles (X32/M32/Wing), one of the consoles would have to be in between the other and the S16. On the middle console, the routing would need to be assigned to transfer S16 inputs to the other console and outputs of the other consoles would need to be transferred to the S16 (in the Routing, AES50 screen).
      • Oct 21
  • New
    DavidAbera
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-03

i have a problem Behringer X32 rack sync  to S16

please help me 

0 50
    • DavidAbera
      Paul_Vannatto Is the X32 Rack set to master clock (setup, config, sychronization -> Internal)?
      Is the S16 set to mode 1 (all lights, eg Out+8, SN Master, etc. are off)?
      Do you have the AES50 cable plugged into the S16 AES50 A port?
      Have you tried another AES50 cable (yes they can go bad)?
      • Jul 3
    • DavidAbera
      DavidAbera Yes, I've tried all of them, but unfortunately it didn't work out.
      • Jul 3
    • DavidAbera
      Paul_Vannatto Have you updated the firmware to the S16 and X32 Rack to the latest?
      • Jul 3
    • DavidAbera
      DavidAbera I think the RJ45 socket A and B of the Berhringer X32 mixer is defective
      • Jul 3
    • DavidAbera
      Paul_Vannatto So you have the X32 Rack as master clock, the S16 in mode 1, the AES50 cable in the S16 port A, and S16 and X32 Rack firmware are both up to date, and you have tried other AES50 cables? If so, I would suggest you submit a ticket (click on Support above) to tech support to see about getting it repaired.
      • Jul 3
  • New
    Bearprod1nc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-18

Which device is best for connecting my iPad directly to the X32 rack via ethernet cable.

0 46
  • New
    Pastorwife
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-02

Of like to be able to send out service to Facebook live using for cable and I have no clue how, I've looked at many YouTube videos but none show me step by step set up from where to plug it in the back output to getting all Musician's in. Thank You very much 

read more...
    0 68
  • New
    h941224
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14
    I wonder this cable's shield is S-FTP (Screened shielded twisted pair) or UTP shields ???
    0 73
  • New
    cindysellers
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

We have acquired two Eurolive B205Ds.  Can I connect them using XLR cable from Thru on the first unit to the Main in on the second one?

0 95
  • Siloe7
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-07

I am about to purchase the S32 digital snake for our church's X32 console. What is the best Ethernet connection I need to purchase? We will be running it about 100 feet. 

0 92
    • Siloe7
      Siloe7 I have read that I might need a CAT5e cable but needs to be shielded. Not sure if CAT6 works?
      • October 6, 2020
      • S32 Ethernet cable
        GaryHiggins Cat 5e shielded with ethercons, cat6 shielded with ethercons, or cat7 and cat8 with ethercons all will work. Shielded is a must. (All cat7/8 is shielded). Ethercons also should be used.
        • ·
        • October 6, 2020
      • S32 Ethernet cable
        Siloe7 Thank you so much! Helped a lot!
        • October 6, 2020
      • S32 Ethernet cable
        Nigel67 Just as a side note to Gary's comments which are correct, although we have never made any tests or statements with using CAT6, 7 or 8, I would advise that you use stranded core cables and not solid core unless you are installing it behind walls as I have seen to many intermittencies in connections over the years and definitely shielded
        • October 6, 2020
      • S32 Ethernet cable
        Siloe7 Thank you Nigel!
        • October 7, 2020
  • jeffconnective
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-01

I had two S16s connected (one as MASTER and the other as SPLITTER) and it worked for weeks. All of the sudden, they don't connect anymore. The AE550 light is blinking for channel A on both units, but it's intermittent and in no discernable pattern. Please help!

read more...
    0 160
    • jeffconnective
      Nigel67 Hi Jeff. It could be the clock playing up on the master unit. None of the settings have been accidentally changed? For test purposes, have you swapped the clocking on the units, i.e made the slave the master and master the slave to see if that fixes the issue. How long is your stp CAT5E cable between the units? Due to the fact that the AES50 is flashing on both units, my initial thought would be that the Master unit is faulty. Do you have any other gear with AES50 connections on that you could sync up to each box to identify where the issue lies? Once identified, you will need to go to the support tab at the top of the page and submit a service request ticket and a colleague will be able to book the unit in for repair.
      • September 30, 2020
    • jeffconnective
      Paul_Vannatto I would strongly recommend trying another AES50 cable. I just consulted with someone the other day with similar symptoms and it was the cable at fault (yes they can go bad).
      • October 1, 2020