Statistics

187,704 members
57,651 posts
  • 2020-10-07

I am about to purchase the S32 digital snake for our church's X32 console. What is the best Ethernet connection I need to purchase? We will be running it about 100 feet. 

0 14
    • Rogelio  Lopez
      Rogelio Lopez I have read that I might need a CAT5e cable but needs to be shielded. Not sure if CAT6 works?
      • Oct 6
      • S32 Ethernet cable
        Gary Higgins Cat 5e shielded with ethercons, cat6 shielded with ethercons, or cat7 and cat8 with ethercons all will work. Shielded is a must. (All cat7/8 is shielded). Ethercons also should be used.
        • ·
        • Oct 6
      • S32 Ethernet cable
        Rogelio Lopez Thank you so much! Helped a lot!
        • Oct 6
      • S32 Ethernet cable
        Nigel Turner Just as a side note to Gary's comments which are correct, although we have never made any tests or statements with using CAT6, 7 or 8, I would advise that you use stranded core cables and not solid core unless you are installing it behind walls as I have seen to many intermittencies in connections over the years and definitely shielded
        • Oct 6
      • S32 Ethernet cable
        Rogelio Lopez Thank you Nigel!
        • Oct 7
  • 2020-10-01

I had two S16s connected (one as MASTER and the other as SPLITTER) and it worked for weeks. All of the sudden, they don't connect anymore. The AE550 light is blinking for channel A on both units, but it's intermittent and in no discernable pattern. Please help!

read more...
    0 14
    • Jeff Fulton
      Nigel Turner Hi Jeff. It could be the clock playing up on the master unit. None of the settings have been accidentally changed? For test purposes, have you swapped the clocking on the units, i.e made the slave the master and master the slave to see if that fixes the issue. How long is your stp CAT5E cable between the units? Due to the fact that the AES50 is flashing on both units, my initial thought would be that the Master unit is faulty. Do you have any other gear with AES50 connections on that you could sync up to each box to identify where the issue lies? Once identified, you will need to go to the support tab at the top of the page and submit a service request ticket and a colleague will be able to book the unit in for repair.
      • Sep 30
    • Jeff Fulton
      Paul Vannatto I would strongly recommend trying another AES50 cable. I just consulted with someone the other day with similar symptoms and it was the cable at fault (yes they can go bad).
      • Oct 1