Statistics

187,348 members
57,224 posts
  • Hello,

I run a circus theatre company who put on performances outdoors.

We've been touring with a Behringer PMP500 & Dynacord a112 12” passive speakers. They've done everything we have needed so far, however the Behringer PMP500 has a few issues and we're looking for a replacement.

I'm not sure whether to buy a straight replacement of the same model, or whether I could buy something a bit more powerful whilst I'm at it? Will the speakers I have be able to take it?

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated! (I know next to nothing about sound equipment so feel free to state the obvious also)

Cheers,
    Edd

read more...
    0 8
    • Edward Livesey-Casey
      Rex Beckett Hello Edd, the specification for the Dynacord A112 lists the peak power handling as 1000 Watts. I think you could upgrade to a PMP4000 or PMP6000 mixer if the additional channels or flexibility would be a benefit. Both of these mixers have about twice the output power than the PMP500 but are still within the capabilities of your speakers.

If you want it even louder, get two additional A112 speakers and connect them in parallel to the current ones. Both the PMP4000 and PMP6000 would drive either two or four A112 8 Ohm speakers.
      • Oct 21
      • Which Behringer PMP?
        Edward Livesey-Casey Hi Rex,
        Thank you so much for your reply, it's really useful.
        Somebody else suggested I might be better going for the following: https://www.thomann.de/de/yamaha_emx_5.htm
        Do you have any thoughts on the Yamaha EMX 5?
        Thanks again!
        • Oct 21
      • Which Behringer PMP?
        Rex Beckett I don't have any personal experience of the EMX 5 but it has similar facilities to your existing PMP 500 and about double the output power. The EMX 5 lacks the graphic EQ but has a simpler, one knob control which may be easier for your application. The choice depends on a couple of factors:

Do you want a desktop style mixer with faders or would a box style with rotary level controls be OK. Faders can be better when there is a sound engineer riding the levels. The box format can be more convenient for set-and-forget applications.

Could you benefit from additional mic or line channels in the future? The EMX 5 has a similar line-up to the PMP500 so would not give much upside - except for the output power.
        • Oct 21
  • 2020-10-13

I have a preamp with a Line: Max. 11volts/1Kohms. Which sensitivity input should I use on my KM750...0.77, 26dB or 1.4 volts.

Thanks in advance, folks.

0 10
  • 2020-10-09

Looking for a replacement power switch for a epx4000?

0 11
    • Anthony Dorris
      Kyle Johnson Hi Anthony, Kyle from Music Tribe here. For spare parts inquiries, please submit a Support ticket by clicking the Support link at the top of the page.
      • Oct 9
  • 2020-09-28

i have a Behringer INUKE nu6000 which stop powering up, i am trying to find an authorize Behringer service center in connecticut , can anyone help.

Frank

0 18
    • Frank Johnson
      Kyle Johnson Hi Frank, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Please submit a Support ticket by clicking the Support link at the top of the page.
      • Sep 28
  • 2020-09-28
    Did you know that Lab.Gruppen amplifiers were used on every single one of the top ten grossing tours of 2019?

read more...
    0 3
  • 2020-09-27

I need a replacement mode switch for a behringer europower pmp2000 P.a .

0 8
    • Casey feagin
      Rex Beckett I suggest that you open a Care ticket for this. At the top of this page, click Support -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Spare Parts. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • Sep 27
    • Casey feagin
      Casey feagin I Have. I haven't heard anything back yet.
      • Sep 28
  • 2020-09-11

Recently purchased this amp and wanted to set it up with 4 independently adjustable mono outs.

I have Main LR as input from my X32 connected to input A and B and amp set to mono. Output for A and B is identical and adjusts with the control knob for channel A. No separate response on channel B.

Pretty sure I'm doing something incorrectly...

read more...
    0 12
    • Joshua Perkins
      Joshua Perkins Just noticed that channels B and D wire to 2+ and 2-.
      • Sep 11
      • Behringer NX4-6000 Output Configuration
        Dave Morrison The signal to B and D are present on both "A" (2+, 2-) & "B" (1+, 1-) and "C" (2+, 2-) & "D" (1+, 1-) respectively. You don't need 4 pole cables unless you want to send both signals down one cable.
        • Sep 11
    • Joshua Perkins
      Joshua Perkins Could that cause this issue? My apologies, I do not have any 4 pole SpeakONs on hand to try...
      • Sep 11
    • Joshua Perkins
      Dave Morrison Don't set the switch to "mono", use "stereo" instead. Mono will send input "A" to both amplifier "A" and "B". The same is true for C and D
      • Sep 11
  • 2020-08-25

Sign-up, join the Music Tribe Community Development Program and become a beta-tester! Become part of the team, help with testing upcoming products, tell the world about them in a video and receive a free unit as a reward! You must meet these criteria:

• great knowledge about loudspeakers
      • willing to test a beta product
      • willing to produce a video about the product

In return, we reward you with a free finished product!

Due to a great and high response, SIGN UP CURRENTLY CLOSED.

If you have questions, please let me know. You can sign up for multiple product categories at once (for example loudspeakers, mixers and more).

Thanks!
    Aidan

read more...
    0 8
    • Aidan Belizaire
      pete mehrmann Hi Aldan, This opportunity SOUNDS great. I'd like to HEAR more.. Looking forward to Listening to more. Thanks, Pete
      • Aug 25
      • Beta-Testers Wanted
        Aidan Belizaire Hey Pete! FANTASTIC. Did you sign up at the hyperlink above? If not please do that and I'll get back to you! Gracias!
        • Aug 25
  • 2020-08-17

Hello,

I'm a federal contractor that requires equipment from a TAA country.  So the items cannot be made in China and certain other countries.   Where is the E 8:2 made? or country of origin

TAA - Trade Agreement Act 

Thanks

GK

read more...
    0 15
    • Eugene Kim
      David Knighton Hi Gdlpro,
      If you look at the image of the rear panel on the far right side, you'll see the unit is manufactured in Thailand.
      https://www.labgruppen.com/labgruppen/product?modelCode=P0CPL
      • Aug 17
    • Eugene Kim
      Eugene Kim Thank you, ok since Thailand is not a TAA country this equipment cannot be used in Federal installations
      • Aug 17
    • Eugene Kim
      Alexander Lane Hi there,

Correct that E series is made in Thailand, however there are other Lab.gruppen models which are made in Sweden that might suit your requirements. I believe Sweden is on the TAA compliant list :)

D Series (2U version not slimline)
      PLM+ series
      FP+ Series
      C Series

Hope that helps!
      • Aug 21
  • 2020-08-06

I have several iNukes the fans have quit working in. Is there an easy fix? or a repair depot? I am really frustrated with the current support setup create a ticket and it sits for days...........

0 10
    • Chris Williams
      Chris Edwards Hi cwilliams4816, could you please share your case number and I will look into the current status of this for you.
      • Aug 6
      • Fans do not work iNuke NU4-6000
        Chris Williams CAS-126264-Q2X1Y9 this is on my NX6000 with protect issues, this is in addition to 2 - NU4-6000's with fan issues, I figured making a ticket for the fan issues was pointless I just want to get them repaired.
        • Aug 7
    • Chris Williams
      Chris Edwards Hi cwilliams4816, thanks for providing this. Upon checking I can see my colleague William reached out to you on the 07/08/2020, could you please confirm if you have received his email? Please check your spam and junk folders if you cannot find anything in your main inbox. If you cannot find it please let me know and I will request it to be resent.
      • Aug 9
    • Chris Williams
      Chris Williams I did not find the email in any of my accounts. It may have been lost.
      • Aug 10
    • Chris Williams
      Chris Edwards Hi cwilliams4816, thank you for letting me know. I have asked my colleague William to reach out to you again. Please keep an eye on your spam and junk folders as well as your main inbox for his reply.
      • Aug 10
Go to page