Statistics

206,982 members
78,996 posts
  • New
    Riehmulus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

I have four CVS 6 ceiling speakers that have a transformer tap control. These speakers will be the front elevation and rear surround. Can anyone please tell me what setting I should use for a home receiver that does 100 W x7 at 6 or 8 ohms?

read more...
    0 3
    • Riehmulus
      DavidKnighton Hello Riehmulus,
      For 8 Ohm output on a home receiver, you need to tap the LoZ setting on the transformer. Any other setting will go through a transformer tap, and you don't really want that for a home receiver.
      • Fri at 8:11 AM
    • Riehmulus
      Riehmulus Awesome. Is there a recommended pin usage for the molex connector?
      • Fri at 8:23 AM
    • Riehmulus
      Riehmulus I used pin 1 & 2 on one speaker and 3 & 4 on another and seems to get the same output level
      • Fri at 8:24 AM
      • Tannoy CVS 6 transformer tap
        DavidKnighton Are you referring to the speaker input? I do believe 1/2 is parallel to 3/4, so it shouldn't really matter. These speakers are designed to be daisy chain in the masses, but only in 70V/100V operation.
        • Fri at 9:27 AM
  • New
    AndreaPoli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Hello, I wired my System 1200 in biamp mode, using an electronic crossover, I would like to know how and if I have to detach the one inside the speakers.

kind regards

0 4
    • AndreaPoli
      DavidKnighton Hello Andrea,
      Generally speaking, most 2-way speakers will have a built in crossover, so you don't need to use an external crossover. If you favor an external crossover, you do need to connect the external crossover outputs straight to the low/high drivers directly, bypassing the internal crossover. This might be a problem for you, as the System 1200 appears to only have a single pair of terminals. For external Bi-Amp, you'd need two pairs of terminals, one pair connecting to the low driver, and one pair connecting to the high driver. This will require some modification to the cabinet in order to work. If you want my opinion on the matter, you should leave the cabinet as is and utilize the internal crossover, as the system sounds stellar on it's own.
      • Fri at 8:17 AM
    • AndreaPoli
      AndreaPoli Hi, David
      First of all I wanted to thank you for answering me,
      the System 1200 model has two terminals, the first for the bass and the second for the highs, luckily I just had to disconnect the internal crossover and rewire the tweeter and the woofer to the correct terminals, the sound is incredible, you just need to have some tricks in the calibration of the external crossover which has now been set up correctly. Thanks again for the advice??
      • Fri at 11:57 AM
      • Tannoy System 1200 Bi-Amped
        DavidKnighton Hello Andrea,
        That's odd, the one I was looking at online appeared to only have a single pair of terminals. It's possible I was looking at the wrong model. Can you send a pic of your rear panel?
        • Fri at 12:58 PM
      • Tannoy System 1200 Bi-Amped
        DavidKnighton Just realized my computer brightness was turned down and I couldn't see the black terminals against the speaker cabinet. My bad!
        • Fri at 1:01 PM
  • New
    AndreaPoli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

Buongiorno, ho cablato le mie System 1200 in biamp mode, utilizzando un crossover elettronico, vorrei sapere come e se dover distaccare quello interno alle casse.

cordiali saluti

0 1
  • New
    Pavlo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-14

Hello, I have purchased a behringer Europort mpa100BT. Something's cracked inside, I can't connect via usb. Can I fix this somehow?

0 3
    • Pavlo
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Pavlo, please note if you are trying to connect the speaker to a laptop this will not work as the USB is for use only with a wireless receiver dongle.

With regards to the crackle is this noise appearing when playing music via both inputs and even streaming over MP3? If so I would recommend you submit a service request ticket by going to support at the top of the page and scrolling down to the required section.
      • Thu at 11:53 PM
    • Pavlo
      Pavlo Hi)connected via bluetooth from various devices, does not work. The bluetooth button does not light up. I'm just in Africa and it's problematic for me to apply for a service. Please tell me, I can buy all the bluetooth board to replace it and how much will it cost
      • Fri at 6:26 AM
      •  behringer Europort mpa100BT.
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi Pavlo, thanks for your response. For parts availability and pricing please submit a parts request ticket following the same method as mentioned for a service request, however, please choose parts.
        • Fri at 6:47 AM
  • New
    BenNorris21
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

Any reviews on Live Mini. I am a consumer from US, it is hard to find reviews for this and it appears to be sold out or not in stock at many places. 

0 3
    • BenNorris21
      PedroRodrigues Hi BenNorris, please be aware that regarding your question I can say that the unit is not discontinued, regarding any information about availability as this process is managed by third part companies we do not have access to that information and you must follow the link below and contact our distribution chain to gain access to this information
      https://www.tannoy.com/buy.html

In Regard of reviews on this product we suggest performing a search on any of the search engines available to research the information you require as we do not have access to information for third party companies, it will also useful to follow the link below to access the product page for this unit to gather more information on this matter
      https://www.tannoy.com/tannoy/product?modelCode=P0BNZ

Thank you
      • Thu at 12:13 AM
  • New
    AdamE007
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

Hi all. Does anybody know what is the definition of a Tannoy Grade B speaker ? BW Adam 

0 4
    • AdamE007
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi AdamE007, the definition of this will vary between distributors/resellers so it is best to fully check this with the place that is selling them, however, in most cases B grade will refer to something that has been returned within the first 30 days of the sale and can no longer be sold as A stock. This can sometimes include Ex-Demo but in most cases this will be listed differently. The product could also show slight signs of cosmetic issues.

I would highly recommend checking this with the place they are being listed though as stated their definition may be slighlty different.
      • Tue at 11:57 PM
      • Tannoy grade B speakers
        AdamE007 Thanks Chris. Interesting ! Nimtronics have 2x pairs of grade B unopened GR Canterbury’s for sale. In the 1st instance, I have asked for photos, serial numbers, proof of purchase and a QC certificate ... can you think of anything else ? BW Adam
        • ·
        • Wed at 2:00 PM
      • Tannoy grade B speakers
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi AdamE007, looks like you have all basis covered if i am honest. If they can provide any further general history this could be good but i think from the information you have requested it should give you enough background.
        • Wed at 11:47 PM
  • New
    Sault8487
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-11

Hello. I have an Xair 12 and would like to use passive stage monitors to eliminate a few cables on the floor. What would be the best way to do this?

0 7
    • Sault8487
      Sault8487 I am using a Crown XLi 800 amp to power my main L and R passive speakers. Could I use an additional crown amp to power the Aux 1 and 2 for the stage monitors?
      • Mon at 12:38 PM
    • Sault8487
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. You would need to use an additional amplifier. Depending on the model (And power ratings) of Passive monitors you use, you could look at the Behringer NX1000, NX3000 or NX6000 to power them.
      • Mon at 3:31 PM
    • Sault8487
      RexBeckett Hello Sault8487, if you want to use passive stage monitors then you will need power amps to drive them. The Aux outputs on an XR12 should be suitable for feeding most power amps. The Crown XLi 800 may be suitable if it matches the power rating and impedance of your speakers.
      • Mon at 3:36 PM
    • Sault8487
      Sault8487 That’s what I figured. Thanks for the comments!
      • Mon at 3:39 PM
  • New
    geoffkirsten
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-11

Good Day

I am looking to buy two IP2000 v2 from Thurman.de and have them delivered in Lisbon Portugal. Will i still retain my warrenty as its out of the country where it was bought?

And what kind of after sales service is there in Portugal for Turbo Sound in genral?

last question: If i link the two speakers, do i then get the use of 6 channels, or can I only use the cannels on the primary unit and not the slave unit.

read more...
    0 5
    • geoffkirsten
      PedroRodrigues Hi geoffkirsten yes you would, Thomann will honor the warranty status of the IP2000 for any of the EU countries
      • Tue at 12:00 AM
  • New
    Nusty
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-10

Hallo,

gibt es auch eine normale Anleitung und nicht nur eine QuickStart Anleitung für den Turbosound iQ12?

Wo finde ich die Software zum verbinden PC mit den Lautsprecher?

Gruß Nusty

0 3
  • New
    rogerwoods99
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-08

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows of a wall bracket that would be suitable for Revolution R1 speakers? We currently have a bracket that the speaker sits on, but this is quite large and not visually pleasing. I am looking for a bracket that could screw onto the back of the speaker and be much less obtrusive.

Regards

Roger Woods

read more...
    0 4
Go to page