Statistics

305,631 members
189,951 posts
  • New
    btownsend
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-24

My Tannoy Reveal 502 speakers constantly make a repeated thump, thump, thump type sound. This occurred when I first installed, so I plugged them into a Furman M-8Dxpower conditioner. That did away with the sound, but now, just a few days later, the sound is back. How can I get rid of this sound?  I have not heard this from speakers from Creative Labs or Yamaha, only the Tannoy. 

read more...
    0 2
    • btownsend
      WilliamR Hello, please click on the service link above and create a tech support case, an agent will get in touch with you ASAP.
      • Oct 24
  • New
    Raymmmondo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-15

Hello out there, Big-time newbie here. I just inherited a pair of Tannoy Reveal series speakers and I wonder how I might be able to use them. The are heavy, and have AC cords so I would call them "powered" "studio monitors". The input hardware is what I would call "XLR" with 1/4" phone jack centers.

How can I get the signal from a television to them? Is there an easy way to go from mini headphone jack output into them? And get stereo separation? (I had been going from the headphone jack output to RCA plug cables into a stereo receiver that went out through plain speaker wire to non-powered speakers, but the receiver died.)

Thank you for your consideration!

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    Quinn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-10

One of my Tannoy self-powered speakers recently "blew", with minimal but audible output and no visible or audible woofer damage and intact amp/speaker connections. Is it worth checking/replacing the internal fuse?

0 2
  • New
    cristsitou
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-10-06

Hello,

I own a pair of ellipse 8 and on of them stays on stand by mode (orange led) and doesn't operate,

after many months of suffering and strugling with greek support electronic authorized tannoy representatives, not only did my problem was not fixed, but I found an honest electonic here in Thessaloniki who opened the back of the speaker and found that seneral parts was injured or missing.

Please send me the service manual so that we can see the parts that are missing or damaged and to repair it localy

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    TScanlon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-04

Is there any reason I cannot use a 1/4" TRS splitter to plug different audio sources into the monitors?

Here is what I am thinking:

USB AUDIO INTERFACE (Left Out)------------------->                      

( TRS Splitter) --------->  MONITOR (L)

|--->

USB AUDIO INTERFACE (Right out)  --------------|

|     |

MIXER (Left Out) ------------------------------|     |

|--> 

(TRS Splitter) --------->  MONITOR (R)

MIXER (Right Out) --------------------------------------> 

Sorry for the crude looking ASCII. 

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    Pkross
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-29

I've blown one of mine, and have sourced a replacement driver.

I've unscrewed the cabinet, and found a second chamber, unscrewed that and I can't seem to get access to to the tweeter.

Does anyone know how to get in and replace it?

I can't find a service or dissembly manual anywhere.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 5
    • Pkross
      Pkross Unscrew two baffles and detached the bezel. Unscrewed the driver, reversed the process and I'm done.
      • Sep 28
  • New
    rodde
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-09

Hi,

my link cable seems to be broken. Where can I get a new one?

0 4
  • New
    RiccardoFoti
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-31

hi there, i need this spare part, because my tweeter has burnt and blown out for a bad volume mistake.

here in Italy is very difficult to find: is there anybody who knows a seller o could indicate me a totally compatible tweeter for the truth 2031A monitor please?

thanks in advance

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    Benzjohnson01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-15

Hi, does anyone know what size nut is used to secure the quarter inch Jack input on the back of a Behringer Truth 2 monitor. It looks like a very low profile M10 but not sure. Thanks 

0 16
    • Benzjohnson01
      Nigel67 Hi Benzjohnson01. According to the parts list, it is a HEX. NUT;FOR JACK;M3/8in;HEXWRENCH:11mm;THICKNESS:2mm;SURFACE:NICKEL/SLV
      • Aug 15
  • New
    Fergusonaudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-01

Hi,

I am looking for a replacement tweeter for one of my TANNOY Reveal 6-D tweeter. I need the entire unit, not just diaphram.

CAn someone help? It has been a real challenge trying to locate anything.

Thanks

0 7
Go to page