Statistics

254,238 members
131,904 posts
  • New
    BarredOwl
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-20

Does anyone know about getting the drivers 'rejuvenated' ? I have some cone rub sounds in one speaker. I love them and want to make them sound like new again. Any advice? 

0 3
    • BarredOwl
      Nigel67 Hi BarredOwl. in which Country do you reside? The only company that I know who recone speakers or who may have replacement drivers are in the UK and are Lockwood Audio - http://www.lockwoodaudio.co.uk/tannoy.htm. There is also a ebay seller who goes by the name of MainlyTannoy, but I think he only sells spares, but it may be worth looking him up in case he knows of anyone else around the world who can re-cone / rejuvinate speakers. Finally, there is a website that has masses of information on old Tannoy loudspeakers, but they also have a forum that you could join and ask the question there. https://www.hilberink.nl/speaker.htm. Sorry, one more place you could ask is on the various Tannoy Facebook sites such as this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/1833478533338036, but there are various others with passionate members around the world as well if you search for Tannoy. Hope this helps
      • Wed at 10:28 PM
  • New
    Mgrenwic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-05

Hello,

Is it accurate that the Tannoy XT6F speaker has now been discontinued?

0 6
  • New
    Ka7niq
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-05

I bought some Tannoy DI8 DC Speakers, and I am unable to listen to them because they have a weird connector on them.

I have been unable to find this type of connector anywhere! Can anyone help me ?

0 3
  • New
    siddsmarty5
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-03

Hi am interested in buying the Tannoy Cheviot Loudspeakers. Where can i take a demo and buy in London?

0 12
  • New
    siddsmarty5
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-05

Do you have a distributor in India for your HiFi range of speakers?

0 47
    • siddsmarty5
      Nigel67 Hi siddsmarty5. At the present time it appears that we do not have a distributor in India. For our closest partner please go to this link and enter the country closest to you. Many thanks
      https://www.tannoy.com/buy.html?type=STORE
      You could try Alphatec Audio Video (http://www.alphatec.co.in/) however I am unsure whether they sell HiFi speakers.
      ALPHATEC AUDIO VIDEO PVT LTD
      D/7, 33 , Bhumi World Industrial Park. Pimpalas, Bhiwandi, Thane.
      India
      Ph:- 7008250861 , 8851818143
      • Aug 5
    • siddsmarty5
      siddsmarty5

Thanks Nigel. Does your china distributor sell the Tannoy range of HiFi speakers? If yes then could you kindly send me your China distributor details as am not able to open their website given on your site. Thanks

• Aug 5
  • New
    valeriid
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-02

Hi,

My TANNOY REVOLUTION XT8F loudspeeker has the twitter fault (I can see this from measurement in my separate test sound path).

Who can help me with my problem in Scotland, UK?

Regards

0 43
    • valeriid
      DavidKnighton Hello valeriid,
      Please click the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page and submit a SERVICE REQUEST ticket. Be sure to provide your address information so we can locate your nearest service location.
      • Aug 2
      • REVOLUTION XT8F twitter (or coaxial dual concentric driver in assembly) replacement in the UK (no warranty)
        valeriid Hi, Unfortunately service ticket doesn't contain fields for address. My postal code is AB22 8JR, it's Aberdeen, UK. I think it is enough to help you find the nearest service location for me.
        • Aug 3
  • New
    Bruzar4
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-30

Hi

Just bought a pair of 12" tannoys with no identification apart from a serial number 31/200090. Can anyone help identify model?

Thanks

Bruce

0 44
  • New
    Vitaliy17600
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-10

Behringer dr115dsp,  работала от бензогенератора, внезапно сгорел элемент, на фото есть этот транзистор с рабочей колонки, но нет нигде схемы, не могу отремонтировать не зная схему, элемент с надписью"24"

read more...
    0 102
  • New
    Jlbalsa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-07

Hi,

I'm trying to request a tweeter for a Mercury MX1 but it's not listed. Can you help me please.

0 58
    • Jlbalsa
      DavidKnighton Hello Jlbalsa,
      For spare parts, please click the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page and submit a spare parts inquiry.
      • Jul 7
  • New
    tbheels
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-06

Can anyone recommend a reputable service/repair shop in North Carolina USA? I have a pair of Tannoy HPD 385 from 1975.These are Canadian made, labeled as Royal Monitor 410. Cabinets are Largos. I'm not the original owner, so I'd like to get these serviced with updates as needed.

I'd appreciate any guidance.

read more...
    0 45
    • tbheels
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here from Music Tribe. For any service inquiries please contact us through our Support portal. Click on Support and then Service Request and a member of our Service team can assist you.
      • Jul 6
Go to page