Statistics

196,673 members
67,300 posts
  • New
    2020-11-24

Hi, I have a pair of Tannoy 605 speakers one of which has blown the bass driver, I am looking for a replacement, the stock number on the rear of the driver is Tannoy 1661, are there any available please .         Thanks 

0 7
    • Geoff Gilligan
      Chris Edwards Hi Geoff, Unfortunately, due to the age of this model the parts you are requesting are now either discontinued or obsolete; In this case, we would recommend getting in touch with Lockwood Audio.

Lockwood audio have been used by Tannoy for many years for servicing vintage Tannoy and supplying obsolete parts:
      www.lockwoodaudio.co.uk

Alternatively please try the following eBay seller who stocks various old/rare components:
      http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mainlytannoy
      • Tue at 5:06 AM
  • New
    2020-11-20

Hi, I have an old pair of Tannoy Cheviots and wondered if anyone would have advise on ways to carefully/repectfully upgrade them.  They have had new surrounds installed and seem to work well though the surrounds are installed with a convex roll contrary to original and the spiders are slightlypushed in at rest.  I wondered if you thought that might be contributing to slightly inarticulate bass.  I use a Sony TA-N77ES 200w/ch high quality ampliier.

I wondered also if there are any weak spots that could be improved now after 45 years, such as internal wiring, binding posts, bipassing attenuators, etc, as many seem to speculate and experiment with.

I truly respect the design and they do sound wonderful.  I want to make sure I am doing them justice if anything obvious may be holding them back now as technology allows.  Any thoughts are much apreciated!  Thank you and Happy Friday from Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada.

read more...
    0 6
    • Joe McGinnis
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi, Joe We appreciate your contact and your commitment on your units but unfortunately we do not provide any technical details to end user nor we advise any self repair, I would suggest contacting one of our partners and request the upgrade. To acess our network of partners and resellers, please follow the link below https://www.tannoy.com/buy.html?isoCode=CA&type=STORE . Thank you
      • Mon at 12:10 AM
  • New
    2020-11-20

My speaker cables have two plugs. Does it matter if I connect them to LF + and use the bridge cables to connect to HF +or vice versa?

0 4
    • Frank Dietiker
      Chris Edwards Hi Frank, would it be possible to provide some further information on your setup? such as the amp being used, if you plan to wire them single wire, bi-wire, or bi-amp and if possible the make and model number of the cables being used. Thanks in advance.
      • Tue at 12:10 AM
  • New
    2020-11-12

Can anyone advise where the reference point is on the Legacy Eatons? Asking as I'm trying to work out correct stand heights ahead of receiving the Eatons. Thanks

0 13
    • Me Myname
      Chris Edwards Hi Me Myname, If you are referring to the recommended listening position then we recommend 1m from any sidewall
      or reflective surface and at least 0.5m away from a rear wall. The tweeter should be roughly at ear height at your listening position. Some user will use stands which tilt the speakers back to achieve this, however, we cannot confirm if this would be a more suitable option or not as it is more down to user preference.

If this is not the information you require then please feel free to expand further.
      • Nov 12
    • Me Myname
      Me Myname Thank you Chris. That answers my question.
      • Nov 13
  • 2020-10-26
    0 11
    • Joseph Lee
      Joseph Lee Please help me ! Need advice on (1) how do I remove my speaker grille with the lock in this condition? (2) how can I get this faulty part ordered and self-replaced and any instructions on doing so? Thank you so much.
      • Oct 26
    • Joseph Lee
      Jason Brewer Hello - The best move would be to open a support ticket under the support link above and we can help you get the part you need and guide you toward a solution after a deeper dive into the issue. Thank you
      • Oct 26
      • Remove and replace faulty Kensington SE speaker grill lock
        Joseph Lee Thanks Jason! I have done that and fingers crossed, I will be able to get this resolved.
        • Oct 26
  • 2020-10-25

I have been very impressed and happy with my Turnberry GR speakers. I have them connected to a Primaluna EVO 400 preamp and 2 EVO 400 powers amp. I also have 2 REL S/5 SHO subs. I have been thinking to upgrade to the Kensington line but don't have a good place to compare them. What are the main features I should expect with this change? the investment is considerable so there should be a distinct difference.

read more...
    0 14
    • Skip Gordon
      Chris Edwards Hi Skip, I hope you are well. The main noticeable difference between these models can be found within their power handling and frequency response, the following link will provide downloads for both of the manuals for each model. The specifications for both models can be found on page 46 https://we.tl/t-T0ZXtLWW2d. It is also highly recommended that you consult with your local dealer about a possible demo, a list of our international resellers can be found by the following link -https://www.tannoy.com/buy.html.
      • Oct 26
  • 2020-10-16

HI there,

I need your help, because the tweeters of my Tannoy Mercury M20 speakers broke down.
    Do you know where I could find a new pair to replace them?
    I don't mind if they are not the originals series.

Tweeter measures are: external diameter 10 cm
                                      internal diameter 7 cm

I enclose the pictures.

Thank you in advance

Alberto

read more...
    0 9
    • Alberto Terrasi
      Rex Beckett Hi Alberto, I suggest that you open a Care ticket: At the top of this page, click Support -> Create a Care Ticket and select Type: Spare Parts. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • Oct 17
  • 2020-10-13

I purchased a pair of TD 12s in 2008 and I loved them.  Unfortunately, I had to let them go in a house sale. I would be very happy if I could purchase another pre-owned pair.  If anyone knows where I can find some TD 12s in the US, please let me know. Please also recommended a new current model Tannoy speaker that is comparable in price and specifications and any others with higher price and better specs. Thank you!

read more...
    0 8
  • 2020-10-09

Looking to buy the Tannoy Cheviot but can't find any to listen to in NY/NJ

0 33
    • Brian Orlando
      Nigel Turner Hi Brian. I am sure that you have probably already tried this link but just in case not, please have a look here https://www.tannoy.com/buy.html?isoCode=US&type=STORE to see if any of these stores are in NJ/NY.
      • Oct 8
    • Brian Orlando
      Brian Orlando Thx Nigel. I did. I’m in Manhattan an the closest stores are 3 hours away. Any idea why Tannoy is so hard to find in the US?
      • Oct 9
      • Does anyone know where to find Tannoy speakers in New York/New Jersey
        Nigel Turner Hi Brian, let me ask some questions for you. It does seem a little strange that there isn't a reseller in Manhatten. I will get back to you.
        • Oct 9
      • Does anyone know where to find Tannoy speakers in New York/New Jersey
        Nigel Turner Hi Brian, it appears that this shop sells Tannoy. You may have to give them a call to see if they sell Cheviots though
        https://www.newyorksoundandvision.com/
        • Oct 9
    • Brian Orlando
      Brian Orlando Thx Nigel. They stopped selling them as well. I’ve heard from others that there is Apparently problems with factory support, price increases and a national distributor that wants to be a national reseller?
      • Oct 10
  • 2020-10-01

My pair of Tannoy SGM10 is more then 30 yrs old, like to recap the crossover with new capacitors, looking for the crossover wiring schematic to purchase proper capacitors. I can only find the schematic for SGM 12 - SGM 15. Where can I find schematic for SGM 10.

read more...
    0 19
    • Karmen Kung
      Nigel Turner Hi Karmen. I am sorry, but unfortunately we are not permitted to send out schematics for any products.
      • Oct 1
      • Recap crossover of Tannoy SGM 10
        Karmen Kung Understand that, its just easier for me to order without taking the crossover out and check for the cap value. however is it allowed to show me the parts list of capacitors for the SGM 10 so that I can go order the caps? Or do you be able to supply new capacitors? Just like to find an easy way to recap my speakers. they are too old and need to be replaced.
        • Oct 2
      • Recap crossover of Tannoy SGM 10
        Nigel Turner I have checked with a colleague and we do not have the BOM for this crossover. He has suggested this website. They may be able to help you. https://www.hilberink.nl/speaker.htm
        • Oct 5
Go to page