• New
    bostonsoundwork
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-13

Need a replacement module for a Turbosound M-12

0 4
    • bostonsoundwork
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. For spare parts please click on Support and then Spare Parts to submit a ticket.
      • Wed at 12:49 PM
  • New
    staceyhainey
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-10-11

I have just purchased a pair of IQ15's.  The plan is to use ultranet from my M32c to send signal to the mains, 

Assuming I set the speakers on board eq to low cut, will the onboard xlr out pass the low frequencies to a set of subs?

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    BretHamer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-20

I have the ip2000s....the Lower tower is all mids and the upper tower is highs? Is this normal? Also one of the speakers in the lower tower is rattling, I took it out and the speaker sounds fine, put it back in and it crackles, where do I get a decent replacement?

read more...
    0 7
    • BretHamer
      Nigel67 Hi BretHamer. Please contact our spares team for parts. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. It may be worth submitting a Technical Support ticket first of all as you mention that the speaker sounded fine when you removed it from the column. The Tech Team may be able to help you further in identifying the problem, just in case it is not the speaker that is faulty.
      • Sep 21
  • New
    Kpromo004
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-20

I HAVE A STATIC TYPE NOISE EVEN WHEN NOTHING IS CONNCETED

0 9
    • Kpromo004
      Nigel67 Hi Kpromo004. Is this a brand new speaker or has the fault just developed? Have you tried a different mains outlet just in case the one you are using is faulty? I would advise submitting a ticket to the Technical Support Department and they will be able to help you further and also determine whether your speaker is under warranty or not. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
      • Sep 21
    • Kpromo004
      Kpromo004

i have had this speakers for 5 years and tried other mains outlets but still the same. I have raised a ticket to support but not heard anything.

• Sep 23
  • New
    MarcelNYC
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-22

This might be a stupid iQ series question but I can’t seem to find the answer. Regarding the feedback eliminator feature, do I just enable it before the gig by setting it to Auto and just leaving it on Auto or is it supppsed to be enabled during sound check only to “capture” all the problem frequencies then turned off?

read more...
    1 25
    • MarcelNYC
      GaryHiggins Pretty sure sound check only...though I've never used it with mine ever...manual is not full of details. :-)
      • Aug 23
    • MarcelNYC
      DavidKnighton Hello MarcelNYC,
      If you turn the Feedback Eliminator off after soundcheck, then it is no longer functioning as it's intended purpose. The idea is to leave it running so that if a problem frequency arises mid-show, then it gets squashed. It will end up resetting some filters the longer it's in battle, so keep this in mind as you "turn up" during your show. Remember, it's just one tool in your bag of tricks. Don't rely on it too heavily. Best practice is to use a front end GEQ right off your mixer before the signal hits the iQ.
      • Aug 23
    • MarcelNYC
      MarcelNYC Thanks for all the replies. Since I posted this question I've been able to leverage the Feedback Eliminator for our past two gigs in Auto mode (resetting it before the start of each gig). The first gig we only enabled it on the tops (iQ15s) and got some minor feedback on the subs (iQ15Bs) that had to be dealt with manually and for the second gig we used it for both the tops and the subs (iQ15s and iQ15Bs). They did a fantastic job and the frequency cuts were narrow and subtle enough as to not affect the sound quality. We didn't even hear any indication of feedback all night because the DSPs process faster than what can be perceived. I checked the settings between the sets to confirm the system was actively adjusting the notch filters and confirmed it was. We're extremely pleased with this technology and highly recommend it. Quite honestly, I think it did a better job than a FOH sound engineer due to how fast it was able to react and eliminate the feedback. This frees up time for the sound engineers to focus on other things. A win-win in my opinion.
      • Sep 27
  • New
    MarcelNYC
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-08-06

I've always set the eq settings on my iQ tops and subs to "None" because I think it would be flat giving me more precise control from my X32 mixer. Having said that, what exactly does the "Live" setting do?  What frequencies does it boost/cut?  Should I consider it for indoor/live performances?

I'm not near my PA otherwise I would try A/B the settings so I was hoping to get some real-world feedback.

read more...
    0 42
    • MarcelNYC
      Paul_Vannatto Using the Turbosound Edit 1.4, you should be able to see what those presets do, since it provides a graph. I always set my iQ speakers at None and do the EQing with the X32 outputs.
      • Aug 6
      • iQ Series Eq Settings: "None" vs "Live"
        MarcelNYC Thank you Paul. I'll look into that. I've never used TSE 1.4 before and forgot it exists. Can I connect to multiple iQ speakers at once? Does it work with Ultranet (I doubt it) or do I have to run a bunch of USB cables too?
        • Aug 7
    • MarcelNYC
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Marcel, no unfortunately the editor is designed to connect to a single iQ speaker at a time via its USB port.
      • Aug 7
  • New
    Dnrbnsn2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-28

I blew a woofer in my iq-12, how do I go about getting a replacement?

0 49
    • Dnrbnsn2
      DavidKnighton Hello Dnrbnsn2,
      For replacement parts, please click on the SUPPORT tab at the top of the page and submit a Spare Parts request.
      • Jul 28
  • New
    MarcelNYC
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-07-21

I recently purchased an enclosed cargo trailer to haul around the various components of my iQ series system (multiple iQ15 and iQ15b speakers). The trailer gets to around 120 degrees Fahrenheit (50 Celsius) when in the sun. Should this be a concern for the equipment? I don't think so since I'm pretty sure they get hotter when operating outdoors for hours in direct sunlight but I'd figure it's worth asking.

read more...
    0 42
    • MarcelNYC
      WilliamR Hello, William from Musictribe here. The Ideal long-term storage temperature for electronics is about 45-85 degrees. Anything higher than 120 can cause the glue to start coming apart.
      • Jul 21
      • How much heat is too much when keeping iQ speakers and subs in storage?
        MarcelNYC In a given hot day it’ll be hot for about 6 hours. It’ll peak at 120 during those 6 hours. The rest of the time it will get down to 70. Should I be concerned about those 6 hours?
        • Jul 21
  • New
    Banjoe
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-13

We need our turbo sound sub repaired. Who repairs in the VA Beach area?

0 35
    • Banjoe
      NicJonesMT Hi Banjoe. If you submit a service request (Click support at the top of the page) The service team will be able to advise you further.
      • Jul 13
  • New
    ExcelTech
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-12

I created a service ticket for an IP12B Sub-Woofer that will not power on. The ticket number is CAS-449643-F7V9R2 and on April 29 and the status was "pending". On May 11 it has changed to "problem solved"

The frustration is nothing is solved, no email, no contact, no nothing.

I even reached out via Turbosounds general contact page with this same info. It is as if nobody actually works at Turbosound.

No phone numbers and no response from anyone.

Hopefully someone will see this and get back to me:)

my contact eMail is [email protected]

Thank You

read more...
    1 48
    • ExcelTech
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. It looks like an email was sent to you on April 29th requesting information. It's possible this ended up in your spam folder, please double check. Meanwhile, I will have the team send out the email again.
      • Jul 12
Go to page