Statistics

196,780 members
67,417 posts
  • IT IS SUPPOSED to be straightforward but for now, I don't know what's wrong with the setup. So I purchased the AMP800. I connected behind the AMP800 an "unbalanced" (one line on the connector) stereo L/R cable that I plugged a " balanced " 1/4 to 3.5mm cable to my cellphone plug (this is the source, the music from my cellphone). After that I connected in front of the AMP 800 (on channel A or 1) a "balanced" (2 lines on the connector) stereo 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter for my Bose headphones (the bose uses a 3.5mm plug). I tried so hard to figure out how to have a clean sound but nothing is working, the sounds is not clear nor high. When I pull a little bit the 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter, the sound is more stronger then when the adapter is fully pushed-in in the A or 1 jack hole. Do you have any solutions to the problem? Thank in advance :)!!
    read more...
    0 23
    • Louis-Mathieu Léveillé
      Dave Morrison Although a stereo and balanced cable use the same connections, they are different and incompatible. The stereo signal from your phone are two unbalance connections. Unless you are using some sort of stereo unbalanced to balanced box, a stereo to dual unbalanced cable is the best solution (an aux cord with dual 1/4"). Pulling the jack out part-way is sending unbalanced signal.
      • Jun 23