Statistics

181,567 members
50,509 posts
  • 2020-09-23

Hi,

I recently bought a Behringer Ultravoice XM8500 microphone in a well known online shop. In the spec sheet I read the microphone had 150Ohm impedance, but when I opened the microphone I bought, in the capsule says it has 250 Ohm impedance. Is it usual that the products don't meet the specs? I'm a bit confused...Has anyone recently bought this microphone? Can you check the writing in your capsule?

read more...
    0 9
    • Mikel Markiegi
      Paul Vannatto In the body of the mic is probably a small transformer that converts the capsule's unbalanced signal to a balanced output. This transformer will also change the output impedance.
      • Wed at 5:06 AM
      • Behringer Ultravoice XM8500 microphone impedance
        Mikel Markiegi Oh, that is probably it. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer a newbie like me!
        • Wed at 12:54 PM
  • 2020-09-17
    0 24
  • 2020-09-16
    0 20
  • 2020-09-15

Hi there, where can you download the calibration file for the ecm8000 that I bought to use with REW? I just registered the product but I can't find where to download the calibration file, thanks.

0 6
  • Hi community.

As I wrote in the subject, I really wonder why that amazing Mic got discontinued too soon, considering that the older models (76 and 70) are still in the market.

Now, I'm really worried about what would happen if the only MP-76 that I've got 2 years ago gets damaged or something (I'm from Chile) and that's why I really wish to buy an spare one, or ask about if there is any plan (maybe it's ongoing already) to manufacture an upgrade of the "MCA100 Mic Control adapter" to a version with fully 4 buttons.

I really need it, for my live performances the 4 buttons are a MUST to have.

Best regards everybody!

read more...
    0 5
  • 2020-08-17

Hi All. I recently purchased the MP-75 Microphone and i love the sound. Better than my Shure Beta 58. the concern i have is ho to use the button. I press it and get nothing. Please give me some advice on how to use/setup.

Thanks,

Gerry

read more...
    0 8
    • Gerry Mora
      Chris Edwards Hi herrmor123, I hope you are well. Would it be possible to provide any additional details on what other equipment you are using alongside the MP 75? Thanks.
      • Aug 16
    • Gerry Mora
      Gerry Mora HI Chirs, I am using it with a Bose L1 Model 2 System but also a Play Acoustic Harmonizer
      • Aug 17
      • MP 75 Button
        Chris Edwards Hi gerrmor123, thank you for the confirmation. Since starting to use the MP75 have you changed the input setting on your Play Acoustic? The following article may provide some additional help for you -https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-01839
        • Aug 17
    • Gerry Mora
      Gerry Mora For adjustments of sound i primarily use the Bose Tone Match but i will definitely check out the article. Thanks Chris~
      • Aug 17
  • 2020-08-11

I purchased Behringer wireless mics ULM200. The USB has cracked open and no longer works. It's never been dropped or abused. Can I get a new one? 

Dave

0 2
    • Dave Dockweiler
      Joe Rivers Hi Dave,

Please submit a support case using the SUPPORT tab at the top of this page and we'll see what we can do to assist further here.
      • Aug 11
  • 2020-07-17
    Hi everyone, Looking for a basic lapel mic for online piano teaching. I have a great little Rode Smart Lav+ (designed for plugging into a phone), but unfortunately -- according to Rode -- it needs two adaptors to use in a mixer like this (one to convert the TRRS-to-TRS plug, another to convert TRS phono-to-XLR which also converts the phantom power from 48V to the 3~5V thee mic needs to operate). Who knew this was so complex!?! I don't need anything too high-end, it's just for VOICE (the electronic keyboard plugs straight into the 2nd mic input -- easy!), so i thought maybe an electret mic like this https://www.jaycar.com.au/stereo-lapel-microphone-with-headphone-outlet/p/AM4013 might do the trick. It's very cheap, BUT i think it will have the same problem because, from what i read of electret mics, they all seem to need a small level of power, which the phono jack won't provide through this mixer. Any ideas? Should i be looking for a dynamic lapel mic? Or maybe i just get the adaptor and be done with it. To me it just feels so round-about (so many adaptors!!!!) Any thoughts welcome, thanks :) Richard
    read more...
    0 5
    • Richard Leigh
      Richard Leigh Here's the setup i was hoping to use... but failed :(
      • Jul 17
    • Richard Leigh
      Richard Leigh Even Lav mics with XLR plugs like this Shure mic (https://djcity.com.au/product/shure-cvl-bc-tqg-centraverse-wireless-lavalier-mic/) seem to say they need only 5- 10V, so will the on-board 48V phantom power actually work with this? More than what i wanted to pay for another basic mic, but maybe i need to go for something like that... ?
      • Jul 17
    • Richard Leigh
      Rex Beckett You are correct. All electret mics need a power supply. I haven't seen a dynamic lavalier mic for years - electrets are much better and smaller. I think your best bet is to get the Rode adapters. Rode products are very good and the adapters probably cost less than another mic with battery or phantom power options.
      • Jul 17
      • Wanting recommendations on a basic lapel mic to plug into a Xenyx Q802 USB
        Richard Leigh Thanks Rex. I guess it's only *one more* adpator, lol!
        Just seems weird that to plug in one simple Lav mic i need:
        LAV_Mic --> TRRS-TRS adaptor --> phono-XLR-and-power adaptor --> MIXER_input
        ...not to mention i'll probably have to add the extra 6m extension to give a bit of range with the lead! Surely means buzz & hiss entering at each point!
        • Jul 17
      • Wanting recommendations on a basic lapel mic to plug into a Xenyx Q802 USB
        Rex Beckett I think it is the same number of adapters that you tried already. You just swap the 3.5mm/6.35mm adapter for the Rode 3.5mm/XLR (VXLR+) one. If you want to extend the cable, use an XLR cable between the Rode adapter and the mixer. The balanced cable is less likely to pick-up noise.

You can get lapel mics that are fitted with XLR connectors and use phantom power. They are usually pro-level /broadcast products and fairly expensive. I have seen budget versions on Amazon/Ebay but never been tempted...
        • Jul 17
  • 2020-07-16
    I want to measure the sound frequency as 400, 968 and 2063 Hz. can anybody share me which microphone setup will work fine. I am going to use onboard audio jack of my PC
    0 8
    • Pratik Chaudhari
      Rex Beckett Most measurement mics require phantom power that is not provided by a PC audio input. You could use an external phantom power supply but a better option is to use a measurement mic that has a USB interface. I use the miniDSP UMIK-1 which works well with sound measurement software on PCs, tablets and phones.
      • Jul 16
  • 2020-07-09
    Can you tell me where I can get four of these please?
    0 10
    • Mathew Morrison
      Dale Minaker Hi, you simply need to go to support and raise a care ticket, chose spare parts and submit,the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
      • Jul 10
Go to page