Statistics

180,553 members
49,320 posts
  • 2020-09-16
    0 19
  • 2020-09-15

Hi there, where can you download the calibration file for the ecm8000 that I bought to use with REW? I just registered the product but I can't find where to download the calibration file, thanks.

0 6
  • 2020-07-17
    Hi everyone, Looking for a basic lapel mic for online piano teaching. I have a great little Rode Smart Lav+ (designed for plugging into a phone), but unfortunately -- according to Rode -- it needs two adaptors to use in a mixer like this (one to convert the TRRS-to-TRS plug, another to convert TRS phono-to-XLR which also converts the phantom power from 48V to the 3~5V thee mic needs to operate). Who knew this was so complex!?! I don't need anything too high-end, it's just for VOICE (the electronic keyboard plugs straight into the 2nd mic input -- easy!), so i thought maybe an electret mic like this https://www.jaycar.com.au/stereo-lapel-microphone-with-headphone-outlet/p/AM4013 might do the trick. It's very cheap, BUT i think it will have the same problem because, from what i read of electret mics, they all seem to need a small level of power, which the phono jack won't provide through this mixer. Any ideas? Should i be looking for a dynamic lapel mic? Or maybe i just get the adaptor and be done with it. To me it just feels so round-about (so many adaptors!!!!) Any thoughts welcome, thanks :) Richard
    read more...
    0 4
    • Richly
      Richly Here's the setup i was hoping to use... but failed :(
      • Jul 17
    • Richly
      Richly Even Lav mics with XLR plugs like this Shure mic (https://djcity.com.au/product/shure-cvl-bc-tqg-centraverse-wireless-lavalier-mic/) seem to say they need only 5- 10V, so will the on-board 48V phantom power actually work with this? More than what i wanted to pay for another basic mic, but maybe i need to go for something like that... ?
      • Jul 17
    • Richly
      Rex Beckett You are correct. All electret mics need a power supply. I haven't seen a dynamic lavalier mic for years - electrets are much better and smaller. I think your best bet is to get the Rode adapters. Rode products are very good and the adapters probably cost less than another mic with battery or phantom power options.
      • Jul 17
      • Wanting recommendations on a basic lapel mic to plug into a Xenyx Q802 USB
        Richly Thanks Rex. I guess it's only *one more* adpator, lol!
        Just seems weird that to plug in one simple Lav mic i need:
        LAV_Mic --> TRRS-TRS adaptor --> phono-XLR-and-power adaptor --> MIXER_input
        ...not to mention i'll probably have to add the extra 6m extension to give a bit of range with the lead! Surely means buzz & hiss entering at each point!
        • Jul 17
      • Wanting recommendations on a basic lapel mic to plug into a Xenyx Q802 USB
        Rex Beckett I think it is the same number of adapters that you tried already. You just swap the 3.5mm/6.35mm adapter for the Rode 3.5mm/XLR (VXLR+) one. If you want to extend the cable, use an XLR cable between the Rode adapter and the mixer. The balanced cable is less likely to pick-up noise.

You can get lapel mics that are fitted with XLR connectors and use phantom power. They are usually pro-level /broadcast products and fairly expensive. I have seen budget versions on Amazon/Ebay but never been tempted...
        • Jul 17