Statistics

208,332 members
80,514 posts
  • New
    RexBeckett
    Superhero - Level 3
    2021-01-22

Following the purchase of a Flow 8 Digital Mixer, I set about learning how it worked – from a user’s perspective. This was done by connecting audio test equipment to the inputs/outputs and observing the effect of each of the controls on the various outputs. The results allowed the creation of an apparent signal paths diagram. The diagram reflects the Flow 8 functionality with firmware V11729. Subsequent firmware releases may change the signal paths.

The diagram is not part of any official documentation and is just intended to help users understand how the various controls affect the operation of this great little digital mixer.

View Attachment

read more...
    0 0
  • New
    Shawnkueb
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-22

With the headphone jack how do I get them to work 

0 3
    • Shawnkueb
      Nigel67 Hi, if you are getting audio out of the main outputs, then if you turn the headphone pot up, you should get audio from them. As a start, I would initialise the mixer (not a factory reset). This will clear the all the routing and channel settings to default. Make sure your headphone plug is fully inserted into the headphone jack. Then send audio from an input to the main outputs so you can see the audio on the meters. Turn up the headphone pot and you should hear the audio. Solo the input channel and you should still be able to hear audio, but the mix faders will have no effect on the audio. If you are unable to hear audio, then confirm first of all that your headphones are working on some other piece of equipment. If they are, then you could have a fault on the console. Check the headphone socket on both the left and right hand side of the console.
      • 8 hours ago
  • New
    rbird59
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

I thought the X32 Edit Manual was in the Behringer Wiki, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Or I'm crazy.... anyways I'm looking for the manual so I can figure out what does what.

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    Davomoto
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

I am no really a sound guy I’m just a player so never payed attention to the pa hook up .. I currently own 2 jbl jbx125 500-1000w , 4 ohm speakers and two TOA 250w 8 ohm speakers .. I would like to purchase a powered mixer for home practice and live shows that I could use the speakers I own now . I had been looking at the pmp2000d . If I can use this for mains and monitors please let me know how to hook it up without jacking up the amp . Or guide me in the correct direction to run my mains and monitors !! Thank you

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    Delaine1979
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

x air 12 -

off a kindle 

signal in Chan 1 - no volume 

what is it ? 

0 10
    • Delaine1979
      LuukvanKuipers No idea about what you mean.
      • Thu at 11:10 AM
    • Delaine1979
      Paul_Vannatto What app are you using?
      • Thu at 11:19 AM
      • X air 12 no volume
        DavidKnighton Must be the android app from Music Tribe. They're on a Kindle.
        • Thu at 1:39 PM
      • X air 12 no volume
        Paul_Vannatto It looks like version 1.0, which was a port of X32 Mixing Station back in 2015. The reason I asked was because I was wondering if it was the monitor app which does not have full access (gain, etc.)
        • Thu at 3:55 PM
    • Delaine1979
      DavidKnighton Hello Delaine,
      I do see a faint amount of signal on channel 1 & 2, and it looks like your gates are on. You probably need to loosen up the gates, turn them off, maybe even boost the preamp on channel 1 & 2.
      • Thu at 1:38 PM
  • New
    jbmike
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-20

I'm not sure why its so difficult to actually talk to beringer about their product but I'm looking for a way to have a splitter of some type 16 channel input to the x32 rack so 1-16 runs FOH and 17-32 runs Monitors. I do not want to input signal and split after entering x32 I need to have sperate 32 inputs from splitter.

read more...
    0 19
    • jbmike
      KevinMaxwell are you looking for something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Seismic-Audio-SARMSS-16x1515-Splitter-Mountable/dp/B00AG4721A

I have no idea if it is a good quality product or not t but I think that basically should do what you want.
      • Wed at 1:59 PM
      • X32 Rack
        jbmike that would be great but x32 rack will not take the 32 xlrs
        • Wed at 3:14 PM
    • jbmike
      Paul_Vannatto Why not get 2 S16 (or SD16) and connect one (via AES50) to the X32 Rack and the other to FOH (via AES50)?
      • Wed at 2:13 PM
    • jbmike
      jbmike I guess I can never get my point across on what I need but I had a full size x32 and it had 32 xlr inputs. I want a x32 rack whitch has only 16 xlr inputs. my full size I ran 16 channels for fog and 17-32 for monitor mix off a 16 channel splitter so rack x32 this does not work so I need help with ase50 routing mabe s16 stage box or something to feed 16xlr inputs to the x32 rack so I can use all 32 channel's from the 16 inputs.
      • Wed at 3:12 PM
    • jbmike
      Paul_Vannatto Ok, reading both of your posts, I think I understand what you want. Please confirm if this is it. You want to use the X32 Rack as a stagebox and to send the 16 inputs (of the X32 Rack) to the X32 FOH and have it split so that on the X32 FOH you have inputs 1-16 for FOH mixing and 17-32 for monitor mixes. If that is correct, I can provided the necessary routing.
      • Wed at 3:51 PM
      • X32 Rack
        jbmike Paul i want to use x32 rack and it will do both FOH and monitors. I have 16 inputs XLR in input on stage, right now I use 2 xr18 but trying to stream line to one x32 rack. I use the 16 inputs over all 32 channels so I'm basically splitting x32 and use half for foh and half for IEM. this way I don't share gain and basically have the 2 mixers in one
        • Wed at 3:58 PM
    • jbmike
      Paul_Vannatto OK, mentioning that you have a full size X32 only added to the confusion.

First of all the input gains are part of the preamps which are physically located near the XLR-F connectors. So splitting inputs between the 1-16 and 17-32 does not give independent gains. But you can configure the X32 to provide independent digital trims (Setup, preamps, HA Gain Split).

That all said, to "split" the 16 inputs of the X32 Rack to channels 1-16 and 17-24, you would simply assign the inputs accordingly. For example, input 1 would be assigned to both channel 1 and channel 17, input 2 to ch 2 and 18, etc.
      • Wed at 4:10 PM
      • X32 Rack
        jbmike Thx for trying this is why I'm so mad at beringer for not having someone to call a simple voice communication would clear up what I'm missing. 16xlr inputs split to 32 channels and somehow connected to x32 rack without all internal routing and sharing I know how that works. so just looking for way to hook it up. I'll buy something else and sell my other beringer products that are of no ise.
        • Wed at 4:18 PM
      • X32 Rack
        Paul_Vannatto What you are asking is physically impossible, since the X32 Rack only has 22 physical inputs (16 XLR and 6 1/4"), not 32.

:Edit: Actually looking at the S16 in splitter mode (4), there is a workaround that would provide 16 physical inputs to 32 AES50 inputs with independent gains. It requires an S16, another S16 or SD16, and 2 ADA8200 - therefore quite an expensive workaround IMO (about $1600 US from Sweetwater).

* Setup with the following AES50 connectivity
        X32 Rack [B] <-> [A] S16 in mode 4 [B] <-> [A] S16 or SD16
        * Connect the first S16 ADAT out 1-8 and 9-16 to the 2 ADA8200 ADAT 1-8 inputs.
        * Connect the ADA8200 outputs (all 16) to the inputs of the second S16 or SD16.

You will have 32 inputs available to the X32 Rack via AES50 B
        • Wed at 4:30 PM
  • New
    KRONS11
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-20

I cannot for the life of me figure out why I cannot hear my song playing while I am trying  to record vocals.i read the manual over and over, I have watched countless amounts of videos. I can hear the music very faintly. I just need to hear my music while recording vocals. Sounds extremely easy, never had any issues using a much smaller USB interface. Now I have nothing but issues regarding this issue. Thanks for any and all help! 

read more...
    0 5
    • KRONS11
      RexBeckett Hi Krons11, I think you have run into a common problem with the built-in USB interface. Playback from USB is controlled by two buttons. When 2-TR/USB To Main is pressed, the USB playback will be added to the Main mix. To avoid possible feedback, this button also mutes the USB recording feed. When 2-TR/USB To Phones/CTRL RM is pressed, the USB playback is fed to the Phones and CTRL Room outputs replacing the Main mix. This button does not mute USB recording.

This arrangement works well for normal recording and subsequent playback but is not so good for recording a new track while listening to playback from previous ones (overdubbing). Ideally this requires Phones or Control Room output of a mix of the recording and playback signals. This is not possible with the built-in USB interface. The same situation applies to multi-participant streaming.

One solution is to connect the 2-Track outputs to the 2-Track inputs with a pair of RCA/RCA cables and press the 2-TR/USB To Phones/CTRL RM button. This will give you a mix of USB playback and the mixer output on the Phones and Control Room outputs. You would need to use the PC output level control to balance the two sources.
      • Wed at 4:17 PM
    • KRONS11
      -mjk- The RCA cable solution also gives you a nice latency free monitor for overdubbing. But, I would caution that, if that button is not in the correct position there will be an ear splitting, equipment damaging feedback that you will really wish you had avoided. I suggest watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtCgKMp8ofw
      • Wed at 5:54 PM
  • New
    LeenertsP
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-19

I have yet to get my X-LIVE card working. It consistently displays the following error; "SD-Card Error System error: 14". The X32 console has the latest bios update (4.04.1) as does the X-LIVE card (A12). I've reseated the card several times, and I've tried several brands of SD cards. The latest are the 32GB SanDisk Ultra 80MB/s SDHC cards, but I still get the same error. Additionally, the X-LIVE card displays the same error whether or not there are SD cards in the slots or not. Anyone out there encounter the same error and got past it?

read more...
    0 2
    • LeenertsP
      Paul_Vannatto According to Patrick's X32 OSC Protocol (page 72), X-Live error 14 is a "protocol error". I would suggest you re-initialise the X32 (make sure your scene is saved) and see if the error persists. If not, load your scene. If the error returns, there is a setting that isn't working (not sure which one).
      • Tue at 11:54 AM
    • LeenertsP
      LeenertsP Paul, thanks for the response. I have re-initialized the X32 a few times and, unfortunately, the error does persist. Do you know of a list of the settings I should look at on either the X32 or the X-LIVE card? Thanks again.
      • Tue at 12:41 PM
    • LeenertsP
      Paul_Vannatto Patrick's X32 OSC Protocol document can be found here
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Snbwx3m6us6L1qeP1_pD6s8hbJpIpD0a/view
      (see page 72 for the X-Live error list)
      If after re-initialising the console, the error persists. it is possible a hardware issue. I would suggest you submit a ticket (click on Support above).
      • Tue at 2:18 PM
  • New
    Wklaas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-19

Hi, 

i just have 2 problems. One regarding the Flow 8 App on Android and one for the iOS App.

Android: I just got an Smasung A51 as a gift for buying a TV. But this Phone won't connect on the the App side of BT. The Audio connection works, but I can't get the App connection work. Tried the same with my old S7 works without any trouble. But I like to have a bigger screen.

iOS: I have tried my "old" iPad mini 2. Connection (Audio and App) works fine. But the UI has a serious problem. When I select a fader on the screen and try to move it, it takes about 1cm movement until the fader actually moves and follows the finger. On going up this is no problem, because there is enoght space beyond the fader, but on going down to the end I'll always outside the screen before the fader is in 0 Position, so it takes two, three times with selecting and moving down, until the fader moves to 0. This is annoying, because I simply can't move the fader fast enough down to null. 

read more...
    0 12
    • Wklaas
      DavidKnighton Hello Wklaas,
      Thanks for providing this feedback. Would you be willing to submit this as a technical support inquiry so we can capture data? Then we can submit your case to our software engineers for review. The SUPPORT link at the top of the page is where you can submit a ticket. Scroll down and select TECHNICAL SUPPORT.
      • Tue at 10:29 AM
    • Wklaas
      Wklaas Done. CAS-412024-K6M8B9
      • Tue at 10:58 AM
  • New
    niektb95
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-19

Hi all!

I recently started working with the X32 Compact. I'm trying to import the presets from USB that I prepared on the X32 Edit desktop software but that isn't working correctly... I've ensured that the X32 runs the latest firmware and the X32 Edit is also the latest version. I tried uploading a video here on the forum but that isn't working for me so here is a YouTube link of my issue: https://youtu.be/FnMO_lzgGd0 

Can anyone spot or tell what is going wrong? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Niek

read more...
    0 10
    • niektb95
      DavidKnighton Hello Niek,
      The problem is that you're not pressing the > arrow key to confirm, you're instead pressing the encoder again. When the confirmation pops up to confirm, make sure you're pressing the > arrow key near the display.
      • Tue at 10:34 AM
Go to page