Statistics

187,348 members
57,224 posts
  • New
    2020-10-29

I have received the new Behringer 921 VCO and found the audio levels from the main outputs very low (ca 0.5V). It goes for all the main waveforms (sine, tri, pulse etc). And accross the entire frequency range.

The aux output curiously has a 5V output level, which makes a huge difference in mixing.

It seems very odd and I wonder if it is a faulty unit or what.

Any help much appreciated.

Note: There is no appropriate category for this.

Category should be: "Modular equipment" or "Synthesizer module" or something...

read more...
    0 0
  • New
    2020-10-29

Hi everyone,

I have a Behringer x32 Compact mixer with two SD16 units but have always been a bit overwhelmed by it's possibilities. The x32 mixer is connected to my PC running Ableton live via the X-USB interface.

When making music in Ableton, in order to achieve a tight synchronisation between the software & the hardware part of my home studio I have purchased the E-RM Multiclock.
    The multiclock uses audio sync that is being generated by a VST/UA plugin that comes with the Multiclock and is loaded in Ableton on a midi channel. The audio signal being generated in Ableton needs to be routed through my X32 compact mixer and into the audio input on the E-RM Mulitclock itself.

On my x32 I have the Aux Out 3 available that I would like to use to send the audio from Ableton out to the E-RM MUlticlock. I have several channels that are not in use on the x32, for instance channel 30 that I selected for the VST to send it's audio signal to (see below - screenshot 1).

So what I'm trying to achieve: send the audio signal generated by the VST in Ableton out to channel 30 of the x32 and forward that to the Aux Output #3. From there I will pick-up the signal with a jack cable and connect it physically to the E-RM Multiclock input.

I tried to configure the aux out 3 as pictured (see below - screenshot 2) to achieve this but the audio signal is not reaching aux out #3.

Can anyone help me to figure out which setting I need to change to route the audio signal successfully?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Patrick

read more...
    0 3
  • 2020-10-28

Hello You Fine Folks

Drummer here and have some questions. I’ve searched for answers and cannot find the specific answers. Thank you in advance for your much appreciated help!

• 3 piece band - guitar, bass and drums. All sing lead and harmonies. 
    • Separate IEM mixes via Aux 1, 2 and 3 > Behringer PM1's > iPads. 
    • Guitar player does front live sound for us from the stage and, overall, sounds great out front. He doesn’t have a full grasp of all the inner workings of the unit so that’s why I’m asking these questions.
    • Each of us is on our own Bus and can set our faders for all the vocals and instruments which is wonderful. Right now, whatever effects are out front is what we have in our individual mixes.

Question 1: Is the XR18 capable of separate effects per mix? I mic my entire kit and would like to add different ones to my individual drums?

Question 2: Is there a way to record just my mix either with the sd card slot on the unit or send it to my iPad through usb (Garage Band or similar)?

Question 3: Is there a separate setting for an Android tablet? I’ve tried it with the same app and can’t get my Bus to work with it? My iPad is an older Mini and would like to use my larger Samsung.

read more...
    0 7
    • Joe Joe Mansir
      Paul Vannatto Here are the answers to your questions

1. Yes, but there are only 4 FX slots available. Each FX mix has to go to separate FX slots and the resulting wet signal can either be returned to the Main LR (or not) and or returned to desired mixbuses (what you call Aux). For example, FX slot 1 is typically used for the vocal reverb. FX 2 can be used for a snare reverb, etc.

2. The XR18 does not have an SD slot, just a USB jack that can be connected to a computer with a DAW such as Garage Band. The desired channels are assigned on the In/Out, USB Sends screen.

3. What android app are you using? I would suggest you use Mixing Station Pro, which will give you everything you want and more.
      • Wed at 10:15 AM
      • Behringer XR18 Separate Mix Questions
        Joe Joe Mansir Hi Paul. You're awesome! I'm using the Behringer (Music Tribe Brands DE GmbH) X Air app. I'll try Mixing Station Pro. Thanks so much!!!
        • Wed at 10:37 AM
  • 2020-10-28

I am trying to get an audio feed out of the X32 Edit program that I am running on a Mac mini. Is this possible? I am hoping to use it as an controller and output for a bus mix used for live-streaming our church service.  This operation takes place about 260 feet away from the main mixing console.  If this doesn't work, any suggestions for running an audio signal that far?

read more...
    0 0
    • Andy Ulrich
      Dave Morrison X32-Edit is a control app only. No audio passes through it and the X32 can not pass audio over ethernet (unless you buy the Dante expansion card). You can easily run balanced audio from the X32's XLR jacks hundreds of feet. Sometimes analog is the easiest and cheapest way.
      • Wed at 12:07 AM
  • 2020-10-28

Purchased a Behringer S16 in January 2020 only been used about 5 times, because of covid it was not used from the end of february until the middle of October, powered up the system and the S16 would not link but the old unit would. Created a care ticket because they said it would need to be sent in for repair. Got an email back from them telling me my warranty was expired, I informed them the warranty was 3 years, they told me I would need to send the unit to an outside repair shop for repairs.Now I have 2 units that are junk, sounds like the warranty is just words, like water off a ducks back.No more Behringer equipment for me!!!!!

read more...
    0 7
    • Mike Satterfield
      Paul Vannatto Hey Mike, if you don't mind me asking, did you purchase the S16 from an authorised dealer and did you register it within 90 days of purchase? The reason I ask is that there seems to be some kind of mistake. If the product is registered within 90 days, it extends the warranty from one year to 3 years. That's the way its been for at least 8 years. If you did purchase the S16 from an authorised dealer, it should still be under warranty. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.
      • Tue at 6:36 PM
    • Mike Satterfield
      Mike Satterfield The unit was sent to me from Alto Music which you can easily find online, But it was purchased on Ebay, Brand New no B stock documents were sent to care.
      • Tue at 6:46 PM
    • Mike Satterfield
      Mike Satterfield I'm sure I registered it but even if i didn't I've only had it 9 months
      • Tue at 6:49 PM
      • Behringer will not honor their warranty beware
        Paul Vannatto That would be correct Mike, as long as Alto Music is an authorised Music-Tribe dealer and the S16 is not a refurbished or pre-owned (used) unit. To be honest, a purchase on Ebay raises red flags for me and I've been purchasing much less lately from them, since their sellers could be anyone (in disguise) and the items may or may not be as advertised.
        • Tue at 7:44 PM
      • Behringer will not honor their warranty beware
        Mike Satterfield Paul this is a brand new unit , not pre owned, b stock or refurbished or bought from an individual . shipped from Alto Music they sell Behringer Equipment and have 3 stores in N.Y.
        • Wed at 5:14 AM
    • Mike Satterfield
      John Matthews Hi Mike, can you let me know the case number you have and I can have a look at this for you. Format is CAS-XXXXX-XXXXXX.
      • Wed at 12:30 AM
    • Mike Satterfield
      Mike Satterfield John I responded to the email you sent
      • Wed at 5:18 AM
  • 2020-10-27

Hi, 

On the Behringer XR18, is there a way to convert the 16 channels of digital audio coming from the ultranet port to 16 channels of analog audio coming out of a 16 XLR snake?

Because I want to ideally be able to have 16 more outputs to feed other speakers as I am not using any P-16s and do not want to spend lots of money on a digital stagebox or a digital to analog converter.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

read more...
    0 13
    • K W
      Paul Vannatto There is no unit that converts Ultranet to 16 XLR. The only solution is to invest in some Turbosound Ultranet compatible speakers, such as the iQ12, etc.
      • Tue at 10:05 AM
      • How to convert Ultranet port on Behringer XR18 to 16 XLRs
        K W Hi thanks for reply. Yes I’ve heard about these speakers. However it is a big investment for me.

Instead couldn’t I get up to four channels of XLR by using the Radial Catapult Mini RX 4-Channel Reciever?
        • Tue at 10:24 AM
        K W Because this can receive up to 4 channels of audio over a Cat-5 cable and convert it to 4 XLRs.
        • Tue at 10:25 AM
        Paul Vannatto Those Radial units simply uses the 4 twisted pair wires that are part of the cat5 cable to transfer audio from the Radial transmitter to receiver. Ultranet is a proprietary digital protocol that will not work with something like those Radial units.

Those Turbosound iQ speakers are well worth the investment. I used 2 iQ12 on the shores of Lake Erie earlier this month for my son's wedding. Even with the sound of the lake's waves, everyone that came (with social distancing) could hear clearly, even those at the parking lot (about 350' away).
        • Tue at 10:41 AM
        K W Thanks a lot for the info. Really appreciate it.
        • Tue at 11:27 AM
  • 2020-10-27

Hi,

I have a strange issue that I have been unable to resolve... I ahve a love the new X-16 box on stage but in Arizona the Sun shines way too bright to use a Laptop or Tablet as a console.  Is there a Digital console that has WiFi capability to use with the X16?

Thanks

read more...
    0 3
    • Phillip Seaman
      Rex Beckett Hi Phillip, you could use an X-Touch as a physical control surface but it requires a wired network connection. Another solution is to switch to the Mixing Station app which has optional high-contrast display modes. I also find it helps to use a sunshade on my tablets.
      • Tue at 9:26 AM
    • Phillip Seaman
      AlanKonkal You can use the X-Touch with an Ethernet to WiFi adapter if you want to eliminate the Ethernet cable. I have used one of these for several years now and it works great. Here is the one I use. IOGEAR Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter, GWU637
      • 4 hours ago
  • 2020-10-26

Need a number for Behringer so I can contact theme.

0 7
    • Mike Mcewan
      Kyle Johnson Hi Mike, Kyle here with Music Tribe support. In order to contact Support, please click the Support link at the top of the page, scroll down and submit a Technical Support ticket.
      • Mon at 4:31 PM
  • 2020-10-26

I have just purchased a Xenyx QX1222USB mixer and I am unsure as to how I connect a monitor speaker to this mixer, I assume I use the Monitor send jack, if this is correct is this jack socket mono or stereo.

I have connected up main speakers and all is working fine but I do not get anything out of the monitor speaker which is powered.

read more...
    0 13
    • Mike Hocking
      Paul Vannatto Hi Mike, the Mon jack is a mono signal. Do you have the respective channel mon pots (red) turned up? Do you have the Mon master fader (lower right side) turned up (and not muted)?
      • Mon at 9:35 AM
  • 2020-10-24

X32 rackmount digital mixer - fantastic sound.  With the covid thing our band has been on hiatus.  Getting ready to start up again - Is there a way to make sure that I have the latest greatest updates and upgrades with software and firmware for my x32 and digital snake? 709 pages of updates.  I can't seem to narrow th search down unless there are only 2 listed in total.  Seems to me last year the page for updates and upgrades had a very nice display of what would apply.

read more...
    0 31
    • Steven Hormann
      Paul Vannatto Hi Steven, go to the X32 Rack product page (https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AWN). Click on the Software on the right side and you will get everything you need. Latest firmware is 4.03 and X32-Edit is 4.1.

What stagebox are you using? For its firmware update, go to its product page.
      • Oct 24
      • Updates and upgrades
        Steven Hormann Thanks Paul, it was exactly where you said. Downloaded both and will try to setup the sound system tomorrow for the band to start playing next weekend.
        • Oct 24
    • Steven Hormann
      Steven Hormann Thanks Paul, I will check it out. Stagebox? Digital snake that goes with the x32 - it works perfect.
      • Oct 24
      • Updates and upgrades
        Paul Vannatto Steven, the digital snake comprises of 2 or more pieces. There is the AES50 cable that goes between the X32 and the stagebox, and the stagebox (or stageboxes) themselves. Which stagebox model are you using (there are many to choose from). Make sure the stagebox firmware is up to date as well.
        • Oct 25
    • Steven Hormann
      Kevin Tisdall I'm finding that the link from Paul does not work. I get a 404 page not found error. Would like the newest x32-edit. Also, what version of the ipad x32 edit works properly with firmware 4.03 on the x32?
      • 5 hours ago
Go to page