Statistics

250,738 members
127,934 posts
  • bridgechurch
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-20

Is Behringer still honoring their warrentees? We have been unable to get support for quite some time and at this point I'm guessing that Behringer is no longer in business, or at the very least being phased out. We spent a small fortune on our equipment only to end up with no support at all. I am going to be returning all of our Behringer purchases.

read more...
    0 311
    • bridgechurch
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Adrian @bridgechurch

You are definitely making an assumption and guessing incorrectly. Music Tribe is very much still in business and honoring the warranty of all of their products. Before making a rash decision of returning product, why don't you give us a chance to see if we can help? Can you provide us some details?

• August 20, 2019
    • bridgechurch
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @bridgechurch,

Please fill out a web form here and PM me your case # (you'll get an email confirmation when you submit the web form) and I'll escalate it to one of my colleagues. 

• August 21, 2019
  • st00p
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-20

Been using the presnous series 3 for a while and I love the work flow but hate the preamps so thinking of going the dl32 x32 route. We do a lot of live recording so wanting the better preamps

But one thing I have noticed in my research is the limit of true mix busses. Only 16 on the x32

The presnous has 16 plus 4 dedicated stereo fx plus main out plus 4 sub groups . That’s 26. 

Our set up 5 stereo in ears, plus mono wedge. 2 reverbs, 2 delays, main out and 4 sub groups.  I can also add any vintage compressor eq emulation to any channel, aux, subgroup .... all independently.

Am I right in saying with the x32 that all aux feeds, sub groups, effects AND inserted vintage compressors have to use up one of the 16 busses. ? If that right that simply isn’t enough. Would I have to buy 2 x m32c racks to make this work ? 

Thansk 

read more...
    0 186
    • st00p
      Paul_Vannatto

@st00p wrote:

Am I right in saying with the x32 that all aux feeds, sub groups, effects AND inserted vintage compressors have to use up one of the 16 busses. ? If that right that simply isn’t enough. Would I have to buy 2 x m32c racks to make this work ? 

Welcome to the forum James. Any inserted FX do not use buses, since they are inserted into the signal path. Buses are used only when FX are sidechained. Subgroups can use buses or DCA's depending on whether you need any subgroup processing. If you have 5 stereo IEM and use the 4 FX slots as sidechain, that leaves 2 mixbuses for subgroups, etc.

The 16 mixbuses limitation in the X32/M32 are what they are. Please understand that the DSP engine design is nearly 10 years old (3 years of development + 7 years production) and was 1/3 the price of the nearest competitor when it was initially released. So the limitations are what they are.

• August 19, 2019
    • st00p
      GaryHiggins

I'm somewhat doubtfull of the 26 true buses on presonus. Pretty sure not on separate outs, though perhaps I'm wrong. I think if one were hyping the X32 one would say 16 mono buses, 6 matrix buses, 4 dedicated fx buses 1 mono/center bus, one main stereo=28. As for stereo in ears, you can use (keeping the FX bus on 13-16) 6 stereo mixes on 1-12 and use aux outs for adding dupes of any of those to get 3 more stereo or a total of 9. Or dont use 13-16 for fx and get 2 more on XLR (8 stereo) and 3 stereo 1/4 in aux out. Then insert fx.

Does the presonus offer 9 separate tap points for each bus, each independent of the other?

• August 20, 2019
  • bpd138
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-19

Hello,

Just a quick question; Will the Behringer SD8 work with the XR18 mixer?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Willie

0 249
  • 59Tele
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-17

Hi, I am a newbie here and hope someone can help me. Iam having trouble understanding the routing needed to set up FOH and monitors using x32 and s16.

Connections all good (green lights)

Physical Connections:

L/R outs s16 channels 7/8  (FOH)

monitor output channel 1 to (stage monitor)

Problem is I can't get the monitor out (channel 1) to function independantly of the main output fader to create a seperate stage mix.

I have tried many routing options and youtube tutorials but can't seem to figure it out.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

read more...
    0 227
    • 59Tele
      DaveMorrison

Hi @59Tele 

Give this scene a try.  

Under Routing: Outputs 1-16 : Main LR to output 7 & 8 and Mix Bus 01 to Output 1

RoutingAES50 A/BOut 1-8 to AES50-A 1-8

Make sure the S16 is Mode 1 (Mode 2 should also work with the scene I uploaded)

Here are (older) instructions for saving/uploading a scene. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
      Loading back to the mixer should be the opposite of these instructions.

scene 1.scn
      • August 17, 2019
    • 59Tele
      59Tele

Hi Dave,

Sorry to take so long to get back.

Scene loaded and saved, looks the goods sending on bus/monitor 1 but still not getting output to s16 channel 1, I'm working on this while re patching anologue desk as events at my school come up so have limited  time to continue trying options, I can hear the monitor if I change local out to AES50 but then have no control on faders so I am assuming all good with the AES output to 1 and I must be missing something obvious in routing. Thanks, Paul

• August 25, 2019
    • 59Tele
      DaveMorrison

@59Tele 

If you change local out to AES50 then you will have no control on faders because you are routing Input 1 directly to output 1. 

Everything looks like it should. Are you sending signal to Bus 1? I'm resending the scene with a few channels sending signal to bus 1.  I'm must be blind, but I'm not seeing a problem.

scene 1.scn
      • August 25, 2019
    • 59Tele
      59Tele

Hi Dave,

Thanks again for your patience and help, I routed to AES50 direct out just to see if signal was going there. Your probably right and there is just bus path I have overlooked.

I will have a look tomorrow and see how I go.

Thanks again, Paul

• August 25, 2019
  • Nice758
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-17

Hey guys why do I have to always eject and re insert the SD card in my X live card to allow it to record after turning on my X32 rack ?

0 115
  • Nice758
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-17

Hey guys why do I have to always eject and re insert the SD card in my X live card to allow it to record after turning on my X32 rack ?

0 145
    • Nice758
      Paul_Vannatto

@Nice758 wrote:

No, why do you ask? I leave them inserted and have no problems recording when desired.

• August 17, 2019
  • aerosmit
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-17

I have a S16 that has been working with our X32 for about two years and just stopped working.  They were connected on AES50 A.  Now they will not sysc and i suspect tha the x32 A port is bad.  I try to connect on B and can't get them to sych using the X32 internal clock and seeting 1 in the S16 (1-8).  I can get the S16 to sync if I switch to AES50B Clock on the X32 and switch the S16 to the right Freq mode, however I still don't get any input.  Changed all the routings to reflect the change from A to B but nothing.  Any Ideas? I even picked up another S16, but it has the same issues.  All firmware has been updated (X32 3.11 and S16 to 2.4)

Any help would be appreciated, charity event in 4 hours, alternative is to move the board to the stage and have everyone plug in directly.

read more...
    0 201
    • aerosmit
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Mark @aerosmit,

Welcome to the forum.

* Make sure that the S16 is in mode 1 (see instructions).

* Make sure the AES50 is connected to the S16 A port (not the B port - used only for cascading stageboxes).

* Make sure the X32 sync is set to internal.

* For inputs from the S16, make sure the Routing home (Inputs) is set to the appropriate AES50 banks of 8.

• August 17, 2019
    • aerosmit
      aerosmit

All sounds good, just that AES50 A apears to be nonfunctional.  Looks like the X32 need to go in for repair.  I was hoping to limp along with connecting to the AES50 B.

• August 17, 2019
    • aerosmit
      aerosmit

What do I do whenService doesn't reply to my online request and no one ever answers the phone?  Not too happy with service at this point.

• August 26, 2019
    • aerosmit
      daccsoundboard

Hey it seems that we might be having the same issue. Did you ever resolve your board?

• November 19, 2019
  • Catbasse
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-17

Hello,

It’ possible or not to export my scenes and shows with iPad app of X18 ?

Thanks !

0 121
    • Catbasse
      KenMitchell

Hi @Catbasse , 

Welcome to the community. Unfortunately there is no way to directly access the filesystem on an iPad due to restrictions Apple has put on the OS.    Shows are nothing more then folders (sub-directories) so this structure can easily be duplicated on a Mac, Windows, or Linux PC.   In order to "export" the scenes from the iPad to the PC, they have to be loaded into the mixer one at a time and then re-saved to the PC as a .scn file using X-Air Edit (or XAirGetScene). 

Let me know what questions you have. 

Ken

• August 17, 2019
  • RobertRothe
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-17

I have a monitoring question with my XR18. My goal is to set up at least one monitor output to mirror the mains. Using other resources, I discovered that one way to do this (using AUX1 as an example) was to set every channel's send to AUX1 as post-fader. Then, on AUX1, set all channel levels to unity and adjust the overall monitor level with the AUX1 master fader. This works pretty well.

However, I have several stereo tracks that are linked and I'm not quite sure how those get mixed down on AUX1 since it is mono. So my question is, when stereo channels are summed-to-mono on the aux bus does their overall perceived level change?

On the FOH side, I have the stereo channels hard-panned L/R appropriately.

Thanks in advance...

read more...
    0 430
    • RobertRothe
      RexBeckett

@RobertRothe 

Hi Robert, when you send a stereo channel to a mono bus, the two sides are summed. This results in a similar level to that if the two sides were reproduced separately. The combined level will be louder than one side alone, though. You could always reduce the send level by 3dB to compensate for this.

BTW: If you want a copy of the main mix, you could use a Sub Group signal tap for the sends. This is equivalent to a Post Fader send at 0dB.

• August 17, 2019
    • RobertRothe
      RobertRothe

@RexBeckett- thank you very much.  The 3db adjustment was the guidance I was looking for and makes complete sense.

Can you elaborate a bit on the subgroup suggestion?  Even if I used a subgroup, wouldn't I still have the issue that the stereo channels would be "over-represented" on the subgroup?  I do not fully understand subgroups on the XR18, so I'm a bit confused.

• August 17, 2019
  • TommyScars
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-14

I have an XR18 and running that to a Powerplay. I have some Bluetooth transmitters and a couple pairs of Shure SE215’s. I can get them to pair and working but getting a funky revers/delay sound and it will start getting choppy and delayed. Anyone know how to fix this so they can be used as IEM???

read more...
    0 172
    • TommyScars
      DaveMorrison

Hi @TommyScars 

The latency on a bluetooth transmitter/receiver pair will almost always cause a huge delay in the signal. You could probably time-align it by moving the PA speakers 100 yards away?

• August 14, 2019
    • TommyScars
      RichardYClark

The only way that any Bluetooth devices could possibly be used for IEM is if both transmitter and receivers use the aptX Low Latency audio codecs.

https://www.aptx.com/aptx-low-latency

• August 14, 2019
Go to page