Statistics

305,516 members
189,825 posts
  • jmccollum
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-10

I opened a case for my x32 Compact and s16 Digital Snake and have not received a response since the case was opened. I have been waiting for days now and need to know how I can contact someone in regards to this. I need to get the system fixed and back in operation.

read more...
    0 368
  • BrendenRobertso
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-10

Hi Gang, 

My left fader bank (1-8) is physically unresponsive. When touched, the fader value will be recognized digitally. No slipped belts, no apparent burn marks on the fader pcb, no motor response nor twiching, no apparent physical damage. 

Fader PCB disconnected, inspected and reassembled. All show data / factory settings / initialization wiped and restored.

Anyone else experiencing this?

read more...
    0 214
  • KevinAllen
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-09

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to add this, I couldn't find a feature/enhancement request section).

On X32, XR16 and XR12 please add a feature to the USB player to pause/stop at the end of playing a track. (I don't think this feature is relevant for XR18 as its USB interface is a DAW interface).

This would allow me to play a single sound effect or music track from the USB player without needing to hover over the pause/stop button and aiming to click it at just the right time to stop the next track playing!

On the UI this would probably be a check-box that can be selected to enable this feature.

Thanks!

Kevin

read more...
    0 247
    • KevinAllen
      RichardYClark Stopping at the end of each track playing from the USB player is the default. A feature request had to be made to ask to Play All Files in a folder which later firmwares do. So you should be able to deselect Play All Files in Folder somewhere in the USB Player page. I think there is a tick box, but not having an active mixer to hand I can't quite remember where it is.
      • July 9, 2019
    • KevinAllen
      Paul_Vannatto

@KevinAllen wrote:

On X32, XR16 and XR12 please add a feature to the USB player to pause/stop at the end of playing a track.

On the X32, this feature has been there all along (since I can remember). To play a folder with the USB player, select the Folder. To play single tracks, unselect Folder. I believe that is also the case with the XR16/XR12 (haven't used it in awhile).

• July 9, 2019
  • ChrisLewis
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-09

Hi. I recently purchased an X32 primarily for use with a live streaming project in my studio. I’m all good with that side if things, and I have it recording to Waves Tracks Live to multitrack record the bands that I’m streaming. 

My question is about recording to Reaper (I have that set up too already). If I want to record tracks separately, how do I set things up so that I can monitor tracks already recorded whilst recording? I’m finding it tough to find much info about this! I thought it would just be a routing thing, but the nearest I found was someone saying something about setting the DAW so it plays back a stereo mix into the channels. Is that it? Can I have the DAW play a stereo mix back through say channels 31 and 32 whilst still in record mode?

Sorry for my stupidity, digi desks are still very new to me!

read more...
    0 124
    • ChrisLewis
      Paul_Vannatto

@ChrisLewis wrote:

My question is about recording to Reaper (I have that set up too already). If I want to record tracks separately, how do I set things up so that I can monitor tracks already recorded whilst recording? I’m finding it tough to find much info about this! I thought it would just be a routing thing, but the nearest I found was someone saying something about setting the DAW so it plays back a stereo mix into the channels. Is that it? Can I have the DAW play a stereo mix back through say channels 31 and 32 whilst still in record mode?

Hi Chris,

Reaper, by default sends the main mix out the ASIO USB 1/2 pair. On the X32, the most efficient way to bring in only 2 USB inputs is to assign them to the Aux In Remap (Setup, home (or Inputs)). Then you can assign CRD1 and CRD2 to the desired channel strip sources (Aux 1 and Aux 2 defaults to the first 2 Aux In Remap sources).

• July 9, 2019
  • gillbert1027
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-08

We currently have the 4 powered p16 outputs on the sd 16 sending signal to 4 p16m systems. Just yesterday everything was working fine. Today when we came in only one of the p16 monitors was getting signal and we could hear audio through it. All the other ones powered up, but had no signal running through it. When connected to the port . that had signal it works fine. Could it be that the 3 ports fried and only one is working? 

read more...
    0 240
    • gillbert1027
      GaryHiggins

@gillbert1027  Its possible i would guess. Have you tried the working one in other ports? Tried the working port with the other P16M's? Im thinking cables maybe or rj45 connection loose...The P16M is pretty tuff as is the SD16.

• July 7, 2019
    • gillbert1027
      gillbert1027

Yes when we connected one if the other p16m into the working port it worked just fine. Vice versa, when I connected the working p16m to another port nothing played.

• July 8, 2019
  • tarp21
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-06

Need help. Been using laptop with Reaper for our backing tracks with an XR18. Laptop didn't work in our outside show because of humid conditions. And I tried a fan etc to no effect. We use Reaper with a few tracks to the audience and click and count in, along with the music via IEM'S. Each backing track is separate so we have full control over everything. What I'm looking is a DAW for ipad/android that will allow all the same features as with Reaper and a laptop that I described above. AND then to use ipad/android with the xr18. Anyone doing this already? I researched until I'm blue in the face and can't find anything out. Were not interested in recording and there seems to be a lot of options for that. We need for playback only, separate tracks with ability to control it all, plus click and count in for in ears only, not to audience at all. Can anyone help?

read more...
    0 476
    • tarp21
      tarp21

I've researched tons of different apps as well, none specifically say we can use their apps just like we have been doing either 

• July 6, 2019
    • tarp21
      tarp21

Okay here's what I'm doing. I use Karaoke Version for my backing tracks. We use the drums, background vocals and acoustic guitar to FOH.  All on separate tracks, not tied together so we have full control over them. Every track has been downloaded individually, converted to wav, and normalized as a whole. Each song is done this way, and normalization the same for each song. The count in and click for each song is also downloaded but they go to our IEMS only. Running everything through Reaper and using the built in interface on the xr18. I'm looking to do all this with an iPad or android tablet. I realize I won't be able to download each track the same way because of space limitations of the tablet and may not be able to download each track and multitrack with a tablet. BUT having click and count in to IEMS is an absolute must. Does anyone know how to go about doing this? I'm desperate 

• July 6, 2019
    • tarp21
    • tarp21
      tarp21

Thanks for the help but that looks extremely complicated and I have no idea how and where in the world I would begin with that or if it will even do what I need. 

• July 6, 2019
    • tarp21
      KenMitchell

Take a look at Audio Evolution Mobile Studio: http://www.extreamsd.com/

I find the Android version to be much better since it uses it's own custom USB Audio driver vs. using the built-in iOS audio.  It officially supports the XR18 and should do what you want. 

On another note, why not just get a new laptop. It sounds like your laptop is having hardware issues. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• July 7, 2019
  • lysknight
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-06

Hello all !

I bought an X-32 COMPACT Behringer ONLY to be able to connect:

a Roland TR-8S
    a Novation Bass Station
    a MOOG 37sub
    an Elektron Digitakt
    a MICROPHONE

All the equipment above is also connected via USB into the computer (except the microphone)

I use ABLETON LIVE 10  under WINDOWS 10 using an MSI desktop computer

When I select HOME -> INPUT -> LOCAL 1-8 I can hear the sound of all my harware instrument
    BUT when I want to hear the sound coming from the computer/ABLETON I have to switch to HOME -> INPUT -> CARD 1-8. and then SELECT MAIN LR BUS. Because all my instrument are connected via USB I can hear them as well because of the setup thru ABLETON.

The issue? 
    When I use CARD 1-8 I LOOSE my microphe sound !! it won't let me push the 48V button, no meter input.
    When I select HOME -> INPUT -> LOCAL 1-8 I LOOSE any sound coming from the computer.

I don't understand all these "cards", "local" etc etc... I simply bought this to be able to connect my devices. BEGGING for your help... thank you so much for your time.

Oliver

read more...
    0 221
    • lysknight
      RexBeckett

@lysknight 

Hello Oliver, welcome to the forum.

As you have found, signal routing on the X32 is often switched in groups of eight. So when you switch inputs 1-8 from Local to Card, all eight inputs change from analogue input to USB. The simplest solution is to connect your mic to input/channel 9.

• July 6, 2019
    • lysknight
      DaveMorrison

@lysknight 

Recording consoles come in two types: Inline and split. Your mixer has can function as either. The question is "how do you want to work?" If you want the playback from Ableton to go through the same exact input channels as the instruments, use inline as you already are and switch between playback and recording. You have more than enough channels to playback all your Ableton channels and keep your instruments live at the same time by returning the USB channels to 9-32 or 16-32.

• July 6, 2019
    • lysknight
      lysknight

Thank you SO MUCH !!! It did work. So in fact I ended up moving ALL my instruments to the lower part (9 thru 16). That way no conflict.It had been 4 days that I wanted a solution. I cannot thank you enough....

Of course there are still things which are still a mystery for me:

1) How does one use the buttons you slide up and down to CONTROL not the VOLUME but the AMOUNT of sound you are injecting in your DAW (as ABLETON sliders have no effects when I use External instruments)

2) This maybe related: recording thru the microphone without the the speakers being on. I had a FOCUSRITE audio interface (only two inputs) and the amount recording level and the sound level were independant. 

• July 6, 2019
    • lysknight
      RexBeckett

@lysknight wrote:

1) How does one use the buttons you slide up and down to CONTROL not the VOLUME but the AMOUNT of sound you are injecting in your DAW (as ABLETON sliders have no effects when I use External instruments)

2) This maybe related: recording thru the microphone without the the speakers being on. I had a FOCUSRITE audio interface (only two inputs) and the amount recording level and the sound level were independant. 

@lysknight 

When the local inputs are routed to the USB card, the recorded signal is that from the pre-amps - directly after the analogue/digital converter. None of the channel controls, including the sliding knob (fader), will affect the recorded signal. The recorded level can be adjusted with the pre-amp Gain controls. Usually it is best to set the pre-amp gain so that the input meters (or those in the DAW) peak at around -18dBFS to -12dBFS. This gives a reasonable recording level and leaves enough headroom for performance variations.

The faders will adjust the level of the playback and live channels in the Main LR and any monitor mixes that you may set up. You can also use the channel's Mute button to remove it from Main LR or monitors while recording.

• July 6, 2019
    • lysknight
      lysknight Thank you REX.

I still haven't figure out how to record thru the microphone WITHOUT the sound coming out from the speakers. Have you read the manual that comes with the X 32 COMPACT ? I did ! It's like I would be ready to learn Chinese

One cool thing (as I do know my instruments) I solved the Elektron Digitakt not being seen in Ableton port (it only works using the overbridge VST). I MIDI SYNCed it with the Roland TR-8S so they both show in the same port. The audio recorded perfectly in Ableton either one or both together... as having two drums machines / samplers put together when composing is simply out of this world.

Please if anyone can help with recording voice only thru the headphones... thank you again !!
      • July 6, 2019
  • dtgriscom
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-05

I'm very interested in the XR16, and would set it up either in Ethernet mode (hard-wired to a switch) or in WiFi Client mode (connecting to a separate WiFi access point). Can any computer/laptop/phone that's on the same network control the unit, or can I set a password that's required before controlling it?

(Note that I know I could set a password if it was in Access Point mode, where it's waiting for other WiFi devices to connect, but that isn't what I'd be doing.)

Thanks,

Dan

read more...
    0 212
    • dtgriscom
      RexBeckett

@dtgriscom 

Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum.

Anyone connected to the same network, with the correct app, could access and control the mixer. There is no mechanism in the mixer for limiting access.

There is a control app for Android and iOS devices that can use passwords to restrict access but this would not prevent control by one of the other apps.

• July 5, 2019
    • dtgriscom
      dtgriscom BTW, I've worked around this issue by using a managed network switch and VLANs. The PC that controls the XR16 are on the same VLAN, but nothing else is, so the switch prevents anything else from contacting the XR16. (Since the XR16 can't access the DHCP server it has to be configured with a static IP.)
      • September 9, 2021
  • BerlinChurchCol
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-04

Hello,

I preparing to set up the X32 with S32, P-16D, and P-16M.  I have downloaded the X32 Edit app for Mac.  I am watching a Behringer webinar about the X32 and P-16M programming.  The X32 Edit app is different from the X32 app that is being used in the video, which is closer to the real X32 mixer, unlike the X32 Edit for Mac.  Is there a way to view the X32 Edit app the same as in the live mixer?

read more...
    0 769
    • BerlinChurchCol
      Paul_Vannatto

@BerlinChurchCol wrote:

Hello,

I preparing to set up the X32 with S32, P-16D, and P-16M.  I have downloaded the X32 Edit app for Mac.  I am watching a Behringer webinar about the X32 and P-16M programming.  The X32 Edit app is different from the X32 app that is being used in the video, which is closer to the real X32 mixer, unlike the X32 Edit for Mac.  Is there a way to view the X32 Edit app the same as in the live mixer?

Those webinars are probably the ones Joe Sanborn and John DiNicola made for us back in 2013 (6 years ago). Much has changed since then, including the X32-Edit interface. Back then it was very similar to the console interface. When they released firmware 3.0 they changed to the new (current) interface which is significantly different, but just as capable in setting up whatever you need. I may have a copy of the older interface for the Mac at home (I normally use my PC). But it may be better for you to explain exactly what you want to do and we can help you do it with the newer interface.

• July 4, 2019
    • BerlinChurchCol
      KenOkajima

I had the X32 Edit program working great on my mac, and suddenly a few weeks ago it would not launch.  Since then, no luck.  Any advice?

• November 11, 2019
    • BerlinChurchCol
      DaveMorrison

@KenOkajima 

Which OS version are you running now? Catalina?

• November 11, 2019
    • BerlinChurchCol
      KenOkajima

Mojave 10.14.6

2.9Ghz Intel Core i9

16 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4

• November 12, 2019
    • BerlinChurchCol
      DaveMorrison

@KenOkajima 

you could try to trash the "~Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Preferences⁩:com.Music-Group.X32-Edit.plist" file.

I would normally tell you to download a new copy, but they're not availble this week at behringer.com.

When my X32-Edit started getting flaky, I started using M32-Edit. It's got nicer colors and you can still get 3.2 (at least today). https://www.midasconsoles.com/Categories/Midas/Mixers/Digital/M32/p/P0B3I/Downloads#googtrans(en|en) 

• November 12, 2019
  • sounddesigner
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-03

So I'm using the X32 Compact with QLab 4 as a soundcard with a MacBook Air running 10.13.6. The USB ports on the MacBook Air are USB 3.0. 

I have the card set to 16 inputs and 16 outputs. The sample rate is set to 44.1k

Synchronization is set to Internal. The other options are AES50A and B, and Exp. Card is an unselectable option.

On the MacBook Air, under Audio/MIDI Setup, sample rate matches. It's actually not adjustable here.

I have the inputs on the X32 assigned to the card, and then those inputs routed to individual Mix Buses.

When I do this over USB, I get intermittent pops, and after some time the audio becomes choppy, and I have to unplug the USB cable from the computer, plug it back in, and then the choppiness goes away (pops continue though).

However, over FireWire (which is a ThunderBolt-to-FireWire-800 adapter and and FireWire-800-to-FireWire-400 cable) I am not having issues. Luckily the theatre I am working in has an older X32 Compact with FireWire as an option on the card (looks like FireWire has been removed from the more recent X32's). 

Have other people run into this issue with the X32 as an interface over USB? Even though I seem to have the issue resolved using it over FireWire, I'd like to figure out what the issue is over USB. I understand it's a slower speed, but I've used other Behringer interfaces (like the UMC1820) over USB without these issues. I also want to figure it out since it seems FireWire might not have full support in the future...and other places I work might have newer X32's with only USB on the card.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 352
    • sounddesigner
      Paul_Vannatto

@sounddesigner wrote:

So I'm using the X32 Compact with QLab 4 as a soundcard with a MacBook Air running 10.13.6. The USB ports on the MacBook Air are USB 3.0. 

That (USB 3.0) in all likehood is the culprit. That X-UF card is an old card and was discontinued at about the time that the X32 Compact (and X32 Rack) were first released. If that Compact came with an X-UF card it probably came from the very first shipment. The reason they had to discontinue it was that the chipset manufacturer discontinued that chipset and they had no choice but to switch to another USB only. I wouldn't be a bit surprised that the X-UF card is having timing issues with the Mac USB 3.0. I would suggest you consider getting one of the newer X-Live cards.

• July 3, 2019
Go to page