Statistics

250,738 members
127,934 posts
  • New
    smej
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-17

Hello,

I am planning to buy the Behringer Flow 8, but I am not sure about the available channels on the computer. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to control the following audio channels:

• Game audio
    • Voice audio (Teamspeak/Discord)
    • Music
    • Brower sound
    • Alerts

I want to control each audio channel separately through the Flow 8 into the main output. In OBS, I want to use the main output of the Flow 8 to send this to the stream.

Furthermore, I would like to control the output to the stream and the output a my headphones separately. So that, for example, the music on the headphones is very quiet, but still perceptible as background music in the stream.

read more...
    0 10
    • smej
      RexBeckett Hello smej, the Flow 8 can take two stereo pair USB returns from a computer. USB 1/2 can be routed to mixer channels 5/6 or the BT/USB channel. USB 3/4 can be routed to mixer channels 7/8. So, if all your sources are on the same PC, you would need to premix them to two stereo pairs using something like VoiceMeeter.

To listen on headphones to something other than the main mix, you could make a separate mix on Monitor 1/2 buses and use an external headphone amp.
      • Sep 17
  • New
    meyerm8
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-17

We have a WING permanent install in our church sanctuary, with aux send mixes sent to dedicated wireless units for each "position" in the band.  We always recall the entire board from a preset that has been dialed in for optimal live and broadcast mix sound (which means any temporary changes to in ear mixes for our platform performers varying personal preferences have to be manualled dialed back in every time).

Wouldn't it be awesome if, for example, each of our 3 bass players who use the same mix and dedicated wireless pack could each save their preferred mix levels locally in the app - such that they could be easily recalled, regardless of what baseline preset/scene was loaded on the main board?

Is there an existing way to achieve this I have not found?  If not - could this new product feature be considered for future app and/or firmware releases for WING?

read more...
    1 13
    • meyerm8
      KevinMaxwell If they were each using Mixing Station Pro (MSP) to adjust their In Ear Monitor (IEM) mix they can save their mix in MSP on their device and recall it when it is their turn to play.
      • Sep 17
      • WING - Feature request?  Save snapshot of mix settings on Wing Q app...
        KevinMaxwell If you need help with how to do that let us know and we will help you.
        • ·
        • Sep 17
        meyerm8 That would be great - please advise!
        • Sep 17
        KevinMaxwell In Mixing Station Pro each person using the app should be in restricted mode and if they select which Mix Bus is for them then they can save their settings. From the mixer screen they will see a folder Icon in the upper right corner. If they click on that, a window will pop up where they can select “New” and that gives them the ability to save (name) a “New Preset”. Then the next time that they are playing they just need to go to that same folder screen and click on the preset that they saved but this time select load. Just clicking on the preset name will call it up and ask if you want to load it. When you load it the settings that you saved will be recalled.

I hope that helps you. There is a lot of capability to customize how Mixing Station works and looks. So keep that in mind when looking at Mixing Station. I just setup a custom layout for a church to help their Singers mix their own IEM.
        • ·
        • Sep 17
    • meyerm8
      meyerm8 Worked great for me today at service, going to make a custom layout and share with the rest of the band. Thanks!!
      • Sep 19
        KevinMaxwell I am glad that it worked for you. If you make a custom layout can you please share it on the Mixing Station community and make it public, I would like to see it. And please post a link to it if you don't mind.
        • Sep 19
        KevinMaxwell In my custom Layout I have a few IDCAs along with a few channels. One IDCA is all other singers, one is talking, one is Instruments, one is drums and one is Playback and one is the 2 ambient mics. And a few faders are actual channels. It is a handy way to give full control but not have to deal with all of the faders. If you have the mixer settings set to “Popgroups” then when someone touches the IDCA name (on a IDCA fader) the channels in the IDCA pop up on the screen and you can mix those channels there. If you turn off the “Popgroups” then when you touch the IDCA name a screen pops up showing you what is in the IDCA and you can add or take things out of the IDCA at that time. It is very handy way to make changes for each person’s personal preference.

I also set it up so that the sound person can Solo the Mix bus for each person’s IEM mix and can help them if they need it. They have an X32 at FOH and an X32Rack as the Monitor mixer. So it is a little bit tricky as to how I am doing that.
        • Sep 19
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-16

Hi

Hi

Is there an internal GEQ/PEQ that I can assign to a monitor (aux) send in an XAir 18 please?

I'm pretty sure I can switch monitor sends between Post Fader and Pre Fader with one button, but is there a way I can make the monitor pre-eq please? It doesn't make such sense to me to be post-eq because that means every change in the house is going to appear in the monitors, and who wants that?

Thank you

Phil

read more...
    0 10
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Each channel has one EQ, which can be set as PEQ, GEQ or TEQ. If you need separate EQ to the sends to buses, I would suggest you invest in some P16 (which have basic EQ) that use the Ultranet port.

Using the X-Air Edit app, the channel sends taps to buses can be set as: Input, Pre EQ, Post EQ, Pre Fader, Post Fader or Subgroup (on the channel's Sends screen)
      • Sep 16
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi. I just watched a Youtube video on the X Air app. I'm assuming that this was the laptop version of the same software these guys want me to run using an Android Pad - correct me if I am wrong. I saw how to change the pickoff point for the aux send which is great. If I select Pre EQ is that post compressor please?
      • Sep 16
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto The X-Air Edit (for Windows, Mac, linux and Raspberry Pi) is a full editor, which is different than all android and iOS (tablet and phone) apps. The android/iOS apps are designed to be mixing apps. The best one available is Mixing Station Pro. I use both for all my events, using X-Air Edit (on my linux laptop) to setup and troubleshoot and Mixing Station Pro (on my android tablet) to mix the show.

The "pickoff point" is called a tap. On the X-Air console, the EQ comes before the compressor. Therefore Pre-EQ and Post-EQ are both pre-compressor. Typically you don't want compression happening in monitor mixes. If for some reason you have to have compression but not EQ, you would need to upgrade to an X32, which allows a change in the signal path to put the compressor pre or post of the EQ.
      • Sep 17
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto I'm not sure why you are so concerned about using the channel EQ for both FOH and monitors. These EQ are to adjust the inputs for feedback control and minor input response massaging. Typically you would want the same for both FOH and monitors. For example, a vocal mic would typically have a low cut (to cut out rumble and low end mud), a high shelf (for air) and some mid cuts for feedback control. All that you would want for both FOH and monitors. The EQ differences lies in the outputs to adjust for speaker responses and that would be done using the output EQ (eg Main LR, bus outputs, etc.). And normally all of these adjustments would be done during soundcheck and left as is for the performance.
      • Sep 17
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58

Hi Paul. Thanks for all the comments and tips. I only have the android tablet with this particular band and I don't know what the software is called. Unfortunately I must have been watching a Youtube tutorial for the laptop version. When the guy clicked the aux bus it activated a button to open an equalizer for the bus - so does that mean that I wouldn't be able to access that equalizer from the tablet please? I like the idea of using a Windows laptop with Edit to augment the tablet and Mixing Station Pro is only 6 bucks. I'm not a computer guy though - would I be lucky enough for the laptop to detect the wifi signal automatically?

• Sep 17
  • New
    Bastian
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-16

I have a Xenyx X1222usb mixer, the problem is, after recording I can't listen to the recording via a 2tr/usb mixer.. please enlighten me, thank you

0 15
  • New
    Mangelo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-15

I am a new X32 owner user. I have 1 amp that has 2 channels. 1 channel feeds a main and the other channel feeds a sub. I have set up my main and sub as two separate Matrix mixes.

Is this the best configuration in this circumstance?

read more...
    0 5
    • Mangelo
      Paul_Vannatto Are you planning on running the Main outputs as mono? Are you wanting the subs setup as aux fed subs or output of the Main LR?
      • Sep 15
      • New x32 user route question
        Mangelo I only have one main speaker and one sub. I went through the matrix cuz i was led to believe that I could only do the crossover processing that way. Is there a better way? I saw several YouTube videos suggesting the matrix setup is better versus aux fed.
        • Sep 15
    • Mangelo
      Paul_Vannatto I always use the Main M/C for the subs using the aux fed setup, where only specific channels (kick, fl toms, bass, keys, etc.) go to the subs. If you don't want that, then use the Main LR for your main speaker with appropriate EQ and send the Main LR to a matrix for the subs (with appropriate EQ). It only means that everything is going to both tops and subs.
      • Sep 15
  • New
    jburton2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-15

Hello,

One of my channels on an x32 Rack is metering correctly, but no sound is coming out of the mains.

All settings for that channel appear to be correct, and routing is as it should be.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Jim

read more...
    0 11
    • jburton2
      Paul_Vannatto On the channel's Main screen, check that the LR is enabled. Also check for a DCA assignment to that channel. If so, check that the DCA is not muted or its fader is all the way down.
      • Sep 15
    • jburton2
      Nigel67 Hi jburton2. If trying what Paul has suggested doesn't work, try a factory reset. Make sure that you have backed up any show / preset files, etc to USB before hand. This will at least give you a default position to start with no effects, DCA's assigned, etc. Don't load a show in, just input a signal and send to the main outputs. If you are still not having any joy, then I would suggest filling in a Technical Support Ticket and we will be able to help you further, probably will require a repair if the factory reset doesn't work. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
      • Sep 15
  • New
    LucaVignali
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-15

Good morning
    is it possible with x-touch and xr16 to manage 1/64 snapshots

even one command would be enough to move to the next/prev snapshot

thanks

0 10
  • New
    Robertjohn52
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-14

The Behringer X32 compact digital mixing desk, Is this product discontinued?

0 20
    • Robertjohn52
      Paul_Vannatto I don't believe so. Why do you ask?
      • Sep 14
    • Robertjohn52
      Nigel67 Hi Robertjohn52. I can definitely confirm what Paul has mentioned above in that X32 Compact is not discontinued.
      • Sep 14
  • New
    Paul_Vannatto
    Volunteer Moderator
    2021-09-14

The Wing Snipshot Toolbox has just been updated to 1.03 with the following new features

• Converter is now bi-directional - X32 scene to Wing snapshot, or Wing snapshot to X32 scene
    • A basic Wing snapshot parser
    • Added setup options

As always, suggestions, bug reports and questions are welcome

read more...
    3 14
  • New
    johnd73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-14

Hello, looking for help bypassing the WiFi and hooking up my X18 directly from iPad (lightning connector) to ethernet port on rear of my mixer. I have the lightning to ethernet cable hooked up already, need to know what settings under Ethernet menu to toggle. Static? DHCP? or DHCPS?

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 15
    • johnd73
      PedroRodrigues Hi johnd73 I understand the type of implementation you are trying to achieve but please consider that the lightning to Ethernet cable will preset issues and might not connect and I would advise to use an external modem on your XR18 on ETHERNET MODE and connect your IPAD via WIFI, I understand that is exactly what you would like to bypass but effectively in this case this may be the best solution.
      • Sep 14
Go to page