Statistics

249,414 members
126,419 posts
  • KurtHutchison
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-19

Just wanted to double check, my understanding is scene save files are compatible across the midas M32 line (including the X32).

Hoping it's a dropt-in replacement (we only use AES-50 and very few of the back-panel connectors, nothing the M32R doesn't have).

This would be a one-shot upgrade, so some minor loss could probably be accomodated.

thanks.

read more...
    0 165
    • KurtHutchison
      DaveMorrison

@KurtHutchison 

Yes. The are the same file format and you can move scenes from one console to another. You can even use the same apps to control them both. 

Edit: Be aware that the full size X32 has the LR outputs on XLR 15 and 16; whereas, the M32R is 7 & 8. If your sending the mains (LR) to a stage box over AES50, they will be the same.

• November 19, 2019
  • MikeDrennan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-18

Ca someone tell me how to order replacement screws for for attachment of the plastic side panels to the chassis of the M32R?  I think they are T15 torx.  One appears to be about 17mm from head to toe, and the other about 12mm.

6BFAE8B1-ECB7-422C-8D79-A171F4DC75F6.jpeg

A9E84DF8-E7D9-4EC3-8017-3BFF6819AD28.jpeg

read more...
    0 96
    • MikeDrennan
      LucasLettmann

i think the easiest and cheapest way would be to go to your local screw/metal dealer and purchase some of these (only cent per piece in packs of 1000)

• November 23, 2019
  • Macadamia
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-18

So I lost my settings after Fw 4 update. Now got sound working with DAW (PT) somehow main mix is coming out of 1-2, I'd like it on Main fader. Help!!

0 115
  • Mentor
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-18

I am having a issue when I try to rout audio between Midas M32R and Tesira Server. All the inputs look to be direct outputs, and I dont have any fader control on the input.

0 125
    • Mentor
      RexBeckett

@Mentor 

Hello Mentor, welcome to the forum.

When you are setting routing on the Routing -> Card Output page, the Local and AES signal will be the direct inputs before any channel processing. If you want to use signals from other signal taps, you should Stage them on the Output 1-16, Ultranet or Aux Out tabs.

If you upgade to firmware V4.0, you can also use the new User Out routing to manage the individual signals instead of being tied to blocks of eight.

If you attach your scene file (see Choose File button below), and tell us what channels/taps you want routed to the card outputs, we could give you more specific help. Do tell us which firmware version you are using.

• November 18, 2019
  • Eduard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-17

Some scenes from my M32R were deleted. Is it possible to restore them back?

0 154
    • Eduard
      GaryHiggins

@Eduard If they were truely deleted, they are gone for good afaik. Is it possible they are on a usb drive in a different folder? Or stored on your computer? Sorry if they are gone.

• November 18, 2019
    • Eduard
      adam_nowak

Sorry to hear that ... but deleted is deleted

FW update can cause data loss
      From version 4.00 there is a backup function available on the setup page
      It will ask to backup when you will do the next update, so this should not happen anymore from now on, unless you dont read the warnings ...

Do a backup regularly, and backup the backups on different devices

Best regards

• November 27, 2019
  • PatrickGMaillot
    Valued Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-17
    Maybe an answer here (or at least a starting point): https://youtu.be/7GgKUE7CIrE Any interest for this?
    0 126
  • TMLSound
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-15

A local church has purchased a M-32 Live console and brouo.ght the mixer to me to learn how to use it and then set it up in the local church. They have already installed 3 JBL Arrays. I want to set the mixer up to run LRC or LR+Mon. I have no problem getting the sound out too the L&R Main fader. Need  help on how to set up a mono mix of all the channels to go to the center array. The Behringher X-32 has a L&R slider output and another Center mono slider right beside it with corresponding XLR outputs on the back of the console. How will I be able to do this on the M-32. It has no seperate XLR out to go the the mono center array...thanks in advance, Mark Little

read more...
    0 187
    • TMLSound
      RexBeckett

@TMLSound 

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum.

The M32 and X32 have very similar functionality. Each channel and  mixbus can send to the Main LR and Mono/Centre buses. The Mono/Centre fader is shown on the Main tab. You can choose between LR+Mono or LCR panning on the Setup -> Mixer tab. The Mono/Centre bus can be routed to an XLR output through the Routing -> Outputs 1-16 and Routing -> XLR Out tabs.

If you need help with routing, attach your current scene file to your post (see Choose File button below).

• November 15, 2019
    • TMLSound
      TMLSound

Thank you for that information. I want to be able to set up a mono mix output on XLR Mix Out 14 for all channels on the mixer. I will use this out along with the regular stereo outs on Mix Out 14 and 15. I need to know how to assign all channels to a Mix Buss XLR out on 14.  Thanks..Mark

• November 16, 2019
  • bigmickjr
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-14

Hello everyone!

I've been using X32 and M32s since they shook the live sound world. I am also an "IT" guy at my day job...

My laptop is running Ubuntu Studio 18.04.3

I use an M32C for alot of bar gigs but have never gotten M32 Edit to work correctly, so I have been using X32 edit which did work...

The App loads fine, and I can edit show files with no problem. However, when I try to connect to the console, I get the Synchronizing dialog but the progress bar stays at 0%. I usually have to kill the process to get my computer back.

In the settings dialog, it finds the console with its correct IP.

X32 Edit used to load just fine. That is until I updated to 4.0. Now both M32 and X32 Edit (app version 4.0 as well..) do the same thing.

Mixing Station Pro connects fine every time.

The console has a static IP of 192.168.10.32, and I have verified thats where the console is (Mixing Station connects on that IP...)

I usually use the laptop wired to the router, but this happens on WiFi as well.

Many moons ago, I feel like I had to either install missing dependncies or create a symlink for something, but I can't remember if that actually happened lol..

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

read more...
    0 166
    • bigmickjr
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi @bigmickjr 

I just downloaded the M32 Edit and X32 Edit 4.0 and checked it on my X32 Rack and both connected without any issues. I'm using linux Mint 19.1 64 bit. By the way this version of Edit is 64 bit only.

• November 14, 2019
    • bigmickjr
      bigmickjr

Hey @Paul_Vannatto Thanks for the reply!

Weird. I am using the x86_64 architecture of Ubuntu Studio 18.04.3.

I'll keep digging!

• November 15, 2019
    • bigmickjr
      MatthiasKnäpper

Hi @bigmickjr ,

I recently updated my M32 and recognized that afterwards the console lost it's static ip-address and switched to dhcp. After reconfiguring the console to static ip-addresses everything worked again .

Best regards

Matthias

• November 16, 2019
    • bigmickjr
      bigmickjr

Hey @MatthiasKnäpper 

That's not really the trouble I'm having, but wow. How long after the update did it start losing it's static IP?

I just ran my first show on 4.0 tonight, didn't have any trouble. I have to use the old X32 Edit (3.12 I think???) to load my show files and as always Mixing Station was reliable.

I'd like to know more about the static problem tho!

• November 16, 2019
    • bigmickjr
      MatthiasKnäpper

Hi @bigmickjr ,

I could not answer your question seriously but I believe the static ipaddress went during update.

I executed the update directly after the automatic download in the evening and did some initial checks without using exeternal devices. Just looking at the console.

Yesterday we met in our rehearsal room to discuss some parts of two songs. I tried to connect with the iPad-App without success. Then I checked the ip-settings and recognized that the console switched to dhcp. I switched again to the static ip address and the console was available again.

Up to now I did not test whether Mixing station works or not. I will try it out during this lazy Sunday.

Best regards

Matthias

• November 16, 2019
  • MikeEsonic
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-14

Hi.

Just updated to the new FW on M32. The faders now move much slower when changing layers.. Is that part of the new software update?

0 1,150
    • MikeEsonic
      GaryHiggins

@MikeEsonic It is part of the update. See second to last line below.

new features:

- point to point user routing, 4 input and 6 output banks (32 in / 48 out)

- DP48/HUB4 remote configuration support

- DP48 setup page with preset library

- send pan optionally follows LR pan function

- full backup export/restore function

- new keyboard with channel name suggestions/history and keyboard layouts

- X32Core/M32C: Export Show function

- M32/M32R: V.1 Fader option (forces update of faderboards, requires reboot)

- option for coloured RTA bars

• November 14, 2019
    • MikeEsonic
      nicholi

"M32/M32R: V.1 Fader option (forces update of faderboards, requires reboot)"

This is not very clear.  So are we supported to enable this setting?  What exactly is its functuon whether enabled or disabaled?

• November 14, 2019
    • MikeEsonic
      GaryHiggins

@nicholi I think the word option here is meant more like 'feature'...not really a user option or choice, in other words updating the faders for the Midas boards is part of the update period, it comes with the package, no matter...BUT this is only my opinion. I had the same experience and saw no option to update or not update the faders.  

• November 14, 2019
    • MikeEsonic
      nicholi

Hi Gary,

Hmm.  I am not at the board now but under System there is an option to enable or dsable the "feature".  The mixer will reboot.  It does not change change the fader speed howwever from what I can tell.  So I am trying to figure out if it should be enable or not and what is the benefit.  I guess the questions should be.  What is V.1 Fader? What versions of the boards does this affect M32 with black buttons or rubber?

• November 14, 2019
    • MikeEsonic
      MikeEsonic

@nicholi Yes I did the same thing. I enabled V.1 Fader option and I thought it would change the speed but it did not. Still trying to figure out what it does, and if you can change the back to original speed. Also, I’m thinking they changed the speed to save the motors so they last longer. 

• November 15, 2019
  • paranoid79
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-14

Hi everybody,

I've updated my M32 to FW4.0, but my KT DN32 Card seems not to work properly: I can regularly see my M32 on my Dante Network and it seems to be ok, but when I patch Input Card on the desk kind of "glitches" appearing costantly..

Does anybody knows something about this?

I've already checked new FW on my KT site for DN32, but nothing new is appeared..

I had come back to FW 3.1.1 and everything is ok, so probably  I need to wait.

Thx a lot for your help

read more...
    0 225
Go to page