Statistics

254,452 members
132,139 posts
  • iTheAlterEgo
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-12-03

M32-R Panning in DAW Remote mode.

Hello all. 

I am using my M32-R In DAW Remote mode, how do I get the pan knob and solo buttons to work with the selected channel I am using? I have no idea how to solve this, as there is only a dedicated main bus Pan/Bal knob and no pan for each channel. I am using Cubase 10.5 Pro on a Mac with OS Mojave.

Thanks in advance.

Please help.

read more...
    0 494
  • rvasoundguy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-02

I installed 4.0 to my M32R and had to go back to 3.12 recently to use the board and will be starting from scratch to set up my board with 4.0 again.

The problem I encountered is I had no control with the channel faders to the main LR out. It was working fine on 3.12 with channels into DCA groups and DCA groups to LR.  I then installed 4.0 and loaded a scene that was created with 3.12.  With 4.0 I had no control with my faders. I saw signal coming into the DCA groups but the DCA faders had no effect. Also the channel faders had no effect on the LR output.  All channels were going directly to LR as if being sent prefader.

So when this happened I loaded 3.12 back to the mixer and loaded my scene I created with 3.12 and everything worked fine.

read more...
    0 132
    • rvasoundguy
      RexBeckett

@rvasoundguy 

Hello Robert, welcome to the community.

I have loaded scenes saved on firmware 3.11 after upgrading to V4.0 without any compatibility problems. The upgrade process does reset a number of global console settings to default though. I wonder if this was causing your problems?

• December 2, 2019
  • DwayneAasberg
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-01

Installed V4 on the M32 in our sanctuary.  My first real application was today.

Question.  What do the colours of the bars in the RTA mean?

Feedback.  Limiting Automix to ch1-8 is very limiting.  Our installation is hard wired stage to board and all our volunteers know where to find common stage signals on the board.  Remapping inputs to utilize Automix on ch1-8 is restrictive to the point of unusable.  Ideally it would be best to be able to choose any eight channels on the board to Automix.  However a workable compromise would be to allow selection of one of the four banks of eight (1-8, 9-16, 16-24, 25-32).

Do like the reworked GUI.  Less Appley-Windowsy with good use of contrast for readabiity,  Definitely like the new channel Home screen.

Hopefully somebody in Midas reads this stuff.
    Dwayne A

read more...
    0 385
    • DwayneAasberg
      KevinMaxwell

@DwayneAasberg wrote:

Installed V4 on the M32 in our sanctuary.  My first real application was today.

Question.  What do the colours of the bars in the RTA mean?

Feedback.  Limiting Automix to ch1-8 is very limiting.  Our installation is hard wired stage to board and all our volunteers know where to find common stage signals on the board.  Remapping inputs to utilize Automix on ch1-8 is restrictive to the point of unusable.  Ideally it would be best to be able to choose any eight channels on the board to Automix.  However a workable compromise would be to allow selection of one of the four banks of eight (1-8, 9-16, 16-24, 25-32).

Do like the reworked GUI.  Less Appley-Windowsy with good use of contrast for readabiity,  Definitely like the new channel Home screen.

Hopefully somebody in Midas reads this stuff.
      Dwayne A

What do you use the Automix for in a church. Autmixers are not reliably usable for music they will make weird decisions and will bring some mics down when you don't want them to. They are only made for multiple mics for speaking like on a panel discussion. I use Automixers for the dialog parts in Musicals but I am using external ones. I have used over 30 channels at a time with this method.

• December 1, 2019
    • DwayneAasberg
      DwayneAasberg

Hey Kevin.

Sorry I was not more clear.

We do not use the AutoMixer for music.

In the past we used the AutoMixer for panel discussions of 3-5 panelists. Seemingly it worked as intended.  In any event, we are now reduced to fader-riding as the channels that are available for that activity are hard-wired to inputs 17-24.  Yes, I know we now have all-powerful-selective-routing.  Sadly that will make matters more confusing in this instance.

D

• December 2, 2019
    • DwayneAasberg
      adam_nowak

Hello Dwayne
      Thanks for your feedback on the 4.00

The coloured RTA bars work just like the spectrograph : the redder the color, the higher the level
      This was already represented by the height of the bars, but this was one of the extra features
      You can deactivate the coloured RTA bars in Meters - RTA - 6th encoder.

Breaking the Automix restriction to the first 8 channels is a quite requested change, and it is definitely up on our to do list. Unfortunately there were other things on that list, and that didnt make it to the 4.01 ... Hopefully soon

Best regards

• December 2, 2019
    • DwayneAasberg
      CraigBowers

Can I add a query if it's expected that with V4.0 that on the M32, with 2 stage boxes daisy chained on AES-A that only 1 stagebox is represented in the AES-A box on the mixer (in Routing).  Where-as both are shown on AES-A in M32-Edit on the PC.

This has given our techs some heart attacks as we early on had a lot of occurrences of the second stage box not showing online after startup, and techs learned to always check there first after start, and if not confirmed, shut things down and do the start sequence again.  (It seems to have stabilized now, but for a while to save time it was always better for us to turn the stageboxes on for a few seconds first, then off, before starting with the M32, then stageboxes, then amps).

So because of that early history the absence of the visual confirmation of both stageboxes on AES-A in V4.0 has been jarring.

• December 8, 2019
  • S-Audio
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-01

I just installed the latest firmware and I have lost the routing I had set up. Two things I can't figure out:

Signal is is passing through from my channels to the card out even when the faders are down. when the faders are raised it just increases the signal level going to my monitors. (aux 1/2) there is no increase of level to the card outs.

Routing channel comp,eq etc.to My DAW. I had great instructions from this site but now I can follow them becuase the routing is a little different from the last firmware. There is no Ultranet tab and I can't find options for direct out settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 229
    • S-Audio
      RexBeckett

@S-Audio 

The default routing for the Card (USB) output takes the channels directly from the inputs so no channel processing is applied. If you want the feeds to be post-fader, you will need to stage them on the OutputUltranet or Aux tabs.

To find the Ultranet routing on the console, click the Routing button and then click the right arrow to move to the Patch -> P16 view.

The routing screens on V4.0 are a little different but everything is still there. If you get stuck, save your scene, attach the file to your post (see Choose File button below) and tell us what you want to achieve.

BTW: Check on the console Scenes screen to see if your original scene is still there and could be loaded. The update process loses snippets but scenes are usually retained. 

• November 30, 2019
    • S-Audio
      S-Audio

Thanks Rex. I was able to get my channel effects to work with your help. I am trying to set the console up for recording into my DAW. I want the faders to control the input of my channels and be routed to my daw. 

I will try to upload my scene file a little later today.

Thanks for your help.

• December 1, 2019
    • S-Audio
      S-Audio

Here is the scene file,not sure if I did this right. Are there scene files out there for setting up the console for DAW recording applications? I know some setup differently but the basic in and outs for a more traditional work flow would be helpful.

.scn
      • December 1, 2019
    • S-Audio
      RexBeckett

@S-Audio wrote:

Here is the scene file,not sure if I did this right. Are there scene files out there for setting up the console for DAW recording applications? I know some setup differently but the basic in and outs for a more traditional work flow would be helpful.

@S-Audio 

Many people use a DAW to record the direct channel inputs. There are two ways to finish the mix: Either add EQ, dynamics and FX to the channels using the DAW processing, add EQ, FX and dynamics to the final mix and send that to the console as a stereo or surround return for monitoring; Or return each channel from the DAW to the mixer and do all processing and mixing on the console.

If you record the mixer channels from a signal tap other than the input, some channel processing will be applied. You would not normally then return the DAW tracks through the mixer channels as this processing would be duplicated. So you would add additional processing in the DAW and finish the mix there.

If you tell us how you would like to record from the mixer channels, we can guide you with the routing.

In the scene you attached, the first eight Card (USB) outputs are being staged on the Ultranet tab but they are set as Pre EQ signal taps which excludes most of the channel processing. If you want to record the channels after their faders - i.e. will all channel processing applied - you would use the Post Fader signal taps:

X32 UNP.PNG

• December 1, 2019
    • S-Audio
      S-Audio

I want to use the console as my front end to the DAW and process and mix in the box. I would like to setup some channels on the M32r Live so that I can use the channel strip comp,eq into the DAW. I would also like the channel inputs to be post fader on the M32r Live so I can control mic inputs ect.

My big issue is not totaly understanding the routing and the manual is vague at best.

thanks again for your help

• December 1, 2019
  • Manos
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-30

Hey ppl, I've recorded some stems thru M32 into Ableton Live.
    The actual sound source is an Elektron - Analog Rytm drum machine, feeding the M32 inputs which sends autio to Ableton thru USB.

I playback the recorded stems and compare them to the pre-recorded sound coming out of Midas. The stems have lost some punch and I think the stereo image is narrower.
    I use the M32 compressor nearly on all channels but the compression has not been applied into the recorded tracks. What am I missing??

read more...
    0 257
    • Manos
      RexBeckett

@Manos 

Hi Manos, welcome to the community.

When you route the Local inputs to the Card for recording, the signals come from the preamps - directly after the analogue/digital converters. This means that no channel processing has been applied. You can, instead, stage pre-fader signals from the channels on the Output 1-16, Ultranet or Aux tabs and route them to the Card for recording. 

The latest V4.0 M32 firmware adds some routing options that can make this easier to manage but it can also be done on the previous firmware versions.

If you need help with the routing, save your scene and post the file - see Choose File button below.

• November 30, 2019
    • Manos
      Manos

Hey Rex, thanks for the reply!

I am trying to save the scene into a USB stick. Should I mark the "Scene Safes" - (Routing I/O, Output Patch, Preamp, etc)?

• November 30, 2019
    • Manos
      RexBeckett

@Manos wrote:

Hey Rex, thanks for the reply!

I am trying to save the scene into a USB stick. Should I mark the "Scene Safes" - (Routing I/O, Output Patch, Preamp, etc)?

@Manos 

No you don't need to set any Scene Safe options.

• November 30, 2019
    • Manos
      Manos

Thanks again Rex!

Let me know if everything's fine with the scene file.

**I'm pretty new to the digital mixer domain so the Routing confuses me a bit.

TECH TRACK ROYTE.scn
      • November 30, 2019
    • Manos
      RexBeckett

@Manos wrote:

Thanks again Rex!

Let me know if everything's fine with the scene file.

**I'm pretty new to the digital mixer domain so the Routing confuses me a bit.

@Manos 

Hi Manos,

Yes you are recording directly from the inputs so the channel processing is not applied. We can fix that. It appears that you are using channels 1-12 and 31/32. You are also using Mixbus 1/2 and 3. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Are you using the Ultranet  output for anything? This could be used for P16M monitor mixers or some TurboSound speakers. If you are not using it, we can stage the pre-fader signals from the channels here.

How many channels do you want to record over USB? Presumably 1-12 but do you also want channels 31/32?

• November 30, 2019
  • PatrickGMaillot
    Valued Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-29

Does this sound familiar? Remember X32ReaperAutoMate? This is the same... with a twist. Same functionalities, including loop control for X-Live and external device support (such as external jog/shuttle/buttons USB devices) Soon available at www.x32ram.comX32LiveAutoMate.jpg

read more...
    0 197
    • PatrickGMaillot
      PatrickGMaillot Just release the following video: https://youtu.be/xG_onRMkZPk It shows mixing using X32XLiveAutoMate. The resulting automation files will be used by a pro audio engineer in Taiwan to mix, using REAPER this time. The goal is to show compatibility between the X-Live and Reaper versions of the program. Go to https//x32ram.com for X32ReaperAutomat and soon to be released X32XLiveAutoMate
      • November 30, 2019
    • PatrickGMaillot
      PatrickGMaillot Here's the reply from my friend MJ in Taiwan, whom I sent my files to; He was kind enough to send me a small video of his test of the X32XLiveAutoMate Mix files being used with X32ReaperAutoMate, enabling additions or corrections to the Mix made with one platform with the other. Great flexibility. https://youtu.be/lHLDlLrcDKQ
      • December 4, 2019
    • PatrickGMaillot
      PatrickGMaillot News: X32ReaperAutoMate, X32X-LiveAutoMate: Two very powerful automation packages for the X32 or M32 now available at https://X32ram.com, as separate packages or as a bundle with a special deal valid until Dec. 31st! -Patrick
      • December 7, 2019
    • PatrickGMaillot
      PatrickGMaillot X-Live can play loops!!! Watch X32XLiveAutoMate playing X-Live Loops (audio as well as automation): https://youtu.be/TTfEFHptKrU
      • December 8, 2019
  • BillDeaton
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-24

Our 3 yr old Midas M32 preamps randomly go full gain on some channels. After rebooting, some channels are Ok, and others stick wide open. ...regardless of the individual preamp settings. I've checked everything I can think of. Clock is fine. Interfaces are clean.Does anyone else have this prob, and a fix?

It's an incredible hassle of rebooting, hoping, praying! Sometimes taking 5-6 reboots before all channels are ok. this seems to happen weekly.

Best,

Bill

read more...
    0 224
    • BillDeaton
      adam_nowak

Hi Bill
      We need more info ...

Are you talking about local preamps or remote stageboxes ?
      Do you have HA remote activated ? (Setup - Preamp page)
      Anything else connected to the AES ports ?
      Does it affect all preamps or only one bank of 8 ?
      Do you use any remote controlling device ? X-Edit on a computer ? Tablet ?
      What FW version are you on ?

Do you use the restart function in the Setup-General, or you just power cycle ?
      Instead of rebooting, you could have a snippet setting gains to 0 on all channels

You only gave symptoms but really didnt detail what is your setup ........
      Cheers

• November 27, 2019
    • BillDeaton
      BillDeaton

Sorry to be vague about the setup. I was curious if it had happened to anyone else.

Are you talking about local preamps or remote stageboxes ? 2 remote DL16's
      Do you have HA remote activated ? (Setup - Preamp page) Yes
      Anything else connected to the AES ports ? No
      Does it affect all preamps or only one bank of 8 ? Random pre's in either DL16
      Do you use any remote controlling device ? X-Edit on a computer ? Tablet ? Yes, the M32 App on an iPad 
      What FW version are you on ? 2.14

Do you use the restart function in the Setup-General, or you just power cycle ?
      Instead of rebooting, you could have a snippet setting gains to 0 on all channels

You only gave symptoms but really didnt detail what is your setup ........

• November 28, 2019
    • BillDeaton
      adam_nowak

Hi Bill,

There is no need to have HA remote activated if you're not "being remote controlled" by another mixer.
      You'd have this option active if you're using your mixer as a stagebox, for example FOH and Monitor connection.
      This can create conflicts when initializating the devices at bootup.

Also you are on a quite old Firmware as 4.00 came out a short time ago, but you even missed 3.00 to 3.12 ...
      If you have the M32 app updated to the latest version communicating with an older FW, it could also create issues. I recommend backing up everyting (show export, libraries, take note of IP address and settings) and update to a newer version.

Two possibilites, try the first, then second
      Should be fixed

Cheers

• November 28, 2019
    • BillDeaton
      BillDeaton

Sorry,

I actually do not have HA activated..

• December 2, 2019
  • Freddy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-23

Hi All!

I have the Midas MR18. I'm trying to control it via midi from a PC with Cubase DAW. I figured out how to use CC to mute channels, move faders etc....what I cannot find however is how to address different faders! Everything I do only affects CH 02....Please help!

read more...
    0 140
    • Freddy
      RexBeckett

@Freddy 

Hi Freddy, welcome to the community.

The fader target is set by the controller number in the Midi CC message. This Midi Chart should help you see which controller numbers to use. 

• November 23, 2019
    • Freddy
      Freddy

Thank you kindly sir!

That worked. I can get all the CC comands working but I can't get the snapshots to change. I switched that to program change, channel 1, tried a bunch of numbers from 1-10 and nothing is happening. I have two snapshots saved as a test...1 is all mute and 2 is all unmute.

• November 23, 2019
  • brucecrouch
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-22

I have an M32C I use with a router and run M32Edit on my Macbook Pro wirelessly. it works great. Can I CAT5 from the laptop to my X32 to use as a control surface? If not, why not Midas?

Thanks!

0 122
    • brucecrouch
      KenMitchell

Hi Bruce ( @brucecrouch ), 

Welcome to the community.  Yes, but you would need to configure the IP addresses on both the M32C and the MBP to static addresses since, without the router, you wouldn't have a DHCP server handing out addresses. 

See this video for turning off DHCP and setting up static addresses: https://youtu.be/uZApEOXAjj4

Even though it's for an iPad wireless setup, the process is pretty much the same for an MBP hardwired to the mixer without a router.  EDIT: Fast-Forward to 1:00 to get to the manual (static) address setup. 

Let us know if you need a hand with the setup.

Ken

• November 22, 2019
  • Diegodiegogali
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-22

hi

i have midas mr-12 and you helped me to add channels shared for headphone monitor

now i need to have as layout the original 12 channels + bus1 and bus2 (bus3 4 5 6 don't needd)

how can i modify the layout discharging the channels 13 14 15 16 and bus 3 4 5 6 from the layout?

thanks very much i leave me scenes to change (only to delete channels 13 14 15 16 and bus 3 4 5 6)

ciao and thanks

SCENE.zip
    read more...
    0 130
Go to page