Statistics

250,626 members
127,810 posts
  • JimmyValenza
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-12

Can I patch a external Mic thu a channel to the RTA?

0 193
    • JimmyValenza
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @JimmyValenza 

When you load a single instance of the Midas Spectrum Analyzer and select 'Channel' and it'll display whichever channel is selected on the console. Connect your RTA mic and select its channel (hopefully remove from stereo buss of course) and it'll populate in the RTA Effects rack as well as overlay on the individual channel EQ. 

• October 25, 2019
  • PatrickGMaillot
    Valued Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-07
    Hello, Today I'd like to present you something new. Something you will love to have in your studio along with REAPER, for recording, for mixing, for demos, even for fun. Unlimited Saves and Recall, Autosave, Configurable Iser interface, Automation Control, In-place Simultaneous Erase, comprehensive set of Transport functions: Play, Pause, Stop, Record, RtZ, GtE, 4 types of Scrubs, Marker ad/del, Loop begin/end/repeat, Solo-In-Place... All directly from the Behringer X32 or Midas M32 consoles. Welcome to X32ReaperAutoMate! visit https://x32ram.com today! -Patrick
    read more...
    1 201
    • PatrickGMaillot
      PatrickGMaillot Preparing a UI update/enhancement to the first release of X32ReaperAutomate, for licensed users. Easier visualization of transport status (Play/Pause/Rec/Stop/Repeat) plus REAPER Tally being displayed in real time, right at the desk. Visit https://x32ram.com for more information. ETA: end of the week. -Patrick
      • October 13, 2019
  • vlada
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-06
    • vlada
    • vlada
      KenMitchell

Hi Vlad ( @vlada ), 

Welcome to the community.  Unfortunately, that looks like a failed Ethernet port to me.  The link led is controlled directly from the PHY chip at the physical layer so, if that LED is on without a cable plugged in, something is seriously wrong. 

I'd recommend opening a support ticket here: https://www.behringer.com/brand/behringer/support#googtrans(en|en)

You should get an auto-reply email shortly after telling you that you will be contacted within one business day.  As of late, that is more like a week so, you'll need to be patient. 

I see the DN32-USB card.  Is this an M32 or X32 console?  Once you get a ticket number, please PM me with the ticket number. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• October 6, 2019
  • BrentM101
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-05

Hello all,

I'm about to jump in with M32C with DL32 stage box purchase and have a few questions:

I've done some youtube digging, lurking here and even RTFM and am still not sure about the following, and would love it if someone with real world experience chimed in.

Has anyone had experience with DAW controlled (Ableton in my case) mix scene recall mid-song (ex: vastly different vocal FX chain for one song section, or muting vox FX at song end for announces, etc.) without audio throughput issues at recall points, or any other issues?

Project has two configurations (w & w/o drummer) but most often has 18 ch inputs and either 8 or 10 returns for monitoring. I would rather not mess with splits and can send stem groups if FOH needs it, (esp if we have drums present). Else, entire band is line level. Botched mix relationships & FX are precisely why we're taking control in the first place. What venue variables should I allow for that allow us to retain FX chain control and mix relationship control (which is vastly different song to song)?

We're about to embark on a tour (w/o our own FOH) and I LOVE the idea of dialed IEM mixes, & handing a stereo pr to FOH - AND virtual soundchecking as a bonus!

Thanks,

Brent

read more...
    0 223
    • BrentM101
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Brent @BrentM101,

Welcome to the forum. To make these changes you want to use snippets, which are in essence micro-scenes. Scenes save and recall almost all of the M32 settings and snippets change specific settings only. Unfortunately the M32 snippet GUI is not very granular. But snippets can also be created using a text editor or Scene Parser. I can help you create the required snippets.

How have you been triggering the changes in the past - with Ableton, footpedal, midi?? Snippets can be triggered using midi or OSC (via ethernet).

• October 5, 2019
    • BrentM101
      BrentM101

Paul- Thanks so much for the reply and offer of help with scene snippets.

My last experience with something similar was using a Cakewalk firing MIDI CC to my Tascam DM-3200 (ancient dino-tech, I know) which would execute fader level changes or FX changes on a song's bridge, then back for last chorus, for example.

Current plan is to use Mainstage setlist opening Logic backtrack files with scripts and have mid-song scene/snippet changes fired over either MIDI or OSC. I have no experience implementing OSC in any context yet, but it sounds promising. Project's entire set is synched tracks, with video and DMX via MIDI, so there are many layers to it.

• October 7, 2019
    • BrentM101
      BrentM101

Has anyone had experience with scene/snppet changes mid-song and had any glitches with audio?

• October 12, 2019
  • lochsa4
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-03

We're currently using an M32 console with the DL32 stage box in conjunction with Ultranet P16 system (16 channels routed to Ultranet). We'd like to start integrating backing tracks from the stage, but we've run into I/O issues.  My engineer states that we don't have enough I/O to accomodate the additional channels (mostly limited on the output routing). I'm wondering if adding a dl16 at the stage (daisy-chained to the dl32) would afford us more I/O routing capacity at the console? I noticed this daisy-chain example in the dl32 guide, but my engineer stated this configuration would not give us any relevant extra routing capacity at the console.

read more...
    0 216
    • lochsa4
      DaveMorrison

@lochsa4 

The AES50 bus in 48 channels in both directions. The DL32 uses 1-32 for inputs and 1-16 on Outputs with ultranet on channels 33-48. That leaves 33-48 (inputs) and 17-32 (outputs) available on a single bus. A DL16 connected to the DL32's AES50-B port will shift the DL16's inputs to 33-40 and the DL can be set to receive 17-24 for it's outputs.

However, the M32 can only use 38 inputs at a time (they can be switched with a scene change) and output count really depends on the situation. USB and direct channel outs can be done. So the answer is maybe; it depends on your needs.

The X32 rack, on the otherhand, has the same input and output count as the DL32 and a complete mixer core (the same as the M32). It would give you 16 more mixbusses, another ultranet output, more routing, and "professional monitor" mixing just like the "Big Boys".

• October 3, 2019
  • Trusound
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-03

As i am trying to do the recent firmware update, i am experiencing heavy malfunction.
    After finishing the procedure, BOTH consoles do not boot up, but remain in the linux text screen asking for
    MC -1 login:

Creating a ticket for service support seems to be an impossible task also.
    Has somebody got an idea, how to resolve this very unpleasant limbo?

Thanks in advance, Andi

read more...
    0 630
    • Trusound
      Trusound

For instance: Is there such a thing like a bootloader, that i can use on my usb stick to reboot the console?

• October 3, 2019
    • Trusound
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @Trusound 

Are you turning the consoles on while the USB drive is still connected? If so, take out the USB drive and boot. If this isn't the case -- what firmware were the Pro1 & Pro2 on before updating? Do you currently have a support ticket submitted? 

• October 3, 2019
    • Trusound
      zigson

@Trusound wrote:

As i am trying to do the recent firmware update, i am experiencing heavy malfunction.
      After finishing the procedure, BOTH consoles do not boot up, but remain in the linux text screen asking for
      MC -1 login:
      For instance: Is there such a thing like a bootloader, that i can use on my usb stick to reboot the console?

Hello Andi.... yes there is...

this same thing happened to me once, and I was quite in panic... (the reason was simple and stupid : after the update the console reboots by itself after you quit the updater (push the button "quit" and wait !!.!!). I was too busy and did not wait this reboot and after shut down  the console it never wanted to boot up again (same problem at yours !!)

fortunately we have a very responsif  "Midas-Support-Service" here in France and they  helped me to fix the thing within a couple of hours.

The thing to do - contact your support-service (distributor, importer, etc) - call them on the phone instead of sending mail or creating tickets...; they will provide you a bootable system called "MidasRecoverySystem.zip" (which goes on an USB-Stick and you boot from this stick) - than install a brandnew (or older system); re-boot the console and upgrade again to the latest Firmware....

if you can't find this particular USB-bootable-system at your retailer/repair/support-service, I can (maybe) provide you one of these.....; just let me know....

Midas-Support wrote :

You will need a good quality USB stick containing a FAT32 (Windows) partition with at least 8 GB available. For safety, this should be a separate stick to that used during normal updates, and should be clearly marked.

Step 1 – Download the right zipped file for your console

Step 2 – Un-zip the file to the root of the USB stick, the un-zipped file that lives on the root of the USB stick will be called “MIDASRecoverySystem” 

Step 3 – Insert the USB stick into a port on the failed board; ensure no other USB sticks are connected

Step 4 – Power on the console

Step 5 – Wait several minutes; the Updater application will display the current stage of the recovery process

Step 6 – In case of Pro3/6/9, if a licence file was successfully backed up, it will be restored to the console after the new image has been installed; if licence backup failed, the console will need relicensing

Step 7 – When prompted, by a green message saying it is now safe to shut down the console, perform a hard power down, remove the usb stick and start the console up.

Step 8 – Once the console has booted, the stick may be reinserted for restoring show files and presets libraries using the GUI's File Manager

Step 9 - Care should be taken to not leave the recovery stick in the console when rebooting, or the recovery process will be repeated

Step 10 - Log files will remain on USB stick and can be used to diagnose the original fault
PLEASE SEND THE LOG FILE THAT IS CREATED, TO OUR CARE DEPARTMENT TO DIAGNOSE THE FAILURE REASON

(in the “MIDASRecoverySystem” root = logfile”) – You can cut and paste this into a mail to [email protected]

• October 3, 2019
    • Trusound
      zigson

@Trusound wrote:

MC -1 login:

.........For instance: Is there such a thing like a bootloader, that i can use on my usb stick to reboot the console?

Hello Andi.... yes there is...

this same thing happened to me once, and I was quite in panic... (the reason was, in my case, simple and stupid : after the update the console reboots by itself after you quit the updater (push the button "quit" and wait !!.!!). I was too busy and did not wait this reboot and after shut down the console it never wanted to boot up again (same problem as yours !!)

fortunately we have a very responsif "Midas-Support-Service" here in France and they helped me to fix the thing within a couple of hours.

The thing to do - contact your support-service (distributor, importer, etc) - call them on the phone instead of sending mail or creating tickets...; they will provide you a bootable system called "MidasRecoverySystem.zip" (which goes on an USB-Stick and you boot from this stick) - than install a brandnew (or older system); re-boot the console and upgrade again to the latest Firmware....

if you can't find this particular USB-bootable-system at your retailer/repair/support-service, I can (maybe) provide you one of these.....; just let me know....

Midas-Support wrote :

You will need a good quality USB stick containing a FAT32 (Windows) partition with at least 8 GB available. For safety, this should be a separate stick to that used during normal updates, and should be clearly marked.

Step 1 – Download the right zipped file for your console

Step 2 – Un-zip the file to the root of the USB stick, the un-zipped file that lives on the root of the USB stick will be called “MIDASRecoverySystem” 

Step 3 – Insert the USB stick into a port on the failed board; ensure no other USB sticks are connected

Step 4 – Power on the console

Step 5 – Wait several minutes; the Updater application will display the current stage of the recovery process

Step 6 – In case of Pro3/6/9, if a licence file was successfully backed up, it will be restored to the console after the new image has been installed; if licence backup failed, the console will need relicensing

Step 7 – When prompted, by a green message saying it is now safe to shut down the console, perform a hard power down, remove the usb stick and start the console up.

Step 8 – Once the console has booted, the stick may be reinserted for restoring show files and presets libraries using the GUI's File Manager

Step 9 - Care should be taken to not leave the recovery stick in the console when rebooting, or the recovery process will be repeated

Step 10 - Log files will remain on USB stick and can be used to diagnose the original fault

PLEASE SEND THE LOG FILE THAT IS CREATED, TO OUR CARE DEPARTMENT TO DIAGNOSE THE FAILURE REASON (in the “MIDASRecoverySystem” root = logfile”)

• October 3, 2019
    • Trusound
      Trusound

Hi Zigson,

thank you much for your help. I recently got in touch with a midas man here in germany. He sent me a recovery file, that contained the folowing file:
      DL2G3.4.4rel-14.image
      Therefore our PRO1 Console now thinks, she's a PRO2. In accordance she does not recognize her DSP within the network.

So now i am searching for DL1G3.4.4rel-14.image. Can You help?
      Thanks again, Andi

• October 4, 2019
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2019-10-02
    • GaryHiggins
      DaveMorrison

Cool. To be able to mix all 48 channels on the AES50 bus looks very powerful. I wonder if the X32 will get firmware 4.0 as well?

• October 2, 2019
    • GaryHiggins
      Paul_Vannatto

@GaryHiggins wrote:

DP48! Looks pretty awesome....

Yup, it is pretty awesome. But it does require more preparation by the sound engineer. 

• October 2, 2019
    • GaryHiggins
      GaryHiggins

@DaveMorrison I'm gonna guess it will since in the promo blurb it says it will work with Behringer X32 and since previous firmware releases have been for both X/M32 I don't see firmware 4.0 anywhere just yet though. @Paul_Vannatto I'm most curious about the price, do you have any insight there?. I quickly looked at Sweetwater but it appears they don't even list the device let alone have any pre orders yet.

• October 2, 2019
    • GaryHiggins
      sonosamas

Midas DP48 looks like a great piece of gear.  Will it work with Behringer XR18, P16-I, or P16-D?

• March 24, 2020
    • GaryHiggins
      Paul_Vannatto

@sonosamas wrote:

Midas DP48 looks like a great piece of gear.  Will it work with Behringer XR18, P16-I, or P16-D?

No it will not, because it uses the AES50. The X-Air does not have that.

• March 24, 2020
  • Brothero82
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-01
    M32 Mixers
    0 174
  • JeffBrooks
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-25

Anyone know where the download went for the M32 edit software?  All I see now is one for the M32C and it looks nothing like the old version that was similar to the look of the console.

0 209
    • JeffBrooks
      RexBeckett

@JeffBrooks 

The same version of M32 Edit is used with all types of M32 console. The console-like look was in an earlier release. Some members may have the old release but it might not support some of the features in the latest console firmware. 

• September 25, 2019
  • mmisound
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-25

I have the m32ip and i was wondering if i can put the DN ex card in this mixer.since thats the only difference the m32 live

0 296
    • mmisound
      RexBeckett

@mmisound 

Hello Michael, welcome to the community.

Do you mean the DN32-Live card? You can use this to replace the current expansion card provided you upgrade the console firmware to the latest version.

• September 25, 2019
    • mmisound
      mmisound

Thank you very much. and is that the only difference between the m32ip and m3 live?

• September 25, 2019
Go to page