Statistics

240,858 members
117,077 posts
  • New
    kellned52
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-26

I have a audio libary (wave-files 44.1 kHz) on a 8-GB-Usb-Stick (fat32-format). It works well for playback at MR12. then I make a copy 1 to 1 on a 16-GB-Stick (fat32-format). It works well on a WIN10 or Linux-Computer, but on the MR12 I here distorted sound (nearly 1 octav higher and double speed, with interrupts). The directory and meta-datas are shown normaly. The same Problem I have for more than one stick.
    If I copy the files back to an 8-GB-Stick, this stick works well.
    the Firmware and MAir-Edit are actual.

Is 8GB a limit or do I need a special formating for sticks greater then 8 GB?

best regards
    Dieter

read more...
    0 48
    • kellned52
      DavidKnighton Hello kellned52,
      I would suggest you don't copy from stick to stick. Make a master playlist on your computer and then copy the master playlist to each thumb drive individually. Format is FAT32 for all sticks, regardless of capacity. Also, try performing a long format rather than a quick format. Obviously it will take much longer to format use the long format option, but it will ensure all the 1s and 0s are deleted from the previous format. A quick format doesn't quite delete all the 1s and 0s, and is usually ok in most scenarios, but when in doubt, wait it out.
      • May 26
    • kellned52
      kellned52

Thanks David
      for the answer. I will reformat a stick (no quick format). Then I will copy some songs from the computer file by file to the stick. After the test on the MR12, I'll get back to you. This can take a while as the MR12 is being used at a different location.
      Best regards
      Dieter

• May 27
    • kellned52
      kellned52

Unfortunately, the procedure described was unsuccessful. Reformatting the stick to block size 4096 analogous to the 8GB stick also had no effect.
      If of interest:
      SanDisk Ultra-Fit ESD-USB 3.0; 16 GB

Best regards
      Dieter

• May 27
    • kellned52
      KevinMaxwell it sounds like your WAV files and you clock on yourMR12 are not set to the same clock rate. One of them is set to 48k instead of 44.1k
      • May 31
    • kellned52
      kellned52

@Kevin: That is not the problem. Both sample rates are at 44.1 kHz

• Jun 1
      • Distorted sound,  if I use 16-GB-USB-Stick
        KevinMaxwell Have you tried a file comparison utility? Compare the same file on the 2 devices and see if they are really the same.
        • Jun 1
  • New
    MarkNorgren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-05-25

Just wondering about the stability of the latest Firmware for the M32R and the DL32.  I am heading into the gigs for the summer in June and would like to know if there are any bugs in the latest Firmweare releases.  We have rehearsed a few times with no problems, but I only use about half the input/outputs we do once we get out.  My setup has been flawless for years and expect the same.  Please let me know your experiences for those of you already out and about!  TIA

read more...
    0 43
    • MarkNorgren
      Paul_Vannatto Firmware 4.06 seems to be very stable here and I'm not aware of any major bugs being reported. That said, I also haven't been able to use the X32 for over a year, due to the pandemic lockdown. I'm doing sound for an outdoor wedding this weekend, but will be using the Wing, simply because I haven't had an opportunity to use it for a live event yet.
      • May 25
      • M32R and DL32 Ready to Gig!
        MarkNorgren Thanks Paul! My hope is all is well. No news, is good news!
        • ·
        • May 26
  • New
    Midas76
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-25

Hello, I am looking for the part number for bus send encoders for the Midas M32. Something got dropped on the encoder knobs and I would like to get a replacement. They still work but when turned they spin funky.  If I need to replace the whole section that would be great too. Can anyone tell me if these are available and price? Thank you

read more...
    0 44
    • Midas76
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. If you could click on the support link above and open a parts ticket, someone can get the process started for you asap.
      • May 26
  • New
    vvish
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-05-25

Hi Everyone, about HD96-24, I would like to express my recent views. After I upgraded to the latest 1.15.0 version, I think the New PIE effect is so cool and very useful. Then, I now have a few questions.

1. When will the "auto-mixer" function be launched? We are so looking forward to it.
    2. Will GEQ consider the way of "on fader" operation in the future?
    3. How to use the 9 Tap Tempo correctly?
    4. After selecting the channel, in the Send Overview mode in the right column, when the assignable knob is used for adjustment, the value of the send volume cannot be displayed.

Thanks.
    Regarding the future development of HD96-24, we are always positive.

read more...
    0 44
    • vvish
      Dale_M

Many thanks for your inquiry, can I please ask that you submit the above via the support tab/Pre Sales as the team in question are not on Community. In the subject line please add FAO Dale Minaker so I can pick this up for you

• May 26
  • New
    Riccardodondi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-24

Hi Everyone, hope somebody could help me solve this issue.
    I recently installed on my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.14.6 Mojave) the Soundgrid drivers in order to use it with an M32 (not mine) fitted with DN32-WSG card and a Soundgrid system SuperRack.
    The issue i have now is that i'm not able anymore to record inputs from my M32 fitted with its factory DN32-USB.
    My laptop see the DN32-USB card correctly, i can play tracks from my laptop to the console, I can route card inputs in my daw (i'm using Waves Tracks Live and Reaper) but i can't see any signal coming from the console.
    The output patch in my M32R is correct, and everything works fine using another MacBookPro.
    Already tried to uninstall Soundgrid drivers and reset PRAM on my MBP...
    Any suggestion?

read more...
    0 33
    • Riccardodondi
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Riccardo, unfortunately the description of your setup is a bit confusing. Do you have an M32 with the DN32-WSG connected to a second M32 with a DN32-USB and you have a MBP connected to the DN32-USB and using Waves Tracks Live and Reaper? If so, what are the assignments on the M32 (with DN32-USB) Routing, Card screen?
      • May 24
    • Riccardodondi
      Riccardodondi

Hi Paul,
      sorry, i didn't explain well my issue (and actually is not that simple to explain for me!)
      What i meant is that i did install on my MBP Soundgrid Drivers and SuperRack software for some test made on a M32 fitted with DN32-WSG card.
      Once finished all my tests and came back home, I connected my MBP to my personal M32R fitted with DN32-USB card and i discovered that my MBP still see DN32 interface, but doesn't get any signal from the desk.
      I've checked everything, and also i've made a test using another MBP, and everything works fine.
      So my thought is that maybe installing the Soundgrid/WSG card drivers, something happened in some system file. And that's an issue for me, 'cause i would need to work both with M32s fitted with WSG card and USB card.
      Hope to been more clear..

• May 24
    • Riccardodondi
      Paul_Vannatto Thanks for the clarification, Riccardo. I'm not a Mac expert, since the only Apple product I use (borrowed) is an old (2008) MBP with Yosemite for compiling my apps (for OSX). But I do know that Windows users that have installed ASIO4ALL typically have similar issues getting signals via the X32/M32 (or X-Air/M-Air) drivers. Since all Music-Tribe products are core-compliant, Mac and linux users do not require installation of additional drivers. But it may mean that the Soundgrid drivers may act similar to the ASIO4ALL on Windows machines. I would suggest you uninstall them and see if it remedies the problem.
      • May 24
    • Riccardodondi
      Riccardodondi

yes, that's exactly what i think is happened.
      Unfortunately i've already tried to uninstall Soundgrid Drivers and also reset my MBP Pram (Parameter RAM), with no success.
      I know is a quite difficult issue to solve, 'cause it's very specific. I hoped to find someone else who experienced this issue and had solved, also because it can happen to use M32 with DN32-usb in some gigs and M32 with WSG card in others... Anyway, thank you for your help!

• May 24
  • New
    geronimomitch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-23

I've just bought an M32C, after a cup of years using an Behringer X32 Rack. It's really sound like a few step above, except I'm still not able to save or load scenes on USB drive (witch is so easy and convenient with X32Rack). There's a load/export show fonction in the set up menu, but I could'nt get through using it... Yet, it's written in the (very short) manual that USB front port allows to save and load scenes, but no more explanations... Could someone help me please?...

read more...
    0 63
    • geronimomitch
      Paul_Vannatto What is the version of the firmware on the M32C? If it is not the latest (4.06), you should update, since this issue (saving/loading scenes) was fixed in one of the updates.
      • May 24
    • geronimomitch
      geronimomitch Thank You Paul for your answer. I've got the 4.06 firmware version, but I'm still looking for a way to save/load scene to/from USB drive. If you know about that...
      • May 25
    • geronimomitch
      Paul_Vannatto Supposedly you would do it the same as with the X32 Rack, using the Utility button. The other option is to use the X32-Edit or M32-Edit (for PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi). It has 2 sets of cues, scenes, snippets. The first set is what is on the computer and the second set is what is on the console. Simply load the console scene, switch to the computer scene screen and save.
      • May 25
    • geronimomitch
      Paul_Vannatto A couple of other options are
      1. Patrick's X32GetScene - https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32#h.p_enUJQysuinNU
      2. Live Toolbox using the Export command - https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32livetoolbox/
      • May 25
  • New
    Sergey0307
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-20

online editor does not work for mac Big Sur

0 39
  • New
    RHunt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-05-20

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with my M32 when linking channels across scenes. It appears to copy and wipe all parameters when I change from scene to scene.

If I have 2 scenes, and on the second scene I link channels 1 and 2. When I go back to the first scene both of those channels will now have the settings from the second one. 

I have looked into the settings and I cant see an option to scene safe channel links. Also I can't find and option in link preferences.

Is there a way to fix this? My firmware is 4.02

Many thanks,

Rich

read more...
    0 43
    • RHunt
      Paul_Vannatto Have you tried the latest firmware (4.06)? Are there any safes enabled on the Scene, Params or Channel screens?
      • May 20
      • M32 link issues
        RHunt Hi, I just updated to version 4.06 and it hasn't changed anything. There's also nothing in either parameter safe or channel safe that could be the problem. It's the scene that is the issue, the problem occurs from scene to scene.
        Link preferences are all highlighted but none of them specify scene safe settings.
        • May 26
  • New
    balky
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-05-19

Hey, everyone!

I was wondering if it is possible to record  BUS/AUX etc to DAW using USB / DANTE

I ordered Dante, look forward to setting it up. Has a nyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance :)

read more...
    0 57
    • balky
      Rosy Okay I have the Behringer X1204USB Xenyx 12 Input 2/2 Bus Mixer
      And I cannot get my laptop a mac pro with the new M1 chip to work with the mixer no matter what software I us including the free software that was downloaded after I registered the mixer. Does the macs M1 chip system work with the mixer or is there a software warehou update
      • May 19
      • Midas M32R - Recording  to DAW from BUS
        balky I am sorry, I didn't specify what product I was talking about (corrected). I am not sure as I have a different product and my mac is quite old I hope you find your answers
        • May 19
    • balky
      GaryHiggins You can record anything you want to with Dante . There is some learning that has to take place and you should expect it. You will need the free Dante Controller software for routing and buy a license for and get Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) software for your DAW. You no longer have the USB sound card once Dante is installed.
      • May 19
    • balky
      balky

Hi, Gary!
      I was quite sure that I sent a reply here, but appears that NO. It did not post. So, here goes again!

I have not received the Dante card yet; it is out of stock currently at sweetwate. I am sure with Dante a whole lot is possible!
      I know that Dante will replace the USB/Multitrack recorder card. Wish I could have both on board :)

Back to my original question about being able to record from BUS to DAW using the old fassioned way via USB. Is it possible?
      I am to suspect that Routing via ultranet will come into play again ? ;)

• May 26
  • New
    Chifyjay
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-19

Hi there, I purchased an MD - 16 digital mixer and I've had problems connecting it to my PC in my home recording studio. How do I connect an MD 16 digital mixer to a PC and record vocals through a DAW (Cubase)?

read more...
    0 41
    • Chifyjay
      DavidKnighton Hi Chifyjay,
      Do you mean Midas DM16? I'm not aware of a MD-16 Digital Mixer from Music Tribe, and a Google search of the product yielded few results. The Midas DM16 however is an analog mixer. This mixer has no USB options, so you need to use an external interface if you want to record into a PC. Please let me know if I misunderstood.
      • May 19
Go to page