Statistics

223,661 members
97,879 posts
  • Dobias1983
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-12

Does anyone make rack wings for the X32 compact, to fit a rolly-rack with flip up top mount?

0 159
    • Dobias1983
      Paul_Vannatto

@Dobias1983 wrote:

Does anyone make rack wings for the X32 compact, to fit a rolly-rack with flip up top mount?

No, because the X32 Compact is too wide to fit in a standard rack. You would have to get a Producer if you require that. The downside of the Producer is the absence of scribble strips. The other great option is the X32 Rack, which is designed for rack mounting.

• August 12, 2019
  • Alphasounds
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-12

I would like to use the aes 3 stereo input of a active system to avoid multible conversion. I have also a DL32 and a M32 but the mr would be perfect for smaller stuff butit is  loosing the live in the play back. I have used a yellowteck aes converter but the latency of 6ms is round trip with logic is just to much. Is there any sollution maybe with ultranet ?

Thank You.

Thor

Alphasounds.com

read more...
    0 161
    • Alphasounds
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi @Alphasounds,

The MR18 does not have AES input or output. Ultranet is a proprietary (Klark Teknik) one directional protocol that is designed to feed P16 and Ultranet capable speakers (eg. TurboSound iQ series). Also the M-Air (and X-Air) family of consoles were not designed for expansion. If you do need this, consider getting an X32 Rack and one of the AES capable stagebox (such as the DL16).

• August 12, 2019
    • Alphasounds
      Alphasounds

Thanks Paul. Sorry for the Spelling mistakes.

The X air + DL 32 is just too ugly ...

I muted the high mid out and use the subs, from aux 6 with another set of active tops with no DSP. The difference in latency is very little with a compressor plug in at the master.

GreetingThor.

• August 12, 2019
  • JoeSilino
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-11

I have a random sound on my X32 that I can't pinpoint. It comes through the house speakers and I've never been quick enough to look at the meters. I thought it was a heat issue and ventilatred the area around the board but it did it again a couple of weeks later. Any help or even a guess is appreciated. (Lower your volume a little before you listen.)

read more...
    0 322
    • JoeSilino
      KevinMaxwell

@JoeSilino wrote:

I have a random sound on my X32 that I can't pinpoint. It comes through the house speakers and I've never been quick enough to look at the meters. I thought it was a heat issue and ventilatred the area around the board but it did it again a couple of weeks later. Any help or even a guess is appreciated. (Lower your volume a little before you listen.)

(view in My Videos)

It could be an effect regenerating because it is being feed back to itself. Basically internal feedback. Can you post the scene you were using at the time that this happened so we can take a look and see if anything looks wrong?
      I

• August 12, 2019
    • JoeSilino
      JoeSilino

Thanks Kevin, here's the latest scene I was using. It's happened with other scenes but my effects settings are pretty much the same.

PROBLEM.scn
      • August 12, 2019
  • lsilverman11
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-11

On the XR18, is there any way to change the order of snapshots once they are save on the mixer?

0 186
    • lsilverman11
      UlfBoettcher

Hi @lsilverman11,

as snapshots are internally stored, as far as I recall, there is no way to access them to sort them.

so the way around is manual sorting.

1. You could save all snapshots as scenes. Than load those scenes and overwrite the snapshots in the order you want them to be.

2. You could recall snapshot 1, save it as the last one, recall the snapshot you want on 2 and store it as 2. Now recall the last snapshot and save it at the now unused spot. Repeat until you have the sequence you want.

With some thinking about it, I think this should be possible with some scripting and the command line tools that @KenMitchell or @Paul_Vannatto have provided. I am sure they can give you some additional advice.

Best regards

Ulf

• August 11, 2019
  • WayneRead
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-11

Hiya

I just did a gig where we were inside but the venue wanted us to also output to an outside speaker through their desk. This was a bit of a "can you just..." so I wasn't really prepared. To get over it I used one on my aux outputs which is set up for iem - but I then had two mixes to worry about. We will be at the venue again so what is best way to replicate the full foh mix out to their desk.

Thanks in advance Wayne 

read more...
    0 117
  • carminedi
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-10

Hi guys,

I am having som problems with the usb memoty stick.

the desk doesn't see it, nor the offline editor.

is there a special way to format it ? or what could the problem be ???

0 121
    • carminedi
      garyh

Wish I had a Pro9 to then have your issue!..so...Just guessing here but the size of the drive usually matters, probably less than 32 gig will work. If it were me I would try 16 gig or 8. Some drives just won’t work no matter what. Try formatting it Fat32 that is usually the format used. Some 32gig or larger drives may work if you can format them using fat 32. My best guess!

• August 10, 2019
    • carminedi
      CARLOSPER

Hi. If as Garyh says it has to be in FAT32.
      And I ask you, do you already have any scenes or Upgrades inside the USB memory?
      If you have to update the version. Create a folder with the name
      DL3Upgrades and inside place the file as it was downloaded.
      And insert the memory into the USB port with the blue LED on.
      You may have already done this.
      I hope it is useful.
      I remain at your service
      best regards
      Carlos M Perrone

• August 10, 2019
  • nb3
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-08

I’ve recently used a Pro2 and the Spectrum Analyzer on it is really nice. Just like the animation on it is super responsive and tight and because of that it’s more useful to me than any other spectrum analyzer I’ve used. I’m just using the default settings on it. Anybody know if there’s a way to get that same spectrum analyzer software as standalone software on your computer? Or better yet as a plug-in? I’m expecting that doesn’t exist, so this is more a request to Midas to make that a thing. I’m also wondering if anybody knows of a software spectrum analyzer that’s similar in its responsiveness and animation to Midas’s

read more...
    0 349
  • mimw_bellsouth
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-08

Several weeks ago I noticed that when I solo'd my lead guitar, the headset went mute. I could hear the entire band beforehand, but when I tried to solo the one channel I couldn't hear anything.  Since then I have slowly lost all channels on my board.  Is there a button or setting I may have changed that is causing this?  I can't find anything on it.  Help

read more...
    0 178
  • DanielBecker
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-07

I am trying to understand the difference between the FX 1-4 stereo return faders and the FX 1-4 faders as seen in the Aux/FX tab of X32 Edit 3.2. 

I see that when in the Master bus mode, they are all up to unity and have mutes.  Click on one of the bus' and the FX 1-4 stereo are all down and have On/Off buttons, but the FX 1-4 are at Unity.  Click on an FX bus and it's the same.

I get the Sends for a channel sending to the FX unit.  Thank's for the help.

read more...
    0 372
    • DanielBecker
      Paul_Vannatto

@DanielBecker wrote:

I am trying to understand the difference between the FX 1-4 stereo return faders and the FX 1-4 faders as seen in the Aux/FX tab of X32 Edit 3.2. 

The FX 1-4 are the mixbuses that feed the first 4 FX slots (by default). These are the dry signals in a side chain FX setup. The FX stereo returns (FX1L, FX1R, etc.) are the FX stereo returns (wet signal) from the FX engine. Both have to be up and enabled/unmuted in order to have the resulting FX in the main mix.

• August 7, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      RexBeckett

@DanielBecker 

The Fx1L, Fx1R, Fx2L .. Fx4R faders are the returns from the FX processors in slots FX1 to FX4. The rightmost faders Fx1 .. Fx4 (or Bus 13 ..Bus 16) are the Master faders for the sends to the slots.

When you select a Bus, the faders show channel sends to that Bus (aka Sends on Faders). In this view you would not normally want any of the FX Return faders raised. If an FX slot is sent its own return, unpleasant digital feedback can occur. Even though the FX Master faders are shown on the Aux/FX layer in Sends-on-Fader mode, they are not actually sends to the selected Bus. 

• August 7, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      DanielBecker

Thank you Paul and Rex.

To make sure I have this correct: When I send a signal from a channel to the FX, I'm actually sending it to the Bus 13 - 16 that goes to the FX engine but there is a Fader before the FX. So, the Master fader controls the signal of the combined channels sent to that FX. This is as an analog board then. 

I get side chaining as it relates (for example) to triggering a gate from another channel, but did not understand it as an FX routing.  Is it refered to as side chain because the bus can be used as a MIx Bus that also to send off to the FX?

I can thus, send the Bus 13 - 16 somewhere else via routing, say out one of the board XLR outputs and at the same time it going to the FX? The signal to both being controlled by the Master.

I understand you don't want the Returns up when in Sends on Fader in the FX.  Putting the Returns up in a Mix Bus 1 - 12 would send what ever was sent to that FX to that Mix Bus.  This would not be the same as having the FX acting on the Mix Bus as when one wants to have reverb/delay in a monitor mix.  For that I would Insert an FX on the Mix Bus?

Thank you again.

• August 7, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      RexBeckett

@DanielBecker wrote:

Thank you Paul and Rex.

To make sure I have this correct: When I send a signal from a channel to the FX, I'm actually sending it to the Bus 13 - 16 that goes to the FX engine but there is a Fader before the FX. So, the Master fader controls the signal of the combined channels sent to that FX. This is as an analog board then. 

Yes that is correct.

I get side chaining as it relates (for example) to triggering a gate from another channel, but did not understand it as an FX routing.  Is it revered to as side chain because the bus can be used as a MIx Bus that also to send off to the FX?

It is called side-chained because it operates in parallel to the dry signal from the channel to the mix bus. It is also sometimes called send/return FX to distinguish it from an inserted FX - which does not operate in parallel to the dry feed but replaces it.

I can thus, send the Bus 13 - 16 somewhere else via routing, say out one of the board XLR outputs and at the same time it going to the FX? The signal to both being controlled by the Master.

Yes you can route the FX Send Buses (13-16) to outputs or Matrix Buses if required.

I understand you don't want the Returns up when in Sends on Fader in the FX.  Putting the Returns up in a Mix Bus 1 - 12 would send what ever was sent to that FX to that Mix Bus.  This would not be the same as having the FX acting on the Mix Bus as when one wants to have reverb/delay in a monitor mix.  For that I would Insert an FX on the Mix Bus?

You can add FX Returns to monitor mixes in the same way as you would for the Main mix. The catch is that FX Sends are normally post-fader so the FX level will depend on the channel's fader while the dry monitor signal is normally pre-fader. Most reverb/delay FX processors are not suitable for use as inserts as they do not have a Mix control to set the wet/dry balance. The exception is Modulation Delay. Inserted effects are normally used where the processed signal replaces the original. e.g. De-Esser, EQ, Pitch Shift...

@DanielBecker 

• August 7, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      DanielBecker

Ok, so going further.

I click on the FX1 stereo return.  I go to the Sends tab and see that I can send to any of the Mix buses plus the FX bus.  I realize I would not want to send to the FX bus.  I would get that loop thing going.

If I send to a mix bus, am I only sending 1 side of the stereo return to the bus?  Is there really a difference in that the stuff going into the FX did not go in stereo, can't be panned going in so I assume it does not matter?

• August 7, 2019
  • bcrooms
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-07

I know there are similar threads on here about USB playback, but I don't believe I've come across one addresing what I am looking to do if its possible at all.

I am able to playback a stereo return from my DAW (Presonus Studio One 4) over the ultranet to P16 modules...

What I am really wanting is to multi track playback from the DAW, having all 16 channels independent in the USB return playback from what was just recorded in the DAW for listen back for the full band via the P16 modules and not have to listen back just on stereo.

If that scenario isn't possible with the XR18, I can deal with it, but it would be nice. 

Any help is appreciated.

-Brandon

read more...
    0 503
    • bcrooms
      RexBeckett

@bcrooms 

Hi Brandon, welcome to the forum.

Yes you can do this. If you are running Windows on your PC, you need to install the ASIO drivers for the XR18. Then set your XR18 into 18/18 ch mode on Setup -> Audio/Midi. You should then be able to route your DAW tracks to the USB outputs. You may need to select the ASIO device in your DAW preferences.

To send the USB returns to Ultranet, open In/Out -> Ultranet and scroll to the right to select the USB Return channel for each Ultranet output. There is a preset button USB Return that selects the first 16 USB returns.

• August 7, 2019
    • bcrooms
      bcrooms

I do have the ASIO drivers for the XR18 installed on my Windows PC...but I can't seem to get this to work properly. 

• August 7, 2019
    • bcrooms
      RexBeckett

@bcrooms wrote:

I do have the ASIO drivers for the XR18 installed on my Windows PC...but I can't seem to get this to work properly. 

Did you make the other settings I mentioned? In what way does it not work?

• August 7, 2019
    • bcrooms
      KenMitchell

Hi @bcrooms , 

In Studio One, you also have to set each track output to the corresponding USB Return going to the mixer.  Optionally, you can remove the tracks from the Master Buss or you can just mute it when you only want to send the individual tracks.  I don't use Studio One but I'll see if I can give you some guidance on setting the track outputs to the USB Returns. I think I have the free version somewhere. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• August 7, 2019
    • bcrooms
      bcrooms

I tried again to set the outputs in Studio One to relate to each channel return, but it still will not return audio through the ultranet interface to my P16s.

• August 15, 2019
Go to page