Statistics

254,296 members
131,973 posts
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-15

So I am running some line level gear into channels (not 1 or 2) and without having the gain set to around +25 dB, the metering bars barely register and the sound output is quite low.

Instrument output levels are nominal, so there is plewnty of signal going in.

Is there some switch I am missing to force a channel to line-level and not MIC? I sorta thought the inputs were auto-detecting?

read more...
    0 3
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto Something is not right Dennis. I've used the standard channel inputs (1-16) for line level signals without any issues. What input (XLR or 1/4") of the combo jack are you using?
      • Oct 15
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

Hey Paul :), thanks for the reply - running three line ins (1/4") to channels 15,16,17 - I thought that these combo jacks "auto-sensed" the input between mic/line ....I agree that having to run the gain out to +24 is a bit worrying, although IIRC I have read elsewhere that apparently these figures on the XR are a bit misleading....having said that the hiss levels are noticeable, not overly so, but there!

• Oct 15
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto The 1/4" jacks of the combo jacks bypass the preamps, since they are meant for line-type levels. The XLR typically are used for mics and the signal does go through the channel's preamp. If you are having to boost the gain significantly and are getting noticeable hiss, it means that there is something wrong with the input signal. The 1/4" jacks are balanced TRS (signal+, signal-, shield) mono inputs, not stereo inputs (left, right, shield). If you are using TRS cables and the signal source is a stereo signal, the XR18 balanced input will be greatly reduced due to cancellation by the balanced configuration.
      • Oct 15
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

As I wrote above Paul, these are mono 1/4" jacks - the XR12 had 1/4" jacks but as you know the 18 only has XLR's - if I run these same cables into another device, there is plenty of signal I can assure you haha! It's why I was thinking there must be a switch somewhere in the XR Edit app to set it. Again, I thought the inputs also auto-sensed a mono or stereo cable....should I use stereo cables instead?

• Oct 15
    • DennisMilsom
      Paul_Vannatto No, the XR18 XLR jacks are combo jacks. In the middle of each XLR jack is a 1/4" jack. The inputs are not "auto sensing". But the XLR of the jack goes through the preamp (expecting a mic level input) and the 1/4" of the jack bypasses the preamp. Also, no there is no switch to set the inputs.

Are you using TSR (stereo 1/4" to stereo 1/4"), TS (mono 1/4" to mon 1/4") cable to connect the line level gear to the XR18?
      • Oct 15
  • New
    sridhar2021
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-15

Hi

i puchased a Behringer Q1202USB mixer from the US and realise it takes only a 110 V input.

As I live in Asia which has 230 volts power, what step down transformer should I look for. What should be the specifications in terms of voltage and wattage? This has a power consumption of 20 W.

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    DavidThomson1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-15

Hi, would it please be possible (like all other behringer products), to have the flow product page have a firmware section to advise customers

A) when a new version has been released and its revision number with date of release

B) What new features have been added

C) What bugs and issues have been resolved

The only way to check for a new version is to fire up the Simply PUT app, connect your mixer and verify if its a new or old firmware release. It doesnt tell you anywhere (that i can find), whats new, fixed or broken with the version of FW. If even the app had the release date next to the firmware it would be a start, but would be prefered if it was put on the webpage with the date and a PDF with the changes etc in it.

Thanks

Dave

read more...
    0 10
    • DavidThomson1
      PedroRodrigues Hi DavidThomson1 you are absolutely correct that information should be on the product page available for any customer, I will make that recommendation to the respective team,to make it available. Meanwhile please follow the link below to access that information for the last FW released. https://wsi.li/dl/ycTi8EMrwed2t79uM/ Thank you
      • Oct 16
      • Flow Firmware Suggestion
        DavidThomson1 thanks Pedro. the link you sent was for firmware 11739 and we are now on 11748. thanks again
        • ·
        • Oct 16
      • Flow Firmware Suggestion
        PedroRodrigues Hi DavidThomson1, thank you for your reply, the document sent was merely a guideline on the type of document to expect when the team, that manages these aspects proceeds to make this information available on the product page. Thank you
        • Oct 16
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-14

We're new to X32. It seems like we have to turn the mic gains all the way up as far as they will go in order to get a somewhat usable signal to the input strips. The meters on the input strips barely budge past -24db. Is this normal for Berhringer? We're replacing an aging Yamaha board where the gains were rarely set above 40%.

read more...
    0 9
    • DanielThompson
      DavidThomson1 what sort of mics? Radio or wired? do they require phantom power perhaps? are you using proper balanced cable between the mic and the desk? my SM58s I need to drive harder than most other mics I own (Senheissers), but never more than about 35db of gain
      • Oct 14
      • X32 gain settings
        DanielThompson Thanks David - We started with three phantom powered wired mics, 2 AKG P220s, and 1 AKG GN30E. +48 is turned on for those channels otherwise we'd get nothing. We just want to get those working before we moved on to dynamic mics and DIs. The balanced cabling was run professionally, XLR on either end. Again, this hasn't been a problem with the Yamaha board this is replacing.
        • Oct 14
  • New
    JimmyZ123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-13

Hi, please help me find a quality road case for my Behringer Europower PMP 1680S mixer/amp. Thank you, JimmyZ

1 8
    • JimmyZ123
      Dale_M Hi I am afraid we do not make these cases, you may be better asking on a Facebook user group to see if anyone else has managed to obtain one or have one made.
      • Oct 13
    • JimmyZ123
      JimmyZ123

Thank u, Dale

• Oct 14
  • New
    DanielThompson
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-13

We are trying to connect an x32 producer using 8 XLR ins.

1) We want to feed those 8 ins to the USB out, where they can be unity gain, or they can go through their own DCA if that's possible.

2) We also want to send those same 8 XLR ins to the LR master out, which seems to be the out-of-the-box configuration.

3) And finally, we want that same master mix sent to an AUX out, although we'd settle for yet another XLR out.

It's not really clear how the default out-of-the-box configuration works. I understand the local ins are mapped to the input sliders, it's not clear how they get from there to the LR out, and how that makes it to the XLR 7&8 out. I keep thinking if I could understand that much I could probably make this work?

Anyway, please tell me this configuration is possible. I can make each individual configuration work, but not all at the same time.

read more...
    0 17
    • DanielThompson
      KyleJohnson Hi there, Kyle here with Music Tribe.

1. It should be set this way by default, but in order to do this just open the ROUTING>CARD menu and assign LOCAL 1-8 to the first column. This will be tapped right off the preamps, bypassing any other processing. If you want to use a DCA then you will need to assign the channels out, rather than just the inputs. To do that, open the ROUTING>CARD menu and assign P16 1-8 in the first column. Then open the ROUTING>P16 menu, there you should see that Channels 1-8 are already assigned to P16 outputs 1-8, you will just need to adjust the TAP point to suit your needs. If you want Fader/DCA control, choose POST FADER.

2. That is the default setting

3. Open the ROUTING>AUX page and you can assign any Bus including the Main LR to any of the AUX Outputs. Just highlight the desired AUX in the first column, then use the 4th column to select your signal.
      • Oct 13
      • X32 Help
        DanielThompson You explained it very well. And for the Aux routing I'll feed it from Main LR. But is there a way change that into mono before sending to one AUX out? Whoever set up this PA system provided LR in, but it's a mono system fed by Left side. Right side is terminated inside the cabinet. Or I could keep the legacy alive.
        • Oct 13
    • DanielThompson
      Paul_Vannatto If you want a mono feed of the stereo Main LR, send the Main LR (on its sends screen) to a single matrix, then assign that matrix to the Routing, Aux Out output.
      • Oct 13
      • X32 Help
        DanielThompson Brilliant!!! Huge Thanks!
        • Oct 14
  • New
    LowBee
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-13

Good day all,

I want to connect my iPad to XR18 with ethernet cable as wireless, even with Adlink router, drops out in some environments

I have a lightning to ethernet adaptor, when I connect directly to XR18 (with wi-fi turned off) I get Ethernet option in the settings

I click on this and it shows : USB 10/100 LAN but does not 'see' the XR18

What should I do?

Thanks learned people

read more...
    0 5
    • LowBee
      SethMusicTribe Hello LowBee! I would look into an external router! Unfortunately there is no feasible way to do what you ask but the addition of a strong external router would solve most these inconsistences.
      • Oct 13
    • LowBee
      DavidThomson1 Try a crossover cable perhaps? I cannot connect direct from iPad to X18 with a network cable unless its a crossover one, then it works perfect
      • Oct 14
  • New
    mazen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-13

dear sir 

I want to contact the person responsible for wholesale sales . 

[email protected]

0 8
  • New
    htnijhof
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-13

Hello Everyone,

For our band we are using a X32 Rack for in-ear monitoring. Everybody is using an iPad wit hthe X32Mix app for controlling their personal mix, except for 1 band member, he uses a P16.

Our drummer finds it hard to make quick changes in his mix on the ipad (the faders on the screen). He prefers mixing-desk style physical faders. A p16 therefore is not a solution.

So, is it possible to connect a XTouch (or other controller with faders) with his iPad to control his mix in the X32Mix app? Or, is it possible to control his own mix (like on the iPad) by connecting the controller to the X32? I know it's possible to remote control the X32 with a control surface but is it also possible to control his monitor mix only?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 20
    • htnijhof
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Using the X-TOUCH it is possible to access the monitor mixes on the X32 directly. You can not use the X-TOUCH to control the iPad or Desktop apps.
      • Oct 13
    • htnijhof
      htnijhof Thanks! What if I use a Korg NanoKontrol Studio (with Bluetooth) midi controller and connect it with my iPad running the X32 app? I see some midi settings in the app like Rx an Tx fader (enable/disable). Would that be possible?
      • Oct 14
    • htnijhof
      htnijhof UPDATE: I've been experimenting with the Mixing Station app for iOS and a Korg nanokontrol studio midi controller. And it's works perfectly! The Mixing Station app is compatible with the X32(rack). And it's fully configurable for midi/surface controllers. So this creates a very compact in-ear mixing desk with faders and knobs. And it stands on it's own regarding the surface control.
      • Oct 17
  • New
    BobbySadler
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-12

Hello.. I believe I have the latest preset library from Behringer.. but I am wondering if the community has a preset library.. there are folks out there like Drew who will sell you his presets.. but as a community I'm thinking there may be a place we can go to share our presets.. does anything like that exist? in particular I'm hoping to find some presets for various MixBus subgroups. Thanks in advance! ~Bobby

read more...
    0 3
    • BobbySadler
      whamil Hello, No one else has said anything, and I don't know of any. I don't think this is what you are looking for, but I'd share the basic scenes I use for shows and festivals, that have presets for eq's and compressors, which I use a lot. I'll attach a zip file, if I can, which has a readme.txt in it.
      • Oct 17
Go to page