254,293 members
131,970 posts
  • New
    Albertvinzenz01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-12

Hallo 

Midas bootet nicht mehr hoch.

Nach dem Einschalten gibt es eine Schleife. Hochfahren bis zu einem gewissen Punkt

Dann wieder down - wieder hoch usw... Schleife.

Wer kann helfen ?

Albertvinzenz01

read more...
    0 15
    • Albertvinzenz01
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. It sounds like it could be a failure, please contact us directly by clicking on Support and then Care/Service.
      • Oct 12
  • New
    DeanRinehart
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-12

This is a legacy product that's pretty hard to ship around for repairs...when will Midas support right to repair and release schematics?

0 8
    • DeanRinehart
      Dale_M Thanks for your post this is not currently on offer to users however we do have Midas approved repair centres globally who have access to service information, if you need a non warranty repair please go to the Support tab above and select Service.
      • Oct 13
  • New
    fernandodesert
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-12

please send it to [email protected]

0 10
  • New
    Vihnz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-11

How do I write a new show that starts from scratch with everything zeroed out/ baseline? I can only pick a saved show with parameters already set...

0 12
    • Vihnz
      Paul_Vannatto The iPad app is designed as a mixing app. To setup the X-Air, you should be using the X-Air Edit app (for Windows, Mac, linux and Raspberry Pi). In X-Air Edit, go to the Setup, Connection screen. In the bottom right corner is the Initialise button.
      • Oct 11
  • New
    avbarr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-11

Is it possible to order new jelly type buttons and replace old black ones on midas m32?

I own midas m32 with old buttons (hard to see) and new Midas m32R Live with jelly buttons and I like them more.

So it would be great if I could replace them..

Thank you!

read more...
    0 6
    • avbarr
      Nigel67 Hi avbarr. Yes, this shouldn't be a problem. Please contact the spares department and they will be able to advise you part numbers and pricing. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks. Just a word of caution, if you are the first owner and purchased the console on or after 1st September 2014, then you have a 10 year warranty which will be voided if you open the console to fit the switch caps. It would have to be done at a local service centre to you to keep the warranty active. If you decide to go this route, then as well as a spares ticket, you will need to send in a Service Ticket so the Team can arrange the warranty service. Many thanks
      • Oct 11
  • New
    daveh13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-10

Hi,

my newbie question : where is the mute inserted in the chain ?

As far as I see, it's inserted close to the fader, because the EQ still works even muted.

I wonder if there is a way to insert it before the preamp ?

Here is why I ask this :

In my studio I have a mic that I use for voice and also for the tenor sax.

I would like to set 2 channels, with 1 same source : this mic.

But both channel will have differents settings (one for voice and one for sax), and as you guess, the sax is much more powerfull, so on its channel, the gain will be far lower than for the voice.

But if I do so, when I will record the sax, I will mute the voice channel, that will still be feed by the sax sound (because Mute is post-fader). And the preamp of the voice channel will be probably overdriven. Can it be damaged this way ?

How would you do ?

You will probably answer "snippet on a single channel", one for voice, one for sax, but snipets seem less easy than muting/unmuting 2 channels...

read more...
    0 15
    • daveh13
      Paul_Vannatto The preamps are physically integrated with the XLR-F jack and the only control available is the gain and phantom. So it is impossible to add mute before preamp. Yes the current mute is part of the channel strip processing right beside the fader. What you are trying to do is not a good idea IMO. Use separate mics for vocal and sax.
      • Oct 10
    • daveh13
      daveh13

Ok that's what I thought for the mute... Alas I'm not pro, my budget is limited and I have one "good" mic to share between voice and sax... But you did not answer : could the preamp be damaged by a too strong input level ? Note that on the voice channel, like other channels, I keep 12dB headroom, so the sax signal won't probably not clip the voice channel very often...

• Oct 10
    • daveh13
      Paul_Vannatto No, preamps won't be damaged by too strong a signal.
      • Oct 10
    • daveh13
      KevinMaxwell Use a Y cable and put the mic into 2 different channels with completely different settings. Including the Preamp.
      • Oct 10
    • daveh13
      daveh13

Really ? Can you split a mic signal in two ? In parrallel ? And anyway, when I play sax, the signal at the input of the voice preamp will still be quite loud. BTW, I ask myself another question : if the mic is on 1 single XLR input (that has 1 single corresponding physical preamp, and if I use this physical input on two different channels with 2 different preamp settings, what kind of setting is transmitetd to the physical preamp ??? How can it deal with these two concurrent settings ?

• Oct 11
      • X32 : where is the mute inserted in the chain ?
        KevinMaxwell Split it as I said and then mute and un-mute the channels as needed.
        • Oct 11
  • New
    daveh13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-10

Hi,

I wonder how, from the X32 menus, I can delete wav files recorded on my USB key, when I do not have access to a PC.

0 6
    • daveh13
      Paul_Vannatto Only importing and exporting files from/to a USB key is available from the X32.
      • Oct 10
    • daveh13
      daveh13

I was thinking about the WAV files you are recording with the USB recorder and that can get very big (not the scenes/cues/snipets). But I suppose that the answer is the same : you can put things on the USB drive, but not delete them unless using a PC.

• Oct 10
    • daveh13
      Paul_Vannatto That is correct. With the low cost of USB keys nowadays, I carry a small pouch of USB keys to every event I do sound for. Later when I get home, I either archive the recordings (as well as renaming the files) to my home NAS or delete the files no longer required.
      • Oct 10
    • daveh13
      Paul_Vannatto Another option is to get the X-Live card to replace the X-USB. With that card, you can record sessions as well as delete them from the SD card.
      • Oct 10
    • daveh13
      daveh13

By the way, as you have a feedback on usb keys, I saw that some persons recommand staying under 32Gb (FAT formated), and some tell to avoid Sandisk. As you obviously have numerous keys, what is your personal feedback ? What is your favorite key for the X32 ?

• Oct 10
  • New
    GustavoFerreira
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-10

Good morning, I recently bought a "Behringer" mixer model "XENYX X2222USB" and have been exploring the desk and the program I use the "Studio One" program for recording, in which when I manage the input channels, only two appear.

What should I do to make all input channels available?

Any suggestion? Thanks.

read more...
    0 14
    • GustavoFerreira
      Paul_Vannatto That mixer model only has a bi-directional stereo USB audio interface, meaning only 2 USB input channels.
      • Oct 10
  • New
    daveh13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-09

Hi,

after installing the ASIO driver for the X-USB card of my X32 on my PC/windows 10,
    I found this document
    https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=X32_RACK%3A_Configuring_the_PC_to_Interface_with_the_X-USB_Card

It shows a way to friendly rename the inputs and outputs of the card (which can be useful when you have 32 inputs ;-) ...

But in the driver I just installed (up-to-date), it is more simple and I do not see these screens...
    Are they gone, or am I missing something ?

read more...
    0 3
    • daveh13
      Paul_Vannatto The title on that wiki page is incorrect. That interface shown is for the older X-UF card which was discontinued 8 years ago.
      • Oct 9
    • daveh13
      daveh13

Ok thanks man. Your knowledge of the X32 is wide !

• Oct 9
  • New
    daveh13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-09

Hi,

I just received a brand new X32 compact, and one scribble strip is not working. Its color can change (background LED I suppose, separated from the upper LCD display), but nothing is written in it... See the pictures, with several group of bus selected, to check it's not related to one specific bus.

I tried a factory reset, but same problem...

Before sending it back to the shop, I would like to be sure that there is not a bad config or something I did wrong and that could be corrected by software...

Any idea ? Any sofware test to do ?

read more...
    0 34
    • daveh13
      Paul_Vannatto That is a hardware failure. If you just bought it, you should return it to the vendor and ask for a replacement. Otherwise click on the Support (above) and fill out the form for a service repair.
      • Oct 9
    • daveh13
      daveh13

Yes hardware problem. That's what I thought. I just asked for a replacement. Bad luck. Especially because I know that Behringer have very low return rate on these products.

• Oct 9
    • daveh13
      daveh13 Damned, the scribble strip is working again... Now I don't know what to do... Sending back for a replacement = I will have no console during at least 2 weeks... But I'm afraid the problem will come back. (It seems like a bad contact in a wire somewhere, because obviously the little screen component is working)
      • Oct 10
    • daveh13
      KevinMaxwell Gently tap it with your fingertip and see if it comes and goes. Just a tinny bit harder then the force you use when typing. This will give you a good idea if it will work intermittently.
      • Oct 10
    • daveh13
      daveh13

It worked for 4-5 hours, then the LCD is grey-blurry again, with the LED still working and reflecting the correct icon color. Gently tapping on it does not do any effect. I have another strange behaviour, the motor of the same fader seems to make a little noise from time to time. As if it was starting to move, or callibrate. But it does not move. It happens when I do not even touch the console for a long time (reading a document in front of the desk).

• Oct 10
Go to page