Statistics

269,834 members
149,584 posts
  • New
    TLAudioMnM
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-04

My studio had a Midas Siena 480 before I started working there and it was set up by the previous Engineer, but I can't for the life of me find anything on the correct way to connect external pres and compressors to the console. At the moment we have a Neve 1073 going directly into the consoles mic pre, but this seems wrong to me as it's one pre going into another. I just want the Neve going in. Same goes for our 1176. The signal is all in series. 

Can anyone help me with this?

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    SEALS333
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-02

I’m new to this website and don't know much about live audio Equipment. I play small live gigs at bars and restaurants with a buddy playing acoustic Country. We both play guitar and both sing. We have 2 Mackie Thump12A 1300W 12 inch Powered Speakers, and a Midas DM-12 mixer board. We struggle hearing ourselves whenever we play. Because of the small sizes of the venues we are playing at, we don’t want to blast our speakers but at the same time if we don’t turn up our main volume quite a bit, we cannot hear ourselves. We don't want to get floor monitors because of the lack of space at the venues we play at regularly. We are trying to find a solution so we can hear ourselves and adjust our own personal mixes (so I can turn my guitar and my vocals up in my ears and so that he can turn his vocals and his guitar up in his ears). My idea on doing this was buying a 1/4” (M) to XLR (M) chord and running that from the AUX 1 and AUX 2 outputs on the DM-12 to a wired in ear monitor body pack that we could plug our in ears into. I bought all of the equipment and plugged everything in, but only got sound in one ear. I then thought our issue was our chord. I purchased a stereo 1/4” to XLR and thought maybe I needed a mono. So I then purchased a mono 1/4” to XLR chord and still had the same issue of only having sound in one ear. Do you have any solutions or maybe new recommendations on how we can get our own personal mix to put in ears? Thanks for the help!

read more...
    0 8
    • SEALS333
      SEALS333 These are the chords that I bought and attempted to use. One is mono and the other is stereo, and both cables only played sound in one ear.
      • Jan 2
    • SEALS333
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest you return that body pack and get a Behringer P1. Use the mono cable that you have and plug the XLR into the left input (of the P1) and press the mono button on the front.
      • Jan 2
    • SEALS333
      DaveMorrison What is the brand/model of your wired in ear monitor body pack? I've been able to supply signal to these type of packs with a combination of two cables. 1) a stereo 1/4" to XLR (like you have) coupled (in stereo) to 2) an insert cable (TRS to 2x TS). A stereo 1/4" couple is needed to couple both 1/4" TRS ends together. I'm not sure your mixer can send signal in stereo though.
      • Jan 3
  • New
    Midas12
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-30

Music Tribe censors out members posts when they don't like what you have to say.

1 19
  • New
    Midas12
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-30

You have lost all credibility with me. No response. I have many Verona modules that need repair. I would advise any person in buying gear to stay away from the Music Tribe. Horribly managed.

1 18
  • New
    Machelino
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-11

As from yesterday the firewire of my Venice F24 mixer is not being recognized via the Midas Firewire Panel.

Tried to turn off the mixer and reboot the macbook..with no result.

Is there an option to repair the firewire chip? And what cost would be involved?

How much would a new card cost?

Regards,

Machelino

read more...
    0 8
    • Machelino
      Dale_M Ho there, most likely the PHY chip has blown from an accidental hot-plug, the PCB can be repaired but it may be quicker to go to the Support tab and ask the Spares team for price and availability of an F24 firewire card, if you want to look at getting the PCB repaired please open a Service Ticket. If you need any help and advise on removing the card from the console please raise a Technical ticket so we can assist you. Sorry there are 3 options but there are 3 teams here to support all possibilities, I hope this makes sense. In the meantime please check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiKVF5Bsyj8&t=4s
      • November 11, 2021
    • Machelino
      Machelino

Hi Dale, I've created two tickets. One for the costs of a replacement card (Technical) and the other to get an estimate on the repair of the chip on the card. Do you know if the borad will still function analogue when the firewire board is removed. That would be great for now.. Thanks in advance

• November 12, 2021
    • Machelino
      Jamesharquez Ya, just checked and the cost of replacement is $320 plus shipping. What a horrible flaw that should have been recalled immediately. No accountability.
      • Jan 5
  • New
    TPprod
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-03

Trying to reach someone for help and I have created 2 tickets with no response on here. Have a Midas Verona 2004 board 

Submitted a request on parts over a week ago and no one responded, we have 3 issues going on with the board
    Channels 9-24 tap on panels and aux 1 looses connection, channels 25-40 when tap on panels sauced 7 looses connection, channel 40 goes up and down on its own

any suggestions 

read more...
    0 6
    • TPprod
      Nigel67 Hi TPprod. I can only apologise for the late response to your tickets that you have submitted. As they are identical, one has been closed and I have asked a colleague from the Technical Team to reply to you. It will probably be tomorrow before you get an answer as the Verona is an old product and requires the knowledge of someone from the UK to be able to answer your question. Again, sorry for the delay.
      • November 9, 2021
  • New
    solidtraveller
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-02

Once upon a time, Midas was a Professional Sound Company with an outstanding technical service to their customers.

You had a problem, you contacted Midas directly over the phone, speak with a profesional technical representative, and sort out problems efficiently and quickly.

Today, Midas technical excellence has become one of the worst services at the bottom of most sound consumer companies out there.

It's basically non existent!

I have been waiting for a simple reponse from them for over a week.

I have raised two different tickets on their non existent support:

CAS-497987-G3J3D9 CRM:0020400001070

CAS-498376-S5W1H2 CRM:0120000246019

But I haven't received a response from them since over week.

How dissapoointing is this!

I just need to purchase a power supoply for my desk

and there is no other way to do this than through Music-tribe.

So what's the actual procedure here?

Buy another desk?

keep raising tickets?

chasing Music-tribe by sending continuous emails to them?

I really thought that buying a Midas desk was enough warranty for me to keep things WORKING

How wrong I was!

PLEASE HELP

read more...
    2 28
    • solidtraveller
      Dale_M Hi Dale here, sorry you are having issues, we are still here and we do still care! it looks like your initial ticket should have been sent to us as a Technical ticket rather than a spares ticket, this has likely caused issues our end. I can see you have created another ticket CAS-498376-S5W1H2 so I will ask the Spares team to escalate this one for you. For future reference if you are having actual problems with any Midas console please use the Technical Ticket option so we can assist you before passing you over to Spares. I hope this helps.
      • November 2, 2021
    • solidtraveller
      solidtraveller Please check my two tickets before responding to my query Dale.
      • November 2, 2021
    • solidtraveller
      solidtraveller I did raised a ticket with your non-exixten Technical Service first (First ticket number), and you referred me and open another ticket to your non-existent Spares department. I have not received an answer from you yet. So I am not able to make my purchase of a new power supply for my desk yet. Mind you, trying to blame the customer here is not going to make you look good I'm afraid,
      • November 2, 2021
    • solidtraveller
      solidtraveller In the meantime, my desk has not been working for over a week. That's how reliable Midas Customer Service is today.
      • November 2, 2021
    • solidtraveller
      Dale_M

Hi there, I am not trying to blame you here, the Spares department get considerably more traffic than the Technical department so this will always cause a delay, I am picking your CAS-497987-G3J3D9 ticket up to reply to you.

• November 2, 2021
  • New
    TPprod
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-31

Where do you locate replacement parts? 

0 7
    • TPprod
      NicJonesMT Hi TPprod.
      Click support at the top of the page and scroll down to the "Spare Parts" option. If you submit a ticket a member of the team will assist you.
      • October 31, 2021
      • Midas parts
        TPprod It’s been well over a week and no one is getting back to us, isn’t there a phone number we can call ???
        • November 6, 2021
  • New
    DeanRinehart
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-12

This is a legacy product that's pretty hard to ship around for repairs...when will Midas support right to repair and release schematics?

0 17
    • DeanRinehart
      Dale_M Thanks for your post this is not currently on offer to users however we do have Midas approved repair centres globally who have access to service information, if you need a non warranty repair please go to the Support tab above and select Service.
      • October 13, 2021
  • New
    DiogoGregorio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-12

Good people!

This is a long shot, lets see if anyone did or have any idea how to do this or if its possible at all.

I have an XL4 installed in an OB van (yeah, I know) while it sounds pretty nice the dreaded Outboard Electronic module just give up on me.

I lost the group routing capability, the aux routing is erratic and when you press 1 it turns on 13 also, our other random aux and turns off other random aux.

All automation don't work, VCA, routing, and all kinds of momentary switches.

My question is, is it possible to bypass the automation module, having access to the group and aux routing and not using the VCAs at all?!

Cheers! 

read more...
    0 12
    • DiogoGregorio
      Dale_M Hi there, as the XL4 is very old there is now very limited resource and support for it, however there is an excellent Facebook page with lots of Pro Users (many with XL4/H3 consoles) who are much better placed to advise you, I would suggest joining this group and adding your post, sorry we are unable to help any further: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1976275959349445
      • September 15, 2021
Go to page