Statistics

289,395 members
171,903 posts
  • New
    Bradenlarsen97
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-23

I'm restoring a legend 3000 and am having trouble finding the full diagnostic, service manual and schematics online. Do you guys still have any documentation on the desk? Any help is appreciated!!

0 4
    • Bradenlarsen97
    • Bradenlarsen97
      Dale_M Hi Branden I am sorry but we cannot share schematics with non partners however there are many vintage Legend users in this community group on Facebook who will hopefully be able to advise you. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1976275959349445
      • Jun 25
      • Legend 3000
        Bradenlarsen97 amazing support "try somewhere else" glad to know Midas cares about legacy gear ? I remember when I could call up and talk to the dudes who designed the desks. Midas after the music tribe acquisition is a joke, especially this "support". Thanks for the help Dale I know it's not your fault but still...
        • Mon at 9:59 AM
  • New
    robsimons78
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-07

Will someone please respond to my case:  CAS-602052-R9K9M6 

As requested I've emailed photos of parts and still no contact from support for over two weeks

0 130
    • robsimons78
      Nigel67 Hi robsimons78. I a can only apologise for the non reply to your e-mails in to your ticket. The spare parts team are a little behind at the present time. I will send a message acros to them to see if they can look at your ticket.
      • Jun 7
  • New
    Paddy2293
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-21

Hi first time posting here

I've not long purchased a used Midas venice F24 mixer. I'm aware there is a mod that can be done in order for the direct outs to be post fader aswell as eq. I like to use the mixer as an instrument and want to record all the fader movements through the direct outputs. Does anyone have any detailed instructions or ideally pictures on how this is done from what I can tell it's a small solder job on each channel but not exactly sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

many thanks, Pat 

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    AlexNL
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-04-09

Hi,

I can not find how to enable the TEST signal to an channel input of an H1000.

H1000 does not have a 'blue switch' like the H3000.

I found this in the manual (see attached picture) and it seems that it is under software control.

Thanks in advance, Alex Kempkes

read more...
    0 28
  • New
    Bleiz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-05
    Hi I've tried to send a requestform since yesterday but your site is down for some reason, I have an urgent urgent question regarding the channel inserts on this desk:

have bought HOSA  hc-SRC-203 which is a totally unbalanced cable trs to xlr's, doesn't work properly in any configuration that is pin 1 to 3 connected or not connected, the warm audio wa76 gets signal from a bassguitar and gain reduction is happening but you can't hear it even if signal goes out you cannot use the output volume knob on the compressor, in the Venice F24 manual it states how to connect balanced to unbalance but that demands balanced cables which the hosa obviously don't hav.

When I group the signal via blanced out grp to compressor and back into a stereoreturn it works like a charm but that is not the way I need it as the channel inserts are what I need whie tracking for example.

So how do I solve this? can you mod the ch insert point to become balanced etc or whic cable on earth will do the job???
    read more...
    0 15
    • Bleiz
      Dale_M Please check out page 13 of the manual as it covers this topic.
      • Apr 5
    • Bleiz
      Bleiz

Nope sorry Dale but this one does not comply w. reality therefore the dilemma...have tried everything guess the hosa cabling whis is unbalanced ie no screen is the problem?

• Apr 5
  • New
    LaurMorun
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-04

Hi everyone.

Is the aux send on the channel strip switchable to pre-EQ? 

0 17
  • New
    TLAudioMnM
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-04

My studio had a Midas Siena 480 before I started working there and it was set up by the previous Engineer, but I can't for the life of me find anything on the correct way to connect external pres and compressors to the console. At the moment we have a Neve 1073 going directly into the consoles mic pre, but this seems wrong to me as it's one pre going into another. I just want the Neve going in. Same goes for our 1176. The signal is all in series. 

Can anyone help me with this?

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    SEALS333
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-02

I’m new to this website and don't know much about live audio Equipment. I play small live gigs at bars and restaurants with a buddy playing acoustic Country. We both play guitar and both sing. We have 2 Mackie Thump12A 1300W 12 inch Powered Speakers, and a Midas DM-12 mixer board. We struggle hearing ourselves whenever we play. Because of the small sizes of the venues we are playing at, we don’t want to blast our speakers but at the same time if we don’t turn up our main volume quite a bit, we cannot hear ourselves. We don't want to get floor monitors because of the lack of space at the venues we play at regularly. We are trying to find a solution so we can hear ourselves and adjust our own personal mixes (so I can turn my guitar and my vocals up in my ears and so that he can turn his vocals and his guitar up in his ears). My idea on doing this was buying a 1/4” (M) to XLR (M) chord and running that from the AUX 1 and AUX 2 outputs on the DM-12 to a wired in ear monitor body pack that we could plug our in ears into. I bought all of the equipment and plugged everything in, but only got sound in one ear. I then thought our issue was our chord. I purchased a stereo 1/4” to XLR and thought maybe I needed a mono. So I then purchased a mono 1/4” to XLR chord and still had the same issue of only having sound in one ear. Do you have any solutions or maybe new recommendations on how we can get our own personal mix to put in ears? Thanks for the help!

read more...
    0 23
    • SEALS333
      SEALS333 These are the chords that I bought and attempted to use. One is mono and the other is stereo, and both cables only played sound in one ear.
      • Jan 2
    • SEALS333
      Paul_Vannatto I would suggest you return that body pack and get a Behringer P1. Use the mono cable that you have and plug the XLR into the left input (of the P1) and press the mono button on the front.
      • Jan 2
    • SEALS333
      DaveMorrison What is the brand/model of your wired in ear monitor body pack? I've been able to supply signal to these type of packs with a combination of two cables. 1) a stereo 1/4" to XLR (like you have) coupled (in stereo) to 2) an insert cable (TRS to 2x TS). A stereo 1/4" couple is needed to couple both 1/4" TRS ends together. I'm not sure your mixer can send signal in stereo though.
      • Jan 3
  • New
    Midas12
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-30

Music Tribe censors out members posts when they don't like what you have to say.

1 25
  • New
    Machelino
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-11

As from yesterday the firewire of my Venice F24 mixer is not being recognized via the Midas Firewire Panel.

Tried to turn off the mixer and reboot the macbook..with no result.

Is there an option to repair the firewire chip? And what cost would be involved?

How much would a new card cost?

Regards,

Machelino

read more...
    0 28
    • Machelino
      Dale_M Ho there, most likely the PHY chip has blown from an accidental hot-plug, the PCB can be repaired but it may be quicker to go to the Support tab and ask the Spares team for price and availability of an F24 firewire card, if you want to look at getting the PCB repaired please open a Service Ticket. If you need any help and advise on removing the card from the console please raise a Technical ticket so we can assist you. Sorry there are 3 options but there are 3 teams here to support all possibilities, I hope this makes sense. In the meantime please check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiKVF5Bsyj8&t=4s
      • November 11, 2021
    • Machelino
      Machelino

Hi Dale, I've created two tickets. One for the costs of a replacement card (Technical) and the other to get an estimate on the repair of the chip on the card. Do you know if the borad will still function analogue when the firewire board is removed. That would be great for now.. Thanks in advance

• November 12, 2021
    • Machelino
      Jamesharquez Ya, just checked and the cost of replacement is $320 plus shipping. What a horrible flaw that should have been recalled immediately. No accountability.
      • Jan 5
Go to page