Statistics

227,995 members
102,802 posts
  • New
    webstylepress
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-31

I am totally new to sound. I have been using USB MIC and Boya (with USB adaptor). I record my voice while screen recording. I should had gone with Audio Interface but I got this mixer without XLR MIC. I don't have XLR mic. I have Boya BY-M1 mic. I got two adapters (TRS connectors). I plugged in simple headphone audio and Boya mic pins in mixer and used phones. I could hear audio/sound from laptop but I could not listen to my voice from MIC. I turned 'Gain' and 'Level' in first column and turned phones knob. I can listen to my voice but really low but a ready loud hiss and background noise. I tried "To Phones" and "To main mix" together and separate but no success. Also when I check "Listen to this device" from mic settings only them i hear my voice. I wanted to record my voice and monitor it at same time. I am using screen capturing software or sometimes audacity. Did I make mistake by going with mixir? Should I had gone with audio interface?
    Am I doing it wrong? Is XLR microphone a must to get clean voice?

read more...
    1 34
    • webstylepress
      RexBeckett Hi, I think you have two or three problems happening:

You have the mic plugged-in to the line-level input. The mic needs to be connected to the XLR input - via appropriate adapters.

The Boya BY-M1 appears to have a four-pole TRRS plug - suitable for smartphones. I think you will need to use an adapter cable to get the mic signal on a TRS plug before you can adapt it to XLR. A mic with an XLR connector would be much easier to use. If you do get a different mic, note that the Phantom power on the Q502USB is 15 Volts. Some condenser mics will only work with 48 Volt phantom power.

The To Phones and To Main Mix buttons control what happens to playback over USB. To record from the mixer, the To Main Mix button should be up. To monitor the mixer output, the To Phones button should also be up.

You would still have a problem connecting your mic to most types of audio interface. A mixer is slightly more flexible than most audio interfaces but either could be used.

BTW: I notice that the Comp 1 control is turned fully clockwise. It is unlikely that you would need this much compression and this high setting will increase the noise.
      • Jan 31
      • Behringer Xenyx Q502USB with Boya MIC Hissing Noise and Low Vocal Sound Issue
        webstylepress Alright. Thanks. So if I get a 3.5 female to xlr male connector and use that to connect boya will it work? And I just saw that there are xlr lavalier microphone (requires phantom power) available. But my mixer has 15v phantom power and xlr mics require 48v phantom power.
        [photo] > Yes I don't need full compression - i was just checking that.
        Very useful information. Thanks!
        • Feb 1
        RexBeckett All the 3.5mm to XLR adapters that I have seen have a three-pole TRS socket. If your mic has a four-pole TRRS you will need to use an additional adapter cable to convert it to TRS. e.g. Rode SC3: http://www.rode.com/accessories/sc3

I don't know of any lavalier mics that will run on 15V phantom. If you are still in the return window for your Q502USB, you could exchange it for a Q802USB which does have 48 Volt phantom.
        • Feb 1
        RexBeckett I just noticed the Boya BY-M11C lavalier mic. It has an XLR output and runs from a battery.
        • Feb 1
  • New
    pheets22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

I bought a 1202 fx  mixer a couple of yeas ago and I'm just getting around to using it it.  I have 2 turbosound q10 speaker hooked up to the main out.  however in a stand by mode there a noticable noise coming from the speakers.  When i unplug either one of the speakers from the mixer the noise drops about 90 percent.  I'm not looking for a refund just an idea what is causing the extra noise.

thanks,

Ed

read more...
    0 13
    • pheets22
      Paul_Vannatto Are you meaning the Turbosound iQ10 or NuQ10? What cables are you using to connect the mixer to the speakers? What position is the master fader on the mixer at?
      • Jan 29
    • pheets22
      DavidKnighton Hello pheets22,
      Are you using balanced cable (TRS) or unbalanced cables (TS) between the mixer and speakers? Unbalanced cable can induce noise, especially over long runs. Balanced cable helps to reject noise altogether, so it is clearly the better option in most cases.
      • Jan 29
  • New
    DiscoDHL
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

I like this mixer for a variety of reasons but today it happened for the second time - I was performing and suddenly my output was replaced by this awful loud ratcheting sound followed by static. Nothing softened it except turning down the main volume. USB input was not affected but all output was affected.

This is apparently an endemic problem, as I have found this to be a common complaint, online, among owners of this board. With it happening so frequently, someone must know why it happens and how to fix it. I'm hoping that one such someone sees this message and responds to it. I'm not afraid to tear into it and fix something, but I would like to know what ought to be fixed / replaced now that I can do it to both boards and bring them back to operating condition (hopefully).

read more...
    0 20
    • DiscoDHL
      KyleJohnson Hi Disco, Kyle here with Music Tribe. It could be the FX Processor. Try resetting it by powering the mixer off, and then hold down the FX Program/Param encoder while powering the mixer on again. If you continue to have issues, please contact us directly through the Support portal at the top of the page.
      • Jan 29
      • Behringer Xenyx X1204USB - terrible static / clicking sound has bricked two of them - why?!
        DiscoDHL Okay, but why would I have to do that? And how would it prevent this from happening again? Yesterday I got embarrassed in the middle of a Zoom show and had to stop playing because my backup plan didn't produce good sound the way I hoped it would. Assuming the board was "reset" when I first got it, what would stop this problem from self-developing again?
        • Jan 30
      • Behringer Xenyx X1204USB - terrible static / clicking sound has bricked two of them - why?!
        KyleJohnson If the issue persists I recommend you have the unit serviced, you can contact our Service team through the Support link at the top of the page.
        • Feb 1
  • New
    RenzoNerucci
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-28

Good morning,

I bought a Midas VF24 and I have this problem..

I switch on the mixer and It Will go on whenever It wants, but when it's on is ok. The problem it's Just on the start.

Some ideas?

0 17
    • RenzoNerucci
      DavidKnighton Hello Renzo,
      Is the environment colder than average? Sometimes this can happen if the ambient temperature is extremely low. Otherwise, I would lean towards a replacement PSU. You might want to check the PSU connectors and cabling are all seated properly, as a bad fit could also cause problems,.
      • Jan 28
  • New
    Vahideh63
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Hi,

I got this to be able to interview people on the phone. I have tried everything to connect the phone to the mixer but I cannot hear people I call or they cannot hear me and the recording software on the computer does not pick up the person's voice . Can I even use this mixer to conduct phone interviews? Thank you in advance

read more...
    0 21
    • Vahideh63
      WilliamR Hello, William from music tribe here. The easiest thing to do with your particular mixer is to set up a google hangouts account. This enables you to make free phone calls on your computer using your mixer and not your phone. This way, the audio will go both ways over your mixer to your headphones and your stream. This would be a much cleaner setup. Then all you would have to do is make sure your red USB button is engaged to send it to your DAW or your stream.
      • Jan 27
  • New
    Thebigdipper
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-25

I own a 1202FX mixer. I've also just bought an 802 for a friend who asked me to get one for him to use on a project. Online sale, home delivery.

The first unit I was sent had a problem with the phantom power switch. It would turn it on and work, but when I pressed it again to turn phantom power off, it stayed on. I had to unplug power from the mixer and plug it in again to turn phantom power off. The 1202 I own is just a simple press once to turn it on, press again to turn it off.

The shop agreed to replace it, and sent me a second unit with the courier also collecting the first. That has the same fault. So the shop agreed to test a third unit before shipping. That is the same. These are all sealed-at-the-factory boxes, BTW.

So, a bad batch, you might think. Well, that can happen. No. The shop is trying to tell me that this is likely to be the way it works. They'll take it back, but they won't call it a faulty product. 

Is it a product fault or is it working as designed? Anyone? I'd actually ask Support, but I don't have the serial number available unless I unpack the repacked box I'm returning it in. 

read more...
    0 26
    • Thebigdipper
      DavidKnighton Hello TheBigDipper,
      It is not uncommon for the phantom power to take some time to discharge, so maybe what you're experiencing is a slow discharge. Try leaving it for a few minutes after switching phantom power off, and then come back to see if it's still powering the mic.
      • Jan 25
    • Thebigdipper
      RexBeckett I agree with David. It takes a few seconds, on these mixers, for the phantom power LED to extinguish after pressing the button to turn it off. This is due to the large capacitors that are used to avoid noise on the phantom supply. It will take even longer if there is no mic connected or the mic draws a low current.
      • Jan 25
    • Thebigdipper
      Thebigdipper Thanks for the replies, gents. The LED on my 1202FX fades and goes out after 5-6 seconds of turning off the power. The LED on both 802 units stayed on without dimming at all for several minutes before I turn off the power supply to the unit. I can't test if there's still power for the mic after several minutes because the units have gone back to the retailer.
      • Jan 25
    • Thebigdipper
      Thebigdipper I think I've spent enough time on this. The difference in how it works between my 1202FX and these 802s is too obvious to make me happy, and it's not for me anyway. My friend wanted a new unit, and the retailer selling these was doing so at a great price. The difference between the used price and new price was trivial. If he buys a new one elsewhere, the difference is a little more, so I'll see what he wants to do next. Thanks again for your input.
      • Jan 25
  • New
    DesmondRynn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

I just bought 3 XENYX Q1202's . The power supply conection is the worst I haver seen. It is loose and every time I touch the lead or the mixer the it powers off and on several times. This is a really bad fault and I am going to return all three.

read more...
    0 11
    • DesmondRynn
      Nigel67 Hi Desmond, I am sorry that you have had a bad experienced with the Behringer mixers. Do you have the serial numbers? If you could also make a quick video showing how easy it is for the cable to fall out. I can then raise a ticket for the QA team to investigate further as this is definitely not correct. I will send you an e-mail that you can reply to with the serial numbers, video.
      • Jan 25
      • Power Supply To Mixer
        Nigel67 Hi Desmond, have just sent the e-mail. If its not in your main queue, please also check your SPAM.
        • Jan 26
  • New
    Numbern9ne303808909
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

Ok, so I need some basic first entry help.  After building an army of hardware routing into my Behringer Xenyx802, what is the best adaptor/audio interface to get recording into my laptop, to either just record live jams into Audacity or even link up with my Reason software.  There is no digital output on this mixer so would be straight out of the L/R main out 1/4inch.  Help!!

read more...
    0 17
    • Numbern9ne303808909
      RexBeckett You will need a USB Audio Interface. This will take the stereo outputs from the X802, convert them to digital and connect to your PC via USB.

There are several interfaces that would work. My recommendation would be Behringer UMC202HD or UMC204HD. These are directly supported by macOS and with dedicated drivers for Windows. The Windows driver supports ASIO which reduces latency (delay) for DAW software that supports it. Audacity does not support ASIO but does have a feature that can reduce problems with latency.

If your budget can stand it, I recommend the UMC204HD. This has a built-in monitor mixer that is really valuable for overdubbing or multi-participant streaming.
      • Jan 25
      • Mixer to Laptop
        Numbern9ne303808909 Funnily enough I had the UMC22 in my basket as well as a full M-Audio set with Mic and speakers. I'll check out the Behringer ones. It would help if I did some basic sound engineering! All the gear and no idea lol.
        • Jan 25
      • Mixer to Laptop
        RexBeckett The UMC22 is not a good option for you. It has one mic channel and one instrument/line channel. You need two channels that work the same way. The advantage of the UMC202HD/UMC204HD is that the two channels can both be mic, instrument or line inputs. The flexibility costs a little more but is likely to last you longer.

The same logic applies to the M-Audio products. I think that the Air 192 6 would serve you better than the Air 192 4 as the channels are more flexible.
        • Jan 25
  • New
    TurdFerguson19
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-24

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but not to Midas, I have recently purchased a pristine Venice F32. The only issue is my channel #4 fader is missing ? at least the knob plus the slider, the body is still on the circuit board. Can someone point me in the right direction for a replacement fader plus the knob? 

read more...
    0 32
    • TurdFerguson19
      Nigel67 Hi, please click on the support tab at the top of the page. In the new page that opens, scroll down, click on the spare parts tab and submit a ticket. One of my colleagues will then get back to you with pricing and availability. many thanks
      • Jan 24
  • New
    SebastianG
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

Hi before buying a 1204USB, can someone confirm/tell me if this unit works for "overdub" or direct monitoring?  I want to listen to tracks from DAW thru mixer while recording thru mixer back to DAW.  (obviously, not re-recording audio coming in thru usb!)

Sounds basic but cannot find a shred of info on this.

Other question is, if so, can levels of the playback track from computer be adjusted against the audio being played/recorded into the mixer?  

Thanks!

read more...
    0 17
    • SebastianG
      RexBeckett Hi Sebastian, you can overdub with a 1204USB mixer but it requires a small trick.

Connect the 2-Track Output to the 2-Track Input using a pair of RCA/RCA cables and press the 2-TR/USB To Phones/CTRL RM button. The 2-TR/USB To Main button must be up. This will give you a mix of USB playback and the mixer output on the Phones and Control Room outputs. You would need to use the PC output level control to balance the two sources. The USB recording feed will be the Main mix and will not include the USB playback.
      • Jan 23
Go to page