Statistics

198,087 members
68,891 posts
  • New
    Nathan Hyde
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-30

Hi. I have a collection of 5 X32 RACKs with X-Live cards that we use for 24/7 looping audio playback from sessions on X-Live SD cards. The problem is that the X32 stops outputting X-Live audio after an undetermined number of hours. When the problem occurs, the OSC events coming from the X32 related to recorder status indicate that it is still playing. In X32-Edit's Recorder > Live Recorder screen, the PLAY button will lit up (as expected when playing back) and the animated tape reels spin but the overall playback timer shows all zeros and the progress bar and positional numbers are empty. Playback can only be resumed by power cycling the X32. (We've tried using the physical controls and remote OSC or X32-Edit stop/play combinations with no luck.)

Background:

The looping session playback is accomplished using a custom script which subscribes to card-related playback state info every 9 seconds. If the recorder state is stopped, the script sends a play request. It goes like that all day and all night. Until "the problem" occurs.

The mixers are all running firmware v3.12. The X-Live cards are all running firmware A12.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone see a flaw in how we are communicating with the X32 (subscribe regularly, listen and react when required)? Any suggestions would be appreciated. At this point, as a band-aid, I'm thinking scheduling power cycles in the middle of the night might be the only way to address this issue but I'd love to have a more official means of solving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 43
    • Nathan Hyde
      Paul Vannatto Hi Nathan, there were some issues (at one point) with the X-Live dropping recordings, but has been corrected. I would suggest you update your firmware to the current one (4.03). Make sure you backup your scenes, snippets and presets first.
      • Oct 30
    • Nathan Hyde
      Nathan Hyde Thanks for the info Paul. We updated one unit and have been running successfully since the 30th.
      • Nov 12
      • X32 RACK with an X-Live Looping Audio Playback Stops Outputting Audio
        Paul Vannatto Great to hear, Nathan
        • Nov 12
  • Mårten wanning
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-21

I am using the X32 + X-USB as audio interface to a Mac + Logic Pro, and I want to record the MIDI coming out of a Roland TD3 drum module (ie together with triggered drums basically a MIDI instrument).

But I am stumped trying to connect the TD3 to the X32, it seems the MIDI in jack is just for receiving control signals and not for transmitting MIDI thru. And there is no MIDI in on the X-USB. Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? Do I split the USB jack on the X-USB and send MIDI in to the card and then send the signal onwards to the Mac via the same USB socket? 

read more...
    0 14
    • Mårten wanning
      Dave Morrison The (USB) MIDI signal from the X-USB card can't be send to the MIDI DIN jacks. You have to use and external USB to MIDI interface. I wish they would implement this function. It's available on the X-Air series of mixers though.
      • Oct 21
      • connect midi to X32 + X-USB
        Mårten wanning it's what i was afraid of. surprising flaw in an otherwise great product (x32)!
        • ·
        • Oct 21