Statistics

215,309 members
88,416 posts
  • New
    cduetsch
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-23

I am feeding Adobe Audition from my X32 USB Card and finding the volume to be way too low.  I have fed the AUX 1-6/M ports into Card Output 17-24.  The meter on my board show Aux5/6 peaking at -7.5 - -2.5 dB.  But the DAW is seeing it but at a low volume.  The Hardware settings so far are on ASIO and I have turned the channels (23-34 in this case) to record, but still pretty low.

Any pointers? 

Chris

read more...
    0 7
    • cduetsch
      RexBeckett Hi cduetsch, the signal block labelled Aux 1-6/M are the Aux outputs as defined on Routing -> Aux Out. The signal level will depend on the selected signal-tap (Pre EQ, Post EQ, Pre Fader, Post Fader).

If you want to send the unprocessed Aux inputs to the Card, use the signal block AuxIn 1-6/T. These signals should be at the levels shown by the input meters.
      • Wed at 2:20 AM
      • X32 Card USB Output volume low into Adobe Audition DAW
        cduetsch Thanks RexBeckett for clarifying for me. This brought me down another rabbit\s hole unfortunately. I'll start with your second point on using Auxin 1-6/T.

- Routng-Card-Outputs 17-24 set to Auxin 1-6/T. Source is a PC running an MP3 plugged into RCA jacks Aux 5/6. Channels unmuted, Faders at 0dB and I hear output coming out of Main L/R.
        Result: nothing going to USB Output channels 23/24.
        - In your scenario: Routng-Card-Outputs 17-24 set to Aux 1-6/M. Source is a PC running an MP3 plugged into RCA jacks Aux 5/6.
        Result: signal going to USB Output to channels 23/24 but at very low volume - BUT - is affected by MAIN L/R volume. If I turn the Main up to -30db, I am getting increase to about -36 dB showing in my DAW - I did not expect that and would not want that.

I have tried playing with the Routing-AUX Out section - just not sure what to there in terms of actual assignment.
        • Thu at 6:38 AM
        RexBeckett If you route AuxIn 1-6/T to Card Out 17-24, Aux input 5/6 would be on USB tracks 21/22. USB tracks 23/24 would be fed from Talkback inputs.

If you route Aux 1-6/M to Card Out 17-24, USB tracks 23/24 would be fed from the Monitor mix.
        • Thu at 7:32 AM
        cduetsch Ach - I don't know how to count! Solved it: Output went to channels 21/22 properly when Using AUXIN 1-6/T.
        • Thu at 8:17 AM
        cduetsch ...and when I was using Aux 1-6/M the reason I was seeing this show up in my DAW on channels 23/24 is these must have mapped to the USB L/R or Aux 7-8, which is also why the DAW saw the changes in volume when I adjusted the Main L/R fader
        • Thu at 8:22 AM
  • New
    UnityofNoise
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-21

i need to know if the XR18 is reported workign for anyone on the new Apple M1 silicon chip?  its not working for me nor can find any sort of driver update or anything.  i'll have to return this computer tomrrow if not, i have jobs waiting on it atm.

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    cduetsch
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-20

I only see two inputs appearing in Adobe Audition.  I have installed the X-USB driver and thus control panel.  This is on Windows 10 Home.  How do I get all 32 INputs and Outputs to show up?

0 6
  • New
    bethelmedia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

When I try to update the I/O Box with the Midas IO updater it keep failing. I followed the video instructions and set my LAN IP to local as it states and it see the IO box IP and TFTP server but as soon as I press update I get failed to update.

Latest firmware I can find is  Version G3.4.6 rel-9 from 2019.  Anything more recent being worked on? 

read more...
    0 3
    • bethelmedia
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. 3.4.6 is the latest version of Firmware. Which ID is the DL251 set to? This impacts the IP address. For example ID 1 the IP address would be 192.168.40.1, and ID 2 the IP address would be 192.168.40.2

Do you have a network security/firewall up? Try disabling that as well.

You may wish to contact us directly through the Support link at the top of the page. Click on Support and then Technical Support.
      • Feb 14
    • bethelmedia
      bethelmedia I've tried the different IDs. It sees the IP just fine it's just when I press the update it fails. I'll attach a screen shot.
      • Feb 14
    • bethelmedia
      bethelmedia btw..i only have the IO box. PROXG3.4.6rel-9.tar not the ProX board. if a board is needed then never mind.
      • Feb 14
      • Midas DL251
        KyleJohnson The console isn't needed, that's the correct file. Please do submit a ticket so we can try to assist further.
        • Feb 14
  • New
    flowaudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

Hello, can i use an Midas DL32 with a Midas Pro2 in combination with DN9650 and a CM1 AES50 Card?

What is happening when i upsample the DL32 to 96 kHz? Do i get two AES50 streams with 16 or 24 channels or one stream with channel 1-24 and a second with 25-32? Or do i get one 24 channel AES50 Stream an lose channel 25-32? Can i still contoll gains over the converted AES50 stream?

And an other question. Can i control the settings of the DN9650 via Macbook?

And can i update and control Pro Boxes like DL231 with a Macbook? 

Nomaly i dont want to get a windows device just to contoll these settings.

cheers

read more...
    0 17
    • flowaudio
      DanielPaine Yes. A DN9650 with AES50 card can bridge a Pro Series to A M32.
      Setting controls for the DN9650 can be done on a Mac or PC connected via network cable and accessed through a browser.
      You can not control preamps through the DN9650.
      Some Pro stage boxes can operate at 48kHz so you can directly connect to M32
      These include DL251,231 &15X series

Bear in mind, the conversion of channels in a DN9650 is 1 to 1, regardless of sample rate. so if to use a KT-AES50 card for M32, you can connect to the primary for 48 bi-directional channels. Using the fixed AES50 ports for Pro series, each connection can only accommodate 24 channels. so port1: 1-24, port2: 25-48.

at 48kHz the KT-AES50 outputs are duplicated on the secondary port. I'm not aware how it deals with inputs but I suspect will be disabled.

Lastly, stage boxes can be updated via a computer using IO Updater, found on the website software section of any stage box.

I hope this answers your questions
      • Feb 15
  • New
    TheCashman44
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-12

We purchased this great mixer recentlly.  for some strange reason we cant get levels with the usb inputs

to get louder without feedbacking to the external monitors.  We use it for board room meetings and we

have to play back the inputs for the audience to hear.  The USB inputs just won't put out enough volume

when we are recording.  Any ideas?

read more...
    0 4
    • TheCashman44
      RexBeckett Hi there, normally if you select USB playback to the Main mix, USB recording is muted to prevent feedback. If you can explain how you have everything connected and what you want to achieve, we may be able to help.

The USB recording output is taken from the Main mix. If you want an increased recording level, you will need to raise the Mainmix level. If this causes feedback, lower the gain settings on the monitor speakers/amps. It will also help if you position the monitor speakers to reduce pickup by the microphones.
      • Feb 12
    • TheCashman44
      DavidKnighton Hello TheCashman44,
      As Rex has mentioned, recorded files are going to have a predetermined level associated. Example if you record low level, the file will play back low level. The best thing to do is to get the recording as high level as you can before clipping so that play back is nominal level. One other thing you can do in this case is to take audio straight from the computer audio port and plug it into a spare set of channels. You can then use the channel gain to boost the play back level without causing feedback from the other sources.
      • Feb 15
  • New
    djsuperdock
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-10

Here is my current setup with these components: 

2 Behringer s16s daisy chained together, then connected to FOH x32 via the first s16's AES50-A port (2nd s16 is set to "out +8" mode).

Playback laptop on stage using Klark Teknik DN9630 connected via ethernet to the open AES50-B port on the 2nd s16 unit.

Routing at the x32 console has all inputs set to AES50-A. The first 24 inputs are set to AES50-A 1-24.

Then, interestingly, to find the inputs coming from the Klark Teknik interface, the last 8 inputs are set to AES50-A 32-40. So AES50-A 25-32 are skipped over which is fine with our setup - all of our physical instruments can be connected to those first 24 inputs. 

My question is this - I want to get more than 8 channels from the laptop to the x32. I figured that I could simply use the Aux-Ins on the console - by setting the aux-in to "user 1-6" and then defining those user inputs to AES50-A 41-46 (picking up where the other channels were coming in). But when do this AND set up my laptop to send more channels, I am not getting anything at FOH. 

Any thoughts about what I could be doing wrong? 

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 14
    • djsuperdock
      DavidKnighton Hello djsuperdock,
      Would you be able to upload your scene or provide a link to where we can download and take a peek at your routing setup first hand? I have too many questions to ask, and it would be easier to just glance at the routing. Then I could feasibly pinpoint your issue.
      • Feb 10
      • Klark Teknik DN9630 interface -- Behringer s16 -- Behringer x32 Ecosystem Question
        djsuperdock I'm not at my mixer now but just saved the scene I have on my x32 edit which I just used with the board earlier today. It should be attached to the discussion now.
        • Feb 10
      • Klark Teknik DN9630 interface -- Behringer s16 -- Behringer x32 Ecosystem Question
        DavidKnighton I checked your scene routing and you have but 1 channel from 41-48 assigned to the USER IN 1-8. Might I suggest a test. Assign AES50 41-48 to any bank of input channels and just make sure you're getting something. This will confirm or deny whether there is signal present on those channels. Then you can try a repatch the Aux inputs how you want.
        • Feb 11
    • djsuperdock
      GaryHiggins I think your main issue may be interconnection, the S16's don't transmit their xlr inputs via their B port, B ports of the S16 are fixed to deliver specific aes50 ch's from the FOH mixer. The 2 S16.s in turn would shift the 9630 upstream intended ch's by 32 such that whatever is meant to head to foh from the 9630 will show up as aes50a 33-48 at foh. If more than 16 ch's, they will exceed the 48 ch limit and be 'out of bounds' You probably need to connect the 9630 to it's own port on the mixer and rout any S16 inputs to it via aes50 from FOH. My 2 cents.
      • Feb 10
        djsuperdock What you're saying about the 2 s16s bumping the interface up makes sense and is consistent with what I am experiencing. My first 8 inputs from the 9630 show up at AES50a 33-40. But then why wouldn't I simply be able to send more inputs to the 9630 and have them show up at AES50a 41-48?
        • Feb 10
        GaryHiggins The next 8 outputs from the 9630 would show up as input ch’s aes50a 41-48 at foh. Inputs TO the 9630 would be via the foh mixer aes50a out 1-48 menu. To use the xlr inputs of the s16’s in this way you would need to send aes50a inputs 1-32 from the mixer via aes50a out 1-32 (aes50a out 1-32 must say aes50a 1-32 in groups of 8) by default it would now say out 1-8, out 9-16, out 1-8 and out 9-16 again.
        • Feb 10
        GaryHiggins I still think you would be better off with a dedicated port for the 9630, no shifting of ch’s from it and more straightforward routing to it. Keeps your S16 outs more flexible too.
        • Feb 10
    • djsuperdock
      StephenEvans The S16s are not really meant to be a AES50 hub in the way you want to use them. It would be much better to connect to the AES50B port on the X32, you would be able to do much more flexible routing that way
      • Feb 11
  • New
    69ramblers
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-06

Hello,

Anyone here using the MR 18 as an interface with Jamkazam?

Thank you,

[email protected]

0 5
  • New
    dadaswitzerland
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-05

I know, beginners question. Does the XAir connects to the powerplay P16 with the ultranet output? Thank you:)

1 9
    • dadaswitzerland
      RexBeckett Hi dadaswitzerland, yes the XR18 Ultranet output works with the P16-M personal monitor mixers.
      • Feb 5
    • dadaswitzerland
      Dale_M Hi yes this is possible via ultranet to ultranet.
      • Feb 5
  • New
    RaimundLoup
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-03

Hello,

when I connect my new 302USB to my MacBook Air (running BigSur 11.2) the system automatically adds to new audio devices:

USB Audio CODEC 1 (for output from Mac to mixer)

USB Audio CODEC 2 (for input to Mac from mixer)

USB Audio CODEC 1 (sending sound from Mac to 302USB) is working porperly.

But I want to use Audio CODEC 2 to record the Main mix signal on the Mac. Unfortunately the input signal level is very small and the audio device in the MIDI setup does not allow to change it (the slides are de-activated - greyed-out).

Main mixer signal seems to be Ok. I connected an iPOD to Line-In and routed it to the Main mixer. At the loudest parts of the song, the Clip LED (Main mixer) flashes up shotly and also at the headphones output of the mixer, I have a reasonable signal.

I tested different recording apps (Audacity as well as QuickTime Recorder). All apps just show a very weak signal level coming from Audio CODEC 2.

Does anybody had similar issues and maybe already found a solution?

Kind regards

Raimund

read more...
    0 7
Go to page