Statistics

285,941 members
168,004 posts
  • New
    Dontiveros
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-20

Hi,

my church has a Midas m32 console, and 2 s16 stage boxes. We currently have in use the first 16 inputs ( 1-16 )on one s16 and a handful of inputs ( 17-25) on the next s16. We are also using 6 of the outputs ( 1-6 ) on one s16 for IEMs and 2 outputs ( 15-16 ) on the second s16 for our main PA. These are both connected via AES50 A cable. The stage boxes are connected by running a Ethernet cable from AES50 A on the back of the console to the AES50 A port on the first s16, then it is connected to the second s16 by running an Ethernet from AES50 B on the first box to AES50 A on the second s16. 

we also have a LABGRUPPEN connected to our m32 console for running overflow speakers to other rooms ( we have these labeled as matrix 1,2,3 ) these are connected to the back of the console on output ports ( 9-13 ) how can I map these stage boxes and local outputs in the routing section of my m32 but also have the ability to control each one of the matrix individually 

read more...
    0 6
    • Dontiveros
      Paul_Vannatto I'm not sure what you are asking for. If you have the M32 and 2 S16 all connected and working as expected/desired, why are you asking for the routing?

For your last question "ability to control each one of the matrix individually" you would do that by selecting the Mtx 1-6 Main C layer on the right bank of faders and adjust the desired matrix master fader.
      • May 20
      • Routing
        Dontiveros Sorry if it didn’t make sense, I am the 5th person to touch this board in less than 3yrs and each person before me has changed or routed things differently. It was a big mess and I guess I still don’t quite understand the p16, user and xlr tabs of the routing page.

When I turn the faders up or down for our matrix’s it does not adjust/change the sound to those speakers it remains the same. Again sorry for the confusion I don’t know where to begin or how to ask for guidance on my situation.
        • May 20
      • Routing
        Dontiveros There are still a lot of things that are not working right
        • May 20
    • Dontiveros
      Paul_Vannatto Thanks for explaining your situation. Now I understand. Give me a moment and I will map out the routing for you.
      • May 20
    • Dontiveros
      Paul_Vannatto Here is the routing for your setup. If this doesn't work, what I would suggest is for you to export your scene to a file and provide a shareable link to it (using something like Google Drive, etc.). If you need help with that, let me know.
      Here is the routing:

Routing, Inputs screen
      * Inputs 1-8 -> AES50 A1-8
      * Inputs 9-16 -> AES50 A9-16
      * Inputs 17-24 -> AES50 A17-24

Routing, Out 1-16 screen
      * Output 1 -> Mixbus 1 (post fader)
      * Output 2 -> Mixbus 2 (post fader)
      * Output 3 -> Mixbus 3 (post fader)
      * Output 4 -> Mixbus 4 (post fader)
      * Output 5 -> Mixbus 5 (post fader)
      * Output 6 -> Mixbus 6 (post fader)

* Output 9 -> Matrix 1 (post fader)
      * Output 10 -> Matrix 2 (post fader)
      * Output 11 -> Matrix 3 (post fader)

* Output 15 -> Main L (post fader)
      * Output 16 -> Main R (post fader)

Routing, AES50 (out to 2 S16)
      * AES50 A1-8 -> Out 1-8
      * AES50 A9-16 -> Out 9-16

Routing, XLR (out to XLR outputs on back of console)
      * Outputs 1-4 -> Out 1-4
      * Outputs 5-8 -> Out 5-8
      * Outputs 9-12 -> Out 9-12
      * Outputs 13-16 -> Out 13-16

For the 2 S16, make sure the first one is in mode 1 (Out+8 and Out+16 lights not lit) and the second one is in mode 2 (Out+8 is lit).
      • May 20
    • Dontiveros
      Dontiveros Thank you so much this should give me an idea of what to look for
      • May 20
  • New
    celoranta
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-05-17

For reference: Ticket CAS-63152-S4V6K6

UPDATE:

There was a more recent subsequent ticket number involved -

Case CAS-432859-R4H2L9  -  X-DANTE  - X-DANTE/S204400332AZR Card Inputs Show On Wrong Channels 

First, and for the record, let me say that I'm a proponent of the X32 family and of Behringer's upper-end line of product.  The value really is untouchable by the competition, and there is no end to what can be done with the product.

That said,

I have an outstanding case with Behringer service that is now 16 months old.  Throughout most of this, service has remained helpful and relatively responsive, and I remained calm, patient, and friendly despite a DOA product, confirmation of warranty status, and a lack of resolution.  However... as of January 2022, I am no longer receiving replies to my emails, and I am feeling downright angry about the situation.

I purchased an X-DANTE card from Amazon in late 2020, and used it for a while before realizing some funny business:  my inputs showed up on the wrong channels.  I also had never tested the output capabilities as I did not own any Dante receivers... when I finally purchased one I found that the card outputs did not work whatsoever.

A quick look at Amazon showed no more product available to purchase, and the supply chain woes had just started.  Thus, Amazon could offer a refund, but not a replacement.  As my Dante card was required for my band at the time, and as the faulty card was able to meet my basic needs in the interim, I elected to contact Music Tribe about a warranty repair/replacement in the hopes of less downtime than waiting on the broken supply chain.

After some troubleshooting it was clear to the service department that my card had a corrupted or unflashed firmware image.  I waited for a lapse in band activity and then sent in my card.  They confirmed that the card was defective and unrepairable, but told me I would need to wait for a refurbished X-Dante card to be available, as new X-Dante cards were on hold due to the supply chain issues.  I conceded, and they very nicely sent my defective card back to me so that I could limp along.  I made sure to get confirmation that my situation was covered by warranty.  (It was.)

For the remainder of 2021, I kept in touch with the service staff via email, while they assured me that I must keep waiting, but that they had not forgotten about me.  When gigs reappeared on the horizon, I purchased a second (new) card out of necessity, and made plans to sell it off when my warranty replacement finally arrived.

I didn't keep up my correspondence through the 2021 holidays.  When I finally emailed for an update in early 2022, I received no response.  It is now MAY 17, and I have not heard back since OCTOBER 20. 

I am building out for a new band, and pressing my finances to the limit to get it done.  I desperately need a working replacement so I can recoup my $500 CAD and pay down the mounting debts.  I feel I have been a model customer throughout this arduous process, and I am feeling ANGRY, and entirely righteous in that anger. 

Is anyone else out there experiencing anything like this?  Am I alone?

My ticket was 'partially closed' long ago, and there seems to be no way to reach Music Tribe without submitting a new ticket (which means re-collecting all that information and admitting the (now long-passed) date of sale.)  

Can anyone advise me before I start up a consumer advocacy campaign and turn into one of those red-faced crazies on the evening news?

read more...
    1 31
    • celoranta
      Dale_M Sorry to hear this has happened, I have checked your case number CAS-63152-S4V6K6 but there is no communication present, do you have any other tickets on this matter we can chase up and investigate for you?
      • May 17
      • No Service Response, losing patience...
        celoranta Thanks for the response Dale. See the top of the original post... I've added the subsequent case#.
        If you need more info, please let me know how best to send you the email thread in full.
        • May 18
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-13

StageConnect Series
    http://ow.ly/WHfw50J79lT

Bus-Powered StageConnect Interfaces with Analogue In/Out, XLR Inputs, Dual ULTRANET In- and Outputs as well as Phantom or External Power Supplies

The Midas and Klark Teknik StageConnect Series I/O Interfaces are designed to serve our Recording and Broadcast, Touring and Live Sound as well as Hospitality Customers.

From: $349.00 (in stock and immediately shipping from our factory)

#Midas #KlarkTeknik #StageConnectSeries #DN4888 #DN4816I #DN4816O #DN4816U #Mixers #IOInterfaces

read more...
    3 142
  • New
    Klark Teknik
    Triber Moderator
    2022-05-13
    DN4816U

Universal and compact interface box for sharing 32 channels of audio between StageConnect devices. No matter if you want to use StageConnect for connecting external effects, wireless or playback Systems, the Klark Teknik and Midas DN48XX Series devices can easily be daisy-chained to meet the requirements of your I/O configuration

List Price: $199.00 (in stock and immediately shipping from our factory)

#KlarkTeknik #Midas #StageConnectSeries #DN4816U #DN4888 #DN4816I #DN4816O #Mixers #IOInterfaces

read more...
    2 114
  • New
    shaunclarke04
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-25

What impedance of headphones would the mixer be able to drive? Im looking into a pair of beyerdynamics DT770 Pros.I'm thinking the 250ohm version bud am unsure if the unit could drive them. Would it be better to stick with the 80ohm version? 

0 7
    • shaunclarke04
      Dale_M The spec for the 1204USB headphones is attached, your mentioned headphones will be greater than the published spec and may sound underpowered.
      • Apr 30
  • New
    Jwaltz17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-19

Wanting to add a subwoofer to the mix. The quick start manual diagram shows a passive sub connected to the Mono Out. Is that a powered out? Do I need a powered sub for this. I have a Mackie Thump that I want to try but I don't want to fry anything. Thanks for your help.

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    garyreece
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-12

My objective is to control a power sequencer (such as a Furman M-8S) to turn on and off power amps, speakers, and various associated equipment from the Wing.

Ideally, turning on the Wing would start the power up sequence, and selecting shutdown from the setup menu would activate the power down sequence. So just turning the Wing on and off would cause all the external equipment to be powered properly without having to deal with other switches or buttons.

I have found very little information in the Wing documentation about how to configure the GFI options so I hope what I want to do is possible and that someone can guide me through how to make it work.

Thanks

read more...
    0 14
    • garyreece
      Paul_Vannatto The Wing is not capable (at this point) to turn on/off sequencers via GPIO on startup/shutdown. But you can assign a latching GPIO to a user assigned button.
      • Apr 11
    • garyreece
      PatrickGMaillot proposed as a feature to add in a future FW release.
      • Apr 12
  • New
    AAlex47
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-05

Hey there,

I worked on a x32 console for 4 years now.

I recently bought a Behringer XLive card, which is able to record audio via SD card, while simultaneously using it as a usb interface. The first test went well. But the next day I wasn't able to record. After approximately one minute of recording I get a notification, that the "session occurred dropouts".

I tried to update the firmware and used different sd cards but nothing seems to work.

Maybe there are some Behringer experts, who can help me :)

Thanks

Cheers Alex.

PS: sorry for my bad "German" English ;)

read more...
    0 5
    • AAlex47
      PedroRodrigues Hi AAlex47, thank you for your post, to be possible to assist your with more tools on this matter please submit an assistance request by selecting the Support tab above via a Pre Sales ticket so this request can reach our Tech Support Team. Thank you
      • Apr 5
  • New
    AAlex47
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-05

Hey there,

I worked on a x32 console for 4 years now.

I recently bought a Klak Teknik DN32 card, which is able to record audio via SD card, while simultaneously using it as a usb interface. The first test went well. But the next day I wasn't able to record. After approximately one minute of recording I get a notification, that the "session occurred dropouts".

I tried to update the firmware and used different sd cards but nothing seems to work.

Maybe there are some expension card experts, who can help me :)

Thanks

Cheers Alex.

PS: sorry for my bad "German" English ;)

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    PC69281111
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-30

Hi Team,

Am I able to use any combination of the local console  and stage box in / outs so long as I stay in banks of 8? All connected over AES network

example: For input first 24 ins from DL32 sent to m32 FOH.. additional 8 and Aux in user local on M32

All combination of 32 ins from DL 32 and local M33 inputs sent over AES network to

M32 R

For output 

M32 FOH out 1 to 8 sends use DL32 stage box 

8 to 16 use local on M32 

M32R use local outs 1-8 

Application 10 pc band... multiple stereo mixes required for IEM systems.

Mutilpe Wireless mic channels also used for input.

both mixers will be side stage with short cable runs as these are all wedding and corporate functions, where a true FOH position is not provided.

All tech gear is side stage.. 

I hope the question is clear 

PC 

read more...
    0 22
    • PC69281111
      GaryHiggins You can use any combination these days with the “user in” and “user out”menus. In any order and from any source group. Does not require groups of 8. It just takes a bit longer to do it. The more you use those 2 user categories the quicker you get at routing them.
      • Mar 29
Go to page