Statistics

269,543 members
149,256 posts
  • New
    Speckhead
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-21

I'm pretty sure this will meet my recording needs, but I don't see what the difference between the two items are, other than about $50 in price.

Do I need to always use my ipad when I record into my daw? Or is it one time set up, power it up and go?

Thanks

read more...
    0 8
    • Speckhead
      CraigFowler Form factor, slight difference in the IO (TRS vs XLR, RCA vs TS.) Same processing under the hood though.

You don't always need a control surface (be it ipad\tablet\computer) connected once it's all set up. You can probably run the control app from the computer running your DAW, you only need an ipad\tablet if you want to do it wirelessly. It's probably worth having a control surface around; even once you set up all the routing etc you'd need it if you want to change preamp gains.

Edit: Also, the unit's internal wifi isn't very good. It might be fine for a home studio if you're there by yourself and there isn't a lot of interference, but if you're planning on using it live in a place with a couple of hundred people and their smart-phones all generating interference, it's worth getting a separate dual-band wifi router.
      • Jan 21
  • New
    sirscullz70
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-01

How do I connect the Bringer FBQ1502HD 15-band eq to VMX1000 USB mixer?

0 2
    • sirscullz70
      Paul_Vannatto Use a couple of XLR cables to connect the mixer's Main L & R outputs to the FBQ1502HD inputs (1 & 2 respectively).
      • Jan 1
  • New
    kenaxe
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-30

I have an X2442 and am recording church services for online. is there a way I can send the subs to the USB instead of the FOH mix?

0 17
    • kenaxe
      Nigel67 Hi kenaxe. Unfortunately the only audio that can be sent to the USB is the Main Mix outputs. Are you using all 8 subgroups? Can you not use a pair of subgroups as your main mix (say sub group 1+2), send what was your sub group 1+2 to the main mix and then if you want the other pair of sub mixes (3 +4) to go to the USB as well, then you press the Left and Right to Mix buttons on them. If you were using the XLR outputs for the main mix, then you will have to swap them over to 1/4" jacks. The only problem you will have, is if you want to play back from the USB to the FOH Mix, then you can't as the outputs to FOH will no longer be plugged in to the main mix outputs.
      • November 30, 2021
    • kenaxe
      kenaxe

• December 1, 2021
  • New
    therealfrankgreen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-13

Overview:

I've been recording a podcast using ZOOM and a Shure MV7 for quite some time now. I have a partner who uses the same set up remotely.

I recently wanted more control, EQ wise, of my mic. So, I bought the Q1002USB to use as as interface. And stopped using the USB mic connection and went traditional XLR. 

I've found I have to make a choice when recording. When recording the session, I cannot monitor my voice and the aux input I use for clips AND have it be recorded and heard by partner. For the session to be recorded and my voice heard, it seems I must use the computers sound card.

Now conversely, I CAN monitor myself and hear my phone input if I use the USB CODEC as the output device. But My partner cannot hear me.

I feel like there's a solution that I am overlooking. But it would greatly improve my experience. As well as make my job much simpler. If anyone has a solid solution, I'd really appreciate it.

Frank G

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    Stevie027
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-13

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there are any known compatibility issues with the X-UF card and the latest V4.xx Firmware, or the X-UF card and OSX Catalina?

I am trying to troubleshoot an intermittent issue in a Church between an X32 with an X-UF card (using USB 2.0, NOT the Firewire 400 port) and a Late 2013 iMac (OSX Catalina 10.15, Quad Core i7 @3.1GHz, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA 750M 1GB GDDR5 & 1TB Fusion Drive) running Ableton Live 11.

The Church is using Ableton to take the audio from the sound desk via the X-UF card & USB 2.0, creating a stereo mix for live streaming then sending that mix back to the console to be routed out to a Blackmagic ATEM Switcher before that then goes into a Blackmagic Web Presenter and another iMac using OBS to stream to YouTube.

This is however not the original setup, as the original setup pre-covid was to just have a mix on the desk post fader that was directly output to the Blackmagic ATEM switcher, but apparently this proved too difficult to get a fine balance between FOH mix and a mix for YouTube when it was possible to have people back physically, so they opted for a more complicated setup with Ableton.

The issues present in the current setup are lots of repeated dropouts in/out of Ableton for the Broadcast Stream, which then comes back as a pop within a few seconds, and can reoccur a few seconds later or a minute later, this issue was not present with the previous setup, and does not affect the Front of House Mix at all.

Sometimes rebooting the entire system (amps, S16 stage boxes, X32 console and iMac) will fix the issue, but the next week the issue can be back again, and sometimes the issue isn't there at all and can go away for a couple of weeks.

The firmware of the X32 is currently at 4.04.1, however it has probably not been updated for a number of years so could have been upgraded to v4 from as old as v2.10 which is the newest firmware I found on my own PC from the time I assisted with setup, likewise the X-UF card has the latest firmware (v8412) which I installed myself many years ago when I was updating everything.

I noticed in the Firmware Change logs for the COnsole Firmware that for v4.01 there was a fix for pops/cracks from the Card System, although no specific card was mentioned.

The fact that the desk still recognises the X-UF card I am assuming that it is still "supported", but I see that it is considered legacy and no longer sold, in favour of the X-USB card instead. As such I wonder if there could be a small compatiblity issue between either the X32 v4.xx Firmware and the X-UF card, and/or the X-UF card and OSX Catalina.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

read more...
    0 12
    • Stevie027
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Stevie027, unfortunately the X-UF card has not been supported since it was discontinued in 2013. If you are getting dropouts, I would highly suspect the card itself, and would suggest that you replace it with either the X-USB card or the newer X-Live card (that also has 2 SD slots). Both of these are currently supported.
      • November 13, 2021
      • X32 X-UF compatibility with FW v4.xx/OSX Catalina
        Stevie027 Before spending more money, is there any way of verifying the card is at fault?

Also is there a significant difference between the X-USB and the X-Live card BESIDES the SD recording? The only differences I can see are the X-Live has:
        Remote control via PC, Android* or iPad* apps, assignable controls or compatible hardware control surfaces, such as the Behringer X-TOUCH
        and
        HUI/Mackie Control* emulation for controlling of any compatible DAW software from the console surface

While the X-USB only seems to have the latter. What benefits does the Remote control over USB have over using Ethernet and say X-32 Edit?

Would it be sensible to try and control the desk from the same iMac running Ableton rather than having to physically have one person going between the two when short of volunteers to man both simultaneously?
        • November 13, 2021
    • Stevie027
      Paul_Vannatto The only way I know of verifying the card is to replace it with a known good card to see if it solves the drop outs. Please understand that the X-UF card is probably 9+ years old (it was the original card when the X32 was first released in 2012).

The X-USB card only has a USB port that (with a USB cable) would connect to a computer (DAW, livestream, etc.) and is the default card that comes with the X32 console. The X-Live adds 2 SD card slots that can be controlled via the console as well as external apps (eg. X32-Edit, Mixing Station, etc.). It is a full 32x32 recording to either SD card as well as the USB port (to a computer). It works great for virtual soundchecks as well as post production mixdowns to stereo (2 track) through the console.

I just checked Sweetwater for availability and pricing for both cards and apparently the X-USB card is no longer available there (it is available on Amazon).

HUI/Mackie Control is part of the Midi protocol.
      • November 13, 2021
    • Stevie027
      DavidThomson1 I had issues with the card in the beginning, a simple swap of the cable solved all my issues.
      • November 18, 2021
  • New
    Erinpaulsen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-01

I've got my Beringer Sound mixer, that I use for music and microphone in my yoga room, hooked up to a ZoomH4 as an audio interface for my Zoom Virtual meeting. There is an echo and I've tried everything. Turned every knob to the left all the way, switched out cords, shut off, unplugged. Used different outputs, etc. we plugged another microphone for a special workshop and after- there is an echo. Everything is set the same as it was before the workshop but still an echo. Only in the Zoom meeting- not he yoga room, sound is fine. Can't figure it out!!!! Need an expert

read more...
    0 20
    • Erinpaulsen
      Nigel67 Hi ErinPaulsen. Can I just confirm that you are using the ZoomH4 as the microphone input only, and then you have the USB output of the mixer connected to a computer for your zoom meeting? What are you using the Aux Send for? If you plug a pair of headphones into the mixer and listen to just the Main mix, do you hear the echo. Does the person on the other end of the zoom call hear the echo, or is it just yourself? Do you have either of the red buttons labelled 2-TR/USB pressed in? Are you listening to the zoom meeting on headphones or a speaker?
      • October 31, 2021
  • New
    CVC15
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-27

has anyone had any luck playing audio from their computer through the FLOW 8 in a zoom call?

I can get computer audio through the FLOW 8 into my headphones and main outs, but the person on the other end of the zoom call only hears my voice (which is through the FLOW 8, input 1).

I tried using patch cables and sending the monitor out signals to inputs 3 & 4, but no luck.

I haven't tried WEBEX or TEAMS yet, so I'm not sure if this is a ZOOM thing or a FLOW 8 thing or a COMPUTER AUDIO settings thing.

any help or positive vibes would be most apprecitated.

Peace!

read more...
    0 14
    • CVC15
      PedroRodrigues Hi CVC15, It was not clear if you wish to use your Flow 8 to record any of the signal from Zoom or just monitor and control so I will leave you below all the set up options:
      Connecting with your computer
      •Mac/macOS: Connect FLOW 8 to a Mac, and it will automatically connect as an audio interface.
      •PC/Windows: First download and install the FLOW 8 USB driver software. Then connect FLOW 8 to your PC.
      To download the drivers please follow the link below:
      https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0DNM

Please follow the link below to access a video guide below:
      https://youtu.be/6PIppXEJSyQ

Recording mode

• USB Inputs
      • Mic 1
      • Mic 2
      • Mic/Line 3
      • Mic/Line 4
      • Line 5
      • Line 6 (hi-Z)
      • Line 7
      • Line 8 (hi-Z)
      • USB Outputs
      • USB (BT/USB)
      • USB 1/2 (5/6)
      • USB 3/4 (7/8)

Record each input channel to your computer

1. Press the MENU button.
      2. Rotate and press the SELECT/ADJUST encoder to select USB-MODE.
      3. Rotate and press the SELECT/ADJUST encoder to select the RECORDING mode.

Streaming mode
      • USB Inputs
      • FLOW 8’s Stereo Mix
      • USB Outputs
      • USB (BT/USB)
      • USB 1/2 (5/6)
      • USB 3/4 (7/8)

Record the main mix to your computer
      FLOW 8’s Streaming mode is optimized for sending the mixer’s MAIN stereo mix to your viewers. That means you’ll select FLOW 8’s MAIN mix for the streaming software’s input.
      2. Rotate and press the SELECT/ADJUST encoder to select USB-MODE.
      3. Rotate and press the SELECT/ADJUST encoder to select the STREAMING mode.

Monitor USB playback
      The BT/USB knob is the default control for both USB and Bluetooth playback levels, regardless of Recording or Streaming modes. You can also control the computer’s two stereo audio streams to FLOW 8’s channels 5/6 and 7/8. That’s useful if you want to control the Bluetooth audio with the BT/USB encoder and the computer audio with faders 5/6 or 7/8.
      2. Rotate and press the SELECT/ADJUST encoder to select INPUT.
      3. Rotate and press the SELECT/ADJUST encoder to select either channels 5/6 or 7/8.
      • For 5/6, select either LINE IN or USB 1/2.
      • For 7/8, select either LINE IN or USB 3/4.

IMPORTANT
      The FLOW 8 app is loaded with features and remote-control capabilities for your FLOW 8 mixer. Download it for your Android or iOS device to access the useful features and advanced settings.

FLOW 8 remote control app
      • Download the FLOW app for Android
      • Download the FLOW app for iOS and iPadOS
      1. Enable Bluetooth on your audio streaming device.
      2. Press the MENU button.
      3. Rotate and press the SELECT/ADJUST encoder to select PAIRING.
      4. For the FLOW app, select PAIR APP.

When it comes to the Zoom configuration process I would recommend creating a Zoom account and downloading/installing the Zoom Client for Meetings desktop application from the Zoom website, as the web client has limited features.
      To setting the audio interface as the audio device
      With your audio interface connected please open Zoom and navigate to your Account > Settings.

Set your microphone input to the audio interface you would like to use.

When you speak into the microphone connected to the audio interface you will be able to see feedback on the input level meter which indicates an audio signal is being received. Please ensure 48V phantom power is enabled on your interface if you are using a condenser microphone.

To confirm the quality of your incoming audio signal, you can create a test recording and listen back.

It is important to notice that as Zoom does not support multi-channel ASIO driver types, it will only be able to receive audio from the first two inputs of an audio device, so you will need to ensure that you connect your microphone/instrument to Input 1 or 2.
      By default, Zoom will sum these inputs to mono, which means that your caller can hear both inputs in both sides of their headphones/speakers. If you are recording a stereo source and wish for the caller to hear Input 1 in the left side and Input 2 in the right side of their headphones/speakers, you can select Enable Stereo sound.

I hope this helps.
      Thank you
      • October 29, 2021
  • New
    KK01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-21

Hi all,

As I so far cannot seem to find the answer to my question on using search engines or Youtube for it, does anyone know the (major) differences between the

• Xenyx QX1204USB
    • Xenyx X1204USB

If I'm not mistaken the "QX" has the Klark Teknik effects, a wider display and the wireless USB port for a compatible mic.

Anything else? I guess what causes most of my confusion is that the "QX" retails at a slightly lower price than the "X" model.

I have the QX1202USB now, used to facilitate Zoom sessions for church. Looking to upgrade to a model that has mute buttons and also more channels while I am at it. :) Suggestions for other models are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance for your input on this.

Have a great day.

read more...
    0 784
  • New
    bushy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-21

I am using the audio interface of a Xenyx Q502 USB to connect a PA system to a Windows 10 computer for hybrid Zoom meetings.

The 2-track output of the Q502 is connected to an auxiliary input on the PA and a line output on the PA to the 2-track input. There are no other inputs/outputs to the Q502 apart from the USB.

The system has worked for a number of meetings without any problems.

Yesterday evening we suffered echo/feedback when using the mics on the PA. The echo continued after switching off the mic and turning the auxilliary input gain or PA speaker volume down to zero. The only way to stop it once it had started was to turn the Main Mix fader on the Q502 down to minimum.

Any suggestions as to the cause/prevention would be appreciated.

read more...
    0 9
    • bushy
      bushy Resolved: Having Windows Sound Settings open creates the echo. After closing the Sound Settings window an associated host process continues to run. To stop it I have to open Task Manager and end the host process that shows in the running Apps list.
      Hopefully, Monday's meeting will run smoothly and I can concentrate on hosting the Zoom session rather than managing the audio settings to minimise the echo.
      • September 26, 2021
  • New
    GioBlackmon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

Is there a quick fix to correct my AES50 inputs if they are red? I have two SD16s and can't connect with either one on A or B. When I connect to A the error says 'X32' and stays red. When I connect to B, A says 'X32' and B says 'SD16' and stays red.

read more...
    0 54
    • GioBlackmon
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure that the AES50 cable is connected to the S16 port A and the S16 is in mode 1 (no lights on SN Master, Out+8, etc.) and the X32 is set to master clock (sync is internal).
      • July 19, 2021
    • GioBlackmon
      GioBlackmon

I've had these SD16s for about two years and they have worked flawlessly for me. Now when I plug into AES50, it flashes for n/n quickly and the light is green. When I go to AES50 B, both AES50 A and B are red and the SD16 flashes red on the B side.

• July 19, 2021
    • GioBlackmon
      Paul_Vannatto The AES50 cable has to go into the S16 A port only. It will not sync in the B port.
      • July 19, 2021
Go to page