Statistics

223,855 members
98,096 posts
  • New
    Steelewolf
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-13

Hi,

I just got a new USB drive for use with my X32 Rack, but it only supports NTFS and exFAT file systems. I saw on the Behringer Wiki, linked here that the 2-track recording works with FAT12, FAT16, and FAT32 formatted drives. My question here then is, can I use an exFAT formatted drive with my X32 console?

Thanks

read more...
    0 2
    • Steelewolf
      Paul_Vannatto No, the X32 only support the FAT32 (as well as the older FAT16 and FAT12). The recorder/playback is meant to be used with a USB stick, not a drive
      • 1 hour ago
  • New
    wrh22967
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-02

hi I have a xr16 and I'm trying to route several channels to 1 of the Aux outputs, can I do that?  I can select one channel at a time but I haven't been able to select more than one at a time...  FYI I'm using an iPad 

0 13
    • wrh22967
      Paul_Vannatto You need to send channels to a mixbus, then assign the mixbus to an Aux Out. Using X-Air Edit, select a mixbus (eg bus 1) on the right side, then raise the desired faders that you want to send to that bus. Then in the In/Out, Aux Out screen, assign that bus to the desired Aux Out.
      • Apr 2
  • New
    hungsterx1980
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-31

Hi!

I installed asio4all drivers to my PC, Win10 64bit. I connected a mic to my Q502USB and then a USB cable, which was included in my product, to my PC.

But I can not hear anyting from my MIC and the device seems not be found at all. In my device list there is a USB unkown to me which is conflicting, this is hopefully the Q502USB device.

Why is it conflicting? Also asio4all drivers are very cofusing, is it drivers or just documentations? I do not see any drivers when I downloaded it, I got it installed but I have only manual to use.

Can someone help me here? 

read more...
    0 17
    • hungsterx1980
      RexBeckett Hi there, ASIOALL is an optional add-on driver that allows ASIO-enabled software (e.g. DAWs) to access USB audio interfaces with lower latency. The Q502USB should be recognized and installed by Windows 10 using its standard USB Audio Codec driver. This needs to be done before ASIO4ALL can use the interface.

See if these notes help: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/297127/windows-10-and-stereo-usb-mixers-interfaces
      • Mar 31
      • Cant record with q502USB since I can not find the device in my pc
        hungsterx1980 OK then I have the problem that it didn't recognized by my PC. Where can I get help with that? If I connect with only the USB, ie no line in at all, I wonder if I should see the same devices as you shown in the link.
        • Mar 31
    • hungsterx1980
      Dale_M Hi there, please submit a Technical support ticket via the Support tab above.
      • Mar 31
  • New
    Cvouri123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-17

I am trying to record through the PPA200 then into a Focusrite 2i2 and then into GarageBand as a single track. I have connected RCA jacks from the PPA200 to a quarter inch cable into the 2i2. The cable is TRS. GarageBand not picking up a signal.  I tried the mono output from the PPA20P and didn't work. The 2i2 records without routing through the PPA200 without issue. Is the PPA200 compatible? Thanks. 

read more...
    1 13
    • Cvouri123
      RexBeckett Hi Cvouri123, you need to use a pair of RCA/TS cables to connect the PPA200 2-TR outputs to both inputs on the Focusrite 2i2. If you only want a single mono track, you can either record just one side or downmix the stereo pair in your DAW.
      • Mar 17
  • New
    korgfx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-17

Hi,

i use a UFX1204 about 3 years now or even more,but after some windows updates i had seveal audio problems,like pops ,cracks,or sound stop for a while randomly or even BSOD.

After i tried every possible solution,i decided to reformat my PC.

Didn't solve the problem,so i went back to windows 764bit Sp1.Everything worked great,but as you all know win7 is no longer supported,so i had to upgrade to windows10 again.

Windows10 is not stable for me,at least not all versions.

Now,i use 20H2 (build 19042.868).Most BSOD problems still exist from time to time,but the real annoying are pops and clips,cracks and short periods of no sound at all,or doesn't recognise the driver sometimes.

Does anybody facing the same problems,and is there any alternative driver i could use?

Since i got sure it's not a hardware issue (mixer's or pc's) ,the only problem is driver along with windows10.

Can't find an answer or a solution so far,and i really don't know what to do.

What do you think?

greetings

read more...
    0 15
    • korgfx
      DavidKnighton Hello korgfx,
      are you using the recommend USB driver or Firewire driver? Have you tried setting up the mixer on another Windows 10 PC to ensure it's not an issue with your computer? Maybe you have a friend or family member with a computer you can borrow for the sake of troubleshooting. That would be my first recommendation, rule out the computer as having an issue.
      • Mar 18
      • UFX1204 Driver problem
        korgfx Well,i didn't tried it on another win10 machine, but i tried several times a fresh copy of win10,using all same drivers,usb and firewire ,same drivers with all my rest setup , with no luck.The same drivers worked great with earlier windows 10versions, some versions had problems,bigest problem so far was BSOD but not audio issues,audio issues started a few months ago.What i also tried,was install a fresh clean win7,and it worked great again,so that means my machine is ok.Even when microsoft upgrade tool checked my hardware,it passed the test,and upgrade again to win10 with no problem,but all problems started as windows frequently keeps updating . All previous time,only problem i had with windows10 was firefox causing bsod,or wifi i suspect...again they worked great again while i tried win7. My machine is quite old,pentium4 , q6600 ,2.4Ghz ,6gb ram ,ssd disk,and as i said worked great with win7 which i installed just to find out what the problem was,worked great with windows8 , 8.1, windows9926 till windows10 build1758.Don't know what changed,i did clean isntall one by one latest windows builds,most of them had problems,some not since first times,but later,after microsoft updates.....
        • Mar 18
  • New
    x-dfo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-17

Hi,

I'm not a mixer pro by any means - I was curious how I would setup the routing in the xair app so that the headphones output is listening to the analog inputs in a way that doesn't introduce latency (or minimizes it) I believe the ASIO driver induces in windows?

Cheers,

read more...
    0 16
    • x-dfo
      ThomasWilliams At the risk of sounding silly, why not just plug the headphones into the XR1n's headset output? With the exception of drums (which are a MIDI instrument on my DAW) I always monitor my input tracks directly, and correct for latency as needed after I finish the recording.
      • Mar 16
    • x-dfo
      DaveMorrison Assuming you're using an XR18, just use an Aux Out (or a pair for stereo). This way you'll get nearly zero latency. Build the monitor mix you want to hear using the Send on Fader button (see screenshot: Bus 1 for example).
      If you have more questions, just ask.
      • Mar 16
  • New
    JackDemeis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-11

I'm wanting to run a long USB extenion cable from the X32 Rack X-USB for recording to my Mid 2015 MacBook Pro.  It's a 50' USB extension cable powered.  I would like to know if there would be a problem with recording with cable?  Thanks.

0 14
    • JackDemeis
      RexBeckett Hello Jack, long active USB cables have been tried for this but are usually not successful. It would be better to place the PC close to the mixer and control it remotely.

Another alternative is to use a Dante option card in the X32 and then you could record over a network connection.
      • Mar 11
    • JackDemeis
      Paul_Vannatto Another option is the Klark Teknik DN9630
      • Mar 11
  • New
    JackDemeis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-09

Hey All, my question is regarding playing (8) backing tracks thru USB from a Macbook Pro running Ableton Live 10 to the X32 Rack AND simulaniously recording back from the X32 into Ableton 24 tracks.  My questions is there enough bandwidth to do this bi-directional operation?

Macbook Pro Mid 2015.

read more...
    0 32
    • JackDemeis
      PedroRodrigues Hi JackDemeis
      Please consider that if you update the X-USB card to the latest firmware version, present on the product page, you will be able to implement 32 channels, bi-directional audio I/O via USB 2.0 serial bus for Mac computers or Windows based applications, and also perform remote operating your DAW via HUI/Mackie Control emulation.
      The high speed 24-bit signal transmission and ultra-low latency ASIO drivers and Core Audio compatibility also allows inserting audio plugins on your PC to perform advanced outboard processing.
      • Mar 9
  • New
    UnityofNoise
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-21

i need to know if the XR18 is reported workign for anyone on the new Apple M1 silicon chip?  its not working for me nor can find any sort of driver update or anything.  i'll have to return this computer tomrrow if not, i have jobs waiting on it atm.

read more...
    0 32
  • New
    TheCashman44
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-12

We purchased this great mixer recentlly.  for some strange reason we cant get levels with the usb inputs

to get louder without feedbacking to the external monitors.  We use it for board room meetings and we

have to play back the inputs for the audience to hear.  The USB inputs just won't put out enough volume

when we are recording.  Any ideas?

read more...
    0 19
    • TheCashman44
      RexBeckett Hi there, normally if you select USB playback to the Main mix, USB recording is muted to prevent feedback. If you can explain how you have everything connected and what you want to achieve, we may be able to help.

The USB recording output is taken from the Main mix. If you want an increased recording level, you will need to raise the Mainmix level. If this causes feedback, lower the gain settings on the monitor speakers/amps. It will also help if you position the monitor speakers to reduce pickup by the microphones.
      • Feb 12
    • TheCashman44
      DavidKnighton Hello TheCashman44,
      As Rex has mentioned, recorded files are going to have a predetermined level associated. Example if you record low level, the file will play back low level. The best thing to do is to get the recording as high level as you can before clipping so that play back is nominal level. One other thing you can do in this case is to take audio straight from the computer audio port and plug it into a spare set of channels. You can then use the channel gain to boost the play back level without causing feedback from the other sources.
      • Feb 15
Go to page