Statistics

250,389 members
127,534 posts
  • New
    KK01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-21

Hi all,

As I so far cannot seem to find the answer to my question on using search engines or Youtube for it, does anyone know the (major) differences between the

• Xenyx QX1204USB
    • Xenyx X1204USB

If I'm not mistaken the "QX" has the Klark Teknik effects, a wider display and the wireless USB port for a compatible mic.

Anything else? I guess what causes most of my confusion is that the "QX" retails at a slightly lower price than the "X" model.

I have the QX1202USB now, used to facilitate Zoom sessions for church. Looking to upgrade to a model that has mute buttons and also more channels while I am at it. :) Suggestions for other models are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance for your input on this.

Have a great day.

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    bushy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-21

I am using the audio interface of a Xenyx Q502 USB to connect a PA system to a Windows 10 computer for hybrid Zoom meetings.

The 2-track output of the Q502 is connected to an auxiliary input on the PA and a line output on the PA to the 2-track input. There are no other inputs/outputs to the Q502 apart from the USB.

The system has worked for a number of meetings without any problems.

Yesterday evening we suffered echo/feedback when using the mics on the PA. The echo continued after switching off the mic and turning the auxilliary input gain or PA speaker volume down to zero. The only way to stop it once it had started was to turn the Main Mix fader on the Q502 down to minimum.

Any suggestions as to the cause/prevention would be appreciated.

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    GioBlackmon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-19

Is there a quick fix to correct my AES50 inputs if they are red? I have two SD16s and can't connect with either one on A or B. When I connect to A the error says 'X32' and stays red. When I connect to B, A says 'X32' and B says 'SD16' and stays red.

read more...
    0 35
    • GioBlackmon
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure that the AES50 cable is connected to the S16 port A and the S16 is in mode 1 (no lights on SN Master, Out+8, etc.) and the X32 is set to master clock (sync is internal).
      • Jul 19
    • GioBlackmon
      GioBlackmon

I've had these SD16s for about two years and they have worked flawlessly for me. Now when I plug into AES50, it flashes for n/n quickly and the light is green. When I go to AES50 B, both AES50 A and B are red and the SD16 flashes red on the B side.

• Jul 19
    • GioBlackmon
      Paul_Vannatto The AES50 cable has to go into the S16 A port only. It will not sync in the B port.
      • Jul 19
  • New
    mxrusb3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-11

Hi, 

For the Zoom set up, I connect a micrpohone to this mixer and the mixer output (USB) to the main pc input USB.  And it works fine.  Now I want to connect another laptop as a background music source (from YouTube) while I am speaking on the mic.  Since pc output is not a a line level(already amplified for headphone), the mixer cannot take this music source.  It is too big voltage( I assume) and the sound is distorted too much.  What should I do to make this pc audio output level into the line level input? or Any suggestion to use pc source into the mixer such that I can use mic voice with music from the pc. 

Thanks

read more...
    0 42
    • mxrusb3
      Paul_Vannatto Connect the second laptop to one of the stereo channels (3/4 or 5/6) and turn the laptop volume down to about half-way and you should be good.
      • Jul 11
      • Behringer Q802 USB trouble connecting pc sound to this mier
        mxrusb3 Okay thank you. I will try that way. I thought I was lowing volume, but maybe not enough of it.
        • Jul 11
  • New
    luc12
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-28

WING-ADAT?

0 40
  • New
    bearsden
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-20

i have no clue what tracktion is asking ,me to do here

0 53
    • bearsden
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi bearsden, have you yet registered your product? Upon registering you will be provided with a redemption code to redeem the Tracktion software from their site.
      If you have not yet done this please go to the link below and fill out the registration request:

https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=product%20registration

If you have already completed the registration could you please let me know your case number and I will look into this for you, please also keep an eye out on your spam/junk folder as sometimes replies can route to these locations.
      • Jun 19
  • New
    DavisClapp
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-06-10

OH well here is the issue, blinking AES 50 light on a SD16 that is inbetween 2 sd 8's that are working fine. I have tried a firmware update, cables and nodda, can I replace the AES 50 port or is that a service repair?

0 41
    • DavisClapp
      Paul_Vannatto Hey Davis, unfortunately I believe the AES50 port replacement is a service repair. Just to verify that the downstream of the AES50 (from the console side of the interconnectivity) is connected to the SD16 A port, correct? The reason I ask is that the syncing can only happen from the A port.
      • Jun 9
    • DavisClapp
      DavisClapp

yes port A from x32 Rack to SD8 A and SD 8 B to SD 16 A and SD 16 B to second SD8 A and the SD 16 has intermittent blinking both units on either side are fine.

• Jun 10
    • DavisClapp
      Paul_Vannatto Thanks Davis for the confirmation. Do you have a case number that one of the techs can look up?
      • Jun 10
    • DavisClapp
      DavisClapp

no they wont answer anymore

• Jun 10
    • DavisClapp
      DavisClapp

that system is noit working and they are not communicating well

• Jun 10
      • Man the CS is bad from this company. 6 emails and months and not even a peep. OH well here is my issue
        DavidKnighton Hello DavisClapp,
        This statement is untrue. We get dozens of cases around the clock and we usually respond within 24 hours. Generally if you don't get a response from us then your email inbox is probably spamming our messages. It's happens quite a bit actually. How about we get your case number and have a look?
        • Jun 10
  • New
    celoranta
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-05-11

Hi All,

I sent my X-DANTE in for warranty work under an RMA

( RMA: 379496  - CAS-432859-R4H2L9 - CRM:0133700003592 if any reps are listening.)

I have recieved no status updates regarding tracking, receipt, bench status, or return.  I believe it has been a month or so.

Should I expect any sort of communication?  Is there a way to seek an update?

My band begins rehearsal next week and I am missing my synth interface...

Chris

read more...
    0 53
    • celoranta
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. I am looking into this for you right now. I will have an update for you ASAP
      • May 11
      • RMA Updates?
        WilliamR Someone will be reaching out to you shortly to give you a status update. Thank you for your patience.
        • May 11
      • RMA Updates?
        celoranta Thanks William. Yes, someone reached out. Thanks for getting things moving!
        • ·
        • May 11
  • New
    mvsounds
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-03

I just purchased this mixer for Zoom online lessons. What I discovered after the set up, is when I connect the microphone and the headphones, when i connect on Zoom, either I can listen to my student or myself, but not both of us together. There has to be a  way where I can hear both of us in headphones, it should be so simple but I could not find it. Anyone who knows a way around it? The audio inputs and outputs in Zoom are USB AUDIO CODEC.

read more...
    0 134
    • mvsounds
      RexBeckett Hi mvsounds, there is a way around this. Connect both 2-Track Out to 2-Track In with a pair of short RCA/RCA cables. Press the USB/2TR To Phones/CTRL Rm button. Now you should hear both Zoom sound and your local mix through the Phones output. You may need to use the PC's output level control to adjust the mix.
      • May 4
  • New
    Wing2021
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-23

Can I connect 3 DL 16's or 1 DL 32 plus 1 DL16, to operate Wing as a full 48-channel console?

0 61
    • Wing2021
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can. If you choose the DL16 + DL32, the DL32 needs to be the last in the chain. This is because the DL16 is designed for cascading (adding more stageboxes), whereas the DL32 is not.
      • Apr 23
    • Wing2021
      ValeriuM_Trufin Paul, I think you are mistaken.
      We have a DL32 + an S16. The DL32 is first, and the S16 is second in the chain. I suspect that DL16 is identical to the S16 in options, so you can set the DL16 to be at +16, just as you would set the third one in a 3xDL16 configuration.
      • Apr 23
    • Wing2021
      KlausMock On each AES50 connector you can transmit 48 channels in each direction. So with one line from the WING to the stageboxes you can use 48 mono signals at once. And I am with ValeriuM_Trufin, connect the DL32 to the WING and the DL16 to the DL32. I am, at least doing that all the time.
      • Apr 23
    • Wing2021
      GaryHiggins These (and all) stage boxes each have their own specific and FIXED aes50 output assignments for each type of output port they possess. So the real key is what you assign in the ase50 output menus. The xlr outputs will simply follow their fixed assignments. XLR outs are fixed to specific aes50 ch’s but the aes50 ch’s themselves are not married to anything, you can freely change them. The Wing can do that 1 by 1 which is very powerful but a bit more tedious.

XLR’s on the DL/S32 are fixed at aes50a out 1-8 and aes50a out 9-16,

DL/S16 XLR’s are fixed at aes50a out 1-24 in groups of 8 with the config knob dictating which group is currently assigned.

Default is aes50a out 1-8
      +8 is aes50a out 9-16
      +16 is aes50a out 17-24

Input wise the DL32 will shift the S16 inputs up by 32. Aes50 1-32 will be the DL32 inputs and aes50 33-48 will be the S16 inputs
      • Apr 24
    • Wing2021
      Paul_Vannatto Oops, you are correct, my goof.
      • Apr 24
Go to page