Statistics

227,993 members
102,796 posts
  • New
    JackDemeis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-11

I'm wanting to run a long USB extenion cable from the X32 Rack X-USB for recording to my Mid 2015 MacBook Pro.  It's a 50' USB extension cable powered.  I would like to know if there would be a problem with recording with cable?  Thanks.

0 25
    • JackDemeis
      RexBeckett Hello Jack, long active USB cables have been tried for this but are usually not successful. It would be better to place the PC close to the mixer and control it remotely.

Another alternative is to use a Dante option card in the X32 and then you could record over a network connection.
      • Mar 11
    • JackDemeis
      Paul_Vannatto Another option is the Klark Teknik DN9630
      • Mar 11
  • New
    JackDemeis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-09

Hey All, my question is regarding playing (8) backing tracks thru USB from a Macbook Pro running Ableton Live 10 to the X32 Rack AND simulaniously recording back from the X32 into Ableton 24 tracks.  My questions is there enough bandwidth to do this bi-directional operation?

Macbook Pro Mid 2015.

read more...
    0 37
    • JackDemeis
      PedroRodrigues Hi JackDemeis
      Please consider that if you update the X-USB card to the latest firmware version, present on the product page, you will be able to implement 32 channels, bi-directional audio I/O via USB 2.0 serial bus for Mac computers or Windows based applications, and also perform remote operating your DAW via HUI/Mackie Control emulation.
      The high speed 24-bit signal transmission and ultra-low latency ASIO drivers and Core Audio compatibility also allows inserting audio plugins on your PC to perform advanced outboard processing.
      • Mar 9
  • New
    UnityofNoise
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-21

i need to know if the XR18 is reported workign for anyone on the new Apple M1 silicon chip?  its not working for me nor can find any sort of driver update or anything.  i'll have to return this computer tomrrow if not, i have jobs waiting on it atm.

read more...
    0 43
  • New
    TheCashman44
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-12

We purchased this great mixer recentlly.  for some strange reason we cant get levels with the usb inputs

to get louder without feedbacking to the external monitors.  We use it for board room meetings and we

have to play back the inputs for the audience to hear.  The USB inputs just won't put out enough volume

when we are recording.  Any ideas?

read more...
    0 25
    • TheCashman44
      RexBeckett Hi there, normally if you select USB playback to the Main mix, USB recording is muted to prevent feedback. If you can explain how you have everything connected and what you want to achieve, we may be able to help.

The USB recording output is taken from the Main mix. If you want an increased recording level, you will need to raise the Mainmix level. If this causes feedback, lower the gain settings on the monitor speakers/amps. It will also help if you position the monitor speakers to reduce pickup by the microphones.
      • Feb 12
    • TheCashman44
      DavidKnighton Hello TheCashman44,
      As Rex has mentioned, recorded files are going to have a predetermined level associated. Example if you record low level, the file will play back low level. The best thing to do is to get the recording as high level as you can before clipping so that play back is nominal level. One other thing you can do in this case is to take audio straight from the computer audio port and plug it into a spare set of channels. You can then use the channel gain to boost the play back level without causing feedback from the other sources.
      • Feb 15
  • New
    djsuperdock
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-10

Here is my current setup with these components: 

2 Behringer s16s daisy chained together, then connected to FOH x32 via the first s16's AES50-A port (2nd s16 is set to "out +8" mode).

Playback laptop on stage using Klark Teknik DN9630 connected via ethernet to the open AES50-B port on the 2nd s16 unit.

Routing at the x32 console has all inputs set to AES50-A. The first 24 inputs are set to AES50-A 1-24.

Then, interestingly, to find the inputs coming from the Klark Teknik interface, the last 8 inputs are set to AES50-A 32-40. So AES50-A 25-32 are skipped over which is fine with our setup - all of our physical instruments can be connected to those first 24 inputs. 

My question is this - I want to get more than 8 channels from the laptop to the x32. I figured that I could simply use the Aux-Ins on the console - by setting the aux-in to "user 1-6" and then defining those user inputs to AES50-A 41-46 (picking up where the other channels were coming in). But when do this AND set up my laptop to send more channels, I am not getting anything at FOH. 

Any thoughts about what I could be doing wrong? 

View Attachment
    read more...
    0 42
    • djsuperdock
      DavidKnighton Hello djsuperdock,
      Would you be able to upload your scene or provide a link to where we can download and take a peek at your routing setup first hand? I have too many questions to ask, and it would be easier to just glance at the routing. Then I could feasibly pinpoint your issue.
      • Feb 10
      • Klark Teknik DN9630 interface -- Behringer s16 -- Behringer x32 Ecosystem Question
        djsuperdock I'm not at my mixer now but just saved the scene I have on my x32 edit which I just used with the board earlier today. It should be attached to the discussion now.
        • Feb 10
      • Klark Teknik DN9630 interface -- Behringer s16 -- Behringer x32 Ecosystem Question
        DavidKnighton I checked your scene routing and you have but 1 channel from 41-48 assigned to the USER IN 1-8. Might I suggest a test. Assign AES50 41-48 to any bank of input channels and just make sure you're getting something. This will confirm or deny whether there is signal present on those channels. Then you can try a repatch the Aux inputs how you want.
        • Feb 11
    • djsuperdock
      GaryHiggins I think your main issue may be interconnection, the S16's don't transmit their xlr inputs via their B port, B ports of the S16 are fixed to deliver specific aes50 ch's from the FOH mixer. The 2 S16.s in turn would shift the 9630 upstream intended ch's by 32 such that whatever is meant to head to foh from the 9630 will show up as aes50a 33-48 at foh. If more than 16 ch's, they will exceed the 48 ch limit and be 'out of bounds' You probably need to connect the 9630 to it's own port on the mixer and rout any S16 inputs to it via aes50 from FOH. My 2 cents.
      • Feb 10
        djsuperdock What you're saying about the 2 s16s bumping the interface up makes sense and is consistent with what I am experiencing. My first 8 inputs from the 9630 show up at AES50a 33-40. But then why wouldn't I simply be able to send more inputs to the 9630 and have them show up at AES50a 41-48?
        • Feb 10
        GaryHiggins The next 8 outputs from the 9630 would show up as input ch’s aes50a 41-48 at foh. Inputs TO the 9630 would be via the foh mixer aes50a out 1-48 menu. To use the xlr inputs of the s16’s in this way you would need to send aes50a inputs 1-32 from the mixer via aes50a out 1-32 (aes50a out 1-32 must say aes50a 1-32 in groups of 8) by default it would now say out 1-8, out 9-16, out 1-8 and out 9-16 again.
        • Feb 10
        GaryHiggins I still think you would be better off with a dedicated port for the 9630, no shifting of ch’s from it and more straightforward routing to it. Keeps your S16 outs more flexible too.
        • Feb 10
    • djsuperdock
      StephenEvans The S16s are not really meant to be a AES50 hub in the way you want to use them. It would be much better to connect to the AES50B port on the X32, you would be able to do much more flexible routing that way
      • Feb 11
  • New
    dadaswitzerland
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-05

I know, beginners question. Does the XAir connects to the powerplay P16 with the ultranet output? Thank you:)

1 26
    • dadaswitzerland
      RexBeckett Hi dadaswitzerland, yes the XR18 Ultranet output works with the P16-M personal monitor mixers.
      • Feb 5
    • dadaswitzerland
      Dale_M Hi yes this is possible via ultranet to ultranet.
      • Feb 5
  • New
    rmacko68
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-31

Is anyone using Studio One or Capture with an X32 to do multi track recording live?

I installed both on a Windows 10 machine and they show the X-USB card as an audio device, but only as a 2 track and not as a 32 track audio interface.  I have loaded the drivers from Behringer's website and have been able to have free DAW's multi track without any issues but wanted to use Presonus's software since I'm already familiar with it.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 21
    • rmacko68
      RexBeckett Hi rmack068, did you set Studio One's device options to use the ASIO interface for the X32? There are only two channels when using the WDM or WASAPI interface.
      • Jan 31
      • X32 with Presonus software?
        rmacko68 I tried to select the ASIO interface but it wouldn’t connect. It said the device wouldn’t start, but I was able to connect ASIO via Tracktion without any issues, so I assume the “device” is working fine(?)
        • Jan 31
        RexBeckett If Tracktion can use the ASIO interface then the driver must have installed correctly. Can you access the ASIO settings for the X32 through Studio One? If so, check that the sample rate matches that of your project.

Beyond that, you may need to look for help on the Presonus forum.
        • Jan 31
        rmacko68 I will give that a shot. Thank you!
        • Jan 31
  • New
    villanueva29
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-27

Can I use an electret (PC style) microphone with a 3.5mm jack with the Behringer MA400?

My setup would be mic (3.5mm male)-->3.5mm female to male XLR balanced adapter cable-->Behringer MA400 female XLR mic input

I will also be plugging in a set of headphones to the MA400 in order to listen to my own voice, which is the purpose of the device.

Would this setup work? Are electret mics compatible with the MA400? Does  my mic need some sort of external phantom power supply?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.  

read more...
    0 27
    • villanueva29
      RexBeckett Hi villanueva29, electret mics do need a power supply. There are several types available (e.g. Rode VXLR+) but they require phantom power from the mic preamp. The MA400 will pass phantom power that is applied to its Mic Thru connector from a mixing desk or external phantom power supply.

Some mic manufacturers used to sell battery-operated preamp/power supplies for electret mics but it seems that they have all been discontinued. e.g. Shure MX1BP.

Unless it is essential for you to use an electret mic, it might be easier to switch to a dynamic type that does not need power.
      • Jan 27
  • New
    rbird59
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-16

Trying to upgrade my 2 SD8's to Firmware 1.4

Following the Releasenotes.txt, I am always getting the following error message in the command prompt window: "No SD8/SD16 found. Please restart device in bootloader mode (connect USB during power on)." Can somebody please help me? 

A year or so ago I had to upgrade the Firmware and I had a similar problem and I think the solution was to unplug the AES50 to get it to take.  But I've done that and I'm still having the same problem.  Last time I opened a case with Support but they were not help and that's how I found unplugging the AES50.  But now I'm starting to doubt if that the right right solution as I think I also tried a different laptop.  I am using a Surface Pro 7 and I'm wondering if the issue is that all this thing has is USB 3.

After lots of digging I found this old cached post that mentioned that they had to use a device with USB 2.0 otherwise it won't take.

About striple66 - Music Tribe (bingj.com)

Speaking of that cached page, what happened to all the old posts, I can't find anything by searching for say 'Firmware' 

read more...
    0 39
    • rbird59
      Paul_Vannatto Welcome to the "new fangled forum" where we are told that we should be able to find any of the previous posts. That's of course if you have already got your PHD in rocket science. :)

To answer your specific question, you are correct that the firmware update requires USB 2.0 and doesn't reliably work with USB 3.x
      • Jan 16
      • SD 8 Firmware update not working!
        rbird59 Thanks for the confirmation Paul. Know of any tricks without keeping an old laptop always on hand? I tried a 2.0 USB hub but that didn't work. I've looked into changing the USB port speed in the bios or Windows settings but that doesn't look like an option
        • Jan 16
        Paul_Vannatto Offhand, no. Fortunately my HP ProBook (commercial line) still works fine and has USB 2.0 ports.
        • ·
        • Jan 16
        rbird59 Thanks, I think I'm gonna buy a PCIX USB 2.0 controller so I can always have an option if we upgrade our PC. I wish they could fix this issue, but I don't know if it's due to the S8/S16 hardware or the firmware software.
        • Jan 21
        Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately these stageboxes have USB 2.0 ports (hardware). Same issue with the consoles.
        • Jan 21
  • New
    DonaldTaylorJr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

where can i redownload them ?

0 46
    • DonaldTaylorJr
      DonaldTaylorJr I have NOT used my 'box' in 7 mos. it was always working ! Now, (12-23-2020 5pm EDT) My desktop does not recognize the u-phoria UMC204HD. MY PC: twin Xeon 2.93Ghz; 48MB; Win 7 pro. Thanks
      • December 23, 2020
    • DonaldTaylorJr
      RexBeckett Hi Donald, you can download the driver by clicking on Software on the right side of the product page: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BK0

Scroll down to find driver version 4.59
      • December 23, 2020
Go to page