Statistics

227,649 members
102,418 posts
  • New
    GautesMusic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

I am upgrading my studio, and I need more inputs than what I currently have on my tiny Audient id4 audio interface.

I have the Behringer Powerplay system just lying here, and it would be very nice to be able to use the P16-I as the primary or secondary audio interface with my studio.

I use an iMac 27" late 2015 computer with USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt 2 connections.

I also have an iMac 27" mid 2011 with USB 2.0, Thunderbolt and FireWire 800 connections.

Would it be possible to use some kind of converter cable between ADAT and USB or one of the others?

Or do I need a new audio interface that also has ADAT?

Thanks

read more...
    0 58
    • GautesMusic
      GaryHiggins Well the P16-I has 16 adat inputs which is delivered by two 8 ch adat ports, so you get 16 digital input ch’s max. You can also use 16 analog inputs with it but the total Ultranet out is 16 ch’s period. Some combo of the 2 sources analog/adat that are output via ultranet. Not 16 adat and 16 analog. 16 total. As an Adat system it’s 16 ch’s in max and converted to Ultranet out (to connect to P16M’s or P16 D’s or both). Still very cool and useful but you are limited to 16 digital adat input ch's with NO adat out. You would need something that outputs adat to send to the p16i so you can attach and then use your P16 M’s as monitors. Or 16 analog inputs to ultanet out. As part of an adat system it could be very useful but I think you would need an additional interface with adat outs to do so.
      • December 14, 2020
  • New
    kander
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-12

Hello

I wonder if someone could explain to me the numbering of the different models of mixers available such as the X1832USB, I know the 18 is the inputs but not sure what 3 in the model number stands for?

Thank you

Ken

0 19
  • New
    Roseiu13
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-06

GOOD MORNING  I HAVE A XENYX Q802 USB AND DOES NOT WORK WITH MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER TO TRANSMITE A RADIO ONLINE. THE MAN FROM GOSPEL IDEA SERVICE SAID THAT THEY ARE INCOMPATIBLE AND WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS MIXER. IS IT TRUE .... THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

read more...
    0 31
  • New
    PabloAriasMachado
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-16

My name's Pablo. 

I'm very interested in 

Behringer Xenyx X2442 USB

I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF THE INPUT (XLR o TRS) for a electric guitar has or not an ID box to level up the impedance near 20000 Ohm.

And the secon question is if I'd like to use the mixer witw a DAW, can a use a subgroup to send multi tracks to the pc instead using the usb por to send altogether in two channels  

Thanks a lot  Regards

read more...
    0 24
    • PabloAriasMachado
      RexBeckett Hi Pablo, according to the specification, the XLR inputs have an impedance of 2.6K Ohms (balanced) and the TRS inputs are 20K (balanced) and 10K (unbalanced). I would use a DI box with an input impedance of at least 220K to connect a guitar with a passive pickup.

You could record multi-tracks by using the Direct or Sub outputs. You would need a multi-channel analogue interface to connect these outputs to a PC for recording. e.g. UMC1820 for eight channels.
      • November 16, 2020
    • PabloAriasMachado
      PabloAriasMachado Thanks a lot Rex. Your comments for are me are very helpful. THX
      • November 16, 2020
  • joluk
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-10-09

Hey guys, 

i just realized that channel 1-8 does not work properly with my s16 stage box when I plug headphones in the phones output. It sounds as if the sound there is extremely overdriven. 

Channel 9-16 work but without problems.

What could be the reason for this? Configuration error or warranty case?

Thanks in advance!

Lukas

read more...
    0 38
    • joluk
      JasonB81 Hello Lukas - It sounds like there are many variables that could be causing the issue. I would click the support tab above and create a tech support case so we can deep dive on a few options here. There could be a bad cable connection with your cables but more than likely there could be an internal issue we would need to address. Let me know if you have any trouble creating a ticket and we can go from there.
      • October 9, 2020
  • Lookup6236
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-24

Hello. Just looking for some input on a situation I've encountered.

Our church worship team plays several outdoor events throughout the year. The people who provide the sound system use an analog setup. Our musicians have grown accustomed to using the p16 monitoring system for their In ears.

I have the ability to split each channel on the main snake, sending an independent signal for each input to a monitor mixer, or in this case a S16 stagebox.

If I connect my p16 mixers via the ultranet connection on the S16, will the P16's receive the signal from the stage box inputs without being connected to an X32? If so, are there any pitfalls that I may need to be aware of?

Thank! Any input is appreciated!

read more...
    0 27
  • rcottojr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-18

Any news about a release date for the Wing Dante Card. It was mentioned in February but nothing after that.

In this pandemic times, it would be a great solution for broadcasting setup. We just acquired a new "Wing" and it's reserved for that purpose.

read more...
    0 50
    • rcottojr
      john0121 Hi Rcottojr, sorry we can't provide an exact release date at this time. Best to keep an eye on the community and other social media channels for official announcements regarding release dates.
      • September 20, 2020
    • rcottojr
      RobertNelson Any news on availability of the Wing Dante card?
      • Jan 4
    • rcottojr
      danzenner I am also curious on a release date for the Dante expansion card for the WING, seems like something that should have been released by now.
      • Jan 15
  • Braam
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-12

Just wanna know if I canconnect .e-1s to the x32

0 36
    • Braam
      GaryHiggins I don't know for sure but rather doubt they will play nice together. If buying is the consideration, get the Midas DP48, more ch's, more features and they play very nicely withinn the X/M32 (and Wing) line of mixers.
      • September 12, 2020
    • Braam
      StephenEvans Not directly. You could get a Dante or madi card for both the ME system and the X32 to connect them, but it would get quite expensive and be more clunky than using the X32 with a P16 or DP48, or the ME system with an A&H desk.
      • September 14, 2020
  • SethUldall
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-10

For the record, I still find this newer forum format more difficult to navagate than the old one that was like every other forum.

Anyway, there used to be a thread for product or feature requests.  I thought it was a great thread!  And, many of the requests I (and others) made became reality in the latest big 4.0+ x32 firmware update.  I'm really grateful for those updates and the increased usability that it brought to the platform.

I have a couple more things I'd like to mention as possibilities in future products, but I'm not quite sure where the appropriate place is to voice them so that they may be seen by someone who cares and can choose to do something about it or not.

I'll put them here for the time being, but if you fuys know of a beter place please let me know about it.  Or, maybe make another dedicated thread.

So, here's my feed back... On the newer NX series amplifiers, it would be great to have the ability to access them over an ethernet network.  For perminent installs or larger systems, the ability to access the DSP remotely from FOH over my gig network would be a huge plus.  Along with that, to have a screen in the GUI that can monitor the output status (-dB meter, clip, mute, Protect status) of 10 or more amps in one view would be great too.

I've mentioned it before, but I'll mention this one again... For the x/m32 platform (maybe wing too) It would be great to have a 32in/16out rack mount I/O box in a 2RU height, with all inputs on the front and all outputs on the back.  That way it can be racked with the amps and have all the amp connections made once, tidied up, and done in back while leaving the front less cluttered, with only inputs.

Last idea for you guys... BIG one IMO.  The market could use a reasonably priced IEM transmitter/receiver package WITH Dante built in.

If you had a Dante option built into the amps, that would be pretty darn cool too.

Alright, got that off my chest.  I can move forward with life again.  LOL

Thanks guys!

read more...
    1 28
    • SethUldall
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Seth, with this "new fangled" forum interface, there is no "better place" to put anything, since it doesn't have the hierarchy infrastructure that we use to have (it's all one bowl of spaghetti). All good ideas, though.
      • September 10, 2020
  • ifitsoundsgood
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-09-10

I had a fix to this problem before, and it appears it has been deleted. 

I have a Windows 10 laptop with the XUF driver 6.13   (I have deleted and uninstalled all other drivers)

X32 running 4.02 and the XUF card installed. 

The console inputs are set to Card

I have a session in Pro Tools (v2020.5), set X-UF as playback engine, set i/o to all defaults*
    1 to 1 the outputs to each track and I'm getting nothing

No playback, and not able to record. 

read more...
    0 240
    • ifitsoundsgood
      PedroRodrigues Hi Thomas Please be aware that this Card is a legacy product so ruining on more recent OS's might cause some issue. Please also confirm that you are connecting the card directly to your computer or via FIREWIRE 400 or via USB 2.0. Please also confirm if you do have installed the USB or the FIREWIRE drivers for the connection you are using.
      Never the less I would suggest to perform a firmware update for your card. To access the resources for this card please follow the link belowhttps://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0AQK
      • September 10, 2020
Go to page