Statistics

215,308 members
88,415 posts
  • New
    flowaudio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

Hello, can i use an Midas DL32 with a Midas Pro2 in combination with DN9650 and a CM1 AES50 Card?

What is happening when i upsample the DL32 to 96 kHz? Do i get two AES50 streams with 16 or 24 channels or one stream with channel 1-24 and a second with 25-32? Or do i get one 24 channel AES50 Stream an lose channel 25-32? Can i still contoll gains over the converted AES50 stream?

And an other question. Can i control the settings of the DN9650 via Macbook?

And can i update and control Pro Boxes like DL231 with a Macbook? 

Nomaly i dont want to get a windows device just to contoll these settings.

cheers

read more...
    0 17
    • flowaudio
      DanielPaine Yes. A DN9650 with AES50 card can bridge a Pro Series to A M32.
      Setting controls for the DN9650 can be done on a Mac or PC connected via network cable and accessed through a browser.
      You can not control preamps through the DN9650.
      Some Pro stage boxes can operate at 48kHz so you can directly connect to M32
      These include DL251,231 &15X series

Bear in mind, the conversion of channels in a DN9650 is 1 to 1, regardless of sample rate. so if to use a KT-AES50 card for M32, you can connect to the primary for 48 bi-directional channels. Using the fixed AES50 ports for Pro series, each connection can only accommodate 24 channels. so port1: 1-24, port2: 25-48.

at 48kHz the KT-AES50 outputs are duplicated on the secondary port. I'm not aware how it deals with inputs but I suspect will be disabled.

Lastly, stage boxes can be updated via a computer using IO Updater, found on the website software section of any stage box.

I hope this answers your questions
      • Feb 15
  • New
    Maroliboe
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-01-29

Hi Support Team, can I use the DN32-USB card for my Midas M32C like a Midi-interface to controll my Keyboards and Synth from my DAW? Or is this feature implemented in the DN32-LIVE card? (or possible with both cards?) Do you have a Midi implementation Guide for these cards? Thanks and best regards, Martin

read more...
    0 13
    • Maroliboe
      PedroRodrigues Hi Maroliboe, effectively you can use any of the card you refer on your Midas M32C but not as a MIDI interface, I would suggest following the link below to access information on both cards https://www.klarkteknik.com/klarkteknik/product?modelCode=P0DN1 https://www.klarkteknik.com/klarkteknik/product?modelCode=P0BIF. Thank you
      • Jan 29
    • Maroliboe
      Maroliboe Thank you for your feedback, I have seen this docs, on page 2 in the english product information document you can read at the top: „Your console’s recording capability just got even more robust, thanks to the new DN32-LIVE Expansion Card and USB Audio/ MIDI Interface.“ Is it possible with DN32-Live to send Midi via USB to the Midiports to control external Keyboards/Synthesizers??
      • Jan 29
      • Midi usage DN32-USB vs DN32-LIVE
        Maroliboe ... so is it working like a „true“ midi-interface?
        • Jan 29
      • Midi usage DN32-USB vs DN32-LIVE
        Paul_Vannatto The answer is no. The DN32-Live (as well as the X32-Live) card does not have a midi interface. The console itself has a midi interface that is designed to be used in conjunction with a midi device to control the console (mutes, faders, etc.) only. You are misinterpreting that line in the document. My read is that the DN32-Live expands the recording capability along with the USB Audio (and MIDI interface - for control).
        • Jan 29
    • Maroliboe
      Maroliboe Thank you very much, Paul, for your help :) it helped me in my decision how to route midi in my setup in the best way (and sry for multiple posts :)
      • Jan 31
  • New
    BryanSiedschlag
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-01

Is it possible to replace the SFPs in a pair of DN9620s to use single mode fiber instead of MMF? We are using this on a sports TV production truck and we have 500' fiber of single mode going to the sideline of a football field.

Something like this: https://www.fs.com/products/75339.html?attribute=1802

read more...
    0 16
    • BryanSiedschlag
      Nigel67 Hi Bryan. We do not officially support converting the DN9620's from multi mode to single mode, however, yes it is possible by changing the internal fibre cables and fibre module for single mode type. Changing any parts internally, will void any warranty on the units though.
      • Jan 3
  • New
    jbsounds
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-01

Hey All,

We have a Pro2 at FOH with a DL251 on stage, I'm looking at two paths right now that I'd like to take:

1. Dante. I'm looking to add a DN9650 with a KTDante64 card so that we can start our way down that road.
    2. Personal Monitor Mixer System. I'm a Midas fanboy for a long time now, so when I saw the DP48s I got really excited until I saw that they were 48k. The Pro series consoles are 96k, so there has to be some sort of sample rate conversion to make it work.

I know that I could go with an Aviom personal monitor mixing system, especially with the introduction of Dante, but I do like everything about the DP48 so much more than the Aviom systems. We could go Aviom, but I think I would have to go with a D800+Dante input module because the D400 (to my understanding) is 48k...same problem as the DP48s.

But with the addition of the DN9650, would I be able to run two AES50 lines between this and the Pro2 and then use the AES50 3 port to send a 48k AES50 signal to the HUB4 for the DP48s?

I'll take any feedback on any of the matters mentioned? What would you do for personal monitor mixing system to integrate with a Midas Pro2? We will be using it for orchestra pits during musicals and big band jazz performances mostly.

Thanks.

read more...
    0 94
    • jbsounds
      Nigel67 Hi Joe, unfortunately there is a little more to this than you have mentioned above. The DN9650 with Dante, is literally just that, AES50 to Dante conversion. There is no separate AES50 port running at 48K to plug your DP48 or HUB into, which means that you will need to add another DN9650 with a KT-AES50 (converts to 48K) card in it, but to get 48 channels of audio for your DP48, you will need 2 additional AES50 ports (24 channels a port at 96K) on the PRO2. Along with your 3 x DL251 AES50 ports, this means you will require 7 x AES50 ports on the PRO2, or 6 if you can get away with only using 24 channels of audio on your DP48. I cannot think of any other way of doing what you require. Are you recording at 48 or 96K through the Dante? If 48K, the secondary port on the Dante acts as a redundant. What if you then had an M32C with Dante card connected to this and then with direct patching you could come out of the AES50 at 48K to your HUB/DP48. I do not think that the delay would be to bad, but obviously you have the extra cost of the M32C added in. I will ask one of our Solutions Team if he agrees with my theory here or has any further suggestions.
      • December 2, 2020
  • hoangbaokhoa
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-14

Hi Folks,

Would you please advise if we can insert the Klark Teknik DN 32 USB to Midas Pro 3 for multitrack recording?

Which software you prefer in this case?

Many thanks!

0 31
    • hoangbaokhoa
      john0121 Hi Diem, the DN32USB is only compatible with M and X series consoles not Pro Series. You should take a look at the DN9630 if you want to record from Pro 3 to computer via USB.
      • October 14, 2020
      • Dn 32 USB & Midas pro 3
        hoangbaokhoa Many thanks John
        • October 15, 2020
    • hoangbaokhoa
      jbsounds Just got one of these and looking forward to putting it to use with our Pro2.
      • November 13, 2020
  • MichaelDeming
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-08-07

Hello-

I just installed a DN32 Dante card in a Midas M32C.  The M32C recognizes the card but when I plug the primary ethernet port to my cisco switch or go directly from laptop to secondary port, there is no network activity leds' flashing so the Dnate Controller software v.4.2.3.1 isn't picking it up.

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

read more...
    0 41
    • MichaelDeming
      GaryHiggins Do you have the latest firmware installed? Dante virtual soundcard installed? I have the X-Dante version but it is not presently in any machine (put in a X-Live) so I'm a bit foggy on it. What are you using for M32 clock? Needs to be EXp Card.
      • August 8, 2020
    • MichaelDeming
      MichaelDeming Thank you Gary.
      • August 8, 2020
    • MichaelDeming
      MichaelDeming I am using the card for the clock. The Midas is on firmware version 4.02. I must be missing a step as the M32C acknowledges the DN32 Dante card. I'm just not getting any activity lights on the primary or secondary ports. I using a Cisco unmanaged switch and can see my other Dante devices via Dante controller software with no problem.
      • August 8, 2020
    • MichaelDeming
      GaryHiggins OK, only other thought is the firmware for the card, I looked earlier and it was giving a "bad file" message of some sort. I have not used my XDante card in a while, the firmware is the same. I may have it or you could check the Behringer site, it's there v4.08
      • August 8, 2020
    • MichaelDeming
      MichaelDeming I can't access the card through the primary or secondary port via Dante Controller software to even see what version it is on. The card is brand new right out of the box. If the M32C didn't recognize the card is installed, I would think I had a dead card. I am not using a virtual IP card in this setup. Thank you for your suggestions.
      • August 8, 2020
      • KT DN32-Dante
        GaryHiggins Last thought, try lowering the m32 firmware to 3.11 or 12, could be you can then connect the card and upgrade firmware of the Dante card, then move back to 4.02 firmware on the m32. It is possible 4.02 won’t recognize the older firmware...probably not, but possible
        • August 8, 2020
      • KT DN32-Dante
        MichaelDeming Thank you. I will try that. I can't find any information on a factory reset on the M32C. I also own the actual M32 console and have factory before with no problem. Never have had any connectivity issues with that console. Thank you!
        • August 9, 2020
  • Nowopenyoureyes
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-22

DN32 - USB.

Attempted an upgrade to KT-DN32-USB-Driversetup-v4.59.0. on MIDAS M32.

When running the Dfu.exe file I got this Error code:

Entering upgrade mode...

Upgrading firmware...0 of 40794 bytes transferred.

TUSBAUDIO_GetDfuStatus: Function Failed with Error code 0xEE000003.

Samplitude could not find the ASIO driver. I reloaded the previous ASIO driver v4.11, which only works correctly in 32/32 mode. Anything I can do?

Apologies for entering this into the wrong box below. I trust you can remove it.

Graham.

read more...
    0 109
    • Nowopenyoureyes
      RexBeckett Reinstall the V4.59.0 driver and ignore the Dfu.exe file. It didn't work for many people and is unnecessary.
      • July 22, 2020
  • chayoung
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-17
    need dn9650 update file homepage does not open. [email protected]
    0 17
    • chayoung
      Nigel67 Hi, can you reply with your e-mail address and I will send the latest firmware over to you.
      • July 17, 2020
      • dn9650 update file
        Nigel67 Sorry, missed your e-mail address even though its right infront of me . Will send it over to you
        • July 17, 2020
      • dn9650 update file
        chayoung The file you sent was received. But I think you sent it wrong
        I want a dn9650 file.
        What I received is dn9680.
        Installation is not possible.
        Currently my version is v1.05
        • July 17, 2020
      • dn9650 update file
        Nigel67 I have sent the correct version now. Please confirm that you have received it
        • July 17, 2020
      • dn9650 update file
        chayoung I have received it well. Thank you
        • ·
        • July 17, 2020
  • AlexNL
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-13
    Hi, I have a DL422 inserted in the mid-slot of the PRO6 surface. I connected my outputs (Left and Right) to that and it works. But the red 'mute' light stays on. Anyone experiencing this? regards, Alex
    0 37
    • AlexNL
      Nigel67 Is this on all channel outputs on the card or just the two that you are testing?
      • July 13, 2020
      • DL442 mute
        AlexNL All mute lights stay on. Check light i can enable via surface so interface seems ok.
        • July 13, 2020
      • DL442 mute
        Nigel67 I would say that if the fault is on the DL442, then U9 is probably the culprit. You may find its as simple as a dry joint on one of the pins. This IC switches the Mutes on and off. Have you moved the card to another position just to check that the problem follows the card. It should do, but just want to check. You will need to get the card fixed if it does. It has a 10 year warranty if purchased on or after 1/9/2014. You need to contact the shop that you purchased the card from.
        • July 15, 2020
      • DL442 mute
        AlexNL Thanks, i will follow the steps first and report to you.
        • July 17, 2020
    • AlexNL
      AlexNL I now understand what the mute light does on the DL442 and other outputs. when there is a signal, very very ver small. the light switches off. when there is no sound (digital zero) the light swithes on to RED.
      • July 20, 2020
    • AlexNL
      AlexNL I assumed that only the mute button could control the mute led on the output card, but it seems otherwise.
      • July 20, 2020
      • DL442 mute
        AlexNL thanks for your tips.
        • ·
        • July 20, 2020
    • AlexNL
      Nigel67 Hi Alex, ah, yes. The mute LED circuitry is right on the output stage of the audio circuitry, so as soon as it detects any audio / noise, it will switch the LED off. Even if the Mute switch is unmuted, if there is not enough audio level/noise then the LED will not switch off.
      • July 22, 2020
      • DL442 mute
        Nigel67 sorry do not understand your question
        • July 23, 2020
      • DL442 mute
        AlexNL i type a smiley after 'right' but it came out as '????', again, thanks for saving me
        • ·
        • July 24, 2020