• New
    jonandersa
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-03-23

Hi! On the Midas web page it says (and has been saying for a long time): “ HUB4 easily interfaces with the new Midas DL8 stage box”.

How is the DL8 coming?

2 14
  • New
    jon9max
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-03-07

I use a DL32 with a M32C. I am trying to update the firmware on the DL32. I follow the instructions and I cannot seem to do it. If I look at the device manager it says dL32 1.06. When I go through the process as instructed It says DL32 1.06 ready to use. I am trying to update to 1.8. Unfortunatly the only way to do this is with a windows computer and the process seems goofy and there is no way to tell if anything is installing, installed or anything. I tried getting the 1.7 to install that first, incase it had to do that? but that also does the same thing. I am using windows 10. There also seems to be no way to find out on the dl32. (that I know of) if I plug the DL32 into my mac and look at what is on the port it also says DL32 1.06. Does anyone have a better way of doing this of a mac version? Thanks-John

read more...
    0 18
    • jon9max
      Paul_Vannatto Do you have the USB cable plugged into a USB 3.0 (blue) port on the computer by chance? If so, that will probably be the problem. It needs to be plugged into a USB 2.0 (black) port
      • Mar 7
    • jon9max
      dragosjustin I had the same problem. I used my wife's surface pro 7 to try and update it but kept saying DL32 not in bootloader mode or something like that. I ended up installing WIN10 on my Mac pro using bootcamp and updated it that way. Pretty annoying but got it updated. That was my experience.
      • Mar 7
  • New
    bethelmedia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

When I try to update the I/O Box with the Midas IO updater it keep failing. I followed the video instructions and set my LAN IP to local as it states and it see the IO box IP and TFTP server but as soon as I press update I get failed to update.

Latest firmware I can find is  Version G3.4.6 rel-9 from 2019.  Anything more recent being worked on? 

read more...
    0 25
    • bethelmedia
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. 3.4.6 is the latest version of Firmware. Which ID is the DL251 set to? This impacts the IP address. For example ID 1 the IP address would be 192.168.40.1, and ID 2 the IP address would be 192.168.40.2

Do you have a network security/firewall up? Try disabling that as well.

You may wish to contact us directly through the Support link at the top of the page. Click on Support and then Technical Support.
      • Feb 14
    • bethelmedia
      bethelmedia I've tried the different IDs. It sees the IP just fine it's just when I press the update it fails. I'll attach a screen shot.
      • Feb 14
    • bethelmedia
      bethelmedia btw..i only have the IO box. PROXG3.4.6rel-9.tar not the ProX board. if a board is needed then never mind.
      • Feb 14
      • Midas DL251
        KyleJohnson The console isn't needed, that's the correct file. Please do submit a ticket so we can try to assist further.
        • Feb 14
  • New
    69ramblers
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-02-06

Hello,

Anyone here using the MR 18 as an interface with Jamkazam?

Thank you,

[email protected]

0 25
  • New
    Face
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-30

Hi, I have a M32, And have purchased a dl151 and dl154, to give me 32 input and 16 outputs.

but cant seem to get them to work. i can get 24ch from the 151 but the 154 show up as ch 17 to 24 with

a trim control, and i cant change it..

Can anyone help with configuring M32 with DL151,DL154..

read more...
    0 23
  • New
    Howgreen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-09

Question,

I am having issue finding a DN32 Dante Card in the US.  

My question what is the difference between an X32 Dante card, and a Klark Teknik DN32 Dante card?  

Is the X32 Dante card compatibile and does it operate the same as a DN32 Dante card on a Midas M32 Live Console?  

read more...
    1 48
    • Howgreen
      GaryHiggins I’m 99.9% sure they are compatible. Essentially no difference.
      • Jan 9
      • X32 Dante I/O Compatibility with M32 Live
        Howgreen Gary thanks for the information. Are there any users that have installed this card instead of the DN32 Dante that can confirm?
        • Jan 9
        GaryHiggins The KT site says theirs works in either Behringer or Midas, same Dante chip, Brooklyn II. The reverse would also be true. X-Dante will work in an M32. Mine is in my Core and has been for a year or so. I might try to put it in my M32 for the heck of it.
        • Jan 9
        GaryHiggins update: Howard, I was inspired this am to make sure I wasn't dreaming and put the X-Dante card in my M32R, and as suspected it works 100%. I had updated it to the latest firmware this past summer (4.08) but doubt it makes a difference as to if it works in a M32 or not. That said you would want to update either model to the latest version.
        • Jan 10
  • New
    BillHood
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-12-12

Have been thinking and researching this for a while but I still lack the knowledge, so thought I would just ask. Have 2 DL 16's using AES50 to connect to my M32C for live show (IEM and FOH mix). Sometimes need to split to FOH and I currently have ART splitters that work fine but is a ton of cables to lug around/keep in repair. Not very elegant and I think I have some signal loss too.

Seems I could ADAT out of my DL16s (while still using my IEM setup) into something like ADA8200's, then 8200's run to FOH. 1 drawback is the only tap option seems to be after preamp, but I can live with that...

1) Would this work, 2) would I retain the beautiful Midas preAmp clarity of my DL16 as I think they are higher end than the 8200, 3) is there another option without spending lots of $$. I did find ADAT to Analog converters but they were all studio quality and thousands - nice if you can do it but not for a live situation I think. Not for my budget anyway. Thanks!

read more...
    0 35
    • BillHood
      GaryHiggins The preamps of the 8200 are Midas designed but not Midas Pro like your DL16's so yes some difference, a lot? I wouldn't say that. but not the same. They might be better suited for your IEM and use the DL for FOH as the in ears are for assisting the musicians, but critical sound is at FOH...then again most people as listeners probably won't notice the difference, just you...Would be nice to try out before spending $ as the ADA's will still run about $500 for 2, not horrible but still hard earned money.
      • December 12, 2020
      • Using DL16 ADAT as "Splitter Snake" for live show, while using my setup for IEM
        BillHood Thanks Gary - is kinda what I was thinking as well. Was maybe hoping the ADAT in 8200 "bypassed" the preamp to Analog out, but figured that was wishful thinking. On the $$ I guess I could sell my ART splitters to help offset, plus we are still in lock down around here so I am actually saving money by not playing bar gigs :-)
        • December 12, 2020
      • Using DL16 ADAT as "Splitter Snake" for live show, while using my setup for IEM
        GaryHiggins Well you may be right, I was referring to the preamps not the outputs although I'm sure that pathway has some effect .on the sound and also not equal to your DL.. The sources would be aes50 17-32 but would have to be converted to analog by the 8200 to be output. Maybe it will be just fine. Hope it works out!
        • December 12, 2020
  • New
    Magnetismus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-06

Is it possible to manage an Klark DN9630 in the Patchwindow on the Pro1? Its not in the Devicelist, same as every Klark device, exept the DN9696.

0 29
    • Magnetismus
      Nigel67 Hi Hendrik. The DN9630 is assigned in the config page as a Generic AES50 and will then show up in the patching page as a Generic AES50 connection and you patch to this as normal.
      • December 6, 2020
  • FlorianScheibein
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-29

Hello Everybody,
    I am searching for a solution including Driver to use my Midas Venice F24 with my new laptop. The Drivers on the Midas homepage are not compatible with the latest OsX version 10.15.6. It is also hard for me to find an adapter from firewire to thunderbolt 3.

Does anyone have any suggestions, tipps or solutions?

Thanks

read more...
    0 278
    • FlorianScheibein
      Nigel67 Hi Florian. Yes, I am afraid that the VF will not work with Catalina. The only option that I can suggest, however I do not know if anyone has tried it, would be to have a dual boot on the MAV where you can try running a much older version of OSX that originally worked with the Venice F. I have no idea whether this will work, I only found out that you could dual boot two versions of OSX on a MAC a couple of months ago. If you do try it, please let me know the outcome as it may make a lot of other Venice F owners extremely happy.
      • September 29, 2020
    • FlorianScheibein
      SebRoth He Florian, I haven't tried it so far but the attached link looks promising. Just got a Venice F16 but first it needs some service before it will go into the studio. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/1278805-midas-venice-f32-catalina-64bit.html
      • October 15, 2020
      • Midas Venice F24 firewire on a MacBook Pro 2019 (Thunderbolt3)
        Nigel67 I had heard of this working in Mojave, but not Catalina. This is great news. Thank you for highlighting it.
        • October 19, 2020
  • pafballou
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-14
    Can the MR18 be used in a standard Mac desktop (not a tablet) and will it play nicely with GarageBand?
    0 28
    • pafballou
      RexBeckett The MR18 can be used with a Mac desktop and will play nicely with GarageBand and many other DAW packages.
      • July 14, 2020
Go to page