Statistics

305,949 members
190,289 posts
  • New
    DSPEvents
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-05

Who is my direct contact for all our Midas ProX tech questions?  I used to be able to call my tech and get help. We are in the middle of a tour who is my new contact phone number?  I need help configuring our IO DL251 to our Pro X

0 5
    • DSPEvents
      Nigel67 Hi DSPEvents. Please submit a Technical Support ticket and we will reply as soon as possible. This can be done by clicking on the Support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Customer Support tab and submit a Technical Support ticket. Many thanks
      • Nov 7
  • New
    DavidHenry
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-14

I can't get the Heritage HD96 to connect to the DL251.

Help please

0 7
    • DavidHenry
      Dale_M I have replied to your support ticket
      • Oct 15
      • HD96 DL251
        KevinMaxwell Dale if the reply is a solution to how to configure it to work I think that would be good to share publicly. If solutions are offered that could help other users this is a handy way to get the word out and maybe then there wouldn’t be a need for a support ticket for other users that would see this.

If it is a unit in need of repair that is a different story.
        • Oct 16
    • DavidHenry
      anastudio3 Midas pro 2Error code 01050012
      • Oct 17
  • New
    mgsoundman65
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-10

How do you control Head Amp levels and phantom power on the Midas DL32 Stagebox plugged into AES50 to Dante convertor?

I have been told it through the MIDI conectors, but what do you connect to them??

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

read more...
    0 6
    • mgsoundman65
      Paul_Vannatto I don't believe that is possible with the DL32 (without connecting to an M32, X32 or Wing). On page 16 of the DL32 QSG it states that the midi IN/Out are used to communicate with an M32. If you do need to use a stagebox in a standalone configuration (connected only to the AES50 to Dante converter), I would suggest you replace the DL32 with 2 DL16, which can be configured in standalone mode (see page 12 of the DL16 manual).
      • Oct 10
      • Midas DL32 Stagebox Head Amp control
        mgsoundman65 Thank you. I'm pretty sure your right on this.
        • Oct 10
  • New
    SionJones
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-03

Hi.
    I’m looking to upgrade out broadcast truck’s audio capabilities, and am considering going with the Midas HD-96, however I have a few questions regarding using AES50 stageboxes over fibre.

The documentation states that to use a Klark Teknik DN9680 to send AES over fibre, we need to “upgrade” to the multimode fibre module.
    Is this really the case?

We would only need three DL153 stageboxes maximum for our rigs (two would be enough, but a third would allow future expansion).
    The three stageboxes are run to separate locations, and so we don’t need multiplexing.
    I was hoping we could take 3 of the AES50 ports, and use DN9680s to run single mode fibre directly from the truck to the stageboxes.

We currently use Dante stageboxes run over SMPTE311 hybrid fibre cables, due to their incredible ruggedness, weatherproofness, their ability to be daisychained, and being a TV company we have plentiful stock of them.
    Our runs are typically between 100 and 200m, occasionally up to 400m.

However, these are single-mode fibre, and would not work with the “upgraded” multimode module in the KT9680

Could anyone give me the lowdown on AES-over-fibre? Do we really have to use multimode?

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 13
    • SionJones
      GaryHiggins You might be better served with a Wing fitted with an internal Dante card and keep your Dante stageboxes and single mode fiber...get a few and still save multiple thousands of dollars. The Wing is a GREAT mixer! (and you can still buy and use DL153's via aes50)
      • Oct 4
    • SionJones
      aspitko I would be also curious with official statement. We have single mode cables everywhere throughout our theatre and also when we travel to other theatres, single mode is much more common.
      • Oct 19
    • SionJones
      aspitko But as long as inside MIDAS HD96 and also in DN9680 are just basic SFP modules with fibre optics dual LC pigtails connected to Neutrik panel opticalCON duo connectors, we tried single mode SFP modules and we were able to get it to work also with signle mode connections. We also tried signle mode WDM connection (over only one fibre) and it also worked flawlessly.
      • Oct 20
    • SionJones
      aspitko I understand, that it’s not supported officially, but I’m really curious what’s the main reason for MIDAS not to implement single mode connections officially, because they’re more common and work for longer distances.
      • Oct 20
    • SionJones
      SionJones

aspitko - so you're saying that inside them both are just standard off-the-shelf SFP modules? That's good to know, although I wouldn't want to start fiddling inside a brand new 30+ grand piece of equipment, in case they start getting weird about support.

• Oct 20
  • New
    slomogoget
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-06-17

Hello U all,

I am desperately looking for a X dante card or DN32 Dante card to hook up my X32 to a Dante network. Unfortunatly, these items are not available for retail in Europe due to the Covid economic disaster (I assume...).

Will somebody be willing to sell me a second hand card ? I am going on tour pretty soon and I really need one. I live in France.

Thanks. Regards

read more...
    0 10
  • New
    Chao-Chih_Yao
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-05-31

Can i use Ultranet connect dn4816-o and X32 to output all p16 channels from x32?

0 179
    • Chao-Chih_Yao
      Paul_Vannatto The X32 does not have StageConnect. Currently only the Wing has this port.
      • May 31
      • DN4816-O
        Chao-Chih_Yao I'm talking a bout ultranet not SC.
        • Jun 2
    • Chao-Chih_Yao
      Chao-Chih_Yao

dn4816-o have a ultranet in , so when i put something from that port. what will happen?go to output direct?

• May 31
    • Chao-Chih_Yao
      Paul_Vannatto The DN4816-O is a StageConnect stagebox that also has Ultranet In and Out. Without StageConnect connectivity at the console, it isn't much value. The Ultranet In is converted to StageConnect and sent out the StageConnect upstream (Master) to the console.
      • Jun 2
      • DN4816-O
        Chao-Chih_Yao OK~got it....thank you.
        • Jun 2
    • Chao-Chih_Yao
      ACinBNA62

So, is the DN4816-O not compatible with an M32c?

• Jul 19
  • New
    jeppeschaumburg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-30

Hi,

What the difference on the "old" stagebox (DL32) and the new ones (StageConnect series)?

In my band our sound engineer is currently using the DL32 with a M32 Live (his own gear). We're now considering to buy our own stagebox and digital mixer in the band. We're considering the M32C (rack size mixer) and the DL32. But then I discoverede the new StageConnect series. We could then use 2 x DN4816-I and 1 x DN4816-O instead of 1 x DL32. But can anyone explain to me, what the differences are, and what the pros and cons are? Should we stick to the DL32 with all its features and options or go for the new stageboxes?

Thanks!

- Jeppe

read more...
    0 138
    • jeppeschaumburg
      Paul_Vannatto The problem is that the M32 (and X32) does not have StageConnect integrated into those consoles. Currently only the Wing has StageConnect. I would suggest you stick to the DL32.
      • May 30
  • New
    Dontiveros
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-20

Hi,

my church has a Midas m32 console, and 2 s16 stage boxes. We currently have in use the first 16 inputs ( 1-16 )on one s16 and a handful of inputs ( 17-25) on the next s16. We are also using 6 of the outputs ( 1-6 ) on one s16 for IEMs and 2 outputs ( 15-16 ) on the second s16 for our main PA. These are both connected via AES50 A cable. The stage boxes are connected by running a Ethernet cable from AES50 A on the back of the console to the AES50 A port on the first s16, then it is connected to the second s16 by running an Ethernet from AES50 B on the first box to AES50 A on the second s16. 

we also have a LABGRUPPEN connected to our m32 console for running overflow speakers to other rooms ( we have these labeled as matrix 1,2,3 ) these are connected to the back of the console on output ports ( 9-13 ) how can I map these stage boxes and local outputs in the routing section of my m32 but also have the ability to control each one of the matrix individually 

read more...
    0 14
    • Dontiveros
      Paul_Vannatto I'm not sure what you are asking for. If you have the M32 and 2 S16 all connected and working as expected/desired, why are you asking for the routing?

For your last question "ability to control each one of the matrix individually" you would do that by selecting the Mtx 1-6 Main C layer on the right bank of faders and adjust the desired matrix master fader.
      • May 20
      • Routing
        Dontiveros Sorry if it didn’t make sense, I am the 5th person to touch this board in less than 3yrs and each person before me has changed or routed things differently. It was a big mess and I guess I still don’t quite understand the p16, user and xlr tabs of the routing page.

When I turn the faders up or down for our matrix’s it does not adjust/change the sound to those speakers it remains the same. Again sorry for the confusion I don’t know where to begin or how to ask for guidance on my situation.
        • May 20
      • Routing
        Dontiveros There are still a lot of things that are not working right
        • May 20
    • Dontiveros
      Paul_Vannatto Thanks for explaining your situation. Now I understand. Give me a moment and I will map out the routing for you.
      • May 20
    • Dontiveros
      Paul_Vannatto Here is the routing for your setup. If this doesn't work, what I would suggest is for you to export your scene to a file and provide a shareable link to it (using something like Google Drive, etc.). If you need help with that, let me know.
      Here is the routing:

Routing, Inputs screen
      * Inputs 1-8 -> AES50 A1-8
      * Inputs 9-16 -> AES50 A9-16
      * Inputs 17-24 -> AES50 A17-24

Routing, Out 1-16 screen
      * Output 1 -> Mixbus 1 (post fader)
      * Output 2 -> Mixbus 2 (post fader)
      * Output 3 -> Mixbus 3 (post fader)
      * Output 4 -> Mixbus 4 (post fader)
      * Output 5 -> Mixbus 5 (post fader)
      * Output 6 -> Mixbus 6 (post fader)

* Output 9 -> Matrix 1 (post fader)
      * Output 10 -> Matrix 2 (post fader)
      * Output 11 -> Matrix 3 (post fader)

* Output 15 -> Main L (post fader)
      * Output 16 -> Main R (post fader)

Routing, AES50 (out to 2 S16)
      * AES50 A1-8 -> Out 1-8
      * AES50 A9-16 -> Out 9-16

Routing, XLR (out to XLR outputs on back of console)
      * Outputs 1-4 -> Out 1-4
      * Outputs 5-8 -> Out 5-8
      * Outputs 9-12 -> Out 9-12
      * Outputs 13-16 -> Out 13-16

For the 2 S16, make sure the first one is in mode 1 (Out+8 and Out+16 lights not lit) and the second one is in mode 2 (Out+8 is lit).
      • May 20
    • Dontiveros
      Dontiveros Thank you so much this should give me an idea of what to look for
      • May 20
  • New
    Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-13

StageConnect Series
    http://ow.ly/WHfw50J79lT

Bus-Powered StageConnect Interfaces with Analogue In/Out, XLR Inputs, Dual ULTRANET In- and Outputs as well as Phantom or External Power Supplies

The Midas and Klark Teknik StageConnect Series I/O Interfaces are designed to serve our Recording and Broadcast, Touring and Live Sound as well as Hospitality Customers.

From: $349.00 (in stock and immediately shipping from our factory)

#Midas #KlarkTeknik #StageConnectSeries #DN4888 #DN4816I #DN4816O #DN4816U #Mixers #IOInterfaces

read more...
    3 392
  • New
    PC69281111
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-30

Hi Team,

Am I able to use any combination of the local console  and stage box in / outs so long as I stay in banks of 8? All connected over AES network

example: For input first 24 ins from DL32 sent to m32 FOH.. additional 8 and Aux in user local on M32

All combination of 32 ins from DL 32 and local M33 inputs sent over AES network to

M32 R

For output 

M32 FOH out 1 to 8 sends use DL32 stage box 

8 to 16 use local on M32 

M32R use local outs 1-8 

Application 10 pc band... multiple stereo mixes required for IEM systems.

Mutilpe Wireless mic channels also used for input.

both mixers will be side stage with short cable runs as these are all wedding and corporate functions, where a true FOH position is not provided.

All tech gear is side stage.. 

I hope the question is clear 

PC 

read more...
    0 32
    • PC69281111
      GaryHiggins You can use any combination these days with the “user in” and “user out”menus. In any order and from any source group. Does not require groups of 8. It just takes a bit longer to do it. The more you use those 2 user categories the quicker you get at routing them.
      • Mar 29
Go to page